COVID-19

Reaction score
I believe all the conspiracy theories and memes about the overreporting (“Run over by a combine? Eaten by a bear? Put them both down as COVID deaths!”), came from the report that the CDC gave guidance to list any deaths tied to COVID as COVID deaths. In other words, if you have someone with a heart condition who normally would have lived for another 20 years but caught COVID and passed away from heart failure due to the stress the disease put on his heart, they told hospitals to list that as a COVID death because—guess what?—it was! The patient wouldn’t have died from heart disease if he hadn’t caught COVID! However, the aluminum foil hat crowd ran away with that and twisted it to say that they’re telling, and later paying, hospitals to list each and every death as a COVID death. Keep in mind that this is coming from the people who think it’s okay to kill security guards who tell them to wear a mask, and wipe their noses on grocery store workers who want them to keep their distance.

Coz

Reaction score
I believe all the conspiracy theories and memes about the overreporting (“Run over by a combine? Eaten by a bear? Put them both down as COVID deaths!”), came from the report that the CDC gave guidance to list any deaths tied to COVID as COVID deaths. In other words, if you have someone with a heart condition who normally would have lived for another 20 years but caught COVID and passed away from heart failure due to the stress the disease put on his heart, they told hospitals to list that as a COVID death because—guess what?—it was! The patient wouldn’t have died from heart disease if he hadn’t caught COVID! However, the aluminum foil hat crowd ran away with that and twisted it to say that they’re telling, and later paying, hospitals to list each and every death as a COVID death. Keep in mind that this is coming from the people who think it’s okay to kill security guards who tell them to wear a mask, and wipe their noses on grocery store workers who want them to keep their distance.
It's another case of someone learning something new to them and they think it's new to the world when it's always been that way and they just didn't know it. Most things like the the flu cause other things like pneumonia that kill you and then are counted as flu deaths. That's how it's always been and how it is with COVID. Nothing new or nefarious about it.

Reaction score
When you leave the projections up to computers, they are fallible, they are projections of an outcome, not fact. sometimes the machines are fairly correct, but a lot of medical and political mechanisms use nothing but computers for projections-outcomes. spreading fear by overestimating death-infections can cause panic, esp. if people tend to believe everything they are told and don't know anything about science. People need to ask questions and not be afraid to do so, that's how we learn. Oh no, I'm not promoting conspiracy theory. events like this are used to control the populace through fear if they want their way and control over things,. How would you, if you were evil or trying to control a situation involving thousands or millions of people to get your way? fear is a good medium. you need to do more"What if's"or " What would happen" situations in your head in case a bad situation occurred. be prepared, be educated, ask questions. I'm not trying to be negative now...

Reaction score
If this was a conspiracy, it would be the dumbest conspiracy in the history of dumb conspiracies. If you want to "control" people, you don't do it by putting millions of them out of work and destroying the economy. People who have nothing left to lose aren't that easy to "control."

People were already losing their minds and ready to riot because they couldn't go to the gym or get a haircut. It didn't seem like they were in any danger of being put under "control" anytime soon.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Our Economic Overlords control us, via the mechanism of "Debt". every man woman and child on earth will be paying for this debt, for generations to come. it takes the term "wage slaves" to a whole new level. this whole thing is a wet dream for the international banking system. just saying.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I definitely agree that if someone has an underlying condition (that they're living with) & then get COVID-19 & die - then, yes, this should be listed as a COVID-19 death. I.e., prior to the pandemic there were/are a hell of a lot of people out there that have underlying health conditions that they're living with, but which can be controlled/dealt with with medication, etc. However, since a lot of these people have caught the virus & subsequently died, it's evident that it was virulent enough to kill them.....when, presumably, they could have lived longer (in some cases, significantly longer) if they hadn't caught the virus.

Reaction score
Watch out! attack of the ventilators! those can cause trouble too. What I was also saying is that you may have deaths by suicide due to depression-not virus. due to jobs loss. drug problems, homelessness, etc. these are not virus related deaths . On the news this morning, one channel said "there are over 100,000 American deaths! ,then another channel said, there are 94,000 deaths in the country, which would you believe? And.. think of this, the virus started here, in WA. state with 1 person, somewhat away from the main cities, Suddenly, in 2 days , a rest home is overtaken by the virus! then suddenly, cases appear back east in rest homes! how is that? aerosols? infected people planted throughout the country to spread it that fast in in 2 days? think about the sources in the media. If the virus is that bad, then it's worse than the Spanish flu in spreading! where is the truth?

Coz

Reaction score
Our Economic Overlords control us, via the mechanism of "Debt". every man woman and child on earth will be paying for this debt, for generations to come. it takes the term "wage slaves" to a whole new level. this whole thing is a wet dream for the international banking system. just saying.

The debt was 24 trillion before this. The president spent 2 trillion on the military, nobody batted an eye. We add 3 trillion to save the economy and help people and suddenly the debt is an issue.

Reaction score
ah but that $3tn is only in the last quarter, alone. the worst is yet to come. and FWIW, it's not just government debt that is used to "control" people (and/or 'enslave' them LOL). the majority of corona-realted debt will be household debt. individuals & families will be shackled to Our Financial Overlords for generations to come. it's a wet dream for the international banking system.

Last edited:

Coz

Reaction score
ah but that $3tn is only in the last quarter, alone. the worst is yet to come. and FWIW, it's not just government debt that is used to "control" people (and/or 'enslave' them LOL). the majority of corona-realted debt will be household debt. individuals & families will be shackled to Our Financial Overlords for generations to come. it's a wet dream for the international banking system.
The 2 trillion spent on military happened in a very short time. Less than a quarter. You probably didn't even know about it and were not concerned about being controlled because of it. Who do you think is on the hook for the 24 trillion national debt? Individuals and families. They were already shackled to our financial overlords for generations to come.

Reaction score
that's sort of like saying, "I already owed money to the mafia.. now I owe MORE money... what's the big deal?" :p LOL

Reaction score
Reaction score
Lost another friend to suicide yesterday as a result of the virus. He lost his job just after Thanksgiving, then found out the job he had lined up didn't exist anymore because of COVID. He has health issues so he quit leaving the house and the isolation and everything else got to be too much. I got the call right after the one telling me my wife's uncle died completely alone in the hospital yesterday morning. His death wasn't due to COVID, but his dying alone was.

Reaction score
t's the equivalent of printing money. The question is, why hasn't this triggered Weimar Republic or commie Venezuela-type inflation?
The only thing like printing money IS printing money. Stimulus packages release existing money that has been locked away. The purpose of this is for it to be spent which helps stimulate an economy.

Reaction score
I've got no issue with the idea of the package (other than the inevitable pet projects added), desperate times etc. I did my part to stimulate the Italian and Austrian economies, i.e. the sommelier was in. :)

Since the money distributed by the U.S. government came from bond sales to the U.S. government, is this actually considered "adding to the national debt?" The bigger question remains, though - Did we just create two trillion dollars, in effect out of thin air, without any serious downside? By "thin air" I mean not from tax revenue or outside debt (for lack of a better term). Obviously, it's a transaction backed by the credit of the U.S., even though it's a transaction between two U.S. government entities.

At the very least we managed to avoid borrowing it from China - THAT would have been an epic facepalm.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Crap, another one. Just this morning. This was the cousin of a couple friends. Single father, lost his job, left two little ones behnd. We weren't close, but we hung out semi-regularly in college and were friends on FB. I got a call about half an hour ago telling me to not mention it on FB because they can't reach my friends and they don't want them to find out from a FB post. Just crazy.

Reaction score
About the toilet paper, if you run out or the world runs out of it, you can always use sponges like the Romans way back when! these were community sponges too! exciting!

Reaction score
The next time I get a haircut I'm going to pay the barber for all the haircuts I wasn't able to get because of the shutdown.

Reaction score
The next time I get a haircut I'm going to pay the barber for all the haircuts I wasn't able to get because of the shutdown.
I actually did that. I usually get a cut once a month. So when I was finally able to get a hair cut first week of may, I paid her for two months. I mean technically yes, its the same amount of cutting for her, but hey... to me its twice the amount of hair. And she's a small business owner, a 1099 filer, not much in the way of unemployment benefits for them. Gotta stimulate the economy, right?

Reaction score
I think the big takeaway from what is being said here is to help those you can help. Reach out to people even if it's just a phone call. If you have the ability, go to a local business and buy something. Give a nice tip to anyone that provides a service. I know a lot of people that lost jobs and lost businesses. I don't know a lot that have lost lives, but it's happening.

I've been extremely fortunate up until now and my family has made an effort to help where we can. A friend of our just started a baking business so we've gotten a lot fatter on cakes and cookies... wish that was totally a joke, but she knows we've been trying to help and is extremely grateful.

Reaction score
There is one thing this virus has done, public places are a lot more clean due to disinfection precautions, All this cleaning can and will prevent other diseases from popping up that used to be so common due to lack of wiping down surfaces and doing it often!

Reaction score
Apparently Healthcare workers aren't even treating symptoms anymore. I went in to see a doctor because I have regular throat issues. It wasn't my normal doctor, but all they told me was 'go get a covid test'. Barely even looked at me. I have no fever, no cough, no aches and pains, no shortness of breath... just my voice is affected, so I sound like I have laryngitis. Normally I get an antibiotic or go get Claritin but figured I'd at least have them check this time.
The kicker? Can't even get a test until Thursday around here. Went to 2 places while calling because no one picks up their phone, and while they were testing, it was by appointment only. Drive through testing with the tents and all... by appointment.
I have worked from home for 8+ years and barely leave the house so if I got it, someone in my family has it and brought it home.

1/2 of one percent in my COUNTY have tested positive. 1483 cases - 280,979 people living in the county. (I realize there are other factors, but ...)
I'll update but if I got it, ya'll better wear 2 masks.

Reaction score
Hope that you are negative! That person telling you to get tested for the virus was probably told to say that, yes! that racks up the infection rate! but I'm sure tou don't have it if this is a chronic thing that came about before this mess. Watch out! if you do or have gotten the test you may get infected by standing in line! wear a MOP suit for protection! or... you can gargle with salt water!