Crab Droid

Reaction score
Glad to see this since i missed the ROTS one. It's an obligatory pick up to fill out my meager separatist army.

Reaction score
Definite buy for me. I as well did not pick up the ROTS one. Now my droids will have some more vehicles/artillery to match up that AT-TE and Turbo Tank!

Reaction score
since i never got one, this is good news to me. hope they continue to reissue more of the deluxe figures

Reaction score
Ick!
I can't believe they resurrected this monstrosity. Probably going to be even more expensive then when it first came out too! Wake me up when Hasbro makes an actual Crab Droid instead of a McDonald's toy.

Reaction score
I don't have this figure yet and I'm still debating on whether or not to get this. I wouldn't have hesitated had they added the eye/ face detail.

Reaction score
Just repack and repaint of the ROTS deluxe Crab Droid which isn't to a proper scale. Hasbro have made the Crab Droid bigger than the Dwarf Spider droid, when in reality, and very visible in the film, the Crab Droid is tiny and nowhere near as big as the Dwarf Spider Droid yet HAsbro make the Crab Droid bigger than the Dwarf Spider, slap on the wrists there for Hasbro..

Hasbro should have done away with that crappy "walking" function on the Crab Droid because, it doesn't do anything but move the legs back and forth, not "walk" like the wind-up Dwarf Spiders do, and even that is crap too barely moves a centimetre before stopping!

Hasbro should have made the Crab Droid to the proper much smaller scale, ball jointed the leg joints on the knees or whatever, and made it into a 3 3/4 action figure single card release instead, and, stick a peg on it's back so a Utapau Clone Trooper can stand on it like in the movie.

I don't see this Crab Droid selling well at all because the scale is completely wrong and it was naff first time around. If Hasbro made the Crab Droid to the right small size, it would sell like cupcakes, out the door faster than anyone can stock them, but, Hasbro have failed on this a second time around.. Easy pass for me and no doubt a lot of people too..

Reaction score
plokool said:
Yes but kids don't care about scale.

I care about scale when it goes on my shelf
That's the reason I shy away from almost all vehicles and starfighters. The only one I have is last years at-st battle of Kashyyyk battle pack.

I never picked up one from ROTS, and I wasen't aware of the size difference as mentioned a couple of posts before. I always wanted to get one along with a dearf spider droid, but now I'm not so sure.

I thought they would have put a semi-clone war-ish look to it seeing it's from the Clone Wars series, but i'm fine with it looking realistic...I just wish they would have made it a bit more detailed.

Reaction score
If it's a straight repack, an easy pass. If it's a repaint, it's an easy pass. If it's a minor mold change, I'll have to think hard about it...I'll probably still pass. Glad to see it released again for those who missed it though.

Reaction score
RogueWompRat said:
Wake me up when Hasbro makes an actual Crab Droid instead of a McDonald's toy.
Lmao. Amen to that, brother. I have the ROTS version, but I totally see where you're coming from. I was really hoping for a new version this time around. Passarooni.

Reaction score
is the missle launcher removable? Ill definitely get some, but i dont know if its going to be one or ten

Reaction score
Beaversateit said:
RogueWompRat said:
Wake me up when Hasbro makes an actual Crab Droid instead of a McDonald's toy.
Lmao. Amen to that, brother. I have the ROTS version, but I totally see where you're coming from. I was really hoping for a new version this time around. Passarooni.
Strangest thing is, this is releasing as part of the CW line, but it isn't even remotely accurate to the CW crab droids - which, quite apart from having a totally different body shape, have only four legs!

Reaction score
Easy pass for me, too. Would've been nice to have an updated mold, but my idea of the perfect crab droid is probably very different from Hasbro's (ie, every leg articulated, NO button-activated 'walking' action). Still, if they'd at least retooled the 'face' area to show the exposed eyes & whatnot, it MIGHT have merited a purchase. But again with the 'closed' face, the only big red 'eye' being from the garish missile launcher.

Reaction score
It's an easy get for me- I love the ROTS one and now that its going to be released again I will army build them.

GNT

Reaction score
I think I'll be passing on this one, I have the ROTS version somewhere and that'll do for now.

Reaction score
I'll probably get it, but I wish it would have been the spider droid. I managed to miss that every time it was released.

Reaction score
Tontus314 said:
I'll probably get it, but I wish it would have been the spider droid. I managed to miss that every time it was released.
That's a GOOD thing. The spider droid's even less accurate than the crab droid, I think. If Hasbro would just make 'em really well-articulated & well-sculpted figures, and leave the missiles as the only 'action feature', they'd be far better off.

Reaction score
Paint apps look great....but I wish they would have made the crab droid that was in the Bombad Jedi episode.

Reaction score
Agreed, They Should have made it, at as shown in the "Bombad Jedi episode"

Reaction score
They should just print that on the package of this crab droid. That way they save on having to make a new sculpt.

GNT

Reaction score
Hmmm I'll have to compare this to the original version but unless it's changed I'll be leaving it on the shelves.