Custom Vehicles From The Star Wars Universe

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words. Sadly, the LED project pretty much destroyed the gunship. I had the idea to do it after the assembly, and the glue I was using spread white fumes everywhere, and I can't touch-up paint 'cause it was done with spraypaint.

However, this gives me an excuse to buy another one and re-do the project and do it right, getting the wiring and such done BEFORE re-assembly.

Again, thanks for the compliments. That's what all good customizers are after, right? Fishing for compliments is a valid reason for spending hundreds on toys, paints, and hours of time....isn't it?

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has scans/images of Aayla Secura's Starfighter from the Obsession Comic? I want to do a custom for her but I lost my copy in an accident.

Reaction score
coeli said:

I thought I would put my custom vehicle in here. I have a bunch more, just need to take pics of 'em!
I want to cry! That is just so beautiful! Is it strictly stationary or can the legs be moved on it?

Reaction score
All of the customs are AWESOME! Keep up the great work. A lot of creativity on these boards!

Reaction score
Kyle Katarn\'s Raven\'s Claw

Damn has it been 6months? Really? Granted its been busy with my brother's wedding, 2 job crazyness and the like, seeing that I suffer from a attention span of a small animal, honestly I's shocked I actually stuck with this.

For those of you not familiar with the Raven-
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Raven%27s_Claw
Reference pics I found:
http://digitalforgestudios.dhs.org/scratchbuilds/Raven2.bmp
http://digitalforgestudios.dhs.org/scratchbuilds/Raven3.bmp
http://digitalforgestudios.dhs.org/scratchbuilds/Raven4.bmp

So using the above pics I built mine. 100% scratch only stealing the cockpit from a scrap falcon for the Raven.
Item's used: Styrene (lots of it) computer mother board, funnels, 1 inch PVC tubing, CD spindle spacers, cross stitching screen, fishing floats, water 6pack yokes, deer car whisles, meal replacement containers, bits from models and toys. (zoids mostly)

Seeing that I FOUND my air brush- this is my last build till late winter. Till then I am finishing off the rest of the builds I have done with a [censored] coat of paint. And also building dios for my collection that aren't "airborne." (Doing a hoth, geonosis, endor, and taris/corscant)

The last pic shows the scale beside the falcon. My goal for the build was to build something that was faithful to the pics yet fit 2 pilots, and "blend" in with the rest of my collection. I found it was very easy to keep adding more and more detail to the ship, but like I said I wanted a "Hasbroish" playability, so I had to back off.

It still needs some putty and sanding but over all its done. I just couldn't wait to show you folks. Anyways, as they say "On with the show"

WARNING: Large Photos (about 1meg each) great for the detail hell on the download time

http://digitalforgestudios.dhs.org/scratchbuilds/ravenbuild01.bmp
http://digitalforgestudios.dhs.org/scratchbuilds/ravenbuild02.bmp
http://digitalforgestudios.dhs.org/scratchbuilds/ravenbuild03.bmp
http://digitalforgestudios.dhs.org/scratchbuilds/ravenbuild04.bmp
http://digitalforgestudios.dhs.org/scratchbuilds/ravenbuild05.bmp

Please give me your thoughts. I've spent to much time building the beast to change anything, but any thoughts can always be considered for future builds.
Cheers

Reaction score
Re: Kyle Katarn\'s Raven\'s Claw

I know you must've worked hard, but SHRINK THE PICS!

Reaction score

OH GOD! And they're BITMAPS! Arrrrggggg!!!! 4 minutes on a T1 line....

fix, or I will fix for you

Reaction score

dude... do something about the pics... not only are they HUGE but your server is WAY SLOW

Reaction score

HI REZ:

NOT:

REF:

BTW, this is some AWESOME work Rogueknight! I am always impressed by scratch-built ships, but this is also one of my favorites!

Have you done a 'Moldy Crow' as well?

Reaction score

Sorry guys I just pulled them right off my girlfriends camera and tossed them online, without putting them through photoshop or even checking the file size. I have reduced them now but....

P3NDR4GON thanks for the thumbs. (I should really learn this forum board options better)

Reaction score

Hey, no problem Rogueknight
I happen to have a fast compy & PhotoShop at my disposal, so i figured I'd try to help - instead of just b*tch about it.

After all, she's a VERY cool ship! I can't wait to see 'er painted!

Reaction score

you know, looking at the design of this ship it is basically the engines of Anakin's podracer with a cockpit attached--and that might actually be a pretty effective recipe.

[image]http://threads.rebelscum.com/photogallery/watermark.php?file=9724[/image]

great work on your scratch built!!

-Rash-

Reaction score

you know, looking at the design of this ship it is basically the engines of Anakin's podracer with a cockpit attached--and that might actually be a pretty effective recipe.

great work on your scratch built!!

-Rash-

Reaction score
Rogueknight, nice job on the Claw! I think that is the first time I have seen anyone tackle this one! You pulled it off! Great job! I like the use of the vintage MF cockpit piece. What did you use for the engines?
Darhtshanuk, that is an excellent first attempt! I never thought of papaer mache'! Is there going to be an interior? Can we get a photo that has a figure next to it for reference?

Reaction score
its not entirely papier mache. its got a balsa wood sub frame with a cardboard exterior and then i put paper mache over the top for a better surface to paint onto. unfortunately there wont be an exterior and the scale is roughly for the attacktix size figuirines as i dont have the space for a 3,3/4 inch figure scale at-te tank

Reaction score
I know I said I don't do custom vehicles, and that's essentially true . . . from a certain point of view. There's no way in Hell I could ever match the prowess of the customs I've seen on this thread. But I have figured out how to do one thing: put in windows so I don't have to dust the insides of my cockpits every time I spring-clean! And since I haven't seen anyone else post this kind of thing yet, here it is:

TIE Fighter hatch upgrade

And like just about all of my customs, they're so simple, anyone can do 'em!

Reaction score
Good Idea Beedo! It actually adds quite a bit to the overall look of a Tie. Now that you have gotten your first vehicle custom out of the way, go get yourself some styrene and start building some ships!

Reaction score
Thank 'e, mate!

As for building ships, you gotta be kidding! It took me a week to figure out how to do the Royal Guard I posted recently; I don't have the necessary 3D-planning-type mind for whole ships, let alone the time, space, or money for that kind of project! Thanks for the vote of confidence, really, and I mean that, but I know what my limitations are!

No, I'll just leave the impressive stuff to the big boys and satisfy myself with li'l guys in soft goods, kit-bashes, repaints, and the occasional double-glazing installation.

Reaction score

I finally got some paint on this thing! The interior still needs to be painted, but look for this thing to (maybe, depends on if he uses it!) to make an appearance in the Rykroff photonovels!

Reaction score
Neat!

When I first saw that image, I thought the round disk it was resting on was part of a hover-skirt or something!

Reaction score
First off, let me say it is great to see a custom vehicle thread here (I know, I know...I've been under a rock the last year or so
).

I'll just make a general KEWL to those posting here as this is one of the harder aspects of the customizing world, but one that I love. I had made a Jawa Sandscout (fan fiction) a year ago and relooked it over that last week or so. So here it is.

Jawa Sandscout: A smaller version of the Jawa Sandscrawler, the Jawas of Tatooine use this to scout the smaller canyons of the desert world, scavenging parts, droids, etc. and deliver them to the main Jawa camp.

inside the cockpit

The main base unit is from an Army Command Headquarters. I added the upper front section out of foamcore angled to the same specs as the Sandcrawler. The track is a rectangular foamcore base with wooden spools, dowels and cloth ribbon as the track. I supplemented it with styrene on the roofs and painted the whole thing with primer and weathered it.

Mike aka Sarge

Reaction score
Cool Vehicle Sarge! I could see this being used for mining on tattooine! You did a great job as far as the design, I could see this being something like those mini-rigs from the vintage line, just alot bigger. I like the little look out behind the cockpit, and that is cool how there are 2 loading ramps.
Could I suggest maybe a wash with a little bit of black paint, followed by a tan colored wash? I think that would really propel you into the 'Used Star Wars' look!

Reaction score
Great idea. I'll put that on the to-do list for this week and see what I can do.

Mike

Reaction score
Now you make me want to customize some Jawa Crusaders with crossbows and a battering ram.

Mike

Reaction score
Re: Custom AT-TT

Pretty cool, although you might want to resize some of your pics! They r---e----a---l---l----y stretch out the page.
I wonder how some republic logs would look on it? Maybe some weathering?

Reaction score

coeli said:
Pretty cool, although you might want to resize some of your pics! They r---e----a---l---l----y stretch out the page.
I wonder how some republic logs would look on it? Maybe some weathering?
I hate weathering. I refuse to do it, but I do not complain if it is on an official vehicle.

I would love to put 2 quarter coin sized logos on the rear of the command module, but I have no way to make them. Which really sucks because I need ep. IV style Imperial computer stickers for my custom Republic detention/Speeder testing facility.-

Reaction score

I copied the sticker sheet from the Darth Vader Jedi Starfighter. It has 4 quarter sized Imperial emblems(red). Would that help? I could email you a link of the scan??
Send me a PM about it.

Reaction score

Sweet Bail Speeder, and sweet AT-TT! (And I'm with you on the whole weathering thing, Octane, only it's because I'm not good at it and would make things look worse).

Reaction score
Reaction score
Re: Custom Mando Dropship

Hey people!

Wow! I'm loving these custom vehicles - thanks for sharing these images with us!

I love the Mando dropship, and the Tandem X-Wing!

It's very inspiring!