Dannik Jerriko

Reaction score
Glitch said:
Kris said:
The Tenticles will be removeble!
I hope so.

If not, this figure will have a date with the Xacto knife.

If you ask me they should have left them off his face, would have looked better. We didn't see them in ANH so why even put them on his face now.

Reaction score
Habs98 said:
If you ask me they should have left them off his face, would have looked better. We didn't see them in ANH so why even put them on his face now.
Agreed - stupid EU - nowhere in ANH do you see these things at all - so why put them on his face in the first place? I guess they wanted to add "play value" to the figure - otherwise he looks just like a deformed human. To me that would have been just fine - a deformed pipe-smoking human to add to my cantina diorama. Face-tubes OUT!

GNT

Reaction score
It was said in the news article that Hasbro posted they they would be removable

Reaction score
GNT said:
It was said in the news article that Hasbro posted they they would be removable
I'll bet $10 it leaves big holes in his face.

Reaction score
Well...I'm definately getting this...but don't appreciate the tentacles either... will probably make up some custom color sculpy to fill the holes.

Reaction score
Not only that, but this way he looks like he sneezed violently while chewing bubblegum.

Reaction score
I know I'll end up buying him. However, for an alien, he looks a little too human. Unless, of course, he's a shapeshifter. Something that wasn't mentioned in the book. Them tentacles are kinda cool. 'Snot vampire' sounds somewhat nasty though. I wish his face would unfold like that Jeepers Creepers guy, or maybe like those 'Hagfish' vampires from Blade 2. Oh well, I guess he's scary enough to freeze someone's mind prior to inserting those tentacles into the victim's nostrils. EEWWWW!!!

Reaction score
Dannik was at the top 3 of my Cantina list... Bom Vimdin and an Arcona are my other two, so I'm really happy to see Dannik coming out. The face tentacles are a bone thrown from Hasbro... I applaud the effort, but I also see the concern of big unsightly holes in his face.

The figure's sporting nice accessories beyond the tents... A pistol with holster and a hookah are nice items. His articulation count's not shabby either. Still not fond of the cut elbows but the knees look great, and he's shaping up to be poseable like a toy should be...

The card I see some complaints on, but packaging's just in my way is the way I see it, and these aren't my home decor for me to really be upset about how they're packaged.

In the end I'm extremely pleased. Poseable... Accurate sculpt... Nice accessories... He looks good, and I kinda want some more "human" beings from the Cantina to be made over time... Garrouf Lafoe and some SE Jabba thugs would make good figures to me, if they're of this kind of quality.

Reaction score
Anyone spot those hi-def pics on GH?

I am more confused than ever on those dang tentacles! Looks like each of them will attach differently to the face.
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH

Reaction score
Picture's up on Galactic Hunter. Personally, I'm not a big fan. I'll buy him, but I'm not thrilled. The pink snot-things are awful.

Reaction score
Did you guys also notice that he has thick eyebrows? If you look at the carded picture from the movie, he's clean shaven-no eye brows at all. Thanks, Hasbro, for giving him tentacles and eyebrows where he shouldn't have them. Making this possible "would be" great figure into a mess. You couldn't leave well enough alone.

http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2005/05dannikcardf.jpg

Reaction score
Eyebrows are easily corrected with a little flesh-tone paint or even some acetone if the head is molded in flesh-color (which I suspect it will be).

Reaction score
anyone know where to get little magnets (like the ones used for jedi sabers and hands) Something that could be done is place magnets in his face "pits" and tentacles and put an application of paint on them?

Reaction score
You guys need to relax....breath...yes breath in (might be kinda dank down in your basement but....) and out.

Dannik is really not bad if you leave his whiskers things on. The third hole is for the end of the pipe to plug into. When plugged in, he really does look like he's hittin' the bong pretty hard. I really like this figure and he looks good in my cantina.

Reaction score
Not as good as I was hoping for, the face colour looks really uh .. Dark!

The holes kinda suck but I am just leaving his tendrills (or whatever they are called) in, not that big a deal to me.

I have been wanting a figure of this dude for quite some time now so I can over look a few of the problems he has as chances are this will be the first and last time we will ever see this character done in plastic.

Reaction score
tk421_1_2 said:
You guys need to relax....breath...yes breath in (might be kinda dank down in your basement but....) and out.

Dannik is really not bad if you leave his whiskers things on.
Sorry, but it will look like [censored] no matter which way you try and spin it.

Reaction score
Was able to fix the bullet holes without too much fuss -- used a little wood filler, of all things. Up close you can see it and it looks a little mottled, but so does the character. And actually, the texture isn't too different from his alky-looking nose. So happy to have those tentacle things gone.... DJ

Reaction score
I was thinking about this guy today. It's probably the only human cantina alien we'll get. While I love the upcoming realeases from ANH, Hasbro really did a unique thing by making this figure instead of later figures like Hem Dazon and Brainiac which were definitly fan favorites. NOw the motto seems to be that the heroes were the only regular humans in the entire galaxy, because Hasbro doesn't seem to want to take the time to make a filler character unless it's an alien. Like many collectors, I know I'm not ever really going to see the Tonnika sisters or Ackmena, but other than their obvious cult status, they are some of the only humanoids in the entire cantina, without them, Dannik and Wuhur become my only humans other than the heroes at the bar.

Reaction score
Never thought of it that way, but youre right. Hope they can do Jenny or one of the other (relatively) normal-looking patrons at some point.

Reaction score
I actually almost addressed this while walking through WalMart today. I was really tempted to pick up one or two "desert" looking Indiana Jones figures just to put into the cantina, but I ended up deciding against it. Maybe it's because they were 6.97, whereas I know they're only 5.44 at another one.

Reaction score
question on Dannik....okay so i just picked up a Dannik MOC but the back of the card has a sticker for the lower half...so it looks like a normal back of a Dannik Card...but the lower half is in sticker form....does anyone know anything about this? if its rare or not? i've seen and herd of some figs in the past having this but this is the only one i have with a sticker on the back. can someone fill me in on whats up with the sticker? and is it worth more or not? i have a normal dannik with out a sticker and its MOC....which do i open!?!? thanks

Reaction score
No idea man, but if there's anyone out there with extra tentacles and Dannik's hookah pipe, let me know. I've been dying to have these for a while.

Reaction score

So is that the ankle blaster that came with Zutton and Madak, just without the silver paint? It's not in my Jerriko's holster and I can't find one that looks like that in my accessories box....