Dak Ralter - VC07

Reaction score
We now have a new Dak Ralter announced - apparently to be released as a basic figure. So we'll title the thread accordingly at this point, but will obviously adjust if new information comes to light.

This leaves only a couple of good Snowspeeder pilot choices left!

Reaction score
Re: Dak Ralter - TVC##

I'd figure it about time for Dak. When was his last figure made? Pack-in right?

Reaction score

So out of the Pilots and Gunners from the Battle of Hoth, what do we need the most next if Dak is truly coming out?

Luke Skywalker (Rouge Leader) - LEGACY 09
Dak Ralter (Luke’s Gunner) - VINTAGE 10

Zev Senesca (Rouge 2) - SAGA 2 Pack-In/SAGA LEGENDS 08
Kit Valent (Zev’s Gunner) - Unproduced

Wedge Antilles (Rouge 3) - POTF2 Carry Case Pack-In
Wes Janson (Wedge’s Gunner) - EVOLUTIONS 08

Derek “Hobbie” Klivian (Rouge 4) - Unproduced
Kesin Ommis (Hobbie’s Gunner) - EVOLUTIONS 08

I would argue that we have 1/2 of the Snowspeeder Pilots up to snuff. In order of importance for the next ones released/updated I would say:

Anyone else we need?

Reaction score

I would expect it to be Wedge. In fact it'll be ironic, as the first release Wedge may ever get in the basic line will be as a Snowspeeder pilot, and not as an X-Wing pilot.

Kinda sad...

'78

Reaction score

TatooineSandworm said:
So out of the Pilots and Gunners from the Battle of Hoth, what do we need the most next if Dak is truly coming out?

I would argue that we have 1/2 of the Snowspeeder Pilots up to snuff. In order of importance for the next ones released/updated I would say:

Anyone else we need?

I would be happy if they made Wedge and Hobbie.

Reaction score

Agreed - and even just Wedge, as the others will all look too generic. Maybe a re-do on Zev, as he has a speaking roll. But the others, only if they're really scratching.

Although there was the one Snowspeeder pilot with the same helmet deco as Red Leader....
grin.gif

Reaction score

I think that '78 was referring to my question on what we expect the next snowspeeder pilot to be released would be.

-TS

Reaction score

Since1978 said:
Agreed - and even just Wedge, as the others will all look too generic. Maybe a re-do on Zev, as he has a speaking roll. But the others, only if they're really scratching.

Although there was the one Snowspeeder pilot with the same helmet deco as Red Leader....
grin.gif

I would hope that they would at least update Wedge, and then do Hobbie and Kit...just for the sake of having complete snowspeeder crews.

-TS

Reaction score

I tend to think this won't be a basic figure. Maybe it will be in the battlepack with the beardless Hoth trooper.

Also, you know Hasbro will put out a Snowspeeder Biggs before they get to snowspeeder Wedge.

Reaction score

CaptainJack said:
I tend to think this won't be a basic figure. Maybe it will be in the battlepack with the beardless Hoth trooper.

Also, you know Hasbro will put out a Snowspeeder Biggs before they get to snowspeeder Wedge.

a bit unlikely Hasbro would release a vehicles' pilot, as part of another pack, dont you think.

Reaction score

CaptainJack said:

But Biggs died in ANH, and the Snowspeeder suits are in ESB
confused.gif

-TS

Reaction score

"Snowspeeder Biggs" HA! That's a good one. I eagerly await a Dak update.

Reaction score

CaptainJack said:

Ha!! Yeah. Heck, they'd probably justify it as the Marvel Comics version of Snowspeeder Biggs (there was a story in the comics where Wedge, "an old friend of Luke's from Tatooine", was stranded on Hoth for a time after the battle, and eventually made his way back to the Rebels. And I do believe he had a 'stache in that story (IOW, Marvel screwed up and gave Wedge a bit of Biggs' look and backstory)

Dak in the Beardless Rebel Trooper BP? I'd go for that.

Definitely need a Snowspeeder Wedge (last one was over a decade ago, and--like the first Dak figure--based on the POTF2 Snowspeeder "X-Wing" Luke sculpt and thus a big pile of fail). And a proper Hobbie. The Too-Tall Comic Pack X-Wing Hobbie doesn't cut it.

Zev can wait, IMO... yeah, he's super-tall and has limited arms, but he still LOOKS very good and can probably sit in the new Snowspeeder pretty well. Much rather see never-made Hoth Hobbie and POTF2-upgrade Wedge before decent-TSC-upgrade Zev.

And way down the line, I'd like Kesin Ommis updated... Horrible "repurposed swivel-head" head, wobbly 'bootleg' helmet (in terms of paint quality AND deco design)... Janson's fine, tho his head can't move much cuz of the crappy neck-stub on that sculpt, but Kesin's tiny noggin and day-glo "Star Battlers" helmet are just awful.

Reaction score

It is good to hear that Dak is on his way. You cannot have Lukes snowspeeder without a lifeless Dak in the gunner chair.

Reaction score

Dak coming is some of the best new I've heard all year!
grin.gif

I'd have to say that technically Kit Valent is the only one we still need made IMO, as the rest have already been release. I would say that all you have to do to get Snowspeeder Wedge is swap his head over to the new Snowspeeder Luke, but unfortunately he's a $40 figure!

Reaction score

A must buy, twice even. Because I know for sure one will get wore out from being repeatedly stomped into a pink smudge in the snow by the BAT AT

Reaction score

What I like best about this news, and can't believe no one has mentioned it, is that with Dak we will finally get the generic "blue insignia" Rebel helmet. I'll buy a few of these to head swap with other pilots and have the extra helmets to boot!

Jason

Reaction score

Great news about Dack, I agree with you guys Wedge is a must, and dont forget that Dash Rendar flew a snowspeeder at Hoth too.

Reaction score

Jedipostmaster said:
Great news about Dack, I agree with you guys Wedge is a must, and dont forget that Dash Rendar flew a snowspeeder at Hoth too.

Cool! We got ourselves another SOTE fan. Whew, I was beginning to believe that I was the only one.

Reaction score

Best news from this weeks Q&A so far. I did not think they would release Dak this year I remember in a Q&A far back that Hasbro said they did not know when they would actually get to him but I'm glad there going to make him this year.

Reaction score

rook said:
Jedipostmaster said:

Cool! We got ourselves another SOTE fan. Whew, I was beginning to believe that I was the only one.

But what did he wear while in the Snowspeeder? Was it the usual gear, or was it just his normal outfit with a helmet like some people suggest? To me, it would be the normal gear like everyone else.

Reaction score

I want a Hobbie Klivian snowspeeder pilot. For some obscure reason I always had a soft spot for the POTF2 redos of Dack and Wedge, probably because they were some of the first ones and back then it was novel instead of nauseating
blush.gif

Reaction score

TatooineSandworm said:

Anyone else we need?

I'll be passing on Dak and the other snowspeeder pilots on that list if they are ever produced. I couldn't care less about pilots that only got a second of screen time.

Reaction score

I assume this also means that the recent snowspeeder Luke will probably be a repack in the vintage line so that one could buy Dak and Luke to fill their new snowspeeder.

If this Dak *is* on an individual card, though, does that mean a second Empire wave is coming out later in the year or that there will be more than 6 figures in the ESB wave?

Reaction score

AdmiralScreed said:
I'll be passing on Dak and the other snowspeeder pilots on that list if they are ever produced. I couldn't care less about pilots that only got a second of screen time.
Dak? He had a few lines, and far more than 'a second' of screen time. Other pilots on the list, your reasoning works... but not Dak!

Reaction score

Will go nicely with my custom SS Luke ( DSII Luke head + SS pilot EVO 2 Body. Man, I NEED ESB)

Reaction score

Love rebel pilots, and I love vintage cards. Two great tastes that taste great together! Will buy two on sight. I kinda hope they repack snowspeeder Luke on a vintage card too.

Reaction score

War_in_The_floor said:
A must buy, twice even. Because I know for sure one will get wore out from being repeatedly stomped into a pink smudge in the snow by the BAT AT

Lol. I can't wait to recreate that scene.

Reaction score

TatooineSandworm said:

Anyone else we need?

Ha ha ha..."Rouge" leader makes them sound like female impersonators.
smile.gif

Normally I wouldn't sweat a typo, but that one would make for a funny parody.

Reaction score

This is dumb. he was never one a vintage card. I'll get a loose one.

Reaction score

Hahaha...you are right...them the best dressed pilots in the galaxy!

I can't believe no one else caught that today. Well, I guess a little dyslexia goes a long way when a post gets quoted over and over again eh?

Thanks for the heads-up! From now on it will be Rogue Leader, and not the very cute Rouge Leader.

grin.gif

-TS

Reaction score

Blight said:
Methinks you fail to grasp the new line's core concept.

Vintage-only updates on vintage cards leads to a dull, dull line with zero surprises.

Reaction score

Toonimator said:
Blight said:

Vintage-only updates on vintage cards leads to a dull, dull line with zero surprises.

Boring characters like Dak "whatshisface" can do the same thing.

Reaction score

EmperorPalpitate said:
Love rebel pilots, and I love vintage cards. Two great tastes that taste great together! Will buy two on sight. I kinda hope they repack snowspeeder Luke on a vintage card too.

A Men!
grin.gif

Dak is long overdue, and hopefully it'll inspire a Wedge down the road. (And I think it'd be cool to see a Dash Rendar Snowspeeder Pilot too!)

Reaction score

I'll buy Dack, but only for my Luke and Snowspeeder. I could care less about owning all the Snowspeeder Pilots I just want Dack for his association with Luke by being his gunner and his gruesome death.

Reaction score

I am happy we are getting Dak and want the rest of the Snowspeeder Pilots (plus a proper version of Kesin Ommis - he doesn't have a tash).