Cooler than SW finds here ver. VII

Reaction score
Re: Rickey knows Rickey best

AbeSapien said:
LandoGriffin said:
Big thanks to Jason for picking up the final wave of Generations deluxe for me this morning! Feels good to be done.
np, total of 6 sets and everyone is done BAM!
The two closest WMs to me only had unopened cases of DOTM deluxes, so much thanks for snagging these for me as well! Awesome wave.

Just have Grapple and Windcharger to go, but I am not holding my breath on getting those anytime soon. Just missed the HTS restock on Grapple the other day.

Reaction score

WWE "Macho Man" has landed....scored him this morning!

Reaction score

That's great! Saw that line clearance at target this morning...

Reaction score

Been hitting places the last few days, anyone seeing any of the newest Joe figures?

Reaction score

not since last week or the week before...

Reaction score

Ok Marvel fans, I've decided to take a dip into the Marvel Universe waters....picked up a few things today, but looking for a few older series 1, wave 1 figures: Black Panther and Daredevil (red). I believe Black Panther is being reissued, but if anyone finds/has extras of those two I'd take 'em off your hands. I'd like a Vision (non-variant), but the prices are ridiculous....I'm sure this is a year+ conversation, but why pack the standard version in short numbers vs the variant? Dumb.

Reaction score

Yodajoe said:
Ok Marvel fans, I've decided to take a dip into the Marvel Universe waters....picked up a few things today, but looking for a few older series 1, wave 1 figures: Black Panther and Daredevil (red). I believe Black Panther is being reissued, but if anyone finds/has extras of those two I'd take 'em off your hands. I'd like a Vision (non-variant), but the prices are ridiculous....I'm sure this is a year+ conversation, but why pack the standard version in short numbers vs the variant? Dumb.
I saw tons of those, he just hasn't had a re-release yet... he will.

Reaction score

I haven't posted in here in years...

Not really a find exactly, but the "Star Wars Day" tickets went on sale for the SF Giants. The game is on September 4th at I believe 1:05. Its note worthy because this will be the first Lucas Film authorized Star Wars event at Giants Stadium, AND it'll mark the first Giants themed Star Wars give away item. At the end of the game they'll have a screening of Empire Strikes Back as well. There is more information at:

SF Giants Promotions, StarWarsDay

Also, you'll have to follow the link for tickets, as they will include a special voucher insuring you'll get a give away item. Stub Hub and the SF giants ticketing site only have regular tickets, not special event tickets.

Reaction score

Thanks - my wife was laughing at that, meaning I might just get a chance to go. Geekfest at the Giants, anyone?

Reaction score

Oooh look, posting again - was just at Target out here, the new TF3:DOTM stuff is on the pegs. Probably old news to the rest of you, but I didn't see anything specifically mentioning it in the last couple of pages.

Reaction score

Mofo_Jones said:
Oooh look, posting again - was just at Target out here, the new TF3:DOTM stuff is on the pegs. Probably old news to the rest of you, but I didn't see anything specifically mentioning it in the last couple of pages.
Today was the official street date. Along with Capt America and Cars2

Reaction score

Ah, this is what happens when I'm not paying attention. I'm sure the same stuff is available everywhere right now and nothing is especially rare yet.

Reaction score

I ended up picking up the Captain America K-Mart 3-pack at lunch today. Originally I wasn't terribly interested, but seeing it in person, it's actually pretty good... provided you find one with decent paint apps. 3 of the 4 I looked at had white spots on Cap's face. Way to go Hasbro Quality Control!

Reaction score

BrettX209 said:
I ended up picking up the Captain America K-Mart 3-pack at lunch today. Originally I wasn't terribly interested, but seeing it in person, it's actually pretty good... provided you find one with decent paint apps. 3 of the 4 I looked at had white spots on Cap's face. Way to go Hasbro Quality Control!
Agreed, a cool 3-pack....I'm in a quandry. Picked up the iconic Captain America from the movie "comic" line, have the Secret Wars 2-pack Cap, and now the 3-pk version. I'm thinking about unloading the Secret Wars Cap because the version in cluded looks to be an Ultimates version (belt with pouches). The 3-pk version is the preferred version painted, but looks to be made of an inferior plastic. Then there's the movie line figure, all-around looks like the best fit. Thinking about keeping the movie version and the 3-pk version, then using the shield from the 3-pk version for the upcioming U.S. Agent figure; since the upcoming U.S. Agent looks to have some type of a special effects version shield.

Reaction score

You know, I was just talking about this same thing with Jason a couple days ago. Thinking about it, I might still have my old Toy Biz Marvel Superheroes US Agent, and that shield might be about the right size.

Yodajoe said:
Thinking about keeping the movie version and the 3-pk version, then using the shield from the 3-pk version for the upcioming U.S. Agent figure; since the upcoming U.S. Agent looks to have some type of a special effects version shield.

Reaction score

BrettX209 said:
You know, I was just talking about this same thing with Jason a couple days ago. Thinking about it, I might still have my old Toy Biz Marvel Superheroes US Agent, and that shield might be about the right size.

Yodajoe said:
Thinking about keeping the movie version and the 3-pk version, then using the shield from the 3-pk version for the upcioming U.S. Agent figure; since the upcoming U.S. Agent looks to have some type of a special effects version shield.
Ok, figured it out. If you really want a shield for U.S. Agent, look no further than the Deluxe Mission Pack Captain America (Fortress Assault Mission). That's the Agent's shield....found a phasing Vision today, though I'd love a standard version; here's to a re-release.

Reaction score

Been on the hunt the last two weeks. Found some older MU figures and a few new Capt. America (movie line) ones I was looking for. No sign of the newest G.I. Joe figures.

Reaction score

If anyone hits up Ross/Marshalls/TJ Maxx can you please keep an eye out for Transformers Hunt for the Decepticons legends Megatron and Trailcutter and voyager Grapple

Reaction score

Found wave 5 joes at walmart in west sac this morning. yo JOE!

Reaction score

If anyone is going to Botcon this weekend can you please pick up a Windcharger for me (assuming the price isn't ridiculous)? According to the Botcon Twitter page the Transformers Collectors Club store will be selling him

Reaction score

LandoGriffin said:
If anyone is going to Botcon this weekend can you please pick up a Windcharger for me (assuming the price isn't ridiculous)? According to the Botcon Twitter page the Transformers Collectors Club store will be selling him
I just heard from Joe that Windcharger can only be bought with the entire set from that wave...

Reaction score
DC Reboot

I found this to be reassuring.

Didio: "This was a chance to start, not at the beginning, but at a point where our characters are younger and the stories are being told for today's audience."

CBR: Green Lantern #1 - Even with a new #1, Green Lantern remains in Johns' hands, and readers can expect the effects of major crossovers like "Blackest Night" to stay in place moving forward.

Reaction score
Re: DC Reboot

AbeSapien said:
I found this to be reassuring.

Didio: "This was a chance to start, not at the beginning, but at a point where our characters are younger and the stories are being told for today's audience."

CBR: Green Lantern #1 - Even with a new #1, Green Lantern remains in Johns' hands, and readers can expect the effects of major crossovers like "Blackest Night" to stay in place moving forward.
That is good news, glad to hear that GL is still in John's hands.

I wish Marvel/DC would figure out that when they do a reboot/restart of a long-running book, it is not only a good jumping on point but also a great jumping off point. I am getting the feeling that my monthly haul of DC books is going to drop dramatically. I am really not interested in Jim Lee's redesign of all of the DCU's characters, especially after seeing Wonder Woman.

Apparently DC editorial forgot how well Heroes Reborn turned out ten years ago.

Reaction score

AbeSapien said:
LandoGriffin said:
I just heard from Joe that Windcharger can only be bought with the entire set from that wave...
Booooo!
Hopefully this subject is brought up at the Q&[censored]

Reaction score

Thanks to Jason and Sean for the two G.I. Joe IG figures!

Reaction score

Ok so Grapple and Windcharger have both been found at Ross in California. So if anyone stops by a Ross please keep and eye out for them. Thanks!

Reaction score
BBTS

BBTS is kicking me in the butt. All my pre-orders coming to me within two weeks...

Green Lantern Movie Masters waves 2 and 3
DCU waves 17 and 18... love it but ouch!

Reaction score
Re: BBTS

Jason, let me know how the new GL figures (Bzzzd and Isamot Kol) look....no new Joes found in over a month....repacked/refreshed MU figures....looking for the Iron Man: Armored Avenger - Crimson Dynamo figure.

Reaction score

I happened upon some Halo Mega Bloks Covenant Wraith's for a good price, anyone want one for $15? That's half of retail.

Reaction score

Thanks Jason for the Wraith and help on some Comic Con stuff!

I saw the new GI JOE Skystriker at Target this morning. Box was smaller than I remember but overall looked pretty cool. May have to pick one up if the price drops from $34.99

Reaction score

Hasbro Toy Shop = Epic fail....tried to order a SDCC exclusive online, had it in my cart for 40 minutes and was unable to check out, then the item showed out of stock.
Not a good way to run a business.

Reaction score

Yodajoe said:
Hasbro Toy Shop = Epic fail....tried to order a SDCC exclusive online, had it in my cart for 40 minutes and was unable to check out, then the item showed out of stock.
Not a good way to run a business.
Yep it was a huge joke this morning...

Had both Z's and starscream in cart to final step and Star sold out and I couldnt remove it... time to start over...