Dark Trooper - VC#***

GNT

Reaction score
Hasbro have announced that we‘ll be seeing the Dark Trooper finally in the Vintage Collection. The Dark Trooper is in the pipeline for a future wave.

No picture of the figure just yet.

Will you be purchasing this figure?

Reaction score
^ since YF today ID'd this as "Lawrence", price is/was in target computer (not available to order yet) $26.49. But I'm down for 1, in fact, have a target GC ready for it

Reaction score
I was starting to think we'd never get a TVC Dark Trooper. What a great surprise this was, put me down for atleast three.

Reaction score
Was it announced as a single carded figure? I fear they'll pack one with just a gun in a deluxe box.

Reaction score
If they’re $26-ish…I’d say I would commit to 6. If there $20, I’ll definitely get 8.

Reaction score
If no else noticed, yakface updated tbier rumor list and identified the rumored figure below as the dak trooper. Update also moved it out of exclusive category so it may or may not be a target excl.
Screenshot_20220406-231314_Samsung Internet.jpg

Reaction score
Eh, the Dark Trooper stuff on "The Mandalorian" was wildly overrated. It was there just so Luke could have a fairly cheesey bit of shameless, protracted fan service, carving up a legion of bad guy droids since killing actual people (even stormtroopers) so indiscriminately would be too much for a hero to do.

If the figure is regular price, I might buy one. If it's another so-called "deluxe" offering, forget about it.

Reaction score
Eh, the Dark Trooper stuff on "The Mandalorian" was wildly overrated. It was there just so Luke could have a fairly cheesey bit of shameless, protracted fan service, carving up a legion of bad guy droids since killing actual people (even stormtroopers) so indiscriminately would be too much for a hero to do.
You say that like it's a bad thing.

I mean, yeah, that's the only reason they were in the show. But it paid off big time and was a highlight of the show and even all of SW in 2020 for the majority of viewers.

Reaction score
If it is $26.49, that’s a tough sell for me. $21 is understandable, but honestly, I see no reason for this to be more than $15-$16.

Remember when General Grievous came to the line with four fully-articulated arms, two ignited lightsabers, two hilts, blaster, and a double-layered soft goods cape as a basic figure?

Reaction score
I think we are seeing the end of the higher cost figure, that is balanced out with the other figures in the case.

Hopefully that had the foresite to give us a cardboard charging station as part of the package to ease the pain & give us some value. Not liking deluxe Boba who is essentially main character + nothing = higher price.

Reaction score
I need at least 8-10 but will settle for 4 if they're too pricey.

Reaction score
The way this was discussed during the pipeline reveals, I'm thinking that it's going to be a deluxe figure. If that's the case I hope it comes with the charging station from the Imperial Light Cruiser.

Reaction score
I'm good for 1 - maybe 2. They were cool but I don't really see the appeal of a bunch of Iron Man ripoffs that Luke tore apart.

Reaction score
I guess the red eyes will be painted? Or does deluxe figure mean light-up eyes, lol? could they get away with doing a head window like the old Jawa figure? ( Light shines through the top of the head, turns eyes red.) Normally i'm not a fan of the head window because it takes away from the aesthetic, but in this case the figure is entirely black, Hasbro might be able to hide it better. thoughts?

Reaction score
I'd be in for at least one. I don't know about that head window for lighting up the eyes, I mean, it's kinda cool...I guess ....but....I think some bright paint would work better. 8-D8 had that too and I always kinda didn't dig it.

Reaction score
The price is damn near criminal. If it was a basic release I’d buy a case. As is, I’ll get one. Maybe two. Another missed opportunity by Hasbro. I’m trying to give you guys money!

The “Fett Tax” is very, very real regardless of what’s been said in the livestreams.

Reaction score
Now how are we supposed to build a wall out of them if we're limited to 2 per customer?
In all seriousness for me 2 is actually enough. For starters I really wasn't all that enamored with these characters. Iron Man rip offs. I'm also not looking to build a dio of refrigerated storage room.

2 of them gives me just enough for a small display corner.

Reaction score
In all seriousness for me 2 is actually enough. For starters I really wasn't all that enamored with these characters. Iron Man rip offs. I'm also not looking to build a dio of refrigerated storage room.

2 of them gives me just enough for a small display corner.
Personally I'm going to aim for 4. It's all about the play possibilities.

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
Dark Trooper Deluxe Set. Code-named Lawrence.

On shelf Spring 2023. MSRP is $27.99. Available for pre-order Wednesday June 1st at 1pm ET at most major retailers.

Press Release

Featuring premium detail and design across multiple points of articulation, as well as original Kenner branding, the collectible STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION 3.75-INCH DARK TROOPER is inspired by the character in STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN and comes with a locker for Dark Trooper storage. Hulking Imperial combat droids with gleaming black armor and powerful jet boots, the Dark Troopers are a powerful design.
Highly poseable with realistic detail, this 3.75-inch-scale figure can be displayed in action figure and vehicle collections. This action figure comes with 5 entertainment-inspired accessories, including an alternate pair of hands and blaster effects that connect to the bottom of each foot.

Press Images

VC-Dark-Trooper-TM-Deluxe-Boxed-1-Resized.jpg
VC-Dark-Trooper-TM-Deluxe-Boxed-2-Resized.jpg

VC-Dark-Trooper-TM-Deluxe-Boxed-3-Resized.jpg
VC-Dark-Trooper-TM-Deluxe-Boxed-4-Resized.jpg

VC-Dark-Trooper-TM-Deluxe-Loose-1-Resized.jpg
VC-Dark-Trooper-TM-Deluxe-Loose-2-Resized.jpg

VC-Dark-Trooper-TM-Deluxe-Loose-3-Resized.jpg
VC-Dark-Trooper-TM-Deluxe-Loose-4-Resized.jpg

VC-Dark-Trooper-TM-Deluxe-Loose-5-Resized.jpg
VC-Dark-Trooper-TM-Deluxe-Loose-6-Resized.jpg

VC-Dark-Trooper-TM-Deluxe-Loose-7-Resized.jpg
VC-Dark-Trooper-TM-Deluxe-Loose-8-Resized.jpg

VC-Dark-Trooper-TM-Deluxe-Loose-9-Resized.jpg
VC-Dark-Trooper-TM-Deluxe-Loose-10-Resized.jpg

VC-Dark-Trooper-TM-Deluxe-Loose-11-Resized.jpg
VC-Dark-Trooper-TM-Deluxe-Loose-12-Resized.jpg

VC-Dark-Trooper-TM-Deluxe-Loose-13-Resized.jpg
VC-Dark-Trooper-TM-Deluxe-Loose-14-Resized.jpg

HD Images

Spoiler:  
VC-Dark-Trooper-TM-Deluxe-Boxed-1.jpg

VC-Dark-Trooper-TM-Deluxe-Boxed-2.jpg

VC-Dark-Trooper-TM-Deluxe-Loose-2.jpg

VC-Dark-Trooper-TM-Deluxe-Loose-3.jpg

VC-Dark-Trooper-TM-Deluxe-Loose-6.jpg

VC-Dark-Trooper-TM-Deluxe-Loose-7.jpg

VC-Dark-Trooper-TM-Deluxe-Loose-11.jpg

VC-Dark-Trooper-TM-Deluxe-Loose-13.jpg

Reaction score
This is precisely the way I was hoping that Hasbro would present the Dark Trooper. Once I saw that scene of Moff Gideon on the light cruiser in that Dark Trooper storage bay, with each one in those charging lockers, I know that this was something Hasbro had to do.

Thinking back to when that episode aired, it was almost 18 months ago. I wonder if Lucasfilm kept the details about the Dark Trooper completely under wraps from Hasbro? They have been exceedingly protective about avoiding leaks.

As for the figure? Really well done. I wish I could army build these in great numbers. I'm planning on getting 4. It would be fantastic to get as many as 8, but I'm having a difficult time justifying buying 8 figures that will cost me over $200.