Reaction score
Joe
Slappy
Jimmy
Jason
Wedge
Poss: Damian and Tweekem

and a German student from Austria who lives in Naperville
and...maybe, Grand Master Yoda (I got a special Christmas present from him that I will bring)

Reaction score
Grand Master Yoda gave me a Yoda Christmas Stocking with a bunch of Star Wars gifts for you guys. I will bring them to the meet.

Wasn't there a new guy coming?

Hey new guy: please come drop by! You get a gift too.

Reaction score
Joe
Slappy
Jimmy
Jason
Wedge
Poss: Damian and Tweekem

and a German student from Austria who lives in Naperville

and...maybe, Grand Master Yoda (I got a special Christmas present from him that I will bring)
Well damn then I HAVE to come! but I'm not a morning person at all. :(

Reaction score
Has anyone found the Black Friday 8 packs of figures for $12.50 at WalMart? Broken down, that would be $1.65 for each figure. Do you guys want to do a return to one of our first meets 5 years ago when we broke up the Target Hoth and Endor Ultimate Battle Packs for cheap money per piece?

Even if no one is interested, I'd like to pick up some of the CW and Legends 8 Packs for $12.50 myself. Also, I was hoping to get an Iron Man 8 Pack (particularly the Hulk Smasher Ironman) for customizing.

Reaction score
Please check your local Walmart before you come to the meet (or an out of the way, less frequented WM). I was a bit too late getting to Harvard, but did get one 8 Pack (the last one apparently) to share with the group. $1.65 each...bring your nickels.

Also, I am bringing 3 mint carded Nien Nunbs for cheap (that I was going to return to amazon) if anyone needs one.

Reaction score
Please check your local Walmart before you come to the meet (or an out of the way, less frequented WM). I was a bit too late getting to Harvard, but did get one 8 Pack (the last one apparently) to share with the group. $1.65 each...bring your nickels.

Also, I am bringing 3 mint carded Nien Nunbs for cheap (that I was going to return to amazon) if anyone needs one.
That reminds me... Nien Nunb is the one that hasn't come in yet from a trade. :(
I doubt any of the Walmarts have any left if they were that cheap. My out of the way Super Walmart got none of those sets at all.

Reaction score
Bring some cool loose figures to trade. Something good for custom figures.

That reminds me... Nien Nunb is the one that hasn't come in yet from a trade. :(
I doubt any of the Walmarts have any left if they were that cheap. My out of the way Super Walmart got none of those sets at all.

Reaction score
It was good to see everyone on Sunday, sad a couple couldnt make it, but it's better you guys are safe and not upside down in a ditch, lol.. Jimmy couldn't help himself and whip out the customizing gear and paint up a Jabba in the back of McDonalds, lol

Reaction score
Nice backdrop of the $1.65 CW figures in the window. I'll use them for custom figures or sell them at Kane Co. for $2. Don't forget to bring those bottles of Emerald nuts to raffle off at Kane Co. too :).

Reaction score
When is the next Kane? I would really like to go, it's been a while. I would need to plan ahead.

Good thing I didn't go Sunday. I have been home sick all week. Last thing I need is to give you guys cooties.

Reaction score
Did I do something to wrong? Where is everybody? Is anyone really into it anymore?

Reaction score
Is there a way, or setting, where I can just get the posts from that group and not everyones individual status (or lunatic rantings - however you want to put it)?

Reaction score
I think you can block anyone you don't want to get every post they make. I have a few that I have set to "only get important updates" from for that reason. (no one here lol).

Reaction score
That's how I have almost everyone set on facebook, even my bro and sister, lol.. I don't need to know everything about everyone.

I was wondering why you weren't part of the group anymore Indy... I thought you didn't like us anymore because you switched over to Lego, lol.

Reaction score
It's our group's page. Over 5 years ago, a few of us met up to do some trades. We all met here on rebelscum.. for about a year, we would meet up, only a few here and there to do trades/sales, ext. After that, and since a number of us met up with a few of the other guys, we kind of "knew" eachother, so we though, why not just meet up at some public place, where we can just sit there, talk about SW, trade figures, etc...

We met a couple times at Dennys, Schaumburg Library, CiCis Pizza, Fudruckers, Portillos, and about 5,000 strange looks later, thought we should make up a name for our group. we came up with Chicago Trade Federation... or CTF for short... that's what this thread it, and why it's called the CTF 2012 Fall(was the Fall of 2012 thread).. those that have met up at more than a couple meetings, were officially made members.. we've gone to book signings together, met up at midnight madness, gone to Birthday parties for eachother or eachother's kids, gone to midnight release of movies, gone to Comic-cons... had cookouts, met up and built some dioramas, at one point, we were meeting monthly at one of our member's school and had customizing meetings, where everyone would bring their exra stuff and we'd just customize for a good 6-8 hours, lol. We even started doing a local toy show in Kane County twice a year.. it went from one table, to 3, to 6 tables.. to a whopping 9 now, lol.

As hasbro let us down, and figures started to become harder and harder to find, some of us got sick of it and stopped collecting, some of us still do, some just hold onto what we have and some oved on to other stuff.. but we've all become friends, it's been 5 years since we officially started our group, and we just had a meeting at McDonalds where 6 of us were able to meet up and shoot the bull, talk SW, talk other interests, trade, and even, as you can see in the picture above, Jimmy brought some stuff to customize, lol.

Anyway, as Facebook and social media started getting more and more popular, we decided to embrace it and we made a Facebook page where we can basically do the same thing. Talk about what we found, post pictures of what we're looking for, links to stories that interest us.. all that.

The only way you can see the group page is by being a member, the only way you can become a member, is actually showing up to meetings and contributing.. it's that easy and after we all agree that you're just like us.. you're in.. no special interviews.. membership fees or anything like that.. though, we do usually have the new member buy our dinner for an inniation fee... what? Oh.. okay, I made that last part up... The only reason we have it set as a private page is at one point, there were a couple members here on RS that weren't posting or contributing to the community as a whole, someone would come in and post, "I found such and such super duper rare, hard to find wave and such and such store, they had 10 cases", and then next thing you know, someone would go there and they'd all be gone and you'd see some on ebay as assanine prices.. some were even called out because of it, and arguments ensued, it seemed like it was always happening, so when we started the FB page, we thought it best that it would be private and only we could see it.. that way, if I saw something I knew Smelly Carl really, really wanted, but I didn't have the money, I could tell him and he could go and get it... that's the main reason, that's all, like I said, as soon as show up to a couple of meetings.. you're in. Or if it's someone we know and know they're a collector like us.. then we can see if they want to join, plain and simple.

Anyway, I don't know if you read all that, so in reddit form..

TL;DR= the facebook page is for our private group, which was started over 5 years ago. If you want to join, you have to come to our meetings, be accepted, and then you can join the FB group page.. :D

Last edited:
Reaction score
I was trying to get rid of some items on facebook I did not need to see every day (some of you know what I am talking about) and cut myself off. Joe, can you re-instate me or do I need to come to a meeting again?

A SIMPLE "YES" OR "NO" WILL BE FINE!

Reaction score
No,it won't let me add you.I'll have too check when I get home to see what options I actually have. The face book app its pretty limited on my phone (sorry it want a yes or no :(...).

Reaction score
I have banned myself....:'(

Just as well. I have no interest in joining any group that would have me as a member.....:whistling:

Reaction score
Check the 5 belows in your area - I picked up a couple discover the force (the walmart exclusives) for $5 on Friday. Are you guys all on FB now for store reports, it's probably a better way to post 'em without the scalpers picking up on the good finds. I wish I was a in person meeting kinda guy - but I've got too many of those already with my other commitments, maybe when I'm old and retired someday I'll be up for hanging out with my fellow toy hobbyists. Any ideas on good ways to keep up on local store reports? I miss 'em but I make 'em when I find something interesting. Oh I almost forgot - the FYE over by Stratford square had a bunch of he final wave (imperial guard, live action ahsoka, etc) If anyone is still looking for them - I think they are 10.99. Has anyone seen the tarkin wave, or is that the real lost wave of this assortement. I must have that tarkin and more importantly his mousedroid.

Reaction score
Check the 5 belows in your area - I picked up a couple discover the force (the walmart exclusives) for $5 on Friday. Are you guys all on FB now for store reports, it's probably a better way to post 'em without the scalpers picking up on the good finds. I wish I was a in person meeting kinda guy - but I've got too many of those already with my other commitments, maybe when I'm old and retired someday I'll be up for hanging out with my fellow toy hobbyists. Any ideas on good ways to keep up on local store reports? I miss 'em but I make 'em when I find something interesting. Oh I almost forgot - the FYE over by Stratford square had a bunch of he final wave (imperial guard, live action ahsoka, etc) If anyone is still looking for them - I think they are 10.99. Has anyone seen the tarkin wave, or is that the real lost wave of this assortement. I must have that tarkin and more importantly his mousedroid.
I wish I had a closer Five Below.
FYE has the "online" only wave! :eek: I ended up trading Canadians for the majority of them.
I believe the Tarkin wave was briefly at Kmart. The only one I saw was Oddball.
The Sandtrooper/Bespin Leia wave was also a no show. I also got a Leia from Canada.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I wish I had a closer Five Below.
FYE has the "online" only wave! :eek: I ended up trading Canadians for the majority of them.
I believe the Tarkin wave was briefly at Kmart. The only one I saw was Oddball.
The Sandtrooper/Bespin Leia wave was also a no show. I also got a Leia from Canada.
So just how many Canadians does it take to get a Star Wars figure? ;-)

I got my lost line look wave at the TRU in South Elgin about a month ago - so if anyone still needs those keep checking your TRU's

Reaction score
My goodness, the board came alive again! It is good to see/hear from all of you. I feel like I am the only one keeping this board alive.

Now, all we need are some Star Wars toys to start hitting the shelves, and things will be all good again.

Reaction score
My goodness, the board came alive again! It is good to see/hear from all of you. I feel like I am the only one keeping this board alive.
...says the guy who hasn't posted for nearly 2 months...

Reaction score
Nobody was talking, and both my doctor and lawyer recommended not being caught talking to myself anymore.

I did buy some Darth Maul packs this morning for a very good price.

Reaction score
You would think that TRU in South Elgin would be good for finding new items, but my experience finding new Star Wars there has been terrible since it opened. I did this week in Downers Grove on Monday find a new wave of
Vintage Collection figures that had the Gamorrean Guard in it and on the pegs. Grabbed the Gamorrean guard and passed on the Arc Trooper. The Kithiba with the bandana had the brown bandana, not
the red bandana in case people are wondering. I have yet for find a red bandana version of Kithiba in the wild.

X

Has anyone found anything good at the TRU BOGO 50% off this week? I'm wondering if it' worth a run to hit more than the south elgin store next time I go out.