CTF - 2011 Fall Edition

Reaction score
Ok guys... we filled up anther one and just in time to bid farewell to Summer!

Last topics were the newer figs preview at the NYCC and the upcoming Kane Show...

Joe - I will need shelvs if you can help out. I also would like the exact same set up as last time... Bill, Me... Mike. I will have compensation for you for setting up and letting me use your shelvs.

Reaction score
WTF!!!!!

BACK to Golf Mill Target AGAIN this morning - I've been there at open EVERY DAY FOR THE LAST 2 WEEKS - and the pegs are FULL and the first figure I see is Kayan!!! I say a quick 'Thank You GOD!' and start looking for the new ones.....2nd figure....Bastila (don't want her but nice to see), Luke, Ackbar, Wicket.....wait a sec....WHERE THE *** ARE THE OTHERS!!! No Ponda! NO HOTH TROOPER!!! Didn't have them yesterday - must have came in last night - AND THE FIGURES ARE GONE!!!! WTF!!!!! Getting really fed up with this.

Reaction score
Tweek, if I have space, you can rent it out, I'll JimmyTime it out to you for $5 an hour per square foot, lol. I'll be there Sat to set up. So far Tweek's side is the same as last, Jimmmy/Slappy/Doug/Fred/George/Carl/Stan/Val/Jason's side will be a little different with the added people, but I guess it's first come first serve on that side. I forgot who's sharing tables and what not, so when you get there, you'll have to figure it out. I'll be on the end, facing McBeardy.

I'll be there Sat, prob around noon, like last time, so those on the contract meet up with me so we can get in, if you're not on it, then we'll have to wait till a couple of us are in and set up and then swap out people.. they're picky on Sat and I don't want to step on any toes.

Reaction score
Tweek, if I have space, you can rent it out, I'll JimmyTime it out to you for $5 an hour per square foot, lol. I'll be there Sat to set up. So far Tweek's side is the same as last, Jimmmy/Slappy/Doug/Fred/George/Carl/Stan/Val/Jason's side will be a little different with the added people, but I guess it's first come first serve on that side. I forgot who's sharing tables and what not, so when you get there, you'll have to figure it out. I'll be on the end, facing McBeardy.

I'll be there Sat, prob around noon, like last time, so those on the contract meet up with me so we can get in, if you're not on it, then we'll have to wait till a couple of us are in and set up and then swap out people.. they're picky on Sat and I don't want to step on any toes.
Joe, can you list who is on the contract? I'm not sure if I am or not, I don't recall ever hearing about it.

Jimmy, I'll give you a call over the weekend, things have been a bit hectic for me lately.

Reaction score
Hmmm.... I don't remember off hand, I think it's Me, Jimmy, Slappy, Tweek and Doug? When I get the official one, I'll let you know.

Reaction score
Ok, here are my questions after yesterday's panel.

Is there going to be another midnight madness sale on the 30th? I am all for hanging out again (last time was a great night), but waiting for several hours outside in late January doesn't sound good to me.

What is the Movie Heroes line? Are these are repacks (I hope).

Is this wave that is hitting (Ponda wave) the last one we are getting until January 30th?

Are many of the Clone Wars figures they showed Savage Opress, Mace, Cad, Yoda, Anakin, Aqua Droid, Plo Koon and listed as coming late January old? I have most of those (unless they've done something to them or added something new).

Reaction score
Indy - if you grabbed the Bastila I would gladly take it off your hands!!

Wedge - Those CW figs are all the ones currently hitting.

Tweek - any news on the Darth Maul bust??

Im so glad we are finally getting SW TOR on 12-20-11!!! And a Darth Maligus figure on Vintage card already too!!

See you guys a week from tomorrow!!

Reaction score
FO SHIZZLE, WE CHANGIN' TO DA CTW????

Tweek, did you mean use my shelves as in using them over by your tables? If so, I only have the two I had last time and plan on setting up by my table, if you mean use them as is if I had extra space, that's fine, my bro might either come with me or give me some of his stuff to sell, so not sure how much space I'll have... we'll have to see.

Reaction score
Is this wave that is hitting (Ponda wave) the last one we are getting until January 30th?
The full Revenge wave should be the last one we are officially expected to receive this year. The Ponda wave includes some Revenge figures, but not all of them. The full wave should be out soon I believe. But knowing how Hasbro futzes distribution up, we'll likely see a good chunk of those Episode 1 figures around X-Mas time.

Speaking of the Ponda wave, I was able to pickup the Walrusman and Hoth Soldier today at the Target on Rand/Willow. No Bastila Shan to be found, but they do have some leftover Revenge figures - did also take the Return Wicket. I was at a few Targets today and a couple had stuff in the back, turns out they were all the old figures (Dengars, Sandtroopers, Clones) that were supposed to be pulled by Hasbro. Obviously they never went out, so I wouldn't be surprised to see them come back out during the X-Mas rush. So be forewarned if you ask a Target employee to pull out stuff from the back, it may be 2 year old leftovers. :mad:

NYCC news seemed once again underwhelming to me, it looks like they're using a lot of 10+ year old pieces for the coming year. Sometimes it makes sense (Podracers) and other times it's utter crap (Rebel Heroes BP). Well that's ok, I'll stick to what I want, which isn't much, and focus on the Kenner vintage.

Reaction score
I have no shelvs at the moment so please lmk if you find any good sales.. I know I wont be there Saturday so... I will need a total of 3 badges Sun morn for myself and my buddy with his helper. Everyone can have them after we get in though. I think Im gonna sell the SDCC Death Star set with the Revenge figs... I think Im totally done 100% with the 3 3/4. All the lifesize things Ive gotten latley is just head and shoulders above the rest IMO

Reaction score
Is the "full Revenge set" the set that was in the SDCC Death Star? What other figures other than the four or five Vintage (and the Clone Wars figures) that are hitting right now should come out this year?

Reaction score
Oh yea... sorry bout that Bill. and yes Bill... the set I am talking about is the death star set from this years SDCC... I hate to let it go (not 100%.. 98 right now) but Id rather have some extra $$$ for items coming through in the next few months and my last 1:1 purchase for awhile.. the SS EX Vader bust... I really cant wait for SS to show their full size Yoda.. I picked up their Crumb and its beautiful so I can imagine what they are going to do for a full body Yoda. Anywho... I just cant wait to be there and set up. I wish I didnt have to work... Id love to set up Saturday,.. actually... Im going to see if I can switch days off.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Went to 5 targets looking for Hoth Troopers and Bastila and nothing....and at 1 I just missed a case of them as it was there on the shelf with nothing but old figs and 1 REVENGE Ackbar.... :(

Where are the Luke Taun Taun and Search for Luke Skywalker packs at?!?!

Reaction score
Bastille claimed by Val. I will grab more as (if) I see them.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm having no luck in finding Pondo, Bastila, or Hoth guy either.:grey:

Good chat w/ Jason about Kane tho. Lookin' forward to it guys!
Yeah can't wait. Jimmy give me a call on Saturday if/when you're planning to drive down.

Sidenotes:

* I have a shirtless Savage Oppress if anyone is still looking for it.
* I'm looking for a cheap vintage Jabba to complete a set that I want to sell at Kane. The Jabba I have is missing his right arm, LOL!

Reaction score
Tauntauns and Land Speeders are starting to show. $24.99! I think I can wait until clearance....

Reaction score
Found the Remnants of the "Revenge" Wave at Target (Wisconsin)...no Bastilla and just the repacks with the Revenge cards. Got an RFT with a new Boba Fett mail in form.
Hope Bosski got em...otherwise I will check the local Ebay Sellers pages.

Reaction score
I have a Vintage Jabba, I was going to replace with the WM Jabba.

PM for trade details...I will wrap it up and add it to the transport bin now.

I need to know how many shelves to bring and I also have two helpers coming also.

LMK the needs & details for Sunday

Reaction score
Hey Val...if you have extra shelving and dont mind.. I would like to use them. LMK soon so I dont go buy any.

PS...

If anyone has pops and redemtion certs for the new boba to spare please bring em for me... I will pay or trade.

Higa... no word on Maul... prob the beginning of next year.

Reaction score
Just to clarify, I have no luck at all. Bad night, I didn't sleep at all. I read about the land speeder and tauntauns showing up in the recently founds. 2 of each in a box at 25 each. They seem to have hit in several states. I did not find them myself.

Reaction score
Got a RFT...so he will be open and ONE Fett form is yours Tweek.

I will do a shelf count since I am bringing some youths for heavy lifting (my 18yr old cousin and his friend).

My chip clip holders and a method to hang them.

ANY idea what is hot at the tables...My son's Godparents called and might want me to put her original Cabbage Patch dolls...(really..but ok if it keeps people travelling and stopped at our tables that is fine with me.)

Reaction score
The thread about the land speeder has a link to see which stores have it. Racine does, mundeline, gurnee, lake Geneva.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yes in fact they do and I scored a set of both them and the new Wave at Mundeline. :)

Now to just find the DPCI for the Search for Luke Skywalker Battlepack.

Reaction score
checked the site and none of the southern-ish stores have any. Target here that had the new wave got another wave of the the one with the ewok and RFT, lol.. gotta love it.

Reaction score
I grabbed an extra RFT for anyone who needs one still.....

Last edited:
Reaction score
Jimmy, I saw a packaged, still wrapped in the plastic ties Blaster carring case at a local shop for $25, think it'd be worth it to snag it and bring it to Kane or is that the going price?

Reaction score
Wow did I get lucky tonight....on my way to grab Arkham City I scored almost 2 more full sets of the new Vintage wave. Also grabbed 2 more RFT so I know have 3 if anyone wants them....

Reaction score
Don't encourage the guy...

I saw the landspeeder today. Hopefully I'll get one after Kane. Gonna try to keep to just having my core favorites and that one was always one of my favs when I was little, maybe I'll get the Blueray packs so I can set up that scene with some Sandtroopers surrounding them.. I dunno... maybe I'll just wait, lol... next thing I know, I'll be $100 in the hole for a lil' scene I want to set up.

Reaction score
So I guess I made the good luck fairy happy cause again on a random stop this morning I scored more of the new Wave....up to 6 RFT for you guys. Who wants figs?? :)

Reaction score
Anyone know if the older PoC GI Joes scan the same as the new 30th ones at Target(DPCI thingie)? I gotta stack a mile high of PoC Joes to return,lol.

Last edited: