CTF 2012 Fall - Ahh Vintage you will be missed....hurry back

Reaction score
And it sucked, although not so badly that I can fork over $85 to replace it.

We should all split the cost of one of those digital printers and start selling stuff ourselves.

Reaction score
Where do you put something like that?

As for 3D printers, Staples sells one, though I'm sure it's one of the cheaper ones that doesn't have good resolution.

One of my friends just bought a $3000 one.. so, we'll see how that works out.

Reaction score
I got my Canadian cases today. I guess I am caught up (except for Star Tours) for a few months.

Reaction score
Outside of the SDCC Fett set and Mara Jade and Darth Plagius 3 3/4 figs...not a damn thing coming out.

All of Hasbro is dead...TF, Joe and SW. Personally I think Disney will own Hasbro soon.

Reaction score
I lied...the vintage packaging Slave 1 and TIE Interceptor are too **** not to own.

Reaction score
Read a report that the Malgus wave was hitting 5 Below. Went and checked McHenry, Crystal Lake, and Algonquin locations. They were all hit and Malgus and black Naval guy were already gone. Did get a couple of Hoth Lukes for $5 though.

Reaction score
Looks like Black line Wedge has been added to the TRU X-Wing.
Oh hey look the first 6 inch vehicle wedge1968 ;)

Reaction score
Wait, what? What did I miss? I haven't slept since SDCC ended because I've been refreshing HTS.

Isn't the Toys R Us X-Wing Biggs's ship? Does it come with a figure? What is this talk of six inch?

Reaction score
Hello hello hello Chi-Town folks. It's been a while and I'm definitely missing the forums. Been a year and a half since my move to Texas, and the collecting community down here in Houston totally sux. If you want a good laugh... take a look at the Houston Area Report... it's like tumbleweed. Stores are barren, conventions are BSG & Star Trek focused, and there's no community for collecting here. How are things back up in Chi-town? Are the pegs full of wonderful plastic? Anyway, I just wanted to say "Hi" to all of y'all.

Reaction score
Nothing but Crickets and Tumbleweed here in Chicago.... Target is replacing pegs of vintage with pegs for those 5 POA Figures that blow chunks... The end of an era is near... Save yourself!!!

X

Hello hello hello Chi-Town folks. It's been a while and I'm definitely missing the forums. Been a year and a half since my move to Texas, and the collecting community down here in Houston totally sux. If you want a good laugh... take a look at the Houston Area Report... it's like tumbleweed. Stores are barren, conventions are BSG & Star Trek focused, and there's no community for collecting here. How are things back up in Chi-town? Are the pegs full of wonderful plastic? Anyway, I just wanted to say "Hi" to all of y'all.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Wait, what? What did I miss? I haven't slept since SDCC ended because I've been refreshing HTS.

Isn't the Toys R Us X-Wing Biggs's ship? Does it come with a figure? What is this talk of six inch?
I thought I saw a listing of the X-Wing with Biggs.

6 inch Speeder Bike!

Reaction score
To everything I have seen the Biggs Xwing is 3 3/4"...there are no vehicles at this time for 6" Im 99.9% sure.

Reaction score
I found the Black collection 3 & 3/4. Target in Algonquin. Kind of disappointed. Scout Trooper and Padme were good. Luke...not so much. Bought him any way. Biggs was even more hokey looking IMO.

Legos also on clearance. 30% off SW. 70% off (I've never seen 70% off on Legos before) many other good Lego lines. Stocked up for Christmas and Birthdays.

Reaction score
TRU in Matteson had the whole wave this afternoon. But, man...not a looker in the bunch. Already have the perfect Ceremony Luke and Biggs customized and definitely don't need another Biker. Maybe next time, Black Collection.

Reaction score
I really wanted that SDCC Fett and Han carbo.. but no luck. Oh well. I got my Jumbo Yack Face today and he is pretty awesome. I really miss you guys and our meetings.. we are talking about moving back to Illinois but I need to find a job down there first.... anyone know if there are any decent jobs down there? I will be making a Facebook thingie here soon so I can actually read and contribute since no one really posts here anymore... OH.. if anyone knows how I can get my hands on that Boba Fett Visor hat from the Disney store or the SDCC Black Fett LMK...

Reaction score
I don't understand the panic over SDCC Fett. Unless you are a MOC collector he is coming out at retail without Han. Then of course they stated carbonite Han will come out again.

Reaction score
Im a Fett collector.. the other release of Fett will be the ROTJ and I love the ESB... he comes WITH Han Carbo and the packaging is really awesome! This is also the initial release and Im a sucker for that kinda thing... Im pretty sure I can come up with a few more reasons... : p

Reaction score
Looking for a few random figures. Loose or MOC is fine but as long as they are mint and complete with great paint apps loose is fine.

Leia Boushh (SOTE or POTF)
Leia Boushh (Saga)
Leia Boushh (Vintage)

Boba Fett - Evolutions? What is the most accurate and best 3 3/4" figure do you think?

Also if anyone has -
MOSC Vintage Luke Stormtroper
MINT Loose Vintage Luke Stormtrooper
MOSC Vintage Han Carbonite
MINT Loose Vintage Han Solo Carbonite

Reaction score
Aurora TRU has the X-wing. $59.99 is waaaay too much!!!! Even with a 20% off coupon I thought it was too much so I didn't get one.
They also had black series figures. They scotch taped the edges of the cards to prevent them coming loose.

Reaction score
If anyone sees a Mara Jade from the Black Series...Id be really grateful!!

Reaction score
spending the weekend in Schaumburg and came across a few things. Golf/Mil TRU has the 31" 501st trooper & Geonosis figure packs. TRU also has a new Yoda backpack which is pretty cool. Gold/Mil Target had an interesting find which I took to customer service. They had the TRU exclusive Kul Teska figure on the shelf so I took it to a scanner to see what it would say. It rang up as a 6" Darth Maul....I then noticed a upc was taped to the bottom of the package. Like I said, I took I customer service where they guy took off the tape and saw it wasn't right. Not sure what they will do with it, but I felt I did a good deed.

Reaction score
Managed a surprise good score today. Was at Savers in Lake Zurich and found a loose BMF Falcon (minus figures) for $34.99, a Turbotank complete for $14.99. Left the AT-TE at $17.99 for someone else. There were also other starships, etc. there, someone must have just done some BIG housecleaning!

Haven't seen a LOT of new stuff around here, hoping TJ and Marshalls gets some stuff at discount soon!

Reaction score
Hey fellas... Im back living in the Streamwood area.. looong story. Jimmy... need to get ahold of you asap.. need some vintage and I know ur usually the guy so. Good to be home... cant wait to see the ol gang again.

Reaction score
Hey fellas... Im back living in the Streamwood area.. looong story. Jimmy... need to get ahold of you asap.. need some vintage and I know ur usually the guy so. Good to be home... cant wait to see the ol gang again.
I've been holding those minty C9 -C10 figures for you. Give me a call or send me an e-mail (or better, join up on Facebook with your CTF brothers).

CTF homies - we should get together!

Reaction score
Got Plagueis...done for the foreseeable future. Maybe the new movies will herald the return of Vintage Collection. Still need to get a Han Carbonite, Leia Boussh and Luke Stormtrooper (love a Han Stormtrooper) to finish of my want list.