Darth Malak - #35

Reaction score
Re: Darth Malak

...Shouldn't have been made already.
Darth Nihilus won 4th place in the polls!
Malak was # 12

Reaction score

I think this one was made in the spirit of creating a theme for Revan's wave. Malak's place in the fan poll was probably not a huge factor.

Either way, I'm glad we're getting this one and let's just hope they do it right articulation-wise and with the jawpiece.

Reaction score

Nihilus was one of the worst characters in the KOTOR series. Oh wow, he doesn't talk! How... boring?

Reaction score

I think Nihilus would've been cooler if KOTOR 2 had been finished when it came out. All the stuff I've seen with him in the Sith Lords Restoration Project mod made him look much stronger than Sion.

Back on topic, I'm glad Malak is being made, especially since we're getting Revan. I'm wondering whether to have them posed fighting alongside each other, or against each other
!

Reaction score

Warsaw_Wonder said:
Malak was # 12
He may have already been in development before the fan's choice poll.

Reaction score

I really really really hope that Darth Malak is coming! Revan was a dream come true, but the potential of more KOTOR figures is almost even more exciting than just more EU figures! Bring 'em on!

For anyone who is not familiar with Malak, check this out:

Darth Malak

Reaction score

Malak would be sweet to set up dueling with Revan.

GNT

Reaction score

Add him onto the pile of chracters that needs to be made.

Reaction score

Nactous said:
Better have removable jaw piece.
For certain.

Hope Darth Nihilus follows shortly in coming years.

I don't care if he didn't talk, he destroyed an entire planet, and is a BA looking, mysterious spirit of unknown identity and species.

For now it's no problem that he isn't rumored, most honestly weren't expecting Malak, thinking he was a typo for Revan in DanielSammons' report.

And I have dozens of movie characters I've been waiting for longer.

Reaction score

As far as the game went, Nihilus was a total pushover. Went down real easy.

As far as the limited spots for KOTOR characters, I think we've had enough Sith for a while. First and foremost, I'd rather see HK-47 made. In fact, if they could incorporate the type of articulation into that one that they did for CZ-3, it would be glorious.

Reaction score

True. If we were to get only a select few KOTOR figures, I'd like some good guys. Sith need people to fight besides themselves

Reaction score

Revan and Malak are probably my a couple of my most anticipated figures for this line, which is shaping up to be the best ever.

Reaction score

Malak was my choice in the polls. I'm thrilled! Gonna have to get two - one to put away & one to open!

BTW, I thought Malak had a full-length white cape?

Reaction score

You must be thinking of someone else. I don't think Malak's ever worn a full-size cape, let alone a white one.

Reaction score

I can't remember if he wore a cape during the flashback cutscene. If anything, he doesn't wear one during the game as a Darth, so I'd prefer the figure not have a cape.

Reaction score

I voted for Bastila Shan last year, so hopefully we'll see her at some point too.

Reaction score

Darth_Spiros said:
I can't remember if he wore a cape during the flashback cutscene. If anything, he doesn't wear one during the game as a Darth, so I'd prefer the figure not have a cape.
He does wear a cape as a Darth, as in the photos above. It's just a short one that only hangs from one shoulder, almost like Boba Fett's. Malak's just crosses his back more.

I agree we need some of the good guys. Bastila & Carth are the most likely, of course, but I wouldn't mind Jolee or Mission, too. HK-47 and T3 are absolute MUSTS. Juhani, Canderous... eh. Not absolutely necessary. But I'd buy 'em. I'd rather wait for Mandalore Canderous from KOTOR2.

Then we just need a Sith Trooper (with a later red repaint)! Then on to KOTOR2, which has a few good choices as well!

Reaction score

I'm for as many Sith as they want to make. As long as we get some more Jedi to go with them.

Reaction score

And Mandalorian Neo-Crusaders. Can't forget them, as they're all throughout both games
If Hasbro's first version sells well, they could do running changes in all sorts of colors!

Reaction score

This has been the best news I've heard in a long time. With Revan on the horizon, and now Malak, this is going to be a great year. It's about time Hasbro began making figures from the best Star Wars game, nay the best video game ever period.

Reaction score

LukeSparkewalker said:
Jangodo said:
I voted for Bastila Shan last year, so hopefully we'll see her at some point too.
You're damn right we better see her soon! lol

I'm sorely convinced dispite how these sell, due to the EU well hasbro has just NOW started tapping into, I'm sure we'll see a vast majority of KOTOR characters. Bastallia is a lock in, and Darth Malak would be a great compliment to Darth Revan, both awesome characters and both with unique designs.

Hopefully Malak pans out, and the rest should follow in the next couple of years.

Reaction score

Warsaw_Wonder said:
Malak was # 12
Go Nihilus!!

Malak is really unthreatning. i just think nihilus is more sith-looking

Reaction score

i voted for Bastila too. hopefully they'll make her and with a dark side variant as well.

Reaction score

Nihilus_guy said:
Warsaw_Wonder said:
Malak was # 12
Go Nihilus!!

Malak is really unthreatning. i just think nihilus is more sith-looking
No way, Nihilus was a glorfied clown. Sion was way cooler, as was Malak though no where near Revan's awesomeness.

I really hope for more KOTOR figs, and I will buy each and everyone. I hope Bastilla is next, so we can recreate the Revan vs Bastilla duel, though she ought to come with her double bladed lightsaber rather than her single one in the vision.

In my ideal world, Hasbro would have an entire collection of EU, with a few waves for KOTOR, Legacy, Thrawn Trilogy, NJO and Legacy of the Force. Of course this would be impossible, but I can continue to dream!

Reaction score

Toonimator said:
Darth_Spiros said:
He does wear a cape as a Darth, as in the photos above. It's just a short one that only hangs from one shoulder, almost like Boba Fett's. Malak's just crosses his back more.

I agree we need some of the good guys. Bastila & Carth are the most likely, of course, but I wouldn't mind Jolee or Mission, too. HK-47 and T3 are absolute MUSTS. Juhani, Canderous... eh. Not absolutely necessary. But I'd buy 'em. I'd rather wait for Mandalore Canderous from KOTOR2.

Then we just need a Sith Trooper (with a later red repaint)! Then on to KOTOR2, which has a few good choices as well!
Whoops. Totally blew past that picture near the top of the thread. Thanks for reminding me.

Anybody else think they could do one KOTOR figure a wave in 2008 like they're doing for the McQuarrie concept figures in TAC? I don't know how feasible it would be, but seems like it might work.

Reaction score

I have to agree. I wish it was Sion instead of Malak that was getting made, since Sion seemed more bad*** and cool than both Malak and Nihilus.

Reaction score

alright, now i can admit, i understand why hasbro is reluctant to release too many KOTOR figs. I could definitely see them sitting on the shelves in some markets. however, does anyone know how well the RC set is selling? i'm under the impression that it's doing well. so i'm hoping perhaps hasbro will take a cue from that and release a similar set for KOTOR and KOTOR2. hey, it'd be nice, don't you think? and perhaps less worry for hasbro to stress about it not selling.

Reaction score

I think Sion is definitely cooler looking than Malak, but I prefer to get Malak since we're getting Revan.

Reaction score

I'm super excited about Malak (if it turns out to be true) I loved playing KOTOR, it was more or less a bonding experience with me and my girlfriend, who also played it for me (she convinced me to go back to the light side of the force!). Malak was a great fight too, so I hope he does indeed show up.

Reaction score

Unknown said:
I think Sion is definitely cooler looking than Malak, but I prefer to get Malak since we're getting Revan.
Like a crew of the Ebon Hawk.

Reaction score

DSIILuke said:
I loved playing KOTOR, it was more or less a bonding experience with me and my girlfriend, who also played it for me (she convinced me to go back to the light side of the force!).
Hahaha! Cool

Reaction score

This is good news! I'd like to see many KOTOR figures. I think Malak makes sense as a compliment to Revan. I'd say Bastila is the next logical choice. After that maybe they could move on to some characters from the second game. I hope they sell well.

Reaction score

I could see Hasbro doing only a few KOTOR figures if Revan (and supposedly Malak) sell well. I would predict seeing Darth Nihilus, HK-47, and Bastila. While there could be a whole line of awesome characters, that's pretty unrealistic. I'll take whatever KOTOR I can get.

Reaction score

Jangodo said:
I'll take whatever KOTOR I can get.
Same here. Malak was my fan choice so I'm super excited about getting him but I'd enjoy any of the characters.

Reaction score

Am I one of the few who is jazzed about getting a Sith Lord wearing something OTHER than black???