Dark Side Toys

Reaction score
Do any of my fellow UK collectors use Dark Side Toys at all?

I started buying Black Series products from them earlier this year and was quite impressed with their service so decided to preorder Throne Room Palpatine from them. The problem is, when 4th October came I didn’t receive my product, I gave it a couple of weeks and emailed them to politely ask when they were expecting to dispatch but never received a reply. I emailed them again today and still haven’t heard anything.

Has anybody else had an experience like this with them?

Reaction score
I have used them around 4 - 5 times, usually if Star Action Figures were not stocking an item. The 1st 2-3 times things went OK then the 4th order for one of the Solo 5POA waves took ages and I had to keep chasing it but got it in the end. My last order was for the TVC TIE Fighter as it was cheaper than the other etailers. It was a pre-order due August 2018,was charged upfront in full and I didn't get it until March 2019.

In the future I would probably only use as a last resort

Reaction score
Lots of folks are having issues, myself included. Still waiting on 3 pack skiff guards, Gammy gard and Jabba Palace set all preordered way back in March and April. In total I have ordered 20 items and received them all but 1 in good condition.

Been asking for updates on remaining three items and nothing, no pm, emails, Instagram, Facebook, one rings the shop it goes to answer phone.

The owner had been blocking people from communicating, removed himself from groups and has been selling stock at Cons that people are waiting on. The only reason my mate got half of his stuff is he went to a Con to pick it up where the owner have unopened boxes of stock.

Fellow customers are now looking at legal action and taking advice from UK citizens advice.

Sent from my MRD-LX1 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Thanks for your feedback guys! I didn’t realise the problem was so bad!!

I think I’m best trying to get a refund but judging from what’s being said here that may not be so easy.

Reaction score
If you paid via PayPal more 180 days ago that's the reclaim limit expired. You may get joy if you paid on card.

Sent from my MRD-LX1 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
As I’m new to these forums do any of you have any good recommendations for UK based online Star Wars stockists?

I live in a small town without any major toy shops, the closest decent place is Forbidden Planet in Stoke-on-Trent but they’re a bit hit and miss.

Reaction score
Hi. I'm just going to copy & paste what I already wrote in another thread a couple of days ago:

"Be very, very careful when dealing with Darksidetoys. I took a huge gamble and ordered the Barge from them and everything was perfect, very smooth deal, no complaints, but my cousin also ordered it and after months and months of excuses he had to file a formal complaint to get his money back. They told him that his barge came damaged and were trying to get a replacement from Hasbro, every time he asked for an update it took them more than a week to reply, then nothing until he filed the complaint. The problem with their story is that they didn't send him the booklet either when mine was sent months before the Barge was released so even if it's true that his Barge was damaged that shouldn't have affected his booklet... I would never buy from them again, that's for sure.

English is not my first language so if there's anything you don't understand please let me know about it (sorry!)."

Cheers,

Reaction score
As I’m new to these forums do any of you have any good recommendations for UK based online Star Wars stockists?

I live in a small town without any major toy shops, the closest decent place is Forbidden Planet in Stoke-on-Trent but they’re a bit hit and miss.
ID Toys (InDemand Toys)
Kapow toys
Star Action Figures

Have used each of those several times, and they've all been great. Great packaging, good dispatch times (when in stock/ not pre-order). ID toys are particularly friendly and helpful.

Reaction score
I heard they had pulled out. Probably due to their experience at London MCM where they were confronted by numerous angry customers.
Ooft really?

Must admit, during the 4 months I was waiting on a pre order, he'd shared photos of a con / instore set up, which had the item I'd pre ordered in.

After weeks of begrudgingly polite messaging, they offered me a non mint one which I accepted, it arrived in ok condition, yet one of the other figures had a much worse cardback.

Hope everyone gets their money back if they don't get their items. The lack of communication is frustrating with them.

Reaction score
So is DarkSideToys officially going under?

My first experience with them was a negative one, I ordered the 3.75” Enfys Nest w/ Speeder Bike ahead of Wookie Weekend back in May last year and the box & figure arrived minus the bike.. They would only offer an exchange or refund if I paid postage on its return so I just sold it on eBay to get my money back.

I hadn’t used them again since until literally a few weeks ago for a SDCC Boba Fett which was being sold at RRP unlike on some of the other e-tailers.
It was dispatched moments after ordering and arrived in perfect mint condition.
Because of that positive experience, I used them again on Force Friday for all of my TVC2 Figures/Vehicles, while I used ID Toys and StarActionFigures for the exclusives and TBS6” figures. Again they were dispatched right away, actually in the early hours of FF and they arrived in perfect mint condition a day or so later.
I was tempted to use them again for some pre-orders, however I am glad that I held off after reading the latest updates regarding them. I will stick to ID Toys and StarActionFigures who have always been brilliant and I have never had an issue with since 2015.

- ASH

Reaction score
There's a massive thread on the echo modern Facebook group on DST and people have posted information from companies house suggesting they have started the process to wind down the company.

Reaction score
Ooft really?

Must admit, during the 4 months I was waiting on a pre order, he'd shared photos of a con / instore set up, which had the item I'd pre ordered in.

After weeks of begrudgingly polite messaging, they offered me a non mint one which I accepted, it arrived in ok condition, yet one of the other figures had a much worse cardback.

Hope everyone gets their money back if they don't get their items. The lack of communication is frustrating with them.
That kind of situation is infuriating, that's what bothers me the most nowadays with buying everything online and not having someone real face to face to talk to anymore.

I was in the same situation as yours a few months ago with some parts I've ordered for my car. Months of my parts being "unavailble and arriving very soon", or no replies to emails at all, while everything was already paid in full... and while the guys of the car shop were going on car meets and fairs, posting pictures on their social media exposing some of the very same parts I was waiting for on their selling booth!

Last summer I was travelling for work and I took the oppurtunity to make a 100km detour to pay them a visit in person : I left with some of my parts the same day and got a full refund for what was unavailable.

Not saying that it's the case with this shop as I have never bought from them, but some vendors use the fact they are hidden behing computers to do that kind of things.

Reaction score
In the same boat - waiting on orders that will likely never arrive and I'll just have to suck up the loss. I was at the London Comic Con and the DST owner was getting alot of flack from people so not surprised he's backed out of Birmingham this weekend. What I find interesting is that at the Hasbro panel they actually promoted Dark Side Toys (and two other companies) as one of their key partners in the UK. Perhaps they should conduct due dilligence before they do this in future.

Reaction score
I feel really stupid for ordering from this website. I initially thought something was off when I ordered the Jabba's Palace adventure set back in mid-June. It said "in stock" but shortly after I ordered the status changed to "pre-order". I gave them the benefit of the doubt and waited until September before sending them a message asking when the item was expected in stock. I submitted a couple inquiries through their website "contact us" page, but never heard back.

In November I started e-mailing them directly, asking for a refund, as by then I was seeing all the negative feedback from other customers who never received their products. I've sent three e-mails and haven't received a response yet.

I called my credit card company to see about getting the charge reversed, but since the order was placed so long ago, they said there isn't anything they can do for me. If I had an e-mail from them with a ship date, then it would help them reverse the charge, but I never received a date. I'm pretty much out of the money, unless this guy decides to give me my money back or actually ship the item. It doesn't seem like that's going to happen any time soon, though.

I see people talking about filing a complaint. Who are you filing it with? I'm not sure what to do as I am in Canada and the store is in the UK.

Anyway, I've learned my lesson. I'll definitely be more careful before ordering from a new website, and be sure to follow up much faster if anything seems off.

Reaction score
I see people talking about filing a complaint. Who are you filing it with? I'm not sure what to do as I am in Canada and the store is in the UK.
Hi. I know my cousin has a friend living in the UK that helped him file all the necessary legal procedures previous to taking him to court, until then he didn't get his money back, but it seems like he has closed shop (even if the page is stll active and allows you to order new items) so I don't know if even that would work now. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Cheers,

Reaction score
When they didn’t send the Palpatine, Skiff Guard Lando and Jabba’s palace I ordered so long ago I contacted them to see what was holding the order up and got no answer to several emails. I checked their social media and saw no updates since October, and then saw all the other complaints. I paid in full for Palpatine and Lando and 10% for the palace set and now it looks like he just stole my money.