Dark Trooper (Deluxe) - #TM28

Reaction score
It looks cool, but I'm thinking just 1 would look out of place, but 2 at a deluxe price is just a flat No for me. Extra hands though, it'd be nice to keep that trend alive.

Reaction score
Last edited:
Reaction score
I's rather have the original dark trooper from the 30th anniversary coin wave. this one looks way to skinny and gives off a terminator feel to it.

Reaction score
I's rather have the original dark trooper from the 30th anniversary coin wave. this one looks way to skinny and gives off a terminator feel to it.
Sadly we'll probably never see a "classic" Dark Trooper unless they intentionally bring it back into canon since all that stuff is now "Legends." 😞

I like both the designs, so I'm gonna be shelling out for this one! Big OOF on poor Dirty Djarin there. 🤣

Reaction score
Looks pretty great, I'll definitely bite on one.

Obligatory *****ing: I get that they used the (I'm sure) super deluxe shiny paint; but as is the trend now, I'm not seeing the 'deluxe' to it. Maybe its bigger than the pictures let on.

Reaction score
Looks pretty great, I'll definitely bite on one.

Obligatory *****ing: I get that they used the (I'm sure) super deluxe shiny paint; but as is the trend now, I'm not seeing the 'deluxe' to it. Maybe its bigger than the pictures let on.

I'm sure thats a part of it. The other is that if they keep it to scale it should be a much larger figure than normal- like Vader, Wrecker, etc.

Reaction score
For the vintage version pack in a cheap cardboard charging station & they might get the deluxe price out of us.

Reaction score
Yeah, the actual Dark Troopers in the Mando show didn't blow me away.
If I had my old disposable income, I might buy one or two just for the hell of it, but otherwise, this is one more easy pass.
And if they are really big, I just don't have the shelf space anymore. :p
I'm psyched for people who are into it though.

Reaction score
The Spring 2023 release date and the $33.99 MSRP is a tough pill to swallow. It's a really long wait time, and the price may be prohibitive for multiple purchases.
I didn't even notice the release date. Maybe it'll be an investment to preorder tomorrow because who knows what the deluxe price will be when it's In Stock :/

Reaction score
I’ve loved Dark Troopers since I first played Dark Forces. I’m getting at least two!

Reaction score
So what makes this "Premium Deco and Detail"??? It has a little red and silver paint and the rest is black.... I have a Batman Beyond figure that has red paint, jet flame effects, multiple points of articulation and a flight stand and I didn't pay what they're wanting for this figure...

Reaction score
So what makes this "Premium Deco and Detail"??? It has a little red and silver paint and the rest is black.... I have a Batman Beyond figure that has red paint, jet flame effects, multiple points of articulation and a flight stand and I didn't pay what they're wanting for this figure...
I hope it's down to the size of the figure that's the reason for deluxe pricing and Hasbro don't under-scale it like they tend to do with droid figures.

Reaction score
So what makes this "Premium Deco and Detail"??? …

Absolutely nothing, but I’m assuming the excuses will be:

1. Figure size (it’s not really that much larger than a regular figure)

2. The additional accessories (that do not justify a literal $14ish up charge).

It boils down to this: Figures of this size/quality have been released in the past for the $20 price point (See: Darth Maul). They introduced the deluxe line as figures like Boba and Jar Jarthat actually included additional accessories. Since then, they’ve upped the price and axed any significant or additional accessories. It’s also a highly anticipated character debut so they can hike the price. They’re also more than likely holding off on a TVC release in an order to double dip in the future by creating a scenario in which collectors are led to believe it won’t be available in both scales.

Greedy and Scummy.

Reaction score
Oh sure, the Dark trooper gets closed hands, but Wrecker did not (despite his image on the box showing a signature pose with closed fists)
Hopefully this means moving forward we will see more swappable hands.

Reaction score
🤔🤔 just curious

Could there possibly be a light-up feature for the eyes ? When comparing the in-pose photos to the boxed ones, the eyes seem to be much brighter.

Reaction score
🤔🤔 just curious

Could there possibly be a light-up feature for the eyes ? When comparing the in-pose photos to the boxed ones, the eyes seem to be much brighter.

It's a "deluxe" paint app... ;)

I don't know. I am thinking of a push-down switch, as the neck of the boxed pictures looks "unnatural" long to me 🤔🤔

Just the optimist inside me 😉😉

Reaction score
I'm just not seeing Deluxe here, less accessories than Boba and it's not like these are that big and complex like Zeb was.
I also have no interest in pre-ordering stuff a whole year out, anything more than 6 months out shouldn't even be be shown IMO.

Love the disclaimer in the last image: "FIGURE DOES NOT FLY" 🤣
Sadly due to the world we live in these types warnings have to be made.