Custom Gentle Giant Jumbos?

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has seen any customs using the Gentle Giant figures themselves? I can imagine they'd be difficult to paint due to them being rotocasted vinyl.

Reaction score
I've never seen any... but I'd LOVE to see some!
Back in 2013* - I sent Dev Gilmore some custom shots that were done in the 3 3/4 range, with the link to a YouTuber called ACTIONJACKMAN, in case GGLTD ever decided to go that route for fun or non-canon GGLTD exclusives.

This Greedo custom would certainly be possible today using jumbo parts - for anyone brave enough to alter 2 quite expensive figures...
*Han Bespin wasn't available in early 2013.

GREEDO - made using HAN BESPIN torso and legs. Greedo arms, legs, head and a repaint. I suppose you could adjust the paint to your own liking.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_M3EKDrdos

The other was a pet favourite of mine: STORMTROOPER LUKE, customised with a Boba Fett neck and using the original ANH Farmboy Luke HS but brown haired. I've always disliked the no-neck, bean-head of the POTF Luke sculpt.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Decided to make the Cloud Car Pilot as a jumbo. I can't wait for the remote chance that GGLTD will ever go back to TESB and complete the last remaining jumbos, so will do them myself.
(The last ESB figure was 2-1B in 2014 to my knowledge.)

The shots added here are unpainted, grey supersculpey - without the seam lines yet or neck peg.

Will also tackle Bespin Guard version A and probably some of Jabba's aliens if I see nothing from GGLTD by end of 2018-19.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Could Car Pilot head looks great! Can't wait to see that Bespin Guard!

Decided to make the Cloud Car Pilot as a jumbo. I can't wait for the remote chance that GGLTD will ever go back to TESB and complete the last remaining jumbos, so will do them myself.

The shots added here are unpainted, grey supersculpey - without the seam lines yet or neck peg.

Will also tackle Bespin Guard version A and probably some of Jabba's aliens if I see nothing from GGLTD by end of 2018-19.

Reaction score
Thanks for the vote of confidence, Seb!
Yeah - I really enjoyed making this and definitely want to do a great job on the Bespin Guard too.
He's a very simple looking grey blob right now, once the detailing is added I'll add some photos on here.

The hardest part of the CC Pilot was getting the helmet ridges as straight and even as possible.
I had to make my own tool to scrape each ridge evenly - it took 4 tries before I was satisifed.

Any luck locating your POTF Emperor yet?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah I got two responses. Thundercraker was the first one to offer to buy it for me at no charge. And I have a back-up just in case. I'll let you know when I get my hands on the figure!

Any luck locating your POTF Emperor yet?

Reaction score

Your work is pretty darn good. Please keep the photos coming.

Reaction score
Any progress on those figures? You should have the Cloud Car Pilot pretty close to complete by now?

Reaction score
You boil them a few minutes in hot water. Heads and limbs come off with minimum effort. Works on small figures, but I never tested on jumbos.

How does one removed the arms and legs without breaking anything? I have a few ideas I want to bring to life but am afraid to break em