CTF - 2011 Fall Edition

Reaction score
My Galen Mareks and Shae Visla will be here this week....so excited for those!!! I am getting my Wave 3 figs in this week and the $10 price is still good but payment must be sent by tomorrow. Here is what I have left -

3x Luke Skywalker (Deleted Scene)
2x Ep IV Darth Vader
1x Ep V Luke Skywalker
1x VC28 Rebel Pilot Wedge
2x VC51 Bariss Offee
2x VC53 Bom Vindin
2x Clone Pilot Davijaan "Odd Ball"
1x Nikto Skiff Guard

Corran Ill have all yours after this shipment arrives. DarthOynx Ill have the 3 you need but I need payment to be sent ASAP to hold them. BHiga6181@gmail.com.

Also both of you guys if you want them shipped add in $7.50 for Priority Mail....or you can meet me in the NW burbs, Palatine/Schaumburg/Arlington Heights to pick them up.

Anyone have a Nom Anor or 2 501st for sale??

Also anyone interested in the SDCC set minus the Carbonite Jar Jar??

Last edited:
Reaction score
I actually found new figures today! Whuile at Woodfield Mall with my kids for the LEgo free build, I decided to go into FYE and found Barada, the 501st trooper and Cracken! I couodn't beleive I actually found something new!

Bill,
if you still need the 501st and still have the Nikto Skiff gaurd I would be happy to trade.

Reaction score
No offense, but I don't think Barada and Kithiba are the same character.... You found Kithiba... with the Brown or Red Bandana?

X

I actually found new figures today! Whuile at Woodfield Mall with my kids for the LEgo free build, I decided to go into FYE and found Barada, the 501st trooper and Cracken! I couodn't beleive I actually found something new!

Bill,
if you still need the 501st and still have the Nikto Skiff gaurd I would be happy to trade.

Reaction score
Yes, sorry, Kithaba. For some reason I thought the card said Barada. It has a brown bandana I have yet to find a red bandana, of course, this is the first one I have seen in the wild though.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I made the same mistake... did a little research because I was wondering if I could get rid of the Old Skiff Guard 3-Pack Barada and replace him with Kithiba.... and figured out they are not the same. I see many people making this mistake so I thought I would throw that out there.

X

Yes, sorry, Kithaba. For some reason I thought the card said Barada. It has a brown bandana I have yet to find a red bandana, of course, this is the first one I have seen in the wild though.

Reaction score
I found new stuff two days in a row! I can't remember it ever being this bad. Anyway, I actually found the entire Malgus wave at GolfMill TRU today. Anyobody need Hoth Luke or Vader? I also found two more Skrulls. I must just be missing Hawkeye and Black Widow.

Reaction score
Anyone here get Lego? I am tempted by LOTR sets. Where / how is the cheapest place to get them?

Reaction score
I found new stuff two days in a row! I can't remember it ever being this bad. Anyway, I actually found the entire Malgus wave at GolfMill TRU today. Anyobody need Hoth Luke or Vader? I also found two more Skrulls. I must just be missing Hawkeye and Black Widow.

I read this and to show you where my excitement level is right now, left work at 3:30 and went home. I'll find what I need when I find them. To hell with hunting. Tired and bored.

Reaction score
Anyone here get Lego? I am tempted by LOTR sets. Where / how is the cheapest place to get them?
Toys r us Is by far the most expensive. Do not buy them there. Everywhere else (Walmart target an the Lego store are all the same). Tru is $40 higher on some sets.

Reaction score
DMESS Ill gladly trade you :)

What are you up to this weekend?

Now all I need are 1 501st and 1 Nom Anor...anyone....anyone??

Reaction score
Has anyone had any luck with the Dollar General G.I. Joes? I've been going nuts hunting for these and can't find squat. I just hit six stores (5 yesterday) and keep coming up empty.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Indy, keep an eye on Lego.com They always have online sales. Target is also good and usually has some sort of sale, but LotR is hit or miss. Even though TRU is expensive, they are good for sales, so keep an eye on them if they have buy one get one free or buy one get one 50% off, also if you have rewards coupons, those help bring them even lower, but yeah, reg price at TRU is a joke.

I still haven't seen the DG Joes. I'm having my fam check in other states too, lol.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Has anyone had any luck with the Dollar General G.I. Joes? I've been going nuts hunting for these and can't find squat. I just hit six stores (5 yesterday) and keep coming up empty.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Nope - I have seen zilch. Supposedly someone on hisstank has found them several times, but the two stores I was hitting regularly either never got them or never put them out. I asked several times and they had no idea what I was talking about. I gave up and bought the Snake Eyes on ebay...

Reaction score
I found the Malgus wave (must have only been once case since they only had one of each - or someone already picked over the rest at the Target on Lake Cook in Buffalo Grove. They had everybody BUT Malgus hanging on the pegs, I took Luke. I'm tempted on the Imperial Navy Officer- though I have to admit I'm holding out for a true vintage grey suit version, which I bet will be out soon to help them get their money's worth out of that mold.

Reaction score
Got my figs in...man are Starkiller and Shae Vizla AWESOME!!!!

Tarkin isnt too bad himself.....now lets see what SW figs are coming out....ummmm.....

Animated Maul Target pack....Jek Porkins.....Royal Guard.....am I missing anything??? Nope dont think so...

Oh yeah the new Speeder bike in Vintage ROTJ Packaging....

Reaction score
Sounds cool Higa. Just sent you a pm.

I had the chance to hit the Schaumburg TRU yesterday - they're selling the blue packaged Deluxe Figure w/ Vehicle sets for $11.99. Was able to score the only Yavin Tech w/ Sled at that store, but check out other stores they could have it and for such a low price it's a damn good deal.

Reaction score
A big thanks to Bill for the Wedge figure I picked up this afternoon. I am sorry I couldn't have stuck around to chat more.

Reaction score
Good seeing Wedge today...loved the poster jedi mind trick :)

You guys see the Season 5 CW trailer? Digging the Maul/Opress, Death Watch and Falleen Council!!!

Also AMC 30 Barrington just put up for sale IMAX Batman Marathon July 19th at 6 pm with all 3 on the IMAX screen. My bro and I got tickets, anyone else want to join us? I did the 18 hour Avengers marathon there and it was AWESOME!!

Also for you Spidey fans, I will be at AMC 30 Barrington for the IMAX 3D Midnight release as a hired Sony Spider-Man and will have a few others in costume there as well. Tickets are on sale now. Hope to see some of you guys there!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Saw the new CL wave with the RC figure, New Rex and Aalya in Joliet. Also had a couple of those Yavin guys w/buggy for $11.99

Reaction score
Hey all, man I have been missing out! Too much craziness with two international travels in less than a month. However, I do want to reconnect and find out if there is any interest for C6? I still have a room for the group at the Raddison near the convention center for $40 for the full 4 days. It would be fun to get a group to go.

Later

Reaction score
Lars, I'll beat at C6 (sharing a place with my buddy) - we should try to get as many of the CTF crew who will be there together at some point.

I had the opportunity to hit the stores around Golf Mill today and there is a huge lack of anything right now. Nothing but wave 1 Movie Heroes and last year's Saga Legends. Loads of crap, between poor distribution and insane case assortments it's very dire out there. Funniest thing I saw was at Kohl's - 2011 TCW figures for $12.99!

Reaction score
DMESS thanks for the 501st....

Now to find me 1 more 501st and Nom Anor!!

Reaction score
That is awesome dude, and you know cause I love you I will still have to bust your ***** about it. Good luck in the contest. BTW, Spider-Man was DEAD and now they brought him back... go figure... sometimes comics are cool and sometimes they are not heterosexual. <<< Look ma I am PC.

Reaction score
Higa, bring all of your costumes and meet the group at Hardees. Free food for dressing like spidey! Whoooo Hoooo!

Reaction score
How was the weather by you guys? Everyone okay? We finally got power around midnight this morning. Town looks like a bomb went off, lol.. we were pretty much untouched, but some neighbors, not so much:

Our "biggest" damage.. my poor garden

Neighbor behind me...

kinda creepy...

Let me know if you guys need a place.. I know the owner, we can get you a deal...

wow... prob the worse damage I saw, 3 cars under there.

Most were near misses, a lot of debris, but a lot of lucky people. It was cool seeing everyone out and helping eachother out.

After the storm, this was almost every other street here.

Reaction score
The closest Hardess is in WI...otherwise I would so go.
I think there are a few in Indiana too.

We had some damage but nothing major. A few neighbors have tarps on their roofs. There are no very tall trees in the neighborhood. Power did go off but returned quickly because we have underground wires.

Reaction score
Yeah, it was weird going one town over(New Lenox) and it didn't even look like there was a storm, lol...

Anyone use Microsoft Bing Rewards? It's a toolbar you set up and earn points you can then redeem for giftcards and such... I just got 400 free XBL points...
Bing - Explore
I usually search a million things a day on google, might as well bing it insead and get "paid" to do it, lol.
If you join w/ my link above, I get 5 free points... ;)

Reaction score
So who here is going to CVI?

I NEED one of those Micro Collection pins!! There are only 50 a day I think but I will gladly (and somewhat insanely) pay you for your effort. PLEASE!!!!

Reaction score
I have a Nom Anor that I can trade. I need a 501st Trooper or a Death Star Trooper (Naval Trooper). If anyone can help me out, please let me know.

Reaction score
To those non-Facebooks CTFfers...

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_xfgstmUfMkMTFiMzUwOTMtN2YzZC00NGU2LTliZDgtZGUwYWY0YWY2ZDIx/edit?hl=en_GB&pli=1

I saw this table top game this guy made for 4" figures. Kind of like old SW west end games miniatures, or other miniatures games... anyway, sounds kind of cool and thought it could be something we could get together to do. Who's game? <-- No pun intended, lol..

So far Jason and my friend Chris said they wanna do it, I was thinking set up a "plan and build" day... get some supplies and go over the playing field, nothing too complicated, something maybe with 12"x12" wood that we can take apart real easy, make the playing field simple, so we can put it together and use again in the future. Make building simple, foam rocks, use vehicles we have, etc... then if we do it again, we can move it all around and even change the theme around. Anyone else interested?

Reaction score
Found the Tarkin wave today. I hate hasbro. The one figure I wanted (kithaba) was gone.

Reaction score
any body considering going to C6?, please email me.

I know I have not posted much lately due to my work load this year. Honestly, it has been very busy. I seem to be on a plane every week now, and the rest of the time I have is with the family. Unfortunately, my star wars family and collecting has been very sparse. I am sorry for not participating as often or as I would like too. I hope things will slow down, but if not I still am here.