Custom Vehicles From The Star Wars Universe

Reaction score
That looks really cool man, well done!

I have one that, one day
, I would like to turn into some sort of cargo transport except for space travel as opposed to a ground transport. I'd like to replace the treads with some sort of landing gear and place some sort of engine on the back. Maybe one day......

Reaction score
Man this vehicle is AWESOME - Nice job. Plays really well to the whole sandcrawler theme.

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me who the talented person is that weathers vehicles? Also if anyone can explain how to do this, i would appreciate it. I need to weather an old falcon. Thanks!!

Reaction score
fantastic job, absolutley awesome. i've been wanting one of those for a battle droids, something like the MTT. This works gret for Jawa's and adds some variety to there "tanks" cuz i can't imagine they all drive around in the same looking versions.

Reaction score
That's awesome! I like mini rigs. Recognise the pods from the vintage Imperial Troop Transport but nothing else.

Reaction score
The front looks like the gi Joe desert fox, I believe. Looks really cool - seamless combination of parts...

Reaction score
Thank you, and good eye, MKOS. Yes, it started out as a Desert Fox. I put a lot of work into it over the last couple weeks. I came up with the idea looking at the Spec Ops Clone project thread. I have gotten to a stop point on it for a little while just due to time and frustration. Some of the paint techniques didn't work out, some of the parts have been a problem, but I took a bunch of pics of it all assembled I will post in it's own thread now.

Reaction score
This is a project I've always wanted to do if I ever found a beat up GI Joe Mobile Command Center. Earlier this summer I got one with a bunch of other Joes and got to work.

More pics to follow.
Wow. Thats a pretty cool way to use a MCC and Triple T. Great Job.

Reaction score
Nothing too fancy. This is my original Imperial Troop Transporter that I got in 1979. I was 10 or 11 at the time.

I had done a so/so custom paint job from 20+ years ago, but I never was happy with the color. A gunmetal gray)

I ended up taking everything apart and bead blasting the mess away. A pair of gun arms from some Japanese model kit replace the original/broken cannon. The decals are home made.

Reaction score
The wings for both ships were scratchbuilt with plexiglass, then detailed with a few cast pieces from Vader's fighter and the Interceptor, then finished with various rods, half rounds, etc. from the hobby store (in the end, the Defender took over 150 pieces for each wing!). The etched lines in the Clawcraft wings were done with a sharpened screwdriver.
The TIE Defender is god-like. It's beyond awesome. It's been a while since I've played TIE Fighter, but I remember how infinitely sweet the TIE Defender was. Now you have one. Your home is truly safe from the rebel insurgents!

Reaction score
Did anyone else see JMX's sail barge on p.21? It's truly out of this world. It's amazing: full size, full interior - it's a dream vehicle? How does one person even do that?

Reaction score
Did anyone else see JMX's sail barge on p.21? It's truly out of this world. It's amazing: full size, full interior - it's a dream vehicle? How does one person even do that?
Yeah, that thing is absolutely amazing! I wish he was still on the boards. I would love to see what else he has made as he said he has more vehicles. My dream would be to commission someone to make a sail barge like that for me. It would be so expensive, but would be an amazing centerpiece to a collection and I know no matter how long I worked at it, I could never make something like that.

Reaction score
What's Up Guys!! Still new to the Scum, just wanted to post some shots of my Class II Boba Fett Slave I.

So I was strolling through Target this week and just happened to get there on stock day. I look down and there's Jango Fett's Slave I sitting right on the front of the shelf. Just $19.99 but wow the box was tiny!! I knew I had to be dealing with an abbreviated version but wow this box was tiny and light too. I expected at least for this to be the size of the Target Exclusive a few years back but still I didn't know HOW it would fit in this box. Anyway enough about the box… it's small.

So since I'm not a prequel guy I decided to give this hunk'a'plastic a makeover, or a work over since we are aging it about 30 years. The bottom "bell" of the Slave I is one piece along with the shoulders that host the rutters so I took just the bell and sprayed it with a Rustoleum Brown Boots satin finish. It proved a little glossy so I went back over with a matte finish. For the shoulders, bumper and loading dock I mixed up a green and then dirtied it with black and mixed it again. So now I have made this Slave I "NEW" with this alternate paint scheme, it's time to knock a few years into it.

I mixed up a darker gray to match the bit on the tailfin and went to replace a few panels along the top of the body and front. I used my Target Exclusive as a general reference but the panels were split up a little different so there was some liberties taken. For the more weathered panels I took my flat brush in between coats on the solid panels and I just ran it from the seams inward with lifting strokes as drybrush. That left just that slight bit of color creating a weathered metal.

Finishing off I mixed a little light gray to match the original body color and went back to work on the bell again. I used my broad strokes to wear down the very edges of the bell and then drybrushed in my weathering using the same method as I did on the upper body. Start in the seams and brush inward with lifting strokes.

There we are. The Mandalorian Manhunter is ready for duty. That's it really. I just wanted to post this up.

Reaction score
Thanks!! I went back and did a black wash this weekend!! I liked it before but after a week it looked too POPTF II.

Last edited:
Reaction score
^^^
Yeah, the dulled look is always better in my eyes. That 'used universe' feel of the OT...

Reaction score
And I'm back!!!

I couldn't resist the chance to take a saturday and pull out the BIG GUNS!!!

I happened across a half pallet of these the first time they sold and clearanced. It was quite a find since I wanted to wait until the prices dropped on these. Apparently price as well as size kept a lot of these out of collector hands. I picked up 3 @ $36 a piece!!!

So on to the business. A long time ago I took this model and dusted it in black an accented some areas that needed some life. I never thought I'd get back around to my full intentions but yesterday I ran the entire trilogy through the old Xbox and got cracking.

First I completely disassembled the falcon into top bottom and interior... Bye Bye electronics... You will be missed. I took all the interior pieces and gave then a deep black wash. Then I got to trimming out pieces. This was such a huge playset but you really only had half of the interior to interact with. I wanted to remedy this to justify the size of this beast. So with only my exacto I started to score away at these obstructions. One being the door to the cockpit as well as the corridor entry. I adds padding with this thick rubbery adhesive rubber sheeting and sliced into panels on location. I blacked out the inner walls of the cockpit while I applied decals. (Stickers loose their glue when they sit in a box in the garage for 5 years) and I found the wet paint to be a good substitute for the missing adhesive.

One area being the door to the cockpit as well as the corridor entry. I added padding with this thick rubbery adhesive rubber sheeting and sliced into panels on location. I blacked out the inner walls of the cockpit while I applied decals. (Stickers loose their glue when they sit in a box in the garage for 5 years) and I found the wet paint to be a good substitute for the missing adhesive.

Then I went beyond the sick bay doors and knocked that wall out as well. The compartment that housed the escape pod was a molded non functioning door so I scored it through as well to remove if but then I had another wall... So I continued to score away at it. With access to both sides relieved I now had this empty space with just the inner shell showing. I took a Jedi council floor panel and grafted it onto the existing platforms and painted it over for an approximate match. I still had some empty space and figured I would make this the engine room. With fodder parts and other Star Wars accessories I started to fill in with "machinery" to give this new space purpose. So now I have a completed interior with new detailing and added space! I also removed the single turret gun seat in the middle and replaced it with a ladder (not pictured).

details to follow!!! Until then enjoy the pics!!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks!! It was a long time coming. I had given it a weak overspray of black a couple years ago but this definitely needed to happen. I'd like to revisit some things and possibly do a second one... possibly preserve the electronics this time around... That's a lot of tinkering though for sure.

Reaction score
That Falcon looks amazing - fantastic weathering.

If I could ever get ahold of a BMF cheaply, I would try my hand at one of the prequel YT freighter color schemes. I've seen it done in Lego, but I haven't seen anyone repaint the big Hasbro one yet.

Reaction score
Right? I'm more of a classics man myself. While it was cool to see a horse of a different color for that second and a half I gotta stand behind my icons. I still remember getting my first '77 back in '92… It was a big christmas.

Reaction score
Oh, yeah. You'd have to have the classic Falcon first and foremost. I would only tackle the PT paint job if I had a *second* BMF. lol.

Reaction score
Hi mr Geek, is there a way to open up the rear without losing the lectronics? So to rearrange them, and open up the back panel like the two in the front?
Very nice project by the way! I find the looks very realistic and neatly done - which is not easy with wheathering.
I have done the outside too and am waiting to do the inside. I want extra lights added for the inside.
You can find it here: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1100128/
Fun to see the jedi temple part ;-) Enjoy the rest of this beautiful project!

Reaction score
Hi mr Geek, is there a way to open up the rear without losing the lectronics? So to rearrange them, and open up the back panel like the two in the front?
Very nice project by the way! I find the looks very realistic and neatly done - which is not easy with wheathering.
I have done the outside too and am waiting to do the inside. I want extra lights added for the inside.
You can find it here: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1100128/
Fun to see the jedi temple part ;-) Enjoy the rest of this beautiful project!
Weathering is definitely a process in itself. I find that working in more progressive layers does the trick nicely.

Keeping the electronics could possibly be a part of my next attempt. I just know that when I did this the first time it was to explore expanding the inside. You could probably take it to about 80% of what I've done here without disrupting electronics but I can't say how easy it would be to take apart and re-assemble in doing so. I've got 2 still boxed that I may sacrifice 1 to that effort. But it will be a commitment for sure.

Thanks,
GeekSummit

Reaction score
Great festering wokkets of splinge, GeekSummit! Amazing detailing and weathering!

Thanks! It was quite the undertaking it took the entire Original Trilogy to bring it to final presentation so its definitely a thing of pride to have it on top of my bookshelf. Had to pull a table top off of a folding table to give it a landing pad but it's pretty safe... so far.

Spooky... possibly look for additional pics in the near future. Just got my photo booth back up in the office. Need to experiment with a few things to get it set up for Friggin HUGE objects.