CTF 2012 Fall - Ahh Vintage you will be missed....hurry back

Reaction score
Well - I hit the South Elgin TRU for the BOGO. I picked up nom anor and the realistic clone wars Anakin (who is way cooler then I expected with ball jointed wrists). If you need Nom Anor there were 2-3 of them restocked when I looked this morning and they still had wedge if you need him.

Reaction score
Does anyone have any interest in these types of stands? I have some extras. Rather sell to you guys than ebay. They are the 3.75" and 6" 'tube' stands. CC-5 for $2 each and CC-14 for $3 each. I will deal.

Star Wars Supplies

Last edited:
Reaction score
Newly appointed faculty advisor for the student CosPlay group. Meets at the school. Any of you guys want to join up and do some customizing after the meeting? Higa, I might need your help. Next stop: student trip to Comic Con SD ;).

Reaction score
Does everyone have their seats for Toy Fair (my favorite holiday of the year)? I am expecting reduced articulation across the board from Hasbro (following their Iron Man 3 model). Still, I can't wait to see where all of my money will be going this year.

Reaction score
Here we go...no more Vintage :( New 3 3/4" is Black Series...meh. Wish I would have got a Leia Boushh, Han Carbonite and Luke/Han Stormtrooper before it ended.

SA XWing Biggs and Mara Jade are the only remotely tempting ones. Maybe the Biker Scout but cant really see why we need a new one.

Slave I and TIE Interceptor TVC Packaging Ill get.....

And I guess thats that. Meh, I guess Ill save money till the 2015 line :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well...at least we have Kane County to look forward to. Here is a "dope beat" update from our fearless leader, T Pain:

edit: (link deleted) Sorry, Facebook exclusive song "Hey Guys"

Lyrics:
Hey Guys...
I just wanted to let you know that-
Hey Guys...
I just wanted to let you know that-
The April 28th show, we need to have our...
The April 28th show, we need to have our...
contract turned in by March 1st, so let's start talking about what we want to do
contract turned in by March 1st, so let's start talking about what we want to do
Hey Guys
I just want to let you know that-
...Hey Guys!

Last edited:
Reaction score
LOL Jimmy... that was supposed to be a facebook exclusive.. :$
Biggs Xwing, Slave 1 with Carbonite(hope it's the big one), Scanning crew pack(like the Kmart ewoks), and a handful of vintage-style "black" figures. Oh, and a gunship TRU exclusive.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Here's TNIs report:

Star Wars presentation begins.

- 6" Black Series with Luke Skywalker X-Wing, They are working with Gentle Giant on the sculpts for these.

- New packaging, 8 figures for 2013. New figures revealed are Darth Maul with double bladed lightsaber and removable robe, R2-D2 with all the cool stuff, jet pack, probe, ect. Sandtrooper.

- Also be 3.75" Black series with Anakin Skywalker, Clone Trooper, Biker Scout (From TRU exclusive) Vader with 2 hands, one with Han Solo's blaster). Clone Pilot, Luke Yavin Ceremony with proper blaster. Also Padme and Biggs Darklighter.

- Wave 2 will see Mara Jade, Stormtrooper, Pablo-Jill, R2-D2.

- Saga Legends 3.75 figures with 5 points of articulation and low price point. 12 Figures.

- Mission Series $9.99 2-pack for 3.75" line. includes among others Darth Vader and Seeker, Anakin (Sith) 501st Trooper. Also with 5 points of articulation.

- Vehicles Class II, Anakin Jedi Star Fighter from Revenge of the Sith. Smaller low price point vehicles.

- Anakin, Clone Trooper, Obi-Wan and Vader for their 12" line.

- Anakin To Darth Vader with lights and sounds. Can turn the 12" figure from Anakin to Skywalker. Lightsaber turns from blue to red when you put the Vader mask on and phrases change from ROTS phrases to ANH phrases.

- Battle of Geonosis Vintage Republic Gunship will be TRU Exclusive. With Yoda, Turrets, Clone Pilot and Clone Trooper.

- Biggs X-Wing in Vintage Package coming to TRU.

- Darth Vader Origins Target Exclusive.

- Scanning Crew Pack, Competes the seen coming to Kmart and Vintage Ewok Catapult set with 2-Ewoks.

- Online Darth Vader Evolutions set.

- Amazon.com exclusive Tie Interceptor Vintage Packaging and Slave-1 with Carbonite Han Solo.

- More Angry Birds sets coming including a Star Destroyer.

- Black series SDCC exclusive Boba Fett teased. No details.

Reaction score
WELL... I just started collecting, just the vintage star wars that first came out. Now being around here, I finally hear about the modern vintage star wars and been going to my local walmarts, targets, toysrus, etc. SLim pickings for the most part,, I;d say the best selection was Kmart lol Tho i was surprised Meijer has the most plentiful stock but nothing of the vintage collection I been looking for lol figures thats what i get for learning about this collection lol

Reaction score
Welcome!

I did a toy run this weekend and found a couple of clearance 3 packs (droids) at Target for $7.48 and two Naboo Royal Guards for $2.98. Nothing much else. I was disappointed. Checked WM and TRU as well as Targets.

WELL... I just started collecting, just the vintage star wars that first came out. Now being around here, I finally hear about the modern vintage star wars and been going to my local walmarts, targets, toysrus, etc. SLim pickings for the most part,, I;d say the best selection was Kmart lol Tho i was surprised Meijer has the most plentiful stock but nothing of the vintage collection I been looking for lol figures thats what i get for learning about this collection lol

Reaction score
Hey u did better than me! haha Target,, just doesnt have nada, empty pegs of Vintage stuff, they had other stuff but i didtn even pay attention because its not what i want.. and then to top it off, they had 2 employees in the aisle stock and putting things and order and they had already passed over the Star Wars section so i think that was really telling.

Welcome!

I did a toy run this weekend and found a couple of clearance 3 packs (droids) at Target for $7.48 and two Naboo Royal Guards for $2.98. Nothing much else. I was disappointed. Checked WM and TRU as well as Targets.

Reaction score
I am in the same boat. Slim pickings for sure. I think we came in after the party is over. :/

I also missed out on the target clearance. I think most of the figures sold at $7 but if they made it to 2.98 damn... I did find one but that was it.

Good note on checking Meijer though, I will have to check that out.

Reaction score
I am in the same boat. Slim pickings for sure. I think we came in after the party is over. :/

I also missed out on the target clearance. I think most of the figures sold at $7 but if they made it to 2.98 damn... I did find one but that was it.

Good note on checking Meijer though, I will have to check that out.

Yea, I mean i dunno whats up, i been reading up and looks like Target cancelled or will be canceling their STar Wars offering? ToysRUs i mean i dunno empty pegs. In fact empty pegs seems to be the catch phrase for now lol

I wasnt aware TJ Maxx and Marshalls carry toys, where abouts in the store do they have them?

Meijer, i gotta say this about them, the three i been in, all the PEgs had stuff on them. and I was surpirsed to find those few sandtroopers.

I ended up getting five guards on Ebay, because I dunno about running around looking for them all the time.

Reaction score
TJ Maxx, Marshalls and Ross: Dress for Less have a small toys section, usually on the back wall near the kids clothes. Some bigger TJ Maxx have a Home goods section and have toys near there. They beef them up around the holidays, some haveing extra aisles of toys, but then usually back down to the small back wall afterwards. They are very hit and miss, sometimes you find gems, sometimes you find 6 year old peg warmers, lol.

Right now TRU has a sale on figs going on, though the two stores I hit, had little to no figures at all. They're on sale for $5 and buy one get one for 50% off on SW figures. Sadly, I don't need any Vintage Qui-gons, Naboo Guards or CW aquadroids, as that's all my stores had(toysrus.com has the same sale, and a little better of a selection).

Last edited:
Reaction score
TJ Maxx, Marshalls and Ross: Dress for Less have a small toys section, usually on the back wall near the kids clothes. Some bigger TJ Maxx have a Home goods section and have toys near there. They beef them up around the holidays, some haveing extra aisles of toys, but then usually back down to the small back wall afterwards. They are very hit and miss, sometimes you find gems, sometimes you find 6 year old peg warmers, lol.

Right now TRU has a sale on figs going on, though the two stores I hit, had little to no figures at all. They're on sale for $5 and buy one get one for 50% off on SW figures. Sadly, I don't need any Vintage Qui-gons, Naboo Guards or CW aquadroids, as that's all my stores had(toysrus.com has the same sale, and a little better of a selection).
THanks for the heads up on the other stores, I will certainly be trying them. I wasnt aware of them carrying SW.

My ToysRus continues to have nada,, I think theres like some Phantom stuff and thats it. didnt even bother to look closely. I did pick up their only two Falcons tho with their recent sale,,, missed all the others,, was not going to miss these. Also got 2 Y-Wing fighters..... ordered them from the store and they will ship to my house.

Kmart has marked down their AT-STs,,, to 50%.... Ima looking and looking to see what I can find on the tail end here lol

Reaction score
TRU in South Elgin put out a bunch more of the deleted scene wave if anyone still needs them - and for $5 for 1 and $7.50 for 2 it's a good time to fill in any holes you might have.

Reaction score
<crickets chirping> Did everyone stop posting here because the scalpers were scooping up our stores or is there just really that little of anything out there?

Reaction score
Scalping has not been an issue the past few years because very little product is actually being shipping from Hasbro to make it a scalping issue. I understand there is a facebook page or something out there for people to collaborate with each other but that seems silly.... you don't need to just look in Illinois to know when product is hitting or becoming available or to help others out.

Anyhow, Star Wars is at a new low right now so even if the people were still here... it would be a giant *****-fest about the lack of product. Hasbro's Star Wars team should be dis-banded for what was shown at the ToyFair this year.

X

<crickets chirping> Did everyone stop posting here because the scalpers were scooping up our stores or is there just really that little of anything out there?

Reaction score
Yeah, not much out there to post about. Figures out there are at 1995 articulation, and what stores do have, they've had for the last 14 months, lol. Non-Star Wars is a little better, but with most the movie lines out this year by Hasbro and them taking the same approach for some of them.. I think more and more people are just not collecting things. The good thing I guess is Transformers and GI Joe are staying true to their product. GI Joe had a scare last year with some cut articulation, but the new figs seem on par with what we've been getting since the 25th line. Transformers seems to be getting better each year, and this year will be an awesome year for them. TMNT is also doing well. 6" Marvel Legends are back and seem to be picking up steam, but they need more than 3 figures out there to really call it a hit. I guess with the WM exclusives from Thor, IM, Spidey and now IM3.. they're going strong, but I still think they need some more figures. I barely see anything out there, I see a new wave at a comic shop, but nothing at mass retail. Same with DCUC... or whatever it's called now. they're just now trickling out in stores, but it seems that more and more people are just buying stuff online(going by blogs/forum posts). This has always been a slow time for toy collecting.. with stores finally resetting and new stuff hitting the pegs, hopefully it'll start to pick up again.

Reaction score
I've been desperately looking for a Gamorrean Guard or two with no luck. I really wanted to snag one for $5 at 5 Below around Christmas time, but that store seems like a dead end now. I read that Gammies were hitting Walmart for $10 recently (not quite as good, but I'd still buy one). No luck so far...but I did find the remants of the wave at the McHenry WM tonight. Someone got the Gammies before I got there. 2 Aaylas were still there.

Reaction score
I've been desperately looking for a Gamorrean Guard or two with no luck. I really wanted to snag one for $5 at 5 Below around Christmas time, but that store seems like a dead end now. I read that Gammies were hitting Walmart for $10 recently (not quite as good, but I'd still buy one). No luck so far...but I did find the remants of the wave at the McHenry WM tonight. Someone got the Gammies before I got there. 2 Aaylas were still there.
I was able to snag a couple Gammies a few months ago at the 5 below on Randall. I am sure I still have one unopened, but not sure how great the package is. Let me know if you want it. $5 I was holding them until I finally complete my Jabba's palace dio, but I can definitely let one go. I was lucky and was able to find a bunch originally.

Reaction score
Anyone remember the Disney Parks ordering number...800 delivears or something??

I MUST have that Salacious Crumb Latex Character and pillow!! and the Boushh vinylmation figure...

Reaction score
Anyone remember the Disney Parks ordering number...800 delivears or something??

I MUST have that Salacious Crumb Latex Character and pillow!! and the Boushh vinylmation figure...

I wish I had logged on earlier. I always keep the mail order phone # close.

It is:

Walt Disney World Mail Order - NEW Toll Free Number[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,Sans-Serif]
(877) 560-6477
[/FONT]

Reaction score
Anyone have a McQuarrie Luke or Stormtrooper? Loose is fine as long as they are complete and mint.

Reaction score
Some good news!
Target has put VTC back up. They must have changed their minds about dropping them. Mine kept the 4 Phantom Menace figures from before the clearance.

Reaction score
So as much awesome (and sometimes hectic) fun Ive had over the years at Kane with you guys, I will no longer be part of the CTF amazingness. I have sold off all of the rest of my piece for sale. I still have my personal collection but nothing left to sale...but I gotta say, its an amazing feeling to be free of it!!!

Reaction score
So as much awesome (and sometimes hectic) fun Ive had over the years at Kane with you guys, I will no longer be part of the CTF amazingness. I have sold off all of the rest of my piece for sale. I still have my personal collection but nothing left to sale...but I gotta say, its an amazing feeling to be free of it!!!
I sense a great disturbance in the force. It's as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced.

Reaction score
We'll still be there, in the Trades south building(same spot we've been in the last few shows). The layout might be a little smaller and there might be a bunch of fluffy animals and Japanese pokemon guys my sister is bringing.. but we'll still be there:

Last edited:
Reaction score
****. It's today?! I actually wanted to go, but forgot all about it......damn....

Reaction score
Sorry we missed you Peter. I'll give you a heads up in the fall. Anyone going to Bridgeview? I was thinking about doing that show too.