Darth Malak - #35

Reaction score
Toonimator said:
Not standard enough! Though Malak, Revan (despite the Malak hilt), CW Yoda, and McHan are all promising signs. Though it'd be nice if Malak's hilt had a peg for his belt.
I think for these figures, with the exception of Yoda (if you're talking about TAC Yoda with the kybuck), hilts were included because they lacked enough accessories, so they went the extra mile.

Reaction score
i'll get 1 of this guy. Im nott a KOTOR fan (in fact i couldnt even play the game) so ill just use him as a CIS commander to command my droid army

Reaction score
BoomBot said:
Toonimator said:
Not standard enough! Though Malak, Revan (despite the Malak hilt), CW Yoda, and McHan are all promising signs. Though it'd be nice if Malak's hilt had a peg for his belt.
I think for these figures, with the exception of Yoda (if you're talking about TAC Yoda with the kybuck), hilts were included because they lacked enough accessories, so they went the extra mile.
More like extra yard
'extra mile' would've been a pegged hilt for Malak's belt, an accurate-to-the-saber-he-has hilt for Revan (not just Malak's hilt again) for HIS belt, and... er... well, actually Han's got plenty of accessories, same as Starkiller & McLuke pretty much. Blaster, saber, cape/harness, while Starkiller & Luke have the 'baby-bottle-hilt' with removable blade, and McVader doesn't have any hilt at all! Just a one-piece saber (I AM glad it's not just the McStormie/Foul/Yarael/Roron saber though).

Pegged hilts, nonremovable blades, that's the future of sabers for action figures unless the hilt's meant for another means of attachment (like McHan, McLuke, W5 Yoda, and TFU's General Koto), where they can leave the peg off. But you'd think all clonetroopers would come with the carbine AND the rifle like ol' Quick Draw, but Hasbro still refuses to do that, too.

Reaction score
In the game the characters always carries his/her lightsabers, it is only more authentic this way.

Reaction score
Nactous said:
In the game the characters always carries his/her lightsabers, it is only more authentic this way.
How about when you equip them with blasters? Or vibroblades? Or when Malak is talking to people? Its hardly more authentic that way, in fact it makes no sense not to give them a hilt with a peg.

Reaction score
Nactous said:
If you're gonna always be literal about EVERYTHING, then Hem Dazon shouldn't have a body, all helmets should be non-removable (ie helmet-heads), and many Jedi shouldn't even have lightsabers, not lit ones anyway.

Jedi & Sith tend to carry their sabers on their belts. It's traditional among those groups, it hearkens back to swashbuckling films & historical & fantasy swordsmen carrying their blade at their side... and it's a cool, iconic bit of Star Wars. Kenner even sculpted Bespin Luke's hilt on his belt, back in the day!

Oh, and Malak's body sculpt should be completely smooth, with painted detail only... it's more authentic to the game's model that way.

Reaction score
Glad to see that his eyes are going to look normal over on GH....

Reaction score
Toyoda said:
Glad to see that his eyes are going to look normal over on GH....
The attention-grabbing element in the pictures to me was the detail put into the missing jawbone area. Perhaps the most extensive battle damage on a fig since ROTS "crispy Anakin".

Reaction score
Can someone point me in the general direction of a image of the figure with the jaw piece removed?

Reaction score
What ever happend to darth malak? How did he get his jaw so screwed up? Who did it? When did it happen? Did he ever die?

Reaction score
Battlefield said:
What ever happend to darth malak? How did he get his jaw so screwed up? Who did it?
Revan did it. He cut his jaw of in a final battle with Darth Malak.

Reaction score
If he cut his jaw off then killed hi why dose he have the metal jaw before that happend?

Reaction score

cut his jaw off in battle with him as a Sith Lord.

killed him in a battle with him as a redeemed Jedi.

A LOT of time passed between the two battles.

Reaction score
Battlefield said:
Dose anyone have a pic of malaks face before his jaw was cut off?
Does no one know how to use search engines anymore?

Reaction score
So my question is this ... Folks are upset about Revan's mask being inaccurate, which to be fair it is. But Malak is also just as inaccurate, judging by the pictures up at Galactic Hunter. The only injury I recall Malak receiving in the game was the one to his jaw. However, the figure looks like it was burned severely. There's no ears, the figure's head looks like it was dipped in stomach acids and his head tattoos aren't nearly as discernable as they are in the game. I'm curious as to why Hasbro decided to go that route.

Reaction score
They're lazy on research? (as evidenced by using 'fan-made mod' reference for Revan's mask, black-trim Vader hilts for Luke hilts, then silver Vader sabers aka AOTC Anakin hilts as 'corrections', and giving ESB and ROTJ Hans the same heads & blasters as their ANH Hans, and making Hobbie and Wedge over 6 feet tall like Biggs and Dutch when they're both Luke's height, and giving Baron Fel the cover-specific outfit rather than referencing what's inside any of the comics at all, yet still skimping on proper weaponry, and not giving the Kybuck his lenses, and giving Luke a blue saber in the HTTE comic pack against all common sense, and on and on)

That could be it.

Oh, a couple more images of Malak before the injury:

...sure, they're not official YET, but anyone following the comic can see the pile of clues.

Reaction score
Toonimator said:
They're lazy on research? (as evidenced by using 'fan-made mod' reference for Revan's mask, black-trim Vader hilts for Luke hilts, then silver Vader sabers aka AOTC Anakin hilts as 'corrections', and giving ESB and ROTJ Hans the same heads & blasters as their ANH Hans, and making Hobbie and Wedge over 6 feet tall like Biggs and Dutch when they're both Luke's height, and giving Baron Fel the cover-specific outfit rather than referencing what's inside any of the comics at all, yet still skimping on proper weaponry, and not giving the Kybuck his lenses, and giving Luke a blue saber in the HTTE comic pack against all common sense, and on and on)

That could be it.
Yeah, yeah
. I yield!

Reaction score
I have something to say about buying this figure because it's EU but it's crappy but you want to support EU. If you dont want it, don't get it. Scalpers and people like me (who are younger and don't pay at much attention to a slightly oversized jaw) can get it. With just those people buying it, Hasbro will make plenty more like Bastila and Sith Soldier and Darth Sion.

Reaction score
Toonimator said:

That could be it.

...sure, they're not official YET, but anyone following the comic can see the pile of clues.
Which comic is this in?

Reaction score
They're both from the Knight of the Old Republic comic series-the first is from #0 (I can't remember how it was originally released, but it's availabe as part of the Commencement TPB), and the second one is from #15.

Reaction score
Eleyre said:
But Malak is also just as inaccurate, judging by the pictures up at Galactic Hunter. The only injury I recall Malak receiving in the game was the one to his jaw. However, the figure looks like it was burned severely. There's no ears, the figure's head looks like it was dipped in stomach acids and his head tattoos aren't nearly as discernable as they are in the game. I'm curious as to why Hasbro decided to go that route.
The GH pictures are in very bad lighting.

"In person' the tattoos are very discernable and he doesn't look "burned".

Reaction score
Toonimator said:

That could be it.

Jeez, didn't know Revan (is that Revan in the cloak?) had breast cancer. Did the artists ever consider how awkward that panel would become?

Reaction score
Why should they? They probably didn't think it'd ever get tossed onto Wookieepedia as reference for Alek or his master. In context it's perfectly fine... Yoda does much the same when he feels Order 66 occur across the galaxy.

Reaction score
Is it just me, or does the bug-eyed version not have his upper lip oking out from behind the jawpiece?

Reaction score
It looks that way, but it could just be the way the head's shifted, or the jaw piece. A bit of messing with it should sort it out, I imagine.