Cooler than SW finds here ver. VII

Reaction score
Re: TECHNO VIPER

I have to say, Hasbro is putting their best foot forward... nice stuff out of toyfair.

Reaction score

What do you guys think of the Skystriker/Starscream w/ Cobra Commander/Megatron (gun mode)?

Reaction score

Yodajoe said:
What do you guys think of the Skystriker/Starscream w/ Cobra Commander/Megatron (gun mode)?
Love it, great idea...

I must say, I am very overwhelmed after seeing Mattel/DC Directs offerings... very... too much crap I want this year...

Reaction score

Yodajoe said:
Freaking awesome!

Just for fun... here's another vid of the Volkswagen Force commercial... looks like it's got some outtakes in it. I like the ending on this one better too...

Reaction score

MunkyX said:
Yodajoe said:
Freaking awesome!

Just for fun... here's another vid of the Volkswagen Force commercial... looks like it's got some outtakes in it. I like the ending on this one better too...
That's great!

Reaction score

AbeSapien said:
TECHNO FREAKING VIPER!!!! cant wait for pics... god help me and troop building this one.. I'd say I need one for every BAT I have...
Yes! Finally some cool Joe stuff to look forward to. Stoked about Techno-Viper, Sci-Fi, Zarana, Crazylegs and probably one or two others I'm forgetting at the moment. Hazard Viper looks pretty cool too. Not sure what happened with the Iron Grenadier and Rock Viper though. Yikes.

Reaction score

Yodajoe said:
I first saw a pic of this through Botcon's Twitter feed and I was like WTF? After I learned that it comes with a Cobra Commander with G1 Gunmode Megatron scaled to fit Joes, I was like oh [censored] yes. This is likely the closest we will ever come to a Joe/Tf crossover toyline. I'll take it.

Reaction score

MunkyX said:
Yodajoe said:
Freaking awesome!

Nice!

That reminds me that I came across a couple of cool YouTube vids I wanted to share:

First up is a "review" of MP Hot Rod/imus Prime done by a guy imitating Optimus Prime. Bonus Points for using flange to make his Prime voice sound more like the G1 toon, love the subtle humor:

Prime reviews...Masterpiece Rodimus

Next up is quite possibly the most awesome live action GI Joe footage ever produced for commercial purposes. Yes I am looking at you ROC. Bonus points for live action Cobra Commander dubbed with Chris Latta's voice:

Live Action Joe Commercials from the '90s

From the bit about G.I. Joe Star Brigade: (As SB Duke picks up SB Destro) "We gotta stop meeting like this!" Comedy gold right there.

Reaction score

Looking for a Riddler from wave 16 DC universe. Let me know if you find one!

Reaction score
Rickey knows Rickey best

Anyone seen the Rickey Henderson Oakland A's McFarlane figure in stores yet? Looks like they're starting to show up as in stock for e-tailers, but I'd rather pick him up at TRU to save on shipping.

Reaction score
Re: Rickey knows Rickey best

BrettX209 said:
Anyone seen the Rickey Henderson Oakland A's McFarlane figure in stores yet? Looks like they're starting to show up as in stock for e-tailers, but I'd rather pick him up at TRU to save on shipping.
Oh crud guess what I left on the shelf this morning....

I did pick up the Aquaman/Merman 2 pack on sale at TRU today. Brett you interested in the Merman?

Reaction score

Not interested in the MerMan, thanks. I found a Rickey at lunch today, but he was in his Yankees uniform. Seriously? In Citrus Heights? Weak! I'll check the other TRU near by after work this evening.

edit: ...and no luck with Rickey. Boo. 2 each of 4 of the figures, and missing the Ozzie Smith, Catfish Hunter, and Rickey. Weird.

Reaction score

I received my The Tick from shocker Toys today... LOVE IT!! SPOON!!!!

Reaction score

Graphitti Designs
Booth(s): 717
DC Direct Exclusive Action Figures

BRIGHTEST DAY: WHITE LANTERN BATMAN and BRIGHTEST DAY: WHITE LANTERN FLASH DC Direct Action Figures. (Limited to 1000 of each figure)

Limited to two figures (one each) per wristband. Wristband required in order to purchase. $20.00 each.

C2e2's exclusive... welcome Wonder Cons fun...

Reaction score

BrettX209 said:
Not interested in the MerMan, thanks. I found a Rickey at lunch today, but he was in his Yankees uniform. Seriously? In Citrus Heights? Weak! I'll check the other TRU near by after work this evening.

edit: ...and no luck with Rickey. Boo. 2 each of 4 of the figures, and missing the Ozzie Smith, Catfish Hunter, and Rickey. Weird.
found NY Ricky today... sorry Brett!

Reaction score

AbeSapien said:
BrettX209 said:

found NY Ricky today... sorry Brett!
Anyone have an extra NY Ricky? I'd gladly take him off your mits.

Reaction score

If anyone happens to run across Gijoe Poc at tru this week 2 for 10.99. I will take them. I happen to be out of town this week.

Reaction score

Yodajoe said:
Anyone have an extra NY Ricky? I'd gladly take him off your mits.
NY Rickey was gone today, and of course not replaced by Oakland Rickey

Reaction score

Appreciate it. Sean found one for me.....still looking for a NYY Catfish Hunter though.

Reaction score

I'll keep my eyes open. I wish there was an Oakland Catfish, but alas, no.

I went ahead and ordered my Oakland Rickey from EE. Since their price is $3 cheaper than TRU, even with shipping, it only ended up being $2 more than trying to track one down at TRU.

Yodajoe said:
Appreciate it. Sean found one for me.....still looking for a NYY Catfish Hunter though.

Reaction score

Funny, my brother lives in this tiny little town called Millington here in Michigan. My sis in law calls it a village... but they have a comic/toy store around the corner that kicks toy fusions butt. Was really neat to walk through.

Reaction score

I'm thinkin' good call Brett. Oakland Ricky's probably gonna' be hard to score in these parts....appreciate you being on the lookout for me.

Reaction score

Thanks to Sean for scoring me a NYY Ricky and a Lou Gehrig. Go Yankees!

Reaction score

ROC Cancelled alpha vehicles were found in Sacramento at Ross yesterday by someone on hisstank. Id love any that anyone can pickup. Brian found a few in Yuba city and found his set. Still need sets for me joe and kevin and of course i am in ross-less Michigan!

They look like this.

Reaction score

No Joe vehicles at the country club or elkhorn Ross'

New Transformers voyagers (Lugnut, Grapple and Strafe) were spotted at Target in the Bay area so if anyone spots Grapple please stash or pick up
Also BBTS has gotten a lot of new TF's in - scout, legends and deluxe - so they'll probably be hitting retail soon. I need scout Windcharger, deluxe Wheeljack and Thundercracker and from legends Megateon if anyone spots them

Reaction score

AbeSapien said:
ROC Cancelled alpha vehicles were found in Sacramento at Ross yesterday by someone on hisstank. Id love any that anyone can pickup. Brian found a few in Yuba city and found his set. Still need sets for me joe and kevin and of course i am in ross-less Michigan!

They look like this.
Yep, I was able to get a set for myself so I am good on these, and have the 2 subs for Jason so far. If anyone spots restocks please let me know so I can make another run.

Also, snagged those DCU figs at Target you wanted--Jonah Hex, Robin, Creeper, and Mercury. Scanned 'em but none in the back.

Reaction score

LandoGriffin said:
No Joe vehicles at the country club or elkhorn Ross'

New Transformers voyagers (Lugnut, Grapple and Strafe) were spotted at Target in the Bay area so if anyone spots Grapple please stash or pick up
Also BBTS has gotten a lot of new TF's in - scout, legends and deluxe - so they'll probably be hitting retail soon. I need scout Windcharger, deluxe Wheeljack and Thundercracker and from legends Megateon if anyone spots them
I am quoting this because I need everything in this quote too, from Target of course.
My area has been terrible about getting new TF stuff in, big thanks to Jason for scoring darn near everything after wave one for me.

Reaction score

Caught up on things for the moment, though several things are going to be coming out soon....

Reaction score
I'll have to double check Brett, but I thought my local WM had a Cooperstown S2 Oakland Catfish still up; at least as of a month or so ago....

Reaction score
That would be most appreciated, and would fit right in with my moustachioed A's

Yodajoe said:
I'll have to double check Brett, but I thought my local WM had a Cooperstown S2 Oakland Catfish still up; at least as of a month or so ago....

Reaction score
Hey any Wii owners out there ever have the "unable to read disc error" Out of the blue today the WIi I've had since launch just decided to stop reading all discs. Checked google and it seems like this isn't exactly unheard of but can't see any solutions other than send it in to Nintendo for repair. Don't want to send it in if I don't have to though.

Reaction score
LandoGriffin said:
Hey any Wii owners out there ever have the "unable to read disc error" Out of the blue today the WIi I've had since launch just decided to stop reading all discs. Checked google and it seems like this isn't exactly unheard of but can't see any solutions other than send it in to Nintendo for repair. Don't want to send it in if I don't have to though.
The best solution is one Lars and I applied to the Wii...

You can find it Here. It is nice since you can rip your discs and put them up... I would never suggest anything illegal.

Reaction score
AbeSapien said:
LandoGriffin said:
The best solution is one Lars and I applied to the Wii...

You can find it Here. It is nice since you can rip your discs and put them up... I would never suggest anything illegal.
Ya this worked out awesome.