D-bag swapper alert @ 290/Hollister Target

Reaction score
Some real scum @ the 290/Hollister Target.

I live near this Target and found a Rebel Trooper VC fig with a TPM Maul giveaway sticker on it. I thought that was odd and flipped the figure over. Instantly noticed the piece of tape on the side. Thought, OMG, do we have a swap here. Flipped it back over and noticed a POTF line Rebel Trooper in the bubble, which I now see was cut open and retaped.

Seriously. What a d-bag. This is what gives collector's a HORRIBLE name. I would've felt bad for the kid that bought this figure and came home with this older, non-articulated fig. WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE!?!?!??!?!

I took the fig to customer service and explained what was going on, in the hopes they can be on the lookout for whoever is doing this. Whoever it is is scum and I wish them the worst.

Note that this Target hasn't had a new figure in months (aside from The Phantom Menace figs I returned there from another store ... which this swapper probably bought and took the sticker off of). Seriously, they've had the same 5-10 figs on the pegs since October. But this doesn't make the above any better.

Reaction score
go back in a few days and see if it's back on the pegs, I'm guessing the guest service person tossed it in a "go back" cart and someone will put it back up on the peg