Custom items for Lego

mec

Reaction score
I looked over the pages here and dont see any for custom items, unless it goes under customs in general where most I saw were figures.

So I decided to make a new pod racer.
If you look closely to the Chima's Flying Phoenix Fire Temple.
The spires (wings/towers) look like inverted engines on a pod racer.
With some major modifications, I was able to change turn it into a podracer. (had to add some technic support and some other variations to get it right.
The engines are about the same size as Sebulba's racer.

I would say post your custom Star Wars items here.

Reaction score

Since someone started a customs thread for LEGO, I thought I would submit a few pics of a recent project of mine. I won't say what it is in hopes that someone who has seen the movie the car was featured in recognizes what it's supposed to be.

Reaction score

Since someone started a customs thread for LEGO, I thought I would submit a few pics of a recent project of mine. I won't say what it is in hopes that someone who has seen the movie the car was featured in recognizes what it's supposed to be.
Death Race? Don't hate me if I'm wrong.

Reaction score
No, not Death Race. It's from the movie "Harold and Maude". Harold buys a Hearse in a junkyard. Later his Mother has the "monstrosity" towed away and she buys him a Jaguar. He takes a blowtorch to it and modifies it into a Hearse. It's probably my favorite movie car. This is what I was shooting for. I was pretty happy with it since I did without placing a Bricklink order.

Last edited:
Reaction score
This is a great thread I would love to see more custom builds.
I saw a Griswold family station wagon custom that I would love to try and build also one day.
Ian

Reaction score
I'll be first to admit to building an array of 'Custom' items, including my more recent projects. These recent undertakings are big projects, one is a Republic Commando helmet bearing the markings of one of my Republic commando OCs. The other project, well that has a whole story, it is an Iron Man bust....

Here is the story-

So, I was in my basement one night, thinking of what to build. The previous idea was blasted to bits when the Black Sabbath song 'Iron Man' came on the radio.

Therefore, I gathered up as many red and yellow bricks as I could and the building began. In a total of six to seven hours over two days, the helmet was built and the final helmet is roughly the size of my head. The rest of it is not coming together as quickly, but the hardest aspect will be working out what to do about the arc reactor.....The only light-brick that I own is red, the arc reactor is blue in the movies!

However, I will find a way to get it to light up, even if requires digging out one of my LED flashlights to do it! There you go, the beginning of my (second) biggest building project to date!

(For the photo, the helmet was resting on a block of Styrofoam as I am still working on the neck)

And pics, of course-

I'll try to get pics of the Republic commando helmet once there is more built. I plan on that helmet being one I can wear, so far, it fits.