Custom 3 3/4 scale Tantive IV

Reaction score
As many of you reading this thread may have thought to yourselves "I wonder what a hasbro style blockade runner would look like?" I've taken the liberty of going on that journey - build a 3 3/4 scale blockade runner. I knew hasbro would NEVER produce what I had in mind for what I'd want in a Blockade Runner, so I decided to build it. Simple.
(Not really ;))

This project was started a month ago, mapping out the ship, and working out how I was going to do this was a big part of the battle over the last four weeks. I poured over various interpretations of deck plans - some of which contradict other plans to the point of downright confusion. So I took elements from all of those sources and distilled what I believe are the best features of the Tantive IV into one unified floorplan that makes sense as a toy. So this blockade runner is two obvious things A) not to scale by a long shot. My blockade runner will be over 10 feet, while a scale "replica" complete with two dozen cabins, 6 hygiene areas, a chapel, two mess halls, massive storage spaces including all of the known movie-areas, all fitting in a ship that would be 15 to 17 feet in length. And B, due to the lack of screen time of this ship, MANY of the off screen areas that I would like to add are purely logical speculation, imagination and interpretation - keep these things in mind.

Working off an illustrated plan made things so much better, I'm 100% certain that I'd never accomplish what I have so far, without it. Was a big learning experience - always plan ahead of what you want to do!

I'm giving myself a full year to make this right, so please join me as this dream becomes a reality! Thanks for reading, critique, comments and suggestions are always welcome!

Photos will be apart of the updates, I just need to create a photobucket for my Tantive IV build and we're off to the races. I will leave you with some spec details that will be incorporated into the build:

10.4 feet long from bridge to engine thrusters. Four decks - including areas such as bridge, med bay/bacta rehab, conference forum, dining mess, senator suite, captain and officer cabins, computer room, 8 escape pods with access tunnels, 4 armored turret pods with access points, a sensor array dish and control room, main L hallway and airlock (hallway runs the length of rhe ship to the bridge), 3 working elevators, small hanger and airspeeder, engineering, a boarding module in the belly and 5 robust landing gear that retract into the armored hual.

Ship will be fully lit externally and internally with LEDs, soundboard with movie lines and sounds, loads of hand sculpted terminals, chairs, and other equipment and fixtures, weapons lockers, hidden panels and storage spaces, and even customized key figures will be added. All to be rounded out by a realistic and authentic looking paint job!
See you soon!
cyborg_jawa

Last edited:
Reaction score
Wow, that's a big one! But will be very interesting to follow your progress :)

Photobucket? Didn't that place "die"? I moved away from them and I know a lot of other people did. Imgur is what I am using, but there are other alternatives.

Reaction score
Wow, that's a big one! But will be very interesting to follow your progress :)

Photobucket? Didn't that place "die"? I moved away from them and I know a lot of other people did. Imgur is what I am using, but there are other alternatives.
Yes, it wil be enormous! But my first few deck maps were simply too small and crammed to make it look good. So bigger is certainly better in this case.

I'm not to up to date with the latest photo uploaders but the bucket was the first thing I thought of. As long as I can host a good navigatable album, I'm fine with them. Thanks for your interest in the project - hope to get your feedback and oppinions as the build progresses!

Reaction score
Thanks for checking out my project plan everyone. Now that the holidays are finished and we enter into a new year - i can frequently update you folks on this truly much anticipated dream project of mine, and hopefully yours! Photos and illustrated plans coming soon, hold tight.

Reaction score
Here is the first update. The first pic is put up for a chuckle! But I needed to work out scaling for the build and wanted to see what it would look like length-wise and what kind of space I could work with.

Then I realized I needed to go bigger. The hammerhead (orange one) was too small and seemed rather crammed considering the desired functionality I wanted to implement. The next photos show a longer neck and larger hammerhead, using larger buckets for the base of the shapes. Buckets were also used for the cylinders which will eventually house the mounted twin cannons. And then eventually everything was tightened together using nuts/bolts and gorilla glue along the seems to hold things in place. I even cut the viewport for the bridge which shows a sense of size internally for all sorts of space to work with . Hope you enjoy!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sorry, here are the pics uploaded again, they can't be opened when uploaded as a group for whatever reason

Figured it out, needed to link to original pic. See you at the next update!

Last edited:
Reaction score
After Easter you need to buy a lot of giant Kinder Eggs for the capsules. You will need them!

That's a great idea - I was looking at the Maxi XL eggs Kinder has and I'm thinking they could do the trick. Just think they might be a tad to small. If there are bigger ones I will definitely get them. This was the idea for the basic form that I need;

Big enough for 2-3 characters and room enough for seats, console, viewport etc But I like those eggs, will def get my hands on some and see what I can do. Thanks!

Reaction score
An ambitious project, without doubt. Looking forward to seeing more.

Utinniii

Reaction score
That's a great idea - I was looking at the Maxi XL eggs Kinder has and I'm thinking they could do the trick. Just think they might be a tad to small. If there are bigger ones I will definitely get them. This was the idea for the basic form that I need;

Big enough for 2-3 characters and room enough for seats, console, viewport etc But I like those eggs, will def get my hands on some and see what I can do. Thanks!
I was thinking they could be used for the interior, where Leia was and not escape pods.

Reaction score
Bam! New update coming at ya!

I'm gonna make the updates a weekly thing, maybe a Saturday or a Sunday since I don't work on those days. I also do most of my building on the weekend - so keep an eye out if you're interested in this project.
OK on with the pics. I did a lot of work this weekend - I refined the bridge/hammerhead further and decided to open the top so there will be a LED mounted flip up canopy (there will also be one over the neck section as well (this is were the medical bay/bacta rehab will be - deck 3)

Also Started work on the mid section. Not satisfied with the size, but it's workable for now. Worked out were the mid-ship elevator will be - and this elevator will reach all decks, including liea's senator suite (deck 4) and also Engineering (deck 1 in belly) Thanks for checking out the project. See ya next week!

Reaction score
Here's a new update to the Rebel Blockade Runner custom vehicle;

Did a lot of work today - much of it still in the rough stages. But I think it's coming along nicely. The sheer size and room to work with within the haul I'm very happy with. Was kinda racing to get the main sections hammered out so they are recognizable and serviceable for now. I also came up with a magnet system and utilized that today by making the sections fit together and yield a very blockade runner feel to the overall haul already. It's sturdy, about 30 lbs and can be picked up as one piece without any problems. The magnets are VERY powerful. They should work fantastically with the weight I'm eventually adding to the overall build. Enjoy the pics, see you next week!

Was toying with canopy ideas and this was an idea I had for the one over the neck section - were I'd like to put a medical bay.

Reaction score
Forgot to upload a shot of the haul in it's entirety. Some of the pics are a tad blurry, apologies for that - was in a hurry to get stuff done and snapped some pics quickly. But pics will be better as I get into the detail and take my time. Bye for now!

Reaction score
Nice! This is coming along really fast and looking great!

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words guys. I did more work today but I'm beat and will upload today's work plus next weeks work sometime next weekend. Yes to both speculations - buckets are working amazingly well right now! I needed something big, light and of course, cylindrical. The large sized Canadian Tire ones I was looking at and pondering over for a week before I said screw it, lets give'r a shot. I also wanted to do a sort of workable shell or skeleton of the overall haul of the ship. It seemed like if I had the basic geometries of the ship down, then I could work off that. The great part about it is that it can be broken down into pieces for easy transportation and set up due to a sturdy magnet system. And I'm hoping to implement them to it's completion. See you guys next week MTFBWY!

Reaction score
This is the new update for January 28. This includes work that was done over 3 separate days. Was wanting to expanded the floor space within the mid-section - because there is a LOT going on in there. Needed to make room for escape pod/ armored pod turret access ways along with the main hall which connects all areas like the computer room and access point where vader chokes out Antilles. On the 3rd deck, we have the conference forum, elevator as well as a hallway which extends to the L hallway and airlock. So there's going to be room for everything. The service corridor is also on deck 3 and that runs along the main L hallway. It took a little while to map all this out but it's going to look pretty cool!

The flooring for deck 2 is rough, just wanted to see if my floor plan would fit and played around with some ideas

Anyways, the work aside from the mid-ship expansion was work on the boarding/cargo ramp and also work on the airlock and heights for decks. While this is smaller than it should be, there was an agreeable compromise with the width and height for the main "L" hallway access. It looks good and will be even better when it's lit and the walls containing the power component boxes are fitted.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just a quick word on updates - been very busy these past few weeks. The tricky part is getting areas accessible for wiring without having to gut anything to redo something. So lots of planning before anything becomes concrete. Engines have been started and the cluster will be beautiful and MASSIVE. Landing gear are worked out on paper and will be strong and sturdy. Will be back on the horse soon. Endless thanks to those who are interested in this exciting project - can't wait to get started again! Later

Reaction score
Just a quick word on updates - been very busy these past few weeks. The tricky part is getting areas accessible for wiring without having to gut anything to redo something. So lots of planning before anything becomes concrete. Engines have been started and the cluster will be beautiful and MASSIVE. Landing gear are worked out on paper and will be strong and sturdy. Will be back on the horse soon. Endless thanks to those who are interested in this exciting project - can't wait to get started again! Later
Something this grand and serious is always exciting to follow! Can't wait for updates :) but take your time.

Reaction score
The “L” hallway looks really cool from the outside! Keep going!

Reaction score
Ahhhhhh.......I think it's Canadian Tire. Pretty funny though. Love to see scale builds. Keep the updates coming!

Reaction score
Bumping this thread in the hope of an update on this incredible project.

Or, in the very least, an update on the anal tires.