Custom Real Ghostbusters "Pre-Ecto" Ecto 1

Reaction score
I recently went to a local flea market and had my heart broken when I saw a beyond abused, missing next to everything Kenner Real Ghostbusters Ecto 1. after talking with the owner I was able to pick up the beater Ecto for $5.00 with the promise to try and fix her up and give her to a good loving home... Mine :D

I tracked down a few of the parts needed to restore her (doors) and turned her into this: the Pre-Ecto. I had to rebuild the roof as it was completely missing (I guess he tried to build something with it or it decayed. I used Plexiglas and epoxy resin to rebuild the roof, pill capsules and a top my Kids applesauce container for the lights on top. I used some auto putty as well on the body and left it kinda pitted and dented to give it as close to a feel as the car appeared in Ghostbusters. Basically spent about $15 dollars on the supplies to fix her so not bad for $30 total (doors cost $10 for a pair). I'm happy with the results!

"You Can't Park that here!"

"Everyone can relax I found the car!"

Utinniii

Reaction score
Looks great! I'm glad you saved it.

I'm really happy with my purchase of Oyumaru. It allows me to make molds of things I wouldn't have wanted to spend the mold-material cost of. Since it is reusable, I can make a large mold, use it once, and then melt it down again. With the amount of customizing you do, I think you will get your money's worth of it.

Reaction score
That's an awesome job and a custom I can't remember having seen done before!

Reaction score
Looks great! I'm glad you saved it.

I'm really happy with my purchase of Oyumaru. It allows me to make molds of things I wouldn't have wanted to spend the mold-material cost of. Since it is reusable, I can make a large mold, use it once, and then melt it down again. With the amount of customizing you do, I think you will get your money's worth of it.
I want to look into that some more. I've been dying to try making molds etc.

That's an awesome job and a custom I can't remember having seen done before!
thanks... I've always wanted to have a better version of the pre-ecto so since this one was in extreme sorry shape the opportunity arose. I'm currently working on a more screen accurate version of both the Ecto 1 and Ecto 1A and I'm thinking I might try and make a RGB version of the new Ecto 1 from the 2016 reboot.

Reaction score
What a great idea for a flea market find on a beater toy. Gave it a whole new life and a new way to be appreciated. Looks good as well. Idea and execution both well done.