Darkknight’s Customs

Reaction score
I'm soooooo glad I've never been tempted by the 6" line. It's more than the outrageous pricing. It just feels too big and I'm forever grumping at other toy lines that favor that size. I can't imagine messing up a $20 figure during a custom mishap.

3.75" is the holy height, not 2.5", nor 4.63"....

Reaction score
I'm soooooo glad I've never been tempted by the 6" line. It's more than the outrageous pricing. It just feels too big and I'm forever grumping at other toy lines that favor that size. I can't imagine messing up a $20 figure during a custom mishap.

3.75" is the holy height, not 2.5", nor 4.63"....

Yeah, I’m not sure what I’m getting myself into, but rather than be smart and just get the parts to attempt one figure and see how it goes, I basically went all in today and am prepping close to 20 customs. Hoo boy. I’ll start with the ones that I know we’ll be super easy to help boost my confidence! I’m also taking comfort in knowing that since spare parts are so limited there’s not a lot of stuff for me to make. But yeah, customizing 3.75” is a lot of fun and has sooooo many more parts to choose from!

Utinniii

Reaction score
I don't think there is really an end to customizing except on a personal level. There is so much unproduced artwork and characters, with new media on the way. There are also so many different scales. When I saw someone make a 1:1 Kenner Jawa, I realized I'm never getting out.

If it is fun and affordable then keep doing it. I think it is a fun hobby just to search for fodder.

Reaction score
Someone on fb told me about this site. They have a ton of printed stuff to make a pretty wide variety of figures. And they’ve got the boshek helmet too! And even heads and torsos of characters Hasbro will probably never get too.

It’s called outer rim traders.

Reaction score
Uh oh. Between seeing what my PayPal balance is and this message that’s on the website I ordered a bunch of printed parts from, I maaaaay have gone a little overboard. I broke their website!!! Lol. But seriously, I went overboard.

B20DEE6A-554C-4508-8612-18F8A334FD78.png

Reaction score
It took me a while, and I almost gave up a few times, but I made vul tazaene more accurate. I’ve been eager to get working on the 6” customs so I felt I had to get this one out of the way before moving on.

Here’s the first version:

0ED1E9C3-4B24-4B5A-BEA7-C1DE1A31431F.png
25325662-B45A-4B63-85AF-735626EB6FB3.png

Here’s the in progress so you can see how much extra sleeve was added, plus soft goods fur!

663E4938-F84A-4D6D-889B-33ADE137CF3D.jpeg

BCA33C21-E2E0-405C-9DB0-BAD45436AF7B.jpeg

And then the final version:

B97DF23A-D4CC-427C-B5FE-2CA7C455FF78.jpeg

110A13CD-BB57-46F9-B200-E55897A94DAD.jpeg

97BB06AB-2CC9-43ED-9EF2-E7EC86BB3A07.jpeg

Since I had to mix up some paint for his hands I decided to give him a neck as well.

And I now fully accept that I can never say I’m “done” customizing, because as I’ve discovered, several times, there’s always more to do!

Reaction score
That's pretty cool - Did you "peel" the forearms to get the extra sleeve material?

Thanks! I bought an extra skiff master since his lower tunic would have the same pattern and cut that off but then I discovered if I cut that piece in half it wouldn’t be long enough to wrap around both arms and I didn’t want to buy another one. So then I thought well I could maybe split the piece I cut off the tunic horizontally so then I could do both arms but maybe it wouldn’t add enough length. But then I thought well when I add the fur (bought at Joanne’s) that would extend the sleeve down far enough as I still had to add the bracers.

But trying to wrap the piece around the arms wasn’t going well. So I tested out my new dremel (that thing works great, can’t believe I’ve just used an exacto knife for all my customs so far!) on the cut up skiff master. I was afraid of ruining the custom I was trying to update and then having to start from scratch. Then I tried cutting off the arms of the skiff master and hollowed out the poofy part by his shoulders and thought I could wrap that around. It wasn’t a great fit though. So then I tried scraping off parts of his upper arm so that the piece from the tunic I was trying to wrap around wouldn’t get pushed out. That seemed to help.

However, when I went back to try to get the sleeve extension attached, using the piece cut from the tunic, it fit and I didn’t have to do any alterations to the upper arm at all which was a surprise. I did have to do some trimming on the sleeve extension so it would fit more seamlessly.

I know that’s a long winded answer. It ended up being less complex than I was making it out to be, but I got some good practice with the dremel.

Here’s a picture of the lower tunic cut horizontally with the fur attached. That probably explains it better than what I said above and would have saved everyone some time, lol.

ADA5C6B0-7C4D-49D8-8C67-B65259597EDD.jpeg

Utinniii

Reaction score
That looks a lot better! I often use a pin-***** of glue to make rivets 3D. Then I paint them. Actually, I use white glue a lot to raise up patterns.
Sine you have 2 now, give the older one the make up.

Reaction score
That looks a lot better! I often use a pin-***** of glue to make rivets 3D. Then I paint them. Actually, I use white glue a lot to raise up patterns.
Sine you have 2 now, give the older one the make up.

Thanks! It was your push that led me to improve on him.

That’s a good idea on the raised rivets.

I don’t have two though, I just added to the first one I made.

Reaction score
The fur and wrist gauntlets are brilliant, really really well done details that can take a very good custom and raise it to a whole other level. That's a great custom.