Curious about Hole in the Ground Productions - Starfighter ladders

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've looked at Hole in the Ground productions offerings several times in the past, but never did get around to ordering anything. I really only have minor experience with painting custom stuff, so I was always a little hesitant to get anything. Recently I got the Rogue One Xwing from Target, and was looking at the Starfighter ladders Hole in the Ground offers.

I was wondering if anyone who has these could provide any feedback on them? I'm assuming painting them would be pretty straightforward. Just a few coats of a spray on paint? Thanks for any responses or suggestions

Reaction score
Painting resin is fairly easy. I always use a primer coat which can be an automotive spray can: both the sandable and no sanding needed kind of primer. Works on resin, PLA 3D printing plastic, and various action figure injection moulded plastics.

Reaction score
I own a lot of his stuff. Not sure what resin he uses. I use two part polyurethanes myself because I like it to feel like harder plastic feel.

I've been mostly happy. There is cleanup required, but nothing beyond basic model kit skill levels.

Reaction score
I've bought a few extension ladders for my tie fighers at maraudersinc. Really good quality for $2.50.

I've always wondered what Luke does with his ladder before leaving Dagobah lol.

Reaction score
I purchased the Generator Boxes (nice and solid), the Light Droid, the Gantry (which is perhaps my favorite thing right now), the Hoth Troop Transport/speeder, and if I had more money to spend on stuff like this I'd buy just about everything because it's all excellent.

I'm not a model builder/painter either. I bought simple stuff that was easy to deal with. The Gantry was a bit more expert than I would normally go for, but any serious hangar dio needs at least one.

Reaction score
I’ve had my eyes on that gantry for a while…

Reaction score
I’ve had my eyes on that gantry for a while…

It's definitely a great offering, but I will admit a pain to put together. The railing is all SLA 3d printed and I spent over an hour removing all the supports and had to practice caution as the railing itself is rather fragile by comparison....that and the support material was a similar diameter in some places so you have to be sure not to remove anything incorrectly.

I wasn't a huge fan of the way the "legs" went together. Seems like it was designed to be easy to produce rather than assemble

Reaction score
It's definitely a great offering, but I will admit a pain to put together. The railing is all SLA 3d printed and I spent over an hour removing all the supports and had to practice caution as the railing itself is rather fragile by comparison....that and the support material was a similar diameter in some places so you have to be sure not to remove anything incorrectly.

I wasn't a huge fan of the way the "legs" went together. Seems like it was designed to be easy to produce rather than assemble
Agreed. The supports were quite extensive, but I think your last line is exactly the point. It was made so it was easy to produce.

I don't want 3D printing things to be any more expensive.

Reaction score
Agreed. The supports were quite extensive, but I think your last line is exactly the point. It was made so it was easy to produce.

I don't want 3D printing things to be any more expensive.
I believe only the railing is 3d print. The rest of the components are casted in what I assume is a PVC based resin