Dagobah X-Wing - TRU Exclusive

Reaction score
The TRU my wife works at has a ton of these on the shelf. I would guess at least 20-25 and they have been there for a couple of weeks so they arn't blowing out the door. It is a really nice piece but for the price I can understand why they don't go faster. Still, I can justify paying $45 for this. (Although I won't have to because the wife has coupons and gets the employee discount.
) But the large grey Tie Fighter for $45 is a joke. My blue one suits me fine.

Reaction score
GothicZartan said:
what we need is a luke skywalker in a snowspeeder pilot gear from ESB!
If and when it's done, it'll probably use Zev Senesca's body as a base, with Luke head and some retouching paint.

Reaction score
Deak_Starkiller said:
GothicZartan said:
what we need is a luke skywalker in a snowspeeder pilot gear from ESB!
If and when it's done, it'll probably use Zev Senesca's body as a base, with Luke head and some retouching paint.
I don't see why, there are plenty of pilots that could be made before another upteenth pilot luke.

Reaction score
We haven't had an ESB Pilot Luke since early in POTF2, however. Zev's arms are rather bland, but most customizers can probably make some decent swivel-elbows with a couple cuts & drilled holes & some glued-in pins. Otherwise, pop a couple heads, maybe swap legs with VTSC Luke (if it'll shorten him properly), do a boot transplant with a Dagobah Luke... yeah, it wouldn't take a whole lot of messing around to get a decent Snowspeeder/Dagobah-Pilot Luke out of Zev!

Hopefully they'll recard him in the basic line, making it easier for customizers. Or even simply offer up Wedge -- new head-sculpt, repaint the helmet, done! Just toss in Luke's VTSC/Endor blaster! It'd be funny if the first basic-line Wedge we get mirrors his first release in ESB pilot gear!

Reaction score
I made another mistake by going through TRU.com for these. They are shelf-warming already at dozens of stores yet I get an email last night saying that they are backstocked and my shipment is delayed. But I stick with it because I got a deal on them.

I just got a vintage Dagobah playset so I am anxiously awaiting this X-wing to recontruct my dagobah displays. I'm going to use the new moss with the older dagobah x-wing. should look pretty slick.

Reaction score
Nerfherder said:
I made another mistake by going through TRU.com for these.
I made the same mistake hoping that the bad Amazon jinx had left TRU, it looks like it has not. I ordered two during the deal time and just received the same e-mail stating that they are delayed.....again. Weird that the shelves are full around here but they can not seem to find any in the warehouses to ship to us.

Called Customer Service today and they really could not offer anything positive for me. They stated that TRU has NEVER canceled a "Pre-Order" item before. It will just take time. We will see if that occurs. Keeping my fingers crossed!

MongoSith

Reaction score
Toonimator said:
We haven't had an ESB Pilot Luke since early in POTF2, however. Zev's arms are rather bland, but most customizers can probably make some decent swivel-elbows with a couple cuts & drilled holes & some glued-in pins. Otherwise, pop a couple heads, maybe swap legs with VTSC Luke (if it'll shorten him properly), do a boot transplant with a Dagobah Luke... yeah, it wouldn't take a whole lot of messing around to get a decent Snowspeeder/Dagobah-Pilot Luke out of Zev!

Hopefully they'll recard him in the basic line, making it easier for customizers. Or even simply offer up Wedge -- new head-sculpt, repaint the helmet, done! Just toss in Luke's VTSC/Endor blaster! It'd be funny if the first basic-line Wedge we get mirrors his first release in ESB pilot gear!
A good and easy Snowspeeder Luke custom.

Reaction score
Wow. That's a nice idea for a custom. Simple & easy! I have extra AT-AT Drivers & the collar piece, and I can find Derlin just about anywhere, so now I'm actually gonna go try & find an extra VTSC X-Wing Luke now so that I can do that!! Watch, now that I actually want a 2nd one, I won't be able to find one after months & months of seeing them everywhere
Isn't that how it always works though?

Reaction score
Maynard said:
Watch, now that I actually want a 2nd one, I won't be able to find one after months & months of seeing them everywhere
Isn't that how it always works though?

Hahahah. Maynard--that's happened to me so many times that it's not funny

AT-AT driver, black clone pilot, blue senate guard, ....

Reaction score
Hey people!

I'm thinking of getting this - I don't own any X-wings yet, and I'm considering purchasing one. Overall, do people recommend this x-wing?

Because I live in New Zealand, I'd have to order one online, so before I do, I'd love to hear peoples impressions of this particular x-wing.

GNT

Reaction score
saddestmoon said:
:) Because I live in New Zealand, I'd have to order one online, so before I do, I'd love to hear peoples impressions of this particular x-wing.
Seen it in person and it looks great, however when in the box it's pretty massive! So it would be best to pick t up if you plan on opening it unless you have a big area to display it in the box.

Reaction score
I'm only critical of the price on this. If it hadn't been a TRU exclusive, it would have been a tad cheaper.

But to be honest, this set could have been issued back in the Saga (I) package.

Reaction score
Deak_Starkiller said:
I'm only critical of the price on this. If it hadn't been a TRU exclusive, it would have been a tad cheaper.

But to be honest, this set could have been issued back in the Saga (I) package.
Yeah , the smaller Saga 1 box would have helped lower shipping fees. It's almost 2 times larger than it's earlier release. Yet, for MIB collectors, that's a great dio.

Reaction score
Deak_Starkiller said:
That is why i passed on it and the large wing tie as well.

i was there and had the tie in my hands and also the x-wing and just put them back as it felt like it wasn't worth the money.

Too bad too cuz they are nice vehicles but should not be that much. Even the Target snowspeeder is a bargain at 29.99 compared to these and are just as nice.

the tie fighter ... face it, it is a 19.99 vehicle with larger wings and that is all. Kind of a jip really at 45 bucks.

Reaction score
MasterUG is a bad trader. Here is his info

Matthew Zausch
9315A Loch Lea Ln.
Louisville, KY 40291

He thinks stiffing someone for $8 is worth this. Trade with him at your own risk.

Reaction score
only reason i bought the saga xwing and tie is because i am a fairly new collector (only been collecting since ROTS) and never had a movie accurate huge xwing or tie figter and i just couldnt pass these up. sure, the price is up there, but if you dont have them, it doesnt really matter. they ARE both awsome though. glad i have'em.

Michael_Ritter

Reaction score
I just got back from a vacation and like usual I stop at various stores to compare to the ones at home. I was shocked to see the one TRU I stopped at had 45+ Dagobah X-Wings in stock! Granted, this was in Delaware, but this frightens me as far as future exclusives go. If this is common across the US it can have a detrimental effect on TRU's attitude of SW exclusives. They can lower the amount they order, making it very difficult to find them, or they can just not order them at all. Either one is not good.

Mike

Reaction score
MasterUG said:
Has anybody noticed the variations on these yet??? With the Dragon thing
Yeah, I have both versions. One with the dragon under the wing and one closer to luke on the beach.

Reaction score
Like Saddestmoon I really want this ship but the shipping to get it to NZ is going to be a pain.

Goes I am going to have to have someone in Aussie to get it for me. I am after that Endor AT-AT as well but that won't get a release over here either. Saddestmoon, have you seen that AriseSirToy have both the Dagobah X-Wing and Endor AT-AT for preorder! But at the prices they are asking it would still be cheaper to buy it overseas and get them sent over.

FOO

Reaction score
How much does it cost for an AT-AT to be sent from the US to NZ?

Reaction score
For those of you that also have the POTF electronic FX X-Wing, are you sorry you bought this? I have the FX version (and I love it) so I can't justify $45 on this. I bought the FX on E-Bay MISB for $18 a year ago!

Reaction score
A friend of mine works for Disney and gets 35% off. It costs $35 at Once Upon A Toy instead of the $45 at TRU. I got this for a very nice $22 +tax! I haven't been able to open it yet, because I love it packaged (and I already have the 1st Dagobah X-wing open). Is the drangonsnake worth busting the box open, really?

Reaction score
DocVader said:
For those of you that also have the POTF electronic FX X-Wing, are you sorry you bought this? I have the FX version (and I love it) so I can't justify $45 on this. I bought the FX on E-Bay MISB for $18 a year ago!
I've got the one they re-released in SAGA (with the muddy Artoo) and I can't see myself dropping money on this, even for the cool Luke, dragon thing, and swamp scum. Maybe if they go on clearance after Christmas...

Reaction score
Hey

Here in Mexico we just recieved the Dagobah X-Wing, the difference is that it comes with an R2-D2 figure (VOTC "Dirty" mold). We only got around 150 in Mexico City and we won't recieve any more.
I'm selling a couple over ebay if you want to check.

Reaction score
MightyMegs said:
It looks like you put the R2 in there yourself...
The boxes are closed, why would I do so anyways ? First get a couple of HTF VOTC R2's, then paint them, then open the xwings, then put them inside and re-seal the box so it looks like new... yeah right...

The R2 comes in the R Unit slot in the X-Wing, see pic 1 n 2, not like seen in the last picture.

Reaction score
hansolo_506 said:
I thought it was against the rules to post E-bay auctions.
sorry, I didn't know, if they have to be erased I'll do so...

For those who don't believe me, you can ask Hasbro.

Reaction score
MasterMagni said:
MightyMegs said:
The boxes are closed, why would I do so anyways ? First get a couple of HTF VOTC R2's, then paint them, then open the xwings, then put them inside and re-seal the box so it looks like new... yeah right...

The R2 comes in the R Unit slot in the X-Wing, see pic 1 n 2, not like seen in the last picture.
Well, for one... the back of the box says'Astromech post fits R2-D2 figure (sold separately)

Reaction score
MightyMegs said:
MasterMagni said:
MightyMegs said:

Well, for one... the back of the box says'Astromech post fits R2-D2 figure (sold separately)
And you wouldn't have to 'paint' them yourself... the Saga R2 has the same weathering.

Reaction score
MightyMegs said:
MightyMegs said:
MasterMagni said:
MightyMegs said:

And you wouldn't have to 'paint' them yourself... the Saga R2 has the same weathering.
Right, though its pain job is different from TSC R2. If you please can check pic # 2, you can see theres a special plastic holding the R2, one that I couldn't have done and that isn't included in the regular X-Wing. The same plastic with the rubber band can be seen in the R2 pic, right next to him.
As for the back saying the Astromech droid is sold separately, we know Hasbro and we know that for a secondary market they wouldn't change the whole box right ?
I can show you pics of more of these if you want to. I bought several for fellow collector's, and we're all surprised that it came this way and in so limited numbers. I'll say it once again, if you don't believe me, ask Hasbro.

Lets do something, you ask for proofs and I'll post them.

Reaction score
Thinking about it, lets make a bet...
If you can prove that I'm cheating and I'm trying to fool you, I'll give each one of you who proves it an X-Wing, free. Promise.

If I prove you wrong, each of you who enters the bet gives me a figure I don't have of the estimated same value, for free.

What do you think ?

Reaction score
You do realize no one is believing your story here, don't you? I mean, you will probably sell your scamming E-bay X-wings, but there has been NOTHING about a different Mexican variant ANYWHERE on ANY SW collecting site.

The thing doesn't exist until you open it up and pop in an R2 unit.

And, BTW... if these boxes are sealed, how is the R2 unit in it's spot in the x-wing in one photo and standing in front of the dragonsnake in the other?

Mighty powerful telekinetic psychics you got there south of the border.

Reaction score
hansolo_506 said:
You do realize no one is believing your story here, don't you? I mean, you will probably sell your scamming E-bay X-wings, but there has been NOTHING about a different Mexican variant ANYWHERE on ANY SW collecting site.

The thing doesn't exist until you open it up and pop in an R2 unit.

And, BTW... if these boxes are sealed, how is the R2 unit in it's spot in the x-wing in one photo and standing in front of the dragonsnake in the other?

Mighty powerful telekinetic psychics you got there south of the border.
yeah I do realize no one believes me.
If there has been nothing about a Mexican variant of the X-Wing is becasue these were released this week, thats why. Then it sells out fast, if there are as many as I was told, then the chances of someone getting another and posting it in a foreign country forum are pretty slim.
As for how did the "magic" R2 is in one place in one picture and at other in other picture. Very simple, that one is opened, how hard is that to realize ??

Wanna enter the bet ?? Or what proofs do you want ?

Oh and one more thing, please don't call me a scammer, thats disrispectful and not what I am.