Coronavirus Customs

Reaction score
Started this thread over at the fighting 118th. Seems since many of us have some unexpected downtime Let's see what customs, dioramas or whatever we create.

Started a long over due Poison Ivy custom, & some boss fight stuff. Will post pictures later.

Lets see what ya got!

Reaction score
Some of these are still works in progress
Mummy, Femaile Stromertrooper, Hawk girl, General Al Ein, commander of Ming's forces. (Background Grand Master & Athenia
sm hawkgirl.jpg

Cheerleader Harley Quin, Posion Ivy (Glow in the dark face) Frank, Older Harley Quin custom, Tick & Arthur, Dune: Bene Gesserit

sm posion ivy.jpg
Lex corp troopers, Evil Lin Skeletor,
sm_skeletor.jpg

Reaction score
looks amazing, I've been making custom Kenner Star Wars characters during my stay at home life:

Major Derlin - Empire Strikes Back

General Rieekan - Empire Strikes Back

Han Solo - Brown Coat

Hoth Luke Skywalker - more accurate uniform from Empire Strikes back

Endor Rebel Commando: - Return of the Jedi

Dressellian Rebel Commando

Dressellian Hoth Rebel Commander

Nik Sant - Return of the Jedi - with removable helmet

Improved A New Hope Luke Skywalker:

Bespin Han Solo - Empire Strikes back:

Telescoping Lightsaber Jedi Luke Skywalker

General Madine - Hoth

Hoth Deck Officer and R5 unit

Hoth Rebel Solider:

Imperial Scanning Crew - A New Hope

New and Improved Greedo - A New Hope

Luke Skywalker - X-Wing Pilot with removable helmet

I have more just haven't had a chance to upload them yet.

Reaction score
here's a few more:

K-3PO - Empire Strikes Back:

Bo Shek - A New Hope:

Endor Rebel Commando - Return of the Jedi

Major Panno - Return of the Jedi:

Ithorian Hoth Rebel - Expanded Universe:

Sullustan Hoth Rebel Commander - Expanded Universe

Twi'lek Hoth Rebel Solider: - Expanded Universe

Gran Hoth Rebel Solider - Expanded Universe

Rebel R5 Droid - Expanded Universe:

Lando Calrissian - Smuggler's outfit - Empire Strikes Back:

General Leia Organa - Return of the Jedi:

Mongo Beefhead's Tribesman - Kenner Star Wars The Epic Continues line (cancelled line after the Kenner POTF 1985)

Hoth Rebel Soliders: - The Empire Strikes Back:

Reaction score
here's a couple more of "Social Distancing" series of custom action figures:

Nik Sant / Captain Rex: - used a modern Kenner rifle and helmet, Prune face body/legs, rebel commando arms and General Madine head

Hrchek Kal Fas - Nien Numb body with Bossk head, arms and feet

Death Squad Commanders (grey uniform): Imperial Commander bodies with Death Squad heads.

Princess Leia Yavin Ceremony : Bespin Leia torso, Bib Fortuna legs, lots of sanding, shower curtain for vinyl cape - she still needs lots of work. gonna try redoing her at some point to make her look more feminine

Hoth Han Solo (minus Hood)

Hoth Princess Leia - basic repaint

Hoth Lando Calrissian -always wondered if Lando was introduced earlier if he would have been on Hoth - he may also be a character from the EU novel I'm working on called Blizzard Brigade

Hoth Rebel Solider - Hoth Rebel solider for the body with hoth Luke head - (character from my EU novel that I'm working on called Blizzard Brigade

Yavin Ceremony Luke Skywalker - Bespin Han body with Bespin Luke head, medal is from Galactic Heroes Yavin Leia (couldn't locate my Hasbro medals)

Reaction score
SG42 is loading up & getting ready to go home via Stargate. Using a few lighting tricks to make it work.

Reaction score
Walmart online. The wormhole is actually a printout fro my previous Stargate & is being reflected into the mirror. (You can spot some of the ring print out in the reflection)

I currently have both sides semi mirrored to create a see through effect, (& display the wormhole.) But I am currently thinking of using a real mirror for the rear. (Like in the picture) because the infinity effect looks much better.

Reaction score
Walmart online. The wormhole is actually a printout fro my previous Stargate & is being reflected into the mirror. (You can spot some of the ring print out in the reflection)

I currently have both sides semi mirrored to create a see through effect, (& display the wormhole.) But I am currently thinking of using a real mirror for the rear. (Like in the picture) because the infinity effect looks much better.
Nice. I've been wanting to use that stuff for a detention block piece but havent ever really sought out the materials but clearly (no pun) its out there.

what was it called on Wal-mart online?

View media item 342535

Reaction score
Just do a search for mirror privacy window film
You can get it at Lowe’s Home Depo or a craft store.

Get enough to experiment on. The matterial can scratch easily but I just placed it on the inside of the housing.

Reaction score
No need to to be rude. I''m sure you don't like to be talked to like this.
here's a few more:
Sorry to say it but you should really take some sort of painting class or just stop before ruining anymore figures. These are of the worst painted customs I've ever seen posted to Rebel Scum. (n)

Reaction score
Sorry to say it but you should really take some sort of painting class or just stop before ruining anymore figures. These are of the worst painted customs I've ever seen posted to Rebel Scum. (n)
thank you for your constructive criticism. I'm doing these purely for my enjoyment.

Reaction score
Did that make you feel good, crapping all over someone else's enjoyment? You sure showed him, way to be an *******.

Reaction score
Did that make you feel good, crapping all over someone else's enjoyment? You sure showed him, way to be an *******.
So I'm supposed to tell him "great job" and lie to just to keep the warm and fuzzy vibe going instead of being honest? Get real.

Reaction score
So I'm supposed to tell him "great job" and lie to just to keep the warm and fuzzy vibe going instead of being honest? Get real.
Or... crazy idea... you could have said nothing, kept it to yourself. You're not required to respond. But instead, you chose to be a ****. What do you get out of tearing somebody down? A boost to your own ego? A feeling of superiority? How sad.

Reaction score
Or... crazy idea... you could have said nothing, kept it to yourself. You're not required to respond. But instead, you chose to be a ****. What do you get out of tearing somebody down? A boost to your own ego? A feeling of superiority? How sad.
If you put something out for others to comment and pass judgement on, it's not gonna be all butterflies and roses if what you are presenting is of that quality. The only people who go along with or ignore such things are those that also hope everyone is getting a participation medal. That's not how life works. I didn't tear anyone down, I made an honest assessment of what was put in front of me and suggested that lessons in painting would be in order so that no other figures end up looking like that. When something is awesome I say so, when something is crap, I'm not afraid to call it for what it is. Using your logic, if you don't like what I have to say you shouldn't be commenting on it anyhow and just stick to saying nothing at all. You can't have it both ways.

Reaction score
If you put something out for others to comment and pass judgement on, it's not gonna be all butterflies and roses if what you are presenting is of that quality. The only people who go along with or ignore such things are those that also hope everyone is getting a participation medal. That's not how life works. I didn't tear anyone down, I made an honest assessment of what was put in front of me and suggested that lessons in painting would be in order so that no other figures end up looking like that. When something is awesome I say so, when something is crap, I'm not afraid to call it for what it is. Using your logic, if you don't like what I have to say you shouldn't be commenting on it anyhow and just stick to saying nothing at all. You can't have it both ways.
Come on, man. You’re just defending yourself for being called out at this point. Truth is, these aren’t very bad and can be redone IF so desired. Let’s see how you could respond in a constructive manner, regardless of the level of craftsmanship of the customizer, by maybe saying you could have done this another way or similar comments. He’s happy with the end product he created, and cares little for your narrow opinion. Show us your skills and post your own customs here. If you can’t, you got no legs to stand on and definately no right to put down someone else’s effort. Basically put up, or shut up.

Reaction score
Well, the paintwork is a bit unsteady, yes, but the parts-melding and kit-bashing ideas are pretty nifty, with some designs I've not seen anyone else do.

"I call it like I see it" is the lamest excuse for being plain rude I've ever heard, and I hear it a lot -- mainly from people who have no manners. Strangely, when it's pointed out they're being rude, they get even ruder, and try to defend their obnoxious belligerence. Obviously had no proper bringing up with The Golden Rule. Go be a troll somewhere else. Sorry, but I just call it like I see it.

Reaction score
I for one really like them, especially using vintage Kenner figures. Back then when we played with the toys we didn't care if they were imperfect (not saying these are), but to me these are great and would fit right in with the toys of my childhood.

Utinniii

Reaction score
I've missed this thread since I don't frequent this part of the forum. Fortunately, it was called to my attention although for a cruddy reason.
Constructive criticism if fine of course. Rudeness is not.

There are a lot of unique figures in here with some really inventive ideas. I'm sure painting and sculpting will improve over time. In fact, I can see from some of the pictures an improvement in both areas.

While it is true one can offer their insights on something open to critique, it can be done in a productive and helpful way. Offering suggestions will only be useful when it isn't put in a way that makes the person feel inferior in some way.

Just because someone isn't happy with the way you present yourself, it doesn't mean you can clump them into some category (participation medals) that minimizes their opinion.

Tact is also helpful. Scorn and petulance are not good ways to get your views across. I'm sure you'd agree that the words you used were not going to come across in a positive way.

Finally, understand that your freedom to criticize allows others to call you out on it. There is a big difference between dumping on someone's art and calling out someone for being rude.

OR
You can comment without being a jerk can't you? You should take some etiquette lessons because your manners are some of the worst I've seen in this forum.
Only an idiot would think they wouldn't get called out for peeing in someone else's cornflakes.
The way life works is if you act like a tool you will be treated like one.
I'm not afraid to call out a d-bag when I see one and you are a huge hypocrite if you complain.
That's just my opinion, which I'm entitled to.
(That was just responding to or paraphrasing your comments BTW)

I'm sure you see the difference between these 2 responses. Both convey the same information and although you might not appreciate either of them, the second one is harder to hear. (And for the record, only the first response is sincere. The second is an object lesson.)

Read the room. Your comments are not appreciated here. Just from the title alone you should realize that the circumstances of making these are stressful. Why tear down a thread where people are building something good in a bad situation?

I don't go into a golf club to tell them how stupid their <finger quotations> "sport" <finger quotations> is.

Why don't you find some like minded people and hang out with them. You'd be more welcome there.

Video Viper, sorry for derailing your thread. Let's get back on topic and ignore the trolls.

Reaction score
Guys, ignore the troll. He's allowed to share an opinion and continually calling him out for being rude is just feeding his need for attention. Get back to the subject at hand and don't allow it to be derailed.

Reaction score
Guys, ignore the troll. He's allowed to share an opinion and continually calling him out for being rude is just feeding his need for attention. Get back to the subject at hand and don't allow it to be derailed.
OK. Back on topic. Selective beater selection, EasyOff oven cleaner, a jar, and a couple hours can get you this...
DD79A6EE-16F0-4DFA-A4D1-083A443C0C4D.jpegF5FCE2FB-92B5-48D5-9CB1-D18E5474F8E2.jpeg

From here you can leave as-is or spray white to make K3PO.

Reaction score
^ I hope no-one from Hasbro sees this. Their "prototype collection" was bad enough - I can see a "production collection" being revealed in New York next year!

Reaction score
I apologize for posting the pictures of thecustom figures I made and derailing this thread. won't be posting anymore.

Reaction score
I apologize for posting the pictures of thecustom figures I made and derailing this thread. won't be posting anymore.
Nah, don’t let that guy bum you out, bro. Your customs are cool and inventive. They also belong in the thread. It’s why it is up. Keep doing you and ignore people who can’t do better.

Reaction score
KEEP POSTING! these are quite good, and as you do more, they become easier. you will look back as they improve, and see the progress you have made. I have been doing customs for a good 30 years now, and those look way better than the stuff I tackled in the first few years. I do see you have encountered some of the same hurdles I have, and I have a couple of tips that can help.

When doing vintage eyes, use a dab of paint on a toothpick for the round parts first, then paint a line above : ). also your paint never has to go on in one application. a few thinner layers will work for you better. I'm not being a goon, I have made these exact mistakes and am still making tons of new ones. These are fantastic, keep em coming!!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Absolutely keep posting I have been doing customs for years & I know not everything I post is 100% ready. Your customs are quite nice & the point of this thread is to encourage people to share, try it themselves & enjoy

Reaction score
Don't listen to that pillock, mate. Yours were some of the most inventive kit-bashes I've seen in years.

Reaction score
Please please do not apologies! I just saw this thread....your customs are inspiring! Here is proof. With this whole corona thing going on pieces and parts are of limited supply and I have all the time in the world. I was scanning the Internet looking for inspiration to make a new piece and found this pic. I was so inspired I decided to attempt one myself ......thank you for being my inspiration on this one.😁
View media item 397531View media item 397532
Still a work in progress but inspired by you.