CONTEST: Final Faction Customs

Utinniii

Reaction score
Really like where you're headed with the throne, I'll bet you can customize pieces that connect to the queen figure, to make her similar to Karina the Great, the Geonosian Queen from Clone Wars. That was the thought that popped into my head as soon as I saw this picture. It's cool that you're going for the world building element with these customs - the company that produces these might get some ideas from you!
Thanks! That is quite the compliment. It is entirely possible, as one of the creators sees my work on FB since he is the Admin of the fan site. I'd be honored if they did.

I'm toying with also giving the throne Decimator or Huntra limbs so it can carry her around, but I think it'll look too busy.

I actually had considered an egg-sack for her.

However, I figure she just now uses the tanks to produce her army. She is the Queen, and she can do what she wants. It is also too close to Alien if that was the case.

Now, I also see some of the lesser species using it, like the spiders, so I decided to make something with expanding foam. I'll have to paint it up when I finally get some free time.

So, I'm still a bit stuck on using this stuff for Star Wars related customs, but I found the Cyberarms can actually stand by themselves... I'm thinking a Tsui Choi in between those could be a pretty cool Kazdan Pratus. Still figuring out what I want to do with some of these parts I've accumulated :unsure:
I can't wait to play with those arms. There are so many possibilities, just using the pieces separately. I was going to say than an early concept for Maz Kanata had cyber-arms but it seems like the concept was repurposed for Kazdan Paratus. I also had that idea. I think they might be too thick for that though, but I haven't played with them yet.

Last edited:

Utinniii

Reaction score
My plans have changed so I won't be able to work on this for a couple of weeks. I was hoping I could get as much of it done while I wait for the masks to show up. This Brute Bastille playset uses the Brute mask on the front. There will be a red river through the mouth and a pool on the inside.

My critter condo has special features of tentacle attacks, swarms and a spider web net to capture Team Alpha.

Reaction score
KoUS (Kharns of unusual size)! I love it.

This is really shaping up Utinniii! Your combination of Styrofoam and spray insulation puts a great texture to what I would imagine the Kharn lair to be like (and based on the cartoon).

The tentacle attack reminds me of a vertical Sarlacc Pit, and can be dangerous to door-to-door salesmen and trick-or-treaters.

Everytime someone posts customs here, it makes me want to stop my current custom project and get working on FF again.

If it wasn't for a job, family, and community I'd have so much time to do customizing!

CUR-SED adulthood!!!!

Utinniii

Reaction score
That's an awesome playset, Utiniii!
Thanks!
Even though I never collected He-Man, I loved the playsets and monsters. If they had been 1:18 scale then I would have had them all.
This is inspired by Castle Greyskull, or at least how I imagined it to be.

My intention was to make a playset for each mask, but considering how much real estate this one takes up, I might only make one more but have the parts for both made just in case.
KoUS (Kharns of unusual size)! I love it.

This is really shaping up Utinniii! Your combination of Styrofoam and spray insulation puts a great texture to what I would imagine the Kharn lair to be like (and based on the cartoon).

The tentacle attack reminds me of a vertical Sarlacc Pit, and can be dangerous to door-to-door salesmen and trick-or-treaters.

Everytime someone posts customs here, it makes me want to stop my current custom project and get working on FF again.

If it wasn't for a job, family, and community I'd have so much time to do customizing!

CUR-SED adulthood!!!!
I've had that tentacle forever, but couldn't find a home for it. I have a few more small ones and might used them as obstacles to jump over when climbing the path.

My intention is for each playset to have a theme, unique figure and gimmick. The tentacle and net are the gimmicks; spiders and plants as the figures; and bug spawning is the theme.

I've even thought about a commercial for it, but who has time for that? It was still fun mental exercise.

Adulthood gives one the means but not the time for crafting.

Reaction score
I've been working on a Bonelands autogyro for almost two months. Got finicky with some details, decided to put it all together finally today.Bonelands Autogyro Working.JPG
The body was good.
Autogyro Wing Working.JPGWings were fine.Bonelands Autogyro Front.JPGBut you can see that the starboard wing mount is wrong. The putty I use starts hardening in minutes, and nothing I could do could get it to sit right, even with clamps.Bonelands Autogyro Port Wing.JPGThe port wing mounted just fine, and looks great. Some last-minute paint touches and it's perfect.Bonelands Autogyro Rear.JPGA bit blurry, but the engine mount looks good.Bonelands Autogyro Top.JPGFrom above, the bad wing mount isn't too noticeable.
I thought I'd post these pics now, because once I'm sure everything has fully cured, I'm going to be breaking that bad wing mount and trying again. The weapons for the front axle pegs are still being fiddled with; I'll post "finished" pictures if I get that wing right again.

Utinniii

Reaction score
It is looking great so far!
Perhaps you can hotglue the wing since the glue will harden in seconds. Then you can use your putty to better secure it in place.

I also think the main rotor blade needs to creepified somehow. Perhaps painting it bloody, or having a bone design on it.
I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product.