Dallas / Fort Worth Scummers

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I just moved from Austin to Dallas. Thought it might be an idea to start a thread so us scummers can get in touch, advise, show-off, nerd out, trade, give and get advice etc. I'll get the ball rolling- I'm Omar. Collect MR sabers (price now has stopped me getting the last few I wanted) but also into Sideshow / Hot Toys stuff. Perhaps a meet-up some time?

Cheers

Omar

Reaction score
Hello!!! It can't just be me! This thread has had 199 views and they weren't all me!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey, I collect most of Hasbro's offerins. From 3 3/4 to the TBS6. If we're talking trades or sales, I'm looking for the TRU Imperial Hovertank Pilot, if anyone has an extra, or a store that has them in stock, lemme know. Thanks!

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Im a new collector. Just have a couple kotobukiya figures that I got on sale at gamestop and a master replica darth vader lightsaber to start my collection off. I'm collecting a certain few gentle giant, sideshow, kotobukiya figures I like but I really want to get into lightsaber collecting since it's the thing in star wars that I was always drawn to.

Reaction score
Hello Guys! Collecting is collecting. All (three so far) are Star Wars fans and that they key. Let's try and get something going here- there must be a number of Star Wars nerds in this area...

DarthNalpiht- welcome to collecting. Some of the guys here on rebelscum have crazy collections (that I am very envious of!), but congrats on your first saber. Mine was a Vader as well- ESB. Since moving to Dallas and renting again I have space constraints, so sticking to hot toys and Sideshow 1/6 scales. It was heartbreaking moving from Austin and having to sell my Grievous PF and 501st trooper bust. No space. New job.

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm out in Grapevine. Sorry I haven't responded, I don't usually scroll this far down due to Dallas inactivity in forums. I'm collecting BS 6 and vintage era figures and a few ships/playsets. Luckily I display a number of things at work, and my wife remains happy. I would love a man cave at some point, but I have too many kids at home right now!

Reaction score
Hello Star_Wars_Dork! Welcome! Hopefully some more people will pipe up and we can get a good nerdfest going!

Reaction score
Colleyville Gamestop had new BS 6 inch figures today. Picked up Leia and a Snowtrooper. Colleyville Target has BS 6 new Force Awakens wave with C3P0.

Reaction score
Good work matey! Let's try and grow this group. This is a big town- there has to be more geeks! Let's meet up and talk nerd!

Reaction score
Hey guys, DFW collector checking in. I mainly collect the newer stuff like Black Series (figures and vehicles) and Lego's but I enjoy anything Star Wars. I don't think there are other active DFW collectors communities, so it would be nice to get this one going.

Reaction score
Hey Bacon,

I'm in the area and look through the forum a couple times a week. There is not much chatter in the DFW thread. I'm a Black Series 6 inch collector myself.

But as of updates around my part of town...the only thing I've seen new is the Lego battle packs from R1 and a new Maul set at the Colleyville Walmart that I was unaware of from Episode 1.

Reaction score
Hey Star_Wars_Dork,

I've been a lurker of the Rebel Scum forums for a couple of years now and finally decided to make an account. I do follow and engage others SW/Collectors communities but none are local.

I didn't know there was a new Maul. Is he a 3.75" 5POA Rebels figure? The figure that I am hunting right is BS 6" Revan. I heard reports of people spotting him at Gamestop/Thinkgeek, but it looks like he hasn't hit the bigger retailers. Luckily, I was able to pre-order the 40th Anniversary figures before they hit stores.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey Bacon,

Trying to keep this going...

That Darth Maul Lego set was the last lightsaber duel in episode I, I don't have room for legos but I'm really tempted.

Grapevine Walmart has 6 inch for $10 each (Colleyville Walmart still regular price). Alot of peg warmers, but there is a Krennic and Death Trooper up on the very top of the aisle. I bought some fill in's that I didn't really want at the beginning. But of course I always tell myself I don't want them and end up over paying on Ebay.

Ordered the 40th R2-D2 off game stop this week from a tip off the forum. I have a mixture of droids from either black series, bandai, are disney die cast. I like the Disney ones due to the metal, but they are a bit over-sized. And I love my Bandai C3PO, so shiny!

I'm ready for the new 6" black series wave (got the whole Revan wave a Gamestop by chance and haven't seen it anywhere else) and the 40th wave I'll try to replace my Leia with the new sculpt. I will bear down for the new Vader as well, even though I'm sure it will be over priced.

Reaction score
Any sightings lately? Looking for TBS6 #30 and up. Also, was anyone ever able to find that Walmart Exclusive Shoretrooper?

Reaction score
Hey Bacon,

Trying to keep this going...

That Darth Maul Lego set was the last lightsaber duel in episode I, I don't have room for legos but I'm really tempted.

Grapevine Walmart has 6 inch for $10 each (Colleyville Walmart still regular price). Alot of peg warmers, but there is a Krennic and Death Trooper up on the very top of the aisle. I bought some fill in's that I didn't really want at the beginning. But of course I always tell myself I don't want them and end up over paying on Ebay.

Ordered the 40th R2-D2 off game stop this week from a tip off the forum. I have a mixture of droids from either black series, bandai, are disney die cast. I like the Disney ones due to the metal, but they are a bit over-sized. And I love my Bandai C3PO, so shiny!

I'm ready for the new 6" black series wave (got the whole Revan wave a Gamestop by chance and haven't seen it anywhere else) and the 40th wave I'll try to replace my Leia with the new sculpt. I will bear down for the new Vader as well, even though I'm sure it will be over priced.
Dork,

All of the Walmart's I've been to have marked down the BS 6" and 5POA 3.75" figures so its a great time to pick older figures that you may need. I'm still hunting Revan at brick and mortars, because Amazon still has them at about $40 and I can never get one when they go in-stock at Hasbro.

Reaction score
Colleyville is almost an hour drive for me. Do you ever head into Garland, Royse City and feel like picking one up? lol

Hasbro Toy Shop has Sabine Wren In Stock, I just ordered one for me.

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/en/htsusa/-b9882as00?cm_cr=No+Campaign-_-Web+Activity-_-BrandPageLayout+-+Slot+8_0-_-Widget_IBMProductRecommendations_701_3074457345618283149-_--productNameLink?catName=&cm_vc=BRNDZ1
Hey GregS,

I live around your part of town and haven't seen anything new lately. I got Sabine from Amazon and am currently hunting for Revan at brick and mortars, but haven't gotten lucky yet.

Reaction score
I felt so lucky to happen upon the Revan wave that day at Gamestop. I haven't seen it anywhere since. I'm not really into the "Rebels" show, but I've picked them all up because the sculpts have been so good and I didn't want to regret missing them. I'm really hoping the new waves his soon!

I'm collecting the BS 6 inch and trying to snag vintage figures off ebay to replace the ones I gave away in my youth! I also have some vintage cases, Death Star playset, AT-AT, and a bunch of prequel stuff I forced on my son.

The Colleyville Walmart still hasn't gone on sale, but I have a red arm C3PO stashed behind some military tanks when the sale happens. Funny thing is I didn't want him, but at $9.98! That's how I got my Jabba...clearance. Actually, that is how it all started for me as the Disney store had a bunch of the first wave on clearance for $5 back in the day. I remember getting Vader, Boba, and two Stormtroopers and thought, "That's all I'm going to get."

Reaction score
I've been able to snag Sabine off HTS, the AT-AT Driver & Snowtrooper off Amazon. All I'm hunting for now is Darth Revan, Chirrut, Baze and the WalMart Scarif Stormtrooper exclusive. I saw that Target may be getting these in for the release of Rogue One today, but I won't be able to go hunting until after 3:30PM, so if anyone happens upon some extras, I'd greatly appreciate it, or even just a PM to let me know where they are.

Reaction score
My Targets didn't have anything but the displays for the release. Disappointed!

The Grapevine Target has about 5 of the AT...whatever driver exclusive.

Reaction score
I found of the "whatever's" (lol), at the Richardson SuperTarget during lunch. There seems to be a plethora of the them in the area.

Anyone going to Celebration?

Reaction score
I've been able to snag Sabine off HTS, the AT-AT Driver & Snowtrooper off Amazon. All I'm hunting for now is Darth Revan, Chirrut, Baze and the WalMart Scarif Stormtrooper exclusive. I saw that Target may be getting these in for the release of Rogue One today, but I won't be able to go hunting until after 3:30PM, so if anyone happens upon some extras, I'd greatly appreciate it, or even just a PM to let me know where they are.
A couple of vendors had him at Dallas Fan Expo this past weekend. The cheapest one was $90 :eek:

I'll let you know if I find anything.

Reaction score
I ordered an R2D2 previously...I'll probably keep the order and customize him. Have a clean and dirty version.

(now if I could only get an X-Wing pilot Luke for Dagobah)

Reaction score
DCPI for the assortment is 087-06-7985. I was able to get an R2 at one of my local Targets in OR, but got random different answers trying to get the rest: only one per customer (how I got R2), we don't have them (although Brickseek showed they did), cannot bring out one, since this is an assortment and we don't have a spot for them yet (same store that told me they didn't have them the next day), street date is 4/16. So, good luck!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Nice finds guys! Looks like I'll be hunting this weekend, just before I head out to Celebration.

Reaction score
Picked up 40th Anniversary Princess Leia & Artoo-Detoo! I missed the first R2 and never gave into to those scalper prices, so I'm beyond thrilled!

Reaction score
Anyone see the Tank Driver anymore? I was wanting to head swap with the AT-ACT driver like another scummer did. I'll most likely hit up ebay. Prices don't seem so bad.

Reaction score
I saw him at the Firewheel (Garland) Toys r Us about a week ago. They had about 3 if i remember correctly.

Reaction score
Toys R Us at Northpark had nine Hovertank Pilots on Saturday, and TRU at Firewheel still had three when I picked up my Star Wars comics at Keith's. He is plentiful now. I just wish we could get a Hovertank.

Reaction score
Oh it absolutely is, but it doesn't fit my shelf vehicle aesthetic. I'd even be happy with a TBS Titanium version at this point.

Also, I finally found the Walmart exclusive Scarif Stormtrooper!

And I bit and bought the EE Exclusive Imperial Forces 4-Pack since it's on an amazing sale price for four figures.

Reaction score
FYI, the Gamestop exclusive R5-D4 is starting to show up in stores. I went to my local GS and they didn't have it but I was able to pre-order in the store. I'll have something to look forward to after I come back from Celebration.

Last edited:
Reaction score
FYI, the Gamestop exclusive R5-D4 is starting to show up in stores. I went to my local GS and they didn't have it but I was able to pre-order in the store. I'll have something to look forward to after I come back from Celebration.
Hi Lord Bacon! Nice meeting you in the Hayden autograph line on Thursday.