Custom case for Illusive Concepts Yoda

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the best place to post or not but here goes.

I've been thinking about getting a custom acrylic display case made for my Illusive Concepts Yoda (#37 / 9,500):

I was looking on eBay at other Yodas and many of them are in terrible shape (tears, holes, decay, etc).

Mine is still in excellent shape and I'm wondering if putting it into an acrylic case would actually cause it to dry out and crack. Anyone have any experience in putting items like this in acrylic cases? What would be the best display option for this. It's starting to get up there in age and I'd like to make sure nothing happens to it.

Reaction score
I don't have any advice I can pass on but maybe check out some Movie Prop forums. A lot of real prop masks are made of latex and I would imagine they have knowledge on how to preserve them. Good luck!

Reaction score
Mine is in bad shape...color fading, hair falling out...humidity took a toll on the glue as well.
Not sure if this is the best place to post or not but here goes.

I've been thinking about getting a custom acrylic display case made for my Illusive Concepts Yoda (#37 / 9,500):

I was looking on eBay at other Yodas and many of them are in terrible shape (tears, holes, decay, etc).

Mine is still in excellent shape and I'm wondering if putting it into an acrylic case would actually cause it to dry out and crack. Anyone have any experience in putting items like this in acrylic cases? What would be the best display option for this. It's starting to get up there in age and I'd like to make sure nothing happens to it.

Reaction score
I made a case for mine (not air tight, but pretty close) about 5yrs ago. I opened it up just now to check it out for you. Still in great shape, although the right ear has hardened. I think that's normal for the material, regardless on how it is stored.

Good luck and be sure to post some pics.

Reaction score
Bobo that looks great!

I got my case today and I am very happy with it.

Reaction score
That IC Yoda is in great shape. Mine was too once, but Father Time is undefeated and the head on mine started cracking a couple years ago. Covering it like you did and low humidity should do a pretty good job for several more years for ya, but paint on latex will always be paint on latex.