Darth Maul - Celebration Exclusive

GNT

Reaction score
Looks like we'll be seeing a 6" Darth Maul on an Ep1 card. Thoughts on this?

Reaction score
Was Celebration Luke available on HTS after the event? I wasn't interested in him so I didn't pay too much attention.

Reaction score
Not too keen on that card.
I get that it's nostalgic, but .. the Maul figure is an archive re-release?
But on that card, so he fits well with ep. 1 Obi Wan .. and they are the only 2 to be released on that card?

Seems like they can't figure it out themselves, with all their scales and lines within the lines, etc. etc. xD
Or is it just me?

Reaction score
Not too keen on that card.
I get that it's nostalgic, but .. the Maul figure is an archive re-release?
But on that card, so he fits well with ep. 1 Obi Wan .. and they are the only 2 to be released on that card?

Seems like they can't figure it out themselves, with all their scales and lines within the lines, etc. etc. xD
Or is it just me?
I just saw Starwarstheblackseries instagram posts about these, and Maul will ALSO be released as an archive figures, as well as this foil card celebration exclusive.

Reaction score
Very nice. Already have the figure but I can't pass up that 1999 nostalgia...

Reaction score
This was one of the best pre face printing heads, didn't expect it to help much and it really doesn't.

I'll be selling my boxed one off and getting the Archive one. I'm not that nuts I need the original release when I can get double what the archin figure will cost.

Reaction score
I might be in the minority but I wasn’t a big fan of the E1 card backs back then s They looked to generic. I did like the figures when they were released on the VTC cards. So these will be passes for me.

Reaction score
I try to stay clear from the BS line and keep my focus on the regular line, but on that card him and Obi Wan are must-haves.
Yeah it takes me back to the midnight toy event before TPM hit theaters. I remember getting off work 2nd shift, going to Toys R Us and getting in line with all the other 20-somethings, and cleaning out the place lol. I got a few though, Maul being the most important one to me. I remember one guy stocking up on Jar Jar figures because he thought Jar Jar was going to explode in popularity and be super-valuable.

Reaction score
I remember one guy stocking up on Jar Jar figures because he thought Jar Jar was going to explode in popularity and be super-valuable.
That might be the most perfect thing I've ever read. lol.

Yeah nothing's ever really topped the lead up and overall event of Phantom Menace.

Reaction score
Yeah it takes me back to the midnight toy event before TPM hit theaters. I remember getting off work 2nd shift, going to Toys R Us and getting in line with all the other 20-somethings, and cleaning out the place lol. I got a few though, Maul being the most important one to me. I remember one guy stocking up on Jar Jar figures because he thought Jar Jar was going to explode in popularity and be super-valuable.
When I went for a midnight opening at the TRU for Phantom Menace, they had everything but Maul. It wasn't till weeks later before I finally got Maul.

Reaction score
Love these figures but as someone who is not going to celebration..There is no way I could pay $400 for the pair.

Reaction score
I'm glad I just want the figure. I'll wait for the regular archive line release. I just want it to replace my bootleg one.
I just recently got the bootleg version through another collector, but I will definitely get the archive version too :)

Reaction score
I just recently got the bootleg version through another collector, but I will definitely get the archive version too :)
I've got the bootleg too. Gonna get the archive release, and stick the bootleg on the cheapo mash ups speeder I picked up.

Reaction score
I've got the bootleg too. Gonna get the archive release, and stick the bootleg on the cheapo mash ups speeder I picked up.
Ah, yes, you are the one I got it from :D I never thought I'd get a "legit" version though. But am happy that I was able to get the bootleg one. He is a pretty good substitute!

Reaction score
I have two bootleg versions, but will likely get an archive version too.

Don't care too much about the special packaging version. (Unless I could get one easily.)

Reaction score
Has anyone figured out what would be the best way to protect this figure?
I want to get some figure shields, but am unsure about the dimensions of the card.

Reaction score
Good question. I hope I can get one each at SWCC and bring them all the way across the Atlantic in my checked luggage on pristine cards / bubbles.

Reaction score
So I just read a press release that JediBusiness posted stating that this Maul & Obi-Wan are going to be available at Star Wars celebrations AND other conventions??!! Wtf?? So now there's no true Celebration Hasbro exclusive?

Reaction score
Has anyone figured out what would be the best way to protect this figure?
I want to get some figure shields, but am unsure about the dimensions of the card.
It's hard to know since no one has the figures in hand yet. Maybe contact Hasbro CS and try to get a cardback dimension from them?

I would think the closest match (right now) would be the ones sized for the 40th Anniversary Vintage line:

https://www.figureshield.com/product-page/star-wars-40th-anniversary-6-figureshield-sw40

Reaction score
I read on The Collector's Hutt's IG that the Phantom Menace cards are the exact same dimensions as the vintage-style 40th Anniversary cards. He has the set in hand.

Reaction score
The big three Online sellers here in UK are hopeful for stock but no idea of quantity or price yet. I'm a sucker for the shiny foil cardbacks so really hope i can grab these!

Reaction score
The big three Online sellers here in UK are hopeful for stock but no idea of quantity or price yet. I'm a sucker for the shiny foil cardbacks so really hope i can grab these!
ID Toys are quoting £24.99 each.

Darkside Toys reckon £20-£21 each but i imagine it will be the £24.99 price range.

Reaction score
I wonder when Hasbro will announce the online sale date for these thru their Pulse program. These and whatever SDCC has are why I did the 1yr free trial with purchase.

Reaction score
Where's the thread for the Obi-Wan figure? I thought there was one, but it seems to have gone AWOL.

Reaction score
This guy just went up on Hasbro Pulse, snagged one.