Count Dooku - #VC307

GNT

Reaction score
Hasbro have revealed that Count Dooku is in the pipeline for The Vintage Collection:

No toy images yet.

full

Will you be purchasing Count Dooku when he gets released?

This guy is a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time coming. It's still utterly baffling how Count Dooku, the main villain of an entire film and the figurehead antagonist behind the darn Clone Wars, has never gotten into TVC before this. How is that even possible?

I'm not sure if it's awesome or if it's kind of sad for me that this is, by far, what excited me most today.

Last edited:
It's about time, too! Must we wait another decade for a definitive Jango Fett?! I'm surprised he wasn't revealed in the pipeline...

One of the few reveals today I'm excited about! He couldn't be more deserving of being released in TVC. I bet they'll used the excellent BS figure sculpt, scaled down. It's darn near perfect.

My favorite pipeline for the day, great to be getting Dooku in the line. I’m actually surprised he’s coming out, haha.

I do wonder how much new tooling it will have? There isn’t really a character I can immediately think of that can be reused. I’m sure there’s at least one character’s legs that are viable.

They could probably get away with using Piett's lower legs, though I think the boots are too high compared to Dooku's. So they would theoretically only need to tool up a new pelvis, hips, thighs and head sculpt, as I feel the current torso and arms are just fine. Possible new hinged wrists. Could be done though, just depends on how much budget they have for him.

They could probably get away with using Piett's lower legs, though I think the boots are too high compared to Dooku's. So they would theoretically only need to tool up a new pelvis, hips, thighs and head sculpt, as I feel the current torso and arms are just fine. Possible new hinged wrists. Could be done though, just depends on how much budget they have for him.

Boots aside, Piett's legs are just too short. Christopher Lee was tall, 6'5ish, so I think Dooku is going to be newly tooled from the ground up. I don't think Hasbro would skimp on a character like him.

But that's where why you make up the difference in new thighs. I'll go on record saying that if Dooku figure is all new, it will not be the same height as his predecessor.

As long as it’s a neutral (yet menacing) and accurate Christopher Lee facial expression and is solidly articulated, I’m in.

Really need to get an updated Dooku figure, since the most recent figure of him I have is the one with the action feature and the big ol’ Force lightning attachment.

Honestly, a lot of PT main characters need upgrades now. Dooku was high on that list, and Jango is now topping that list, IMO, when Dooku once was. I'd argue we still haven't gotten a truly definitive Maul either. Every time I look at TVC Maul, it's like an itch I cannot scratch when I see that freaking armband communicator thingy on his wrist. If there was ever a figure that deserved every single possible articulation point they've developed to this day, it's Maul. I think all the PT Obi-Wans could be done significantly better, though I don't think they're all bad figures. Obviously, TPM Anakin and Padme need redone; it's been ages. Qui-Gon could absolutely be done a lot better. I mean, really, most of the PT mains are dated now. Now, that doesn't mean I think they're that dated or bad figures, though perhaps some are.

The only problem with Jango is that I prefer that cobalt blue jumpsuit the first few figures had, but the correct hue is more purplish.

While I will get this, it hasn't been a real need for me. But before you think ill of me, let me say that I am truly excited for HothHan, bac, Agen_Kolar, and so many others that I have seen post so many times how important this figure is to them. Congratulations to you all!

Hasbro, if you actually release Dooku based on this forum and others, thanks for listening. If not, oh well, good timing.

Honestly, a lot of PT main characters need upgrades now. Dooku was high on that list, and Jango is now topping that list, IMO, when Dooku once was. I'd argue we still haven't gotten a truly definitive Maul either. Every time I look at TVC Maul, it's like an itch I cannot scratch when I see that freaking armband communicator thingy on his wrist. If there was ever a figure that deserved every single possible articulation point they've developed to this day, it's Maul. I think all the PT Obi-Wans could be done significantly better, though I don't think they're all bad figures. Obviously, TPM Anakin and Padme need redone; it's been ages. Qui-Gon could absolutely be done a lot better. I mean, really, most of the PT mains are dated now. Now, that doesn't mean I think they're that dated or bad figures, though perhaps some are.
I've been waiting for an updated Theed Battle Padme for eons! 😤

A long overdue addition to Vintage--well done Hasbro, I hope you knock it out of the part and do Sir Christopher proud!

And if Hasbro wants to milk this upcoming figure mold's parts to make the Tales of the Jedi versions (either one), I wouldn't be opposed to the idea.

This guy is a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time coming. It's still utterly baffling how Count Dooku, the main villain of an entire film and the figurehead antagonist behind the darn Clone Wars, has never gotten into TVC before this. How is that even possible?

I'm not sure if it's awesome or if it's kind of sad for me that this is, by far, what excited me most today.
I’ve been asking myself the same question too, but it shouldn’t come as a surprise since Hasbro has sorely neglected the prequel trilogy in the TVC line. So many characters from the prequel films could stand for updates. I remember Office Duel Palpatine being on many wishlists for years, but an update for him never came to fruition despite Palpatine being a major antagonist as well. Same with Nute Gunray, who was a key villain in the PT yet has never had a modern figure since 2003. On the bright side, our patience will pay off since, as time progresses, figures become better quality. That being said, I’m looking forward to this figure and am curious to see how they attempt his cape.

Last edited:
Great news! Dooku is one of my favorite characters from the PT era!

Hopefully this will be all-new. No mucking around with 2005 sculpts as a starting point.

Count Dooku from Attack of the Clones. Code-named "Queens" & is VC307. This is part of TVC2 Wave 4, which also includes Captain Cassian Andor, Phase I Clone Trooper & Finn (Starkiller Base).

Completely new tooling. Comes with soft goods cape with double-sided print color, his unique lightsaber with lit and unlit hilts, & interchangeable hand with force lightning effect.

On shelf Spring 2024. MSRP is $16.99.

Available for pre-order October 30th at 1pm ET at
Hasbro-Pulse-Icon-18px.png
and additional Fan Channel retailers including
Amazon-Icon-18px.png

Press Release

Inspired by Star Wars: Attack of the Clones, this 3.75-inch-scale Count Dooku figure makes a great addition to any fan’s collection.

MCM London Comic-Con Display & Recap Video Images

VC-Count-Dooku-AOTC-MCM-Comic-Con-Display-Loose-1.jpg

VC-Count-Dooku-AOTC-Livestream-Loose-1.jpg

Press Images

VC-Count-Dooku-AOTC-Carded-1-Resized.jpg
VC-Count-Dooku-AOTC-Loose-1-Resized.jpg

VC-Count-Dooku-AOTC-Loose-2-Resized.jpg
VC-Count-Dooku-AOTC-Loose-3-Resized.jpg

VC-Count-Dooku-AOTC-Loose-4-Resized.jpg
VC-Count-Dooku-AOTC-Loose-5-Resized.jpg

VC-Count-Dooku-AOTC-Loose-6-Resized.jpg
VC-Count-Dooku-AOTC-Loose-7-Resized.jpg

HD Images

Spoiler:  
VC-Count-Dooku-AOTC-Carded-1.jpg

VC-Count-Dooku-AOTC-Loose-1.jpg

VC-Count-Dooku-AOTC-Loose-3.jpg

VC-Count-Dooku-AOTC-Loose-4.jpg

VC-Count-Dooku-AOTC-Loose-6.jpg

Last edited:
He's a shared fan exclusive, same with literally all of today's reveals. Does that worry anyone else?

I think I’ve been watching Clone Wars too much. I kinda want his face a little more elongated vertically.

But it works from certain angles.

As long as he can do his pre-fight saber salute, I’m in.

Back