Darth Malak - #35

Reaction score
Re: Darth Malak

Looks really good for a first time! Must be like Elan Sleazebaggano, they knew that the first time they made him they wouldn't make him again so they went all out.

Reaction score

Uhm, they didn't go near "all out," if you ask me. I think it does look a little better, but that's not saying much. So overall, it's still pretty bad. There's a chance it might look better without the jaw piece on.

Reaction score

I think he looks GREAT! The improved eyes make it so much better. The neck piece is a bit big, but I'm wicked psyched about this figure.

Reaction score

LunchBox said:
Much better, but I still give the figure a B for a grade. The removable jaw is simply too bulky. It's a play feature that doesn't add too much play value, but distracts a lot from the aesthetic.
I agree if this was meant for collectors it should have stayed that way and gave it a proper sculp without that crappy jaw.

Reaction score

I think Malak,Nihlis and Revan look awsome. I think Bane is the one with problems. Anyway it would be awsome if Hasbro brought out, (like a legends line) a line for Kotor or EU etc. Make specific lines of Siths and Jedis etc. I also really want a stand alone figure on a card that finally reads DARTH SIDIOUS! He is a sith master and no one ever calls him by his name on the figures!

I feel better now!

GNT

Reaction score
I think what he means darthconlan is that your saying "Darth Sidious" hasnt been on a single card. Toon posted a link to a picture of Darth Sidious carded with the name present.

Reaction score
Wow! This one looks alot better than the bug - eyed one!

Still wish he had ball - jointed elbows though : (

Reaction score
Normally, I want any Jedi/Sith to have ball-jointed elbows because I find it hard to make them hold the saber in both hands with swivel 'bows, but I'm not bothered with Malak since he only uses one hand for lightsaber combat

Reaction score
I swear to god... if Revan's alleged removable hand is held on by a magnet, I am gonna kill somebody.

Reaction score
Why would Revan have a removable hand?

Anyways, Malak looks a hell of a lot better than the older one. Now, if only they could make him taller...

Reaction score
I would hope that Hasbro's learned its lesson on magnets. Any character needing a 'removable hand' feature should simply have swivel wrists like any other figure. It shouldn't be designed as a special feature, it should just exist, like on VTAC Bespin Luke. ROTJ Vader needs a special 'design' for his, whenever they upgrade Evo Vader a bit more for a true 'ultimate ROTJ Vader', simply because his entire glove shouldn't be removable, just the hand, like the old POTF2 Removable Helmet Vader.

Reaction score
I think we came to the conclusion that the hand simply broke off before they put it on display at CIV. I thought it looked liked it was on a magnet or something

Reaction score
DarthRevan211 said:
Because in the pictures of him shown in a glass case, his right hand isn't attached to his arm, it's laying at his feet with the lightsaber in its hand.

Reaction score
I hope the normal eyed Malak will be just as plentifull as the bug eyed one.

Reaction score
He'll hopefully be MORE plentiful... not sure if any of the bug-eyed versions will make it out to retail. An engineering sample is one thing, retail's another.

Reaction score
Jarvas said:
DarthRevan211 said:
Because in the pictures of him shown in a glass case, his right hand isn't attached to his arm, it's laying at his feet with the lightsaber in its hand.
But why would he have a removable hand in the first place?

Reaction score
Jangodo said:
Jarvas said:
DarthRevan211 said:
But why would he have a removable hand in the first place?
I could see hasbro doing that for some stupid reason like they always do.

Reaction score
Again, if he's got a removable hand it's simply like nearly every other figure of the last few years. Swivel wrists=removable hands.

Hasbro may give removable helmets where there weren't any (and hurray for that! Provided the helmet sculpts are nice and at the proper scale, along with the heads beneath not being uber-tiny to fit the tiny-helmets Hasbro leans towards) but I doubt they'd do more like that, like giving Momaw Nadon a removable leg or something.

Reaction score
Phots are up on GalacticHunter-for some reason, the left part of his jaw is still there. Innacurate, but grotesque looking in a cool way nonetheless. Unfortunately, his lip seems to poke over the top of his jawpiece a bit.

Apart from the large jawpiece and the slightly oversized metal collar (or whatever it is-I assume it has something to do with his jawpiece?), I quite like the look of this figure.

Reaction score
Saw the pic. Surprised that Hasbro decided to release Malak with a accurate and quite detailed sliced mouth. It makes their "no Vader/Qui-Gon on funeral pyre" argument moot now.

Reaction score
I actually really like the look of Malak now!

Besides his right half jaw thing, he looks great!

It's Revan I'm concerned about now with his weird head...

Reaction score
DarthRevan211 said:
I actually really like the look of Malak now!

Besides his right half jaw thing, he looks great!

It's Revan I'm concerned about now with his weird head...
The head is a million times better. He actually looks pissed off which is good. I still hate the face plate. I may try to remove some of the thickness of it and see if I can't get it to look better.

Reaction score
TK_842 said:
Saw the pic. Surprised that Hasbro decided to release Malak with a accurate and quite detailed sliced mouth. It makes their "no Vader/Qui-Gon on funeral pyre" argument moot now.
I don't get what Malak's injury has to do with those 2. The figure is of Malak still alive, only with his appropriate injury. The other two are of corpses. Though, I don't see them beyond putting out a Vader funeral pyre accessory sometime.

Wow, Malak looks a lot better with the jaw cover off. I was going to get one only to support KOTOR and keep it carded, but I think I'll open it and display it without the piece now.

Reaction score
Wow. He's got the removable Jaw Piece. How did they get away with that.

He'd be perfect if his elbows were ball jointed. Swivel joints suck and one day everyone's gonna realize that.

Reaction score
I don't want to buy this guy, I'm not into the EU much so if anyone could spare their coin, please PM me. I'm trying to collect all the coins.

Reaction score
BoomBot said:
TK_842 said:
I don't get what Malak's injury has to do with those 2. The figure is of Malak still alive, only with his appropriate injury. The other two are of corpses. Though, I don't see them beyond putting out a Vader funeral pyre accessory sometime.

Wow, Malak looks a lot better with the jaw cover off. I was going to get one only to support KOTOR and keep it carded, but I think I'll open it and display it without the piece now.
Well, as i see it, his detailed injury could be seen as a feature likely to disturb kids which, if i remember correctly, was one of the reasons Hasbro gave to explain why they'd probably never release "funeral" figures. IMO, an open wound is no less disturbing than a dead body.

Reaction score
In that case, it's not a great justification on Hasbro's part. I just think figures of deceased characters are unnecessary.

Reaction score
Can someone tell me where Malak has his jaw off in KOTOR?

You know, I love this character and Revan (plus all the other KOTOR Sith Lords) and yet I have never played KOTOR? Weird, wouldn't you say.

Reaction score
jedi_solo said:

You know, I love this character and Revan (plus all the other KOTOR Sith Lords) and yet I have never played KOTOR? Weird, wouldn't you say.
Towards the end of the game, if I remember correctly. Then again, I haven't played the game in well over a year now, although I've been dying to play it again

Reaction score
TK_842 said:
BoomBot said:
TK_842 said:

Well, as i see it, his detailed injury could be seen as a feature likely to disturb kids which, if i remember correctly, was one of the reasons Hasbro gave to explain why they'd probably never release "funeral" figures. IMO, an open wound is no less disturbing than a dead body.
Really? I'm pretty sure to most people dead people are way more disturbing than wounds, even ones like Malaks'.

Reaction score
MandoadMerc said:
TK_842 said:
BoomBot said:
TK_842 said:

Really? I'm pretty sure to most people dead people are way more disturbing than wounds, even ones like Malaks'.
I'd have to agree - injuries (to living people) are definitely in a different category of "grotesque" (or anything similar) than death and burning bodies are.

A missing jaw or arm/hand (Vader for example) definitely isn't nearly as disturbing as a burning or burnt body.

Besides, if you're walking through the toy aisle and you look over and see Malak, you're not really going to see his injured jaw....unless you buy the figure and take him apart.

However, walking down the toy aisle and seeing an action figure depicting a dead, burnt human body is something else altogether. That's something I'd prefer never to see.

Reaction score
Two hilts- one with a blade, one without a blade.

That's become pretty standard these days, I'm not sure why this was confusing.

Reaction score
BlackRook said:
Not standard enough! Though Malak, Revan (despite the Malak hilt), CW Yoda, and McHan are all promising signs. Though it'd be nice if Malak's hilt had a peg for his belt.

I'd include Jedi Luke... but his ancient saber sculpts take too much away from the fact he's got one lit & one unlit. And all the other Lukes of late have the wrong hilts anyway! The last Luke to have a proper hilt was TSC Farmboy Luke... and he didn't have a lit saber!

Reaction score
BlackRook said:
Two hilts- one with a blade, one without a blade.

I know that it has become "standard" But usually the blade is two individual parts...Thats why I was confused.

My friend was also telling me that Malak fought with a shoto,that was part of the reason as well...

Reaction score
jedi_solo said:
On the Unknown World (now known as Lehon), when you first enter the Temple of the Ancients after the Rakatans have brought down the force field, a cutscene shows Malak on the Star Forge. The new Sith admiral, Varko, reports to Malak, and only sees him from behind. A medical droid is operating on his face, and when it flies off, Malak turns around and reveals his missing jaw.