Dagobah X-Wing - TRU Exclusive

Reaction score
Opened, eh? I see. I see.

You may want to change your E-bay listings then, since they both list the boxes as closed.

Last time I checked closed was the opposite of opened.

Reaction score
hansolo_506 said:
Opened, eh? I see. I see.

You may want to change your E-bay listings then, since they both list the boxes as closed.

Last time I checked closed was the opposite of opened.
can't I open MY OWN X-Wing ?? Or couldn't you figure it was mine ?? How hard is that ??
Didn't you read that I bought several for FELLOW COLLECTORS ? Meaning that I collect too.

Last time I checked people who don't read properly can't argue on that subject or are oftenly pwned.

Reaction score
I think it's already been proven... the box itself says R2 is sold separately.

BTW... every Dagobah R2 Hasbro has done has been covered in brown paint... I don't know why they would stop now.

Reaction score
MasterMagni said:
Last time I checked people who don't read properly can't argue on that subject or are oftenly pwned.
...and usually the one standing on the shakiest ground makes the first threats.

Reaction score
MightyMegs said:
I think it's already been proven... the box itself says R2 is sold separately.

BTW... every Dagobah R2 Hasbro has done has been covered in brown paint... I don't know why they would stop now.
hmm, cheap pack-ins for a low series vehicle ??

hansolo_506 said:
MasterMagni said:
...and usually the one standing on the shakiest ground makes the first threats.
thats no threat.
In the end we'll see whos right and who gets pwned

I'll say it once more, ask Hasbro and/or enter the bet. If you are certain that I'm a scammer you can't loose anything. Or are you afraid ?

Reaction score
It's a common practice to pack figures with either clear plastic around them with twist ties or just twist ties connected to the box itself to keep them coming loose during shipping. I don't see any for this Artoo.

Reaction score
Deak_Starkiller said:
It's a common practice to pack figures with either clear plastic around them with twist ties or just twist ties connected to the box itself to keep them coming loose during shipping. I don't see any for this Artoo.
there you go

Reaction score
LOL hadn't noticed this

Translation:
Includes: 1 Space Ship, 1 Luke Skywalker, 1 Saber, 1 Dragon, 1 R2D2 (Robot)

Reaction score
I can see the highlight, but either I can't see the rubber bands, or they are thinner than the ones used for the cockpit window and wing, which technically should be the same thickness. Also, Hasbro normally displays figures included vehicles outside the package like the Saga I version did. Otherwise, the customer gets the impression this Artoo is integrated into the vehicle. I think it's a little unorthodox for Hasbro to 'hide' a figure inside a vehicle w/o giving the customer a sense of presentation in terms of size, color, etc. aside from box photos.

Reaction score
Deak_Starkiller said:
I can see the highlight, but either I can't see the rubber bands, or they are thinner than the ones used for the cockpit window and wing, which technically should be the same thickness. Also, Hasbro normally displays figures included vehicles outside the package like the Saga I version did. Otherwise, the customer gets the impression this Artoo is integrated into the vehicle. I think it's a little unorthodox for Hasbro to 'hide' a figure inside a vehicle w/o giving the customer a sense of presentation in terms of size, color, etc. aside from box photos.
there you go, if you click it it turns larger.

Reaction score
Deak_Starkiller said:
The probably put him in the slot to cut down on costs. I'm sure re-vamping the package would have been a costly thing to do.

Reaction score
Deak_Starkiller said:
I was just thinking that, w/o altering the current package.
Also notice that they slapped one of those stickers to cover the orginal contents list. I figured they would have put a small one over the not included text as well.

Reaction score
Dice_Ibegon said:
Deak_Starkiller said:
I was just thinking that, w/o altering the current package.
Also notice that they slapped one of those stickers to cover the orginal contents list. I figured they would have put a small one over the not included text as well.
underneath the box you can see the original contents, in english of course.

GNT

Reaction score
Very interesting if its true about the R2 pack in makes you wonder why they couldn't do it for the US version.

Reaction score
GNT said:
Very interesting if its true about the R2 pack in makes you wonder why they couldn't do it for the US version.
well, discussing about it we think its to justify the price over here, last year we got the ARC + 4 figures for 10 bucks less...

Reaction score
Looks legit to me!

I am just happy Hasbro decided to not use the R4-G9 mold on this R2. That would have pissed off many many collectors who already brought this.

Looks to be a slight repaint of the Hoth R2 but nothing to major so its no skin of my back.

Art

Reaction score
The man offers the x-wing to folks, receives a thorough thrashing, is called a liar, provides pics and explanations, is insulted, yet never looses his cool or his temper, but has yet to receive any public apologies.

Beating someone up because you weren't familiar with something seems a bit foolish.

Way to represent.

Generally speaking, it seems the exclusive stuff is more or less limited to the U.S. - glad to see something a little different elsewhere, and for seemingly just a few dollars more than the U.S. version.

-Art

Reaction score
Art said:
The man offers the x-wing to folks, receives a thorough thrashing, is called a liar, provides pics and explanations, is insulted, yet never looses his cool or his temper, but has yet to receive any public apologies.

Beating someone up because you weren't familiar with something seems a bit foolish.

Way to represent.

Generally speaking, it seems the exclusive stuff is more or less limited to the U.S. - glad to see something a little different elsewhere, and for seemingly just a few dollars more than the U.S. version.

-Art
Apologize for what? He came to the thread to let us know he was scalping them on Ebay. And with all the scams that have been popping up over the years with Star Wars figure-swaps, it pays to be skeptical when a never-before-seen item suddenly appears.

Reaction score
Didn't something similar happen when the Green Commander and Black Pilot variants first popped up about a year ago?

Reaction score
God, with all these still sitting at my TRU I never thought to check.

Reaction score
My TRU has tons of X-Wings still. I will get one, but I'm hoping there will be an after christmas clearance. I may have to jump on the Tie soon though, as they are getting scarce. The At At I'll probably throw under the tree for myself.

I've only been a SW collector for 2 months, but the TRU exclusives will help me start out my collection right. Not to mention the Target Snowspeeder and Imperial Shuttle. Now if only we could get an Interceptor...

Reaction score
Art said:

Way to represent.

-Art
thnx dude, but I need no apologies. There will always be an [censored] to deal with as well as someone nice. If someone is rude with you, theres no need to be rude too. Its called education.

As for the X-Wing I still think price is high. Its a Sam's Club exclusive which should be cheaper than TRU, or at least the same price.

MightyMegs said:
Apologize for what? He came to the thread to let us know he was scalping them on Ebay. And with all the scams that have been popping up over the years with Star Wars figure-swaps, it pays to be skeptical when a never-before-seen item suddenly appears.
LOL, now I was scalping them @ ebay. I could have bought 20 and scalp them @ ebay.
Also theres a difference between being skeptical and being rude.

Art

Reaction score
>"The thing doesn't exist until you open it up and pop in an R2 unit."
>"Mighty powerful telekinetic psychics you got there south of the border."
>"I think it's already been proven... the box itself says R2 is sold separately."

MightyMegs said:
Let me get this straight -

1. You've never heard of it so it doesn't exist.
2. Anyone who suggests otherwise is a liar and a scammer
3. Oops.. it exists, so I'll beat him up for scalping instead (also unsubstantiated)
4. I can't nail him for a scam; I can't prove he's scalping anything; he has no history of either, but I'm still the unapologetic expert.

I can't find his auction, so I don't know if he's the big bad scalper. Show me a ridiculously high reserve, or that he's listed 150 X-Wings, and I'll agree with you on that point (even though it seems to be a last ditch effort to beat him up for something...anything).

I agree, it pays to be skeptical when something unknown pops up, but that's hardly a reason to publicly flog a guy because he's showing us something that may be new - especially when you don't have anything solid on which to base your accusations.

Not trying to make war, and I have no idea who MasterMagni is. It's just that the self-appointed expert role wears thin. And if nothing else, I think the Luke in Jedi Robes thread (vintage) shows how none of us are as knowledgable as some folks like to think they are.

-Art

Art

Reaction score
MasterMagni said:
thnx dude, but I need no apologies. There will always be an [censored] to deal with as well as someone nice. If someone is rude with you, theres no need to be rude too. Its called education.
Reason will never mean much to some folks, and most apologies are hollow anyway. I just grow weary of the self-appointed expert trying to chase away anyone not deemed "worthy."

I generally enjoy the info found at the Scum, but the exclusivity of some and the ignorance of others tend to chase away too many good contributers.

Cheers! And thanks for the first word and pics of a neat piece.

-Art

Reaction score
Well its official, the X-Wing in the Albany TRU is no more, they are officially sold out!!!

Reaction score
Lady_Jaye said:
Well its official, the X-Wing in the Albany TRU is no more, they are officially sold out!!!
...when across the Atlantic Ocean they are reappearing. TRU France stores got a new shipment and there were no less than 20 pieces this mornoing in my TRU

Reaction score
Lady_Jaye said:
Have you checked if there are still quantities at the distribution center for that store's district?

Reaction score
Deak_Starkiller said:
Have you checked if there are still quantities at the distribution center for that store's district?
No, haven't bothered! It's been gone from the shelves for a week now, and they've gotten in trucks every night!! I think it's safe to assume that it is officially gone!!

Which is great, I hated seeing those vehicles clogging up the shelves! Funny thing is seeine what they put in their place!! Like the model kits and spreading out the build a lightsabers!!

Reaction score
My TRU restocked with 4 of these today along with 2 Endor AT-ATs, could this mean more shipments are coming?

Reaction score
TRU's around here got 4 or more XWings and some AT-ATs just this week also. Looks like the rumor that TRU ordered more of these is true and they are now getting into stores again.

Reaction score
My TRU has about 20 of these right now. I exchanged my BOGO Bantha for it. Good trade!

Reaction score
yoda4201 said:
My TRU has about 20 of these right now. I exchanged my BOGO Bantha for it. Good trade!
I LOVE this ship! For now, it's my favorite version of the X-Wing fighter up until MR releases theirs that is.

Reaction score
I bought one tonight using the 20% off coupon.
One problem (besides my lack of display space). I don't have a X-wing Luke or a droid. What are the best version of those figures to get?

Reaction score
BobaLukeDuke said:
I bought one tonight using the 20% off coupon.
One problem (besides my lack of display space). I don't have a X-wing Luke or a droid. What are the best version of those figures to get?
Nice score. It's a great piece (for which I have no room either). The latest pilot Luke is the VTSC figure. He's got ball joints and a removable helmet. Great fig for that ship. I'm currently using TSC Hoth Artoo for Luke's companion. He's great because he comes with Luke's Dagobah gear: lamp, rations and crate.

Reaction score
Picked up this ship loose... does anyone know which R2 figure fits? I've tried about 4 and they're all too small : /