Cooler than SW finds here ver. VII

Reaction score
Re: BBTS

Same thing here. At one point, had Starscream and a CS Zarana in my cart, but 45 minutes later, after having had to remove Starscream from my cart, I had to remove CS Zarana as well. I love how having something in your cart is really meaningless. Shades of Digital River popping up at HTS now. I also loved how they told me to remove Zarana from my cart to continue with my order. Yea, when you only have one item in your cart, and you remove it, continuing with your order is...

Reaction score

AbeSapien said:
Yodajoe said:
Hasbro Toy Shop = Epic fail....tried to order a SDCC exclusive online, had it in my cart for 40 minutes and was unable to check out, then the item showed out of stock.
Not a good way to run a business.
Yep it was a huge joke this morning...

Had both Z's and starscream in cart to final step and Star sold out and I couldnt remove it... time to start over...
....forgot to mention, that I was on the phone for nearly as long and came up empty there as well.

Reaction score

Yodajoe said:
AbeSapien said:
Yodajoe said:
Hasbro Toy Shop = Epic fail....tried to order a SDCC exclusive online, had it in my cart for 40 minutes and was unable to check out, then the item showed out of stock.
Not a good way to run a business.
Yep it was a huge joke this morning...

Had both Z's and starscream in cart to final step and Star sold out and I couldnt remove it... time to start over...
....forgot to mention, that I was on the phone for nearly as long and came up empty there as well.
Same here. Had all 3 in the cart to help people out but would not let me submit. Tried for over 90 mins and nothing

Reaction score

Mofo_Jones said:
And I'll bet the "fun" will be repeated at mattycollector next week, eh?
Matty does preorder for sdcc... we are all set on that...

Reaction score

Well, luckily for Matty, they like to put up a different variant of the con exclusive, at least for MOTUC, so yea, Matty madness on the 1st.

Reaction score

Target reset had DC universe Batman 2 packs (Movie and Arkham City). Also had the Halo 10th aniv figures. The Silver master chief is pretty sweet. New Joe 12 inch was their as well. McFarlane NFL 26 but only had Bradshaw.

Reaction score

If anyone spots any good Lego sets at 75% can you let me know please? I'm mainly interested in the Toy Story Pizza Planet truck and Train but also any Pirates and Harry Potter stuff too.
Oh yeah I also need one of those Tron identity discs at 75% off, thanks

Reaction score

LandoGriffin said:
If anyone spots any good Lego sets at 75% can you let me know please? I'm mainly interested in the Toy Story Pizza Planet truck and Train but also any Pirates and Harry Potter stuff too.
Oh yeah I also need one of those Tron identity discs at 75% off, thanks

I can tell you that out of all the targets I visited (all along HW 65 to I-80 to I-5 in Woodland) today none had the pizza planet truck at 75% off (havent seen the train anywhere in a while). The only place that had 75% off any was in Lincoln and Woodland (mostly city and cars sets). They are void of lego now though.

Reaction score

The Pizza planet truck vanished from Target in Vacaville and Fairfield at 50%. I picked one up but I'm not sold on keeping it. If I decide I don't want it, I'll check with you before returning it or throwing it on ebay or bricklink.

Reaction score

Thanks for the info guys. I was at the Madison store within the last week and saw some of the stuff I mentioned at 50% off and figured I'd wait to see if anything hit 75%. Oh well I did take advantage of the buy one get one 40% off at TRU today and got the Creator lighthouse and Creator hilltop house so I really shouldn't be spending any more.

Lars - do any of the local Kmarts have any good clearance stuff? When I first heard about their clearance I checked the Kmart on Riverside but just saw everything regular priced on the shelves, back then I didn't know I had to scan everything and haven't been back since then.

Reaction score

LG, I'll check here for TRON discs, and I'll likely check Kmart over in Fairfield. Do you have a color preference on the disc? The white ones are long gone, but last time I noticed, they had them for Sam and Rinzler...(black with blue or orange, I think)

Reaction score

The disc color doesn't matter. Thanks for checking. Last month when we were in Disneyland the boys wanted Tron discs at the park but they were like $25 there and I told them to wait until we got to a Target. They have since forgotten but when i saw that they were on clearance I figured I would surprise them. I'm going to check a Target tonight after work too.

Reaction score

LandoGriffin said:
Lars - do any of the local Kmarts have any good clearance stuff? When I first heard about their clearance I checked the Kmart on Riverside but just saw everything regular priced on the shelves, back then I didn't know I had to scan everything and haven't been back since then.
I checked kmart out about 3 weeks ago when they were doing the same promotion. It can be hit or miss as to if they are marked. I did find some things that werent marked so I always recommend to scan the older sets.

Reaction score

I checked Kmart on Riverside last night and everything I scanned was full price. May try to check another store this weekend.
Mofo - I was able to get two of the last Tron discs last night but I appreaciate the help.

Reaction score

Glad you found the discs, because I didn't find them around here at all. Plenty of the static 2 packs at $1.25 each, but I'm not even remotely interested in those.

Did you find a pizza planet truck yet?

Reaction score

Marconi had a couple left at 50% 0ff, didn't grab one, decided I would take my chances and see if they hit 75%

Reaction score

I'm doing the same thing - if they drop to 75% off I'll grab one and return the 50% off one I have. Still have the receipt good for about 82 days in case I don't want it.

Reaction score

Wow, busiest I've seen the threads in a quite a while. That's a good thing.
....thanks to Jason for the SDCC exclusives!
It was good seeing you, Joe and the family last night as well. Thanks for the hospitality....thanks to Brett for the Matty S.T.R.I.P.E. exclusive! You came through in a pinch.

Reaction score

Hit a few Target and Kmarts today - no good Lego finds but at one Target i got the Tron three man light jet for $7.48 and at one Kmart got the classic white light cycle and the one man light jet for $4 each, putting them away for Christmas

Reaction score

Looking for a DC Universe endcap at walmarts. Let me know if you run across one.

Reaction score

Hey guys MP Rodimus was found in the Bay Area today. If someone sees him please stash (I have a Facebook 20% off coupon to use) thanks

Reaction score

My wife was off work today and hit TRU for me at opening and was able to grab MP Rodimus for me so I'm glad I can cross that one off my list. She said two were being held for someone at customer service and one guy grabbed the other one off the shelf

Reaction score

Don't know if anyone else cares, but I managed to find the Scorpion from the Spider-Man line at a WM this morning. Looked like Lizard was already gone though :-(

Reaction score

Thank you Jason for the Joe Vipers and to Sean for the assist!....thanks to Sean for help with the new ML Universe figures!

Reaction score

Thanks Jeff for the heads up on where to find the Crime Syndicate pack!