CONTEST: Final Faction Customs

Utinniii

Reaction score
Oh, yeah, that's what caught my interest in Final Faction in the first place. Locally it's near impossible to find fodder, and since collectors have made the market ridiculous, you get people at yard sales wanting $20 for stormtroopers with an arm chewed off.
Welcome Mira! It is always fun to get new blood around here.
I recognize your work from the FF Fans Facebook page. My own vehicle was inspired by yours.

I agree that fodder is insanely expensive now so FF is a great alternative.

Reaction score
It’s true, @MiraDamakos! An armless chew toy does not (and should not) a collectible piece make. But these weird FF guys can add to the fun regardless. I’m glad to see a nice person join the RS ranks!

Reaction score
I like the line so much that I've actually put other projects on hold just to tinker around with FF stuff.
These guys are FF Ruck and Scope, with some Dollar Tree Jurassic World minis chopped for the heads. Scope is a simple headswap; a bit more effort went into Ruck. Apologies for the imperfections; I'm still painting by hand since my airbrush died last year.100_5549.JPG100_5550.JPG100_5552.JPG

Reaction score
It’s true, @MiraDamakos! An armless chew toy does not (and should not) a collectible piece make. But these weird FF guys can add to the fun regardless. I’m glad to see a nice person join the RS ranks!
Thanks! I've found that most of the Final Faction people I've talked with have been nice and friendly. It reminds me of decades past, where folks would get along and help each other out instead of the negativity you see in a lot of places these days.

Utinniii

Reaction score
Says the guy with the dog that chews up expensive and rare figures. :p

Thanks! I've found that most of the Final Faction people I've talked with have been nice and friendly. It reminds me of decades past, where folks would get along and help each other out instead of the negativity you see in a lot of places these days.

We are all a friendly and helpful bunch in this part of the forum. Most of us are happy to share what we know and only offer constructive criticism with the intent to enhance and not demean.

Today I almost didn't stop at a thrift shop on my way home but I am glad I did. I found an Imaginext?? Joker crab machine which is perfect for a Kharn Ravager.

Reaction score
I like the line so much that I've actually put other projects on hold just to tinker around with FF stuff.
These guys are FF Ruck and Scope, with some Dollar Tree Jurassic World minis chopped for the heads. Scope is a simple headswap; a bit more effort went into Ruck. Apologies for the imperfections; I'm still painting by hand since my airbrush died last year.View attachment 422164View attachment 422165View attachment 422167
Really enjoyed this one as these figures are the stand ins until I finally get around to building V troopers.

Welcome to the forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

Utinniii

Reaction score
WIP
I saw on FB this mod for the Rumbler. However, I thought the arms were too stubby so I extended them with the pincer accessories. They have better reach now, and can swivel at the joint. I'm thinking about adding ball joints so they have even more movement, but I'll probably leave them how they are, at least until I finish some more pressing customs. The driver is a 2-headed Kharn, but I'm still not satisfied with it.

I felt bad chopping up the pincers, but they can make pretty cool scythes.

They also make pretty good faux-wings. I gave this body guard a swivel wrist so it can hold this unknown weapon I got in a thrift bag some time ago, or with an alien I no longer remember.

Reaction score
Maaaaann! Utinniii, those are some cool ideas coming from your head regarding the Rumbler. I know you gleaned it off FB, but your consistent upgrades is impressive.

I was stoked to see the 2 headed kharn.

Reaction score
Wish the alien wheels were compatible with the atv It really the only thing stopping this line from becoming a build your own wheeled warrior.

May try to mod the wheels later when I have workshop time, but that ain’t happening anytime soon.

Reaction score
Wish the alien wheels were compatible with the atv It really the only thing stopping this line from becoming a build your own wheeled warrior.

May try to mod the wheels later when I have workshop time, but that ain’t happening anytime soon.
Someone I saw in a Facebook group actually did make a Saw Boss custom from Final Faction parts and sculpting stuff.

Utinniii

Reaction score
WIP: Kharn Ravager. I was inspired when I saw a version of this here. I removed the upper seat so I can extend it; added a plastic part to the front wheel; removed and thinned out most of the rear wheel spokes; and cut off the front headlights. I replaced the silver cylinder in the middle with a Rumbler wheel that I added a spoke to so that the mechanism for the front seat can still extend forward. More to come when I eventually get the new weapons packs.

I also just discovered that these two characters were cut from FF as it was being developed. Apparently they had flying machines and might have been shorter. Also, the above pic of the 2 playsets is just concept art. As of now, it isn't in production.

Finally, here is what one person did to get the Rumbler wheels on the ATV. I'm sure it could be jury-rigged without 3D printing. I didn't check to see if the STL files were available or not on FB.

Reaction score
Utinniii, this is great insight. You are a wealth of information of FF.

I love what your doing to the ravenger above.

I'm impressed with the 3D printed wheel chassis that you found on FB, it shouldn't be too hard to recreate by the looks of it.

There should also be a fairly simple way to convert the ATV frame into a base of a flying ship. I think I may look into that next.

Utinniii

Reaction score
Utinniii, this is great insight. You are a wealth of information of FF.

I love what your doing to the ravenger above.

I'm impressed with the 3D printed wheel chassis that you found on FB, it shouldn't be too hard to recreate by the looks of it.

There should also be a fairly simple way to convert the ATV frame into a base of a flying ship. I think I may look into that next.
Most of what I know is from Google or Facebook. I hope that any new info will help inspire this thread.

I checked, but STL files for the wheel conversions weren't uploaded.

The Ravager is dead to me. As are my newly primed Kharn beasts, drop container and misc Robots. My Swoops are long forgotten.

For Canada Day I gifted myself with a Foam cutter and a heat gun. They should arrive tomorrow and hopefully I will be able to test them out this weekend. Today I made what I imagine to be nearly-scale paper Kharn masks. Then I plotted what I want to do with them. I was too tired to continue, but am super excited to begin working on 4-6 Kharn playsets. It's gonna be WIZARD!

If I can get my hands on the new Weapons packs and the real masks, I'm gonna Jizz harder than a backwater Bith band on a Tattooine Saturday night!

Reaction score
I decided to give my Nightsister a deco upgrade, and did a bit more painting, as it felt too monochromatic. I was inspired by Jay's custom with flesh tone upper arms, as it looks good with the female sculpt - giving her the appearance of long gloves. I also gave her legit chest armor, similar to the Nightsister Charal from the Ewoks: Battle for Endor movie that I customized many years ago. I may give that old figure an update and bump at some point as well, but thought I'd post this update first:

View media item 406952

Utinniii

Reaction score
I decided to give my Nightsister a deco upgrade, and did a bit more painting, as it felt too monochromatic.

That looks a lot better, and it started off as already being fantastic!

One of the Weapons Sets finally made it to Canada so I played around with it a little.

I will heat up the vines on my Triffid-class Kharn to see if I can get it to stand upright better (and sculpt the plugs better). The wing "fang" makes good Drone shoulder pads as well. I used the part I cut off to join the Triffid halves together.

Utinniii

Reaction score
I had a fairly productive weekend, although I don't have a lot to visually show for it right now. I was working on BIG things, but they all look very rough ATM.

I learned that articulating the Rumbler Stinger looks blah. I cut up the segments and threaded a wire through them, but the crests are too big to allow for a lot of movement.

As I went down in the basement to turn off all the lights, I unintentionally built this when I was moving the pieces away. I'll need to paint it. I may add some vines to it as well.

Reaction score
I stopped at the Tree and spent about $8.
I like the tech stuff!
View attachment 423646
A piece of advice: Before putting the cyber arms together, widen the holes in the black arm sections slightly to make the grey pegs fit without forcing or breaking. I used one side of a pair of needlenosed pliers to scrape mine out a bit; they fit and work fine now.

Reaction score
The black droid is the best yet! Now that I’ve purchased a few of these I can recognize some of the parts. I love that little drone guy, but it’s even better now that it’s been upgraded!

Reaction score
Great job Utinniii,

I've been mulling over how to better use the p131 as I think it has great potential. I never thought of using the F1DO body. Puffy sticker for the eye is a great idea that must be stolen.

The tendrils Kharn are cool too. I think I would work more Kharn if I could come up with a new color scheme for the species.

Utinniii

Reaction score
The black droid is the best yet! Now that I’ve purchased a few of these I can recognize some of the parts. I love that little drone guy, but it’s even better now that it’s been upgraded!
And you can get a second droid simply by turning F-D0 backwards!

The "little droid" was originally conceived as a Kaju- sized mech where figures could sit in, and look out the head/cockpit. The idea was rejected so we get the tiny guys instead. I've asked the creator permission to post a pic here, but I never heard back. It is on FB though.

Utinniii

Reaction score
Great job Utinniii,

I've been mulling over how to better use the p131 as I think it has great potential. I never thought of using the F1DO body. Puffy sticker for the eye is a great idea that must be stolen.

The tendrils Kharn are cool too. I think I would work more Kharn if I could come up with a new color scheme for the species.
The stickers make great greeblies as well! I may use them for eyes on a larger figure.
I had considered painting a digital face on it, like the A.I. in FF, but I will not have a lot of time this month to do anything.

If you join FB or even just Image Search Kharn, you will get lots of great colour schemes for them. My main reason for keeping them purple is that I don't want to paint the 50+ figures I will probably amass. Even just giving them a wash will take up a lot of time.

Reaction score
I picked this up. It reminds me of so much stuff from the old days. It’s got the full-color treatment. Not bad for $1!
1654307398191.jpeg

Utinniii

Reaction score
I picked this up. It reminds me of so much stuff from the old days. It’s got the full-color treatment. Not bad for $1!
It was a fun but short read. I had to listen to someone read it on Youtube since we won't be getting it for a month or so. I wanted the story to be better but it was certainly worth the price.

I find the Bounty on Torn (from the cartoon) to be a bit weird since they've been hibernating. I also understand, but am annoyed by the "we have him in our sights but will just banter instead of killing" that goes on.

But I might appreciate it when I have it, "in hand".

Mostly I was interested in seeing the interior of the Kharn ship and grabbing images I can insert into monitors.

Speaking of images, I took a photo of my favourite DT store just so I could put it on a screen in a Diorama somewhere.

Reaction score
It’s really juvenile but plenty fun. I enjoyed the old trope of putting a crack team together, which has to avoid all the different kinds of obstacles and attacks. It’s the most fun kind of old cliches and bam-pow action.

Reaction score
I had a fairly productive weekend, although I don't have a lot to visually show for it right now. I was working on BIG things, but they all look very rough ATM.

I learned that articulating the Rumbler Stinger looks blah. I cut up the segments and threaded a wire through them, but the crests are too big to allow for a lot of movement.

As I went down in the basement to turn off all the lights, I unintentionally built this when I was moving the pieces away. I'll need to paint it. I may add some vines to it as well.

Really like where you're headed with the throne, I'll bet you can customize pieces that connect to the queen figure, to make her similar to Karina the Great, the Geonosian Queen from Clone Wars. That was the thought that popped into my head as soon as I saw this picture. It's cool that you're going for the world building element with these customs - the company that produces these might get some ideas from you!

Reaction score
It’s really juvenile but plenty fun. I enjoyed the old trope of putting a crack team together, which has to avoid all the different kinds of obstacles and attacks. It’s the most fun kind of old cliches and bam-pow action.
I'm hoping this line gets enough traction that they retool the cartoons and comics to be better scripted and less 4-6 year old focused.

I think you could do it without alienating the age groups. Kids like a good story, they tolerate a campy one until their older.

I agree, it's still fun. Brings back memories.

Reaction score
It actually reminds me of Silver Age Marvel. It’s an eye-roller but has a classic feel.

Reaction score
So, I'm still a bit stuck on using this stuff for Star Wars related customs, but I found the Cyberarms can actually stand by themselves... I'm thinking a Tsui Choi in between those could be a pretty cool Kazdan Pratus. Still figuring out what I want to do with some of these parts I've accumulated :unsure:
1654521950056.png