Convention Vintage Weapons & Accessories Expert Table

Reaction score
I'm lucky enough to head to the ICCC convention in Tennessee this year and I sent an e-mail to Mr. Havens to inquiry about the possibility to have Imperial Gunnery experts man a table where we could pay to have a certain amount of our vintage weapons authenticated? He mentioned to me in an email he would look into it, but I have not heard if their will be one there?

So I have two questions:

Do you know a convention/Show where they have this available?

Outside of grading companies is there an alternative authenticating company/group?

Reaction score
I'm lucky enough to head to the ICCC convention in Tennessee this year and I sent an e-mail to Mr. Havens to inquiry about the possibility to have Imperial Gunnery experts man a table where we could pay to have a certain amount of our vintage weapons authenticated? He mentioned to me in an email he would look into it, but I have not heard if their will be one there?

So I have two questions:

Do you know a convention/Show where they have this available?

Outside of grading companies is there an alternative authenticating company/group?
The only issues I see with that is, how do they remain authenticated? Without placing the piece in a tamper case, it's easy to swap for a fake.
These damn repros are getting harder and harder to spot. These are purposely being made to fool us. They can claim what ever they want as to why these are made but we all know the real reason .

Reaction score
Well I'm not sure why he'd say he is "looking into it" but no, the Gunnery will not be attending the ICCC. That's not an indictment on the event either. The Gunnery isn't a profit site, so thre cost of flying in folks would be cost prohibitive

Reaction score
DarthBerizing (I assume the same on IG site?)

Mike Havens said he would look into possibly getting a vintage weapon authentication booth for his convention. I mentioned Imperial Gunnery to him as a possibility. I e-mailed him back in July and no table has not been added to the layout map. I aslo did not get a response e-mail back, He's a busy guy and I completely understand. However if the Imperial Gunnery charged at the convention they could pay for rooms and travel. I would imagine many would not have an issue paying to have vintage weapons authenticated.

What a great way for the Imperial Gunnery to gain new members and help educate collectors. For travel costs I would imagine the ICCC could compensate and funds from the table weapon grading could go to pay them back and any extra could go to improve/maintain the forum and ID page?

My past hobby life I managed Tropical Fish club conventions and we would host between 500-2500 people for conventions depending on the city. We would comp speakers & hobby educators with travel and hotel fees. Then the funds they generated would go back to my club and they got to make the hobby better and grow their hobby base. Any funds over their travel/hotel expenses was theirs to keep.

Why not get Imperial Gunnery to attend conventions???????

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi Toyman

It would be for those of us looking to see if the figures we bought had legit weapons. Also many have weapon stashes and would be good to know if there legit as well. I have gotten good and ID'ing weapons however un-lettered single telescoping lightsabers are tough as hell to determine repro as they float and sink. Also the newer Smith-Lord Creations weapons float and look so good to vintage their getting hard to tell, good example would be the Endor blasters.

I would pay a 1-2 a weapon to verify if it's vintage or reproduction.

Reaction score
I honestly think there just needs to be a "Authenticate My Weapon" sticky thread right here. The need seems to be growing and growing lately . . .

Also, a simple sticky post for how to post photos. . . :whistling:

Last edited: