Dagobah Wave

G

its pretty accurate mud right? on the r2 d2
and that ob i wan kenobi is quite nice

Reaction score
That Luke is pathetic! What's with that facial expression!?! I see a big custom job for me here. Perhaps made easier if that new soft goods Luke is naked under that tunic.

The Yoda looks wierd. Not at all like the ESB version I agree. I did have a thought that he would fit in the backback from the waist up. What if he detaches from the waist and the top half goes in the backpack.

I agree with the rest of you, not too excited about any of these.

Reaction score
Originally posted by IndianaVader:
What's the point of Yoda's back pack? It's obvious the new Luke can't wear it.
<font size="2" face="arial">Even if we could, the expression on his head and face would look like he's trying to beat the 4-minute mile through the jungle, and I don't want to see how those hands would look flipped upright!
Hasbro's either giving us 'useless' accessories for cinematic completeness or something to be used in a future release.

Til next report...

[ 02-14-2004, 09:43 AM: Message edited by: Arknew ]

Reaction score
Okay, major disappointment on the Luke. I hate figures like the Throne Room Duel Luke that only have 1 pose. Obi Wan I'll pick up. Yoda looks like the rehash Ep. II figure that is a rehash of the Ep. I figure of Yoda in the Jedi Council chair, with a few modifications. He's Yoda so I will probably pick one up (sucker for Yoda). R2, I have enough R2's thank you. Again I am disaapointed and since moving away from being a completist, I am seeing less of my money go to this line and more into my savings. With Hasbro losing money on the line last year, you would think they would get their act together . . . oh yeah, they have a bank year coming in 2005 so they can put out what they want.

Reaction score
I'll definately pick up Obi-Wan & R2, Yoda just doesn't look right and don't even get me started on that Luke.

Reaction score
Don't know about this Luke, If you ask me he should be packaged the way he looks (Upside down), and there seems to be no articulation in the wrists. I hope they don't package him standing upright because my man looks like he's been hitting the pipe one to many times. It's a great idea for a figure but done poorly.

THj

Reaction score
Originally posted by Greedo, the Green Menace
I'm actually a little dissapointed with the Yoda. His face looks more like his AOTC digital version that his ESB muppet version. Hopefully he'll look better in person.
<font size="2" face="arial">I agree completely. The pics we have here present a VERY CGI Prequel looking Yoda. I'm one of those who prefer the muppet Yoda, so this is a bit disappointing to me. The face doesn't appear to be ESB-accurate, and the flesh tones are much to dark. Also, it's been awhile since I've actually seen ESB or ROTJ(that'll change drastically come September), so I may be mistaken, but even the outfit on this figure doesn't seem accurate. Can anyone supply some pics for comparison?

However, all of this doesn't dampen my spirits about this wave for one big reason: Obi-Wan!
I've been hoping for some time for a new Ghost of Obi-Wan figure, and I think this prototype looks great. The paint just has this very eerie and effective look to it. A substantial improvement over the POTF2 Lay's Obi-Wan... nowadays that thing is just funny looking.

THj

Reaction score
Ok, I dig this wave of figures. It's a nice cohesively themed set and the four of them will look great displayed together. I was kind of hoping for a more neutral Luke, but look at his wrists in that larger pic posted by Kris ...

You can clearly see that his left wrist (the one on your right) is articulated. You can see that his right wrist is articulated as well, but the shadows cover it up a bit. It has a hinge type of articulation so you will be able to straighten his wrists out. Also his head definitely appears to be ball-jointed. All you need is another ball-jointed Luke (if they release one) and you can swap heads for a more neutral one.

So it is highly conceivable you can pose this Luke upright in the "I'm using the force to try and pull my X-wing out of the swamp" pose. That makes me feel a lot better about this figure and it leaves the only disappointment the fact that his hair will look pretty messed up when he's standing upright.

If they've made the base really cool, you'll be able to pose him standing on one hand as well so he can levitate objects with his free hand.

Noticing those articulation points, I think this figure will surprise a few people and will be able to be posed in more ways than just upside down. I'm looking forward to him!

[ 02-14-2004, 03:05 PM: Message edited by: Ultimate Weapon ]

Reaction score
This to me is the dullest themed wave yet. The Yoda is wrong, a spirit Obi-Wan is not really the most action packed figure, yet another R2-D2 and an extremely limited one pose Luke.

Will I buy them? of course I will, it's Star Wars all the same.

However, I am a non opener who will purchase a second to open if the figure is attractive enough. I won't be buying 2 of any of these.

C'mon Hasbro give us cantina aliens, pod racers, rogue senators, more Jabba's henchmen.

G

what ultimate weapon said is true. you can see hinge joints. to me i thought his hands were stuck to the base, but theres probably deep indentations so his hands look flush.. thats why they have to do him with both hands though rather than the one hand. these jints will have to be very stiff.

i like this figure now

Reaction score
Is it me or is Luke's head ball jointed? Damn... no custom... and if there is it'll take a little more effort than a boil and pop.

Reaction score
I think they all look cool, even though Luke looks Anime-ish. I'll definitely be getting them if I can find em.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Carpeteria:

And here he is if his arms are articulated at the shoulders (and if his hands are backwards). Whoo lord, look at my photoshoppin' skillzzzz.
<font size="2" face="arial">He looks just like Marilyn Monroe standing over the air vent, sans skirt.

Reaction score
Luke Dagobah

GH doesn't like pictures hosted by them to be posted around various sites, please post linkns to them in the future

And how you like this. Galactic Hunter has this as well as a few closeups. Either we get TWO different Dagobath Lukes or one ULTIMATE with changeable arms and head.

[ 02-16-2004, 04:36 PM: Message edited by: Bounty Hunter GNT ]

THj

Reaction score
I'm definitely thinking inter-changeable parts here. This is the Luke that everyone wondered about when we saw Luke's backpack with the new Yoda figure. Although it's not at all beyond Hasbro to release two Luke's at once where they have the opportunity to simply rehash the torso and legs, I'd say what we're getting here is an 'ultimate' Dagobah Luke, which is really just an articulation-lacking Luke with inter-changeable heads and arms which create two VERY scene specific Lukes. WOW most of that was one grammatically correct sentence!
Neither of these Lukes appears to have knee or elbow articualtion-that's why I'm betting they're one in the same. Meant for display though, definitely not for play value.

THj

Reaction score
It's interesting that Hasbro may actually start doing interchangeable parts. I did not think they would do this.

Reaction score
Wow, that would be great news if they did have interchangeable parts.

The only thing missing would be a removable jacket.

But Luke still looks like he's 12.

G

Luke Dagobah

GH doesn't like pictures hosted by them to be posted around various sites, please post linkns to them in the future

Oh yeah. I was totally dead on with that one. I got the legs perfectly.

[ 02-16-2004, 04:37 PM: Message edited by: Bounty Hunter GNT ]

Reaction score
LOL dead on !! LOL

As for the Yoda-fits-into-the-backpack-issue, I am pretty sure that he comes apart at the waist. To me it looks to fit PERFECTLY than

THj

Reaction score
Originally posted by The Real Scooby:
As for the Yoda-fits-into-the-backpack-issue, I am pretty sure that he comes apart at the waist. To me it looks to fit PERFECTLY than
<font size="2" face="arial">Yeah I think you're right about Yoda's waist too. This is an interesting turn from Hasbro. I still don't like Yoda's face though.

THj

Reaction score
That new image of Luke looks like he's ready to spar 10 rounds with Dagobah Darth Vader..."come on, drop the saber and let's fight like real men, err machine!"

Originally posted by toothpickheaded_jedi:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="arial"> Originally posted by The Real Scooby:

<font size="2" face="arial">Yeah I think you're right about Yoda's waist too. This is an interesting turn from Hasbro. I still don't like Yoda's face though.

THj
</font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">Hmmm, that makes for some interesting make-believe since you can simulate Yoda getting chopped up in half by Count Dooku like split-apart Maul.

Til next report...

Reaction score
Originally posted by Arknew:
[QB] That new image of Luke looks like he's ready to spar 10 rounds with Dagobah Darth Vader..."come on, drop the saber and let's fight like real men, err machine!"
<font size="2" face="arial">I think that he's supposed to be holding his backpack straps.

My guess is that we're getting one version with interchangeabel head/arms. Neither set of arms looks like they need to do much, so an easy pop-in/pop-out thing would be successful, and we all have discovered by now just how easy the new heads are to pop off and replace.

So that's my guess. Which is cool--this is what the WWIII Xtreme Detail series did as well.

Reaction score
http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/multimedia/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=Images/Classic_Trilogy/Characters/Luke_Skywalker/ The_Empire_Strikes_Back&image=lukeyod2.jpg&img=16&tt=

I believe that Yoda's backpack is just the right size and rather accurate to the movie at least. As you can see here, the backpack is rather small and doesn't appear to sufficiently hold Yoda's well, bottom half. It was just a puppet and some versions probably didn't even have a bottom half. Some did have feet, but the model used here probably didn't. So, I believe that the new Yoda figure's upper half is detachable at the waist and fits conveniently in the backpack in a very movie accurate pose.
Also, I think that the sculpt on the head looks very much like Mark Hamill in this picture.

[ 02-16-2004, 03:43 PM: Message edited by: The Professor ]

Reaction score

I sure hope we see an opaque version of that Obi-Wan.

After nine years, we FINALLY get a new older Obi-Wan head sculpt, and it's translucent.

This figure is too nice to remain a ghost.

Reaction score

Should be seeing bigger pics soon since its usually a month between waves...can't wait for these puppies

Reaction score
come on boys and girls you and i know we will buy them all the force is strong the will is weak

GNT

Reaction score
grandpa_yoda said:
come on boys and girls you and i know we will buy them all the force is strong the will is weak
Theres more chance that collectors will buy the Dagobah and Bespin waves then the reissued figures.

They also look good packaged.

Reaction score
I'm more interested in the new figures more than the rehashed ones. Even if the packaging looks great how many of the same Han Solo's do I need?

Reaction score
you know that feeling when you havent seen any new figures for 3 months and your mouth is watering and your head is exploding and you walk into your local toy store and you see those figures with that new retro packaging and your mouth begins to salivate and your wallet gets alot lighter!

Reaction score
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
you know that feeling when you havent seen any new figures for 3 months and your mouth is watering and your head is exploding and you walk into your local toy store and you see those figures with that new retro packaging and your mouth begins to salivate and your wallet gets alot lighter!

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that lightness being the credit card!!! The cash ain't going to cover it here

Reaction score
One other possibility I thought of is that the Lee's Luke was just a mockup and that the appendages are in there behind the card. I asked Mike at GH for some clarification. We'll see if he can get some