CONTEST: Final Faction Customs

Utinniii

Reaction score
My final batch of playing around with parts.

This Lynchian bird head is overlarge but with eyes and painting might look cool. I can't decide on a body.

Beast head A

B

C and Kharn Avian

Horned King

I wish this worked better on Diabol, but this still works.

My thought was to extend the trunk with the blade part.

The Hunter offers 2 more head styles but involves cutting. With the turrets removed it also makes for a giant head. I won't bedoing any chopping until I get multiples of the figures. My brother got these for me while in the States.

Reaction score
They didn’t have any Kharn available! They only had three humans and a bunch of the jeeps. I found the weapons packs on the shelf, not on the pegs! Is it possible someone actually cleaned all these out? 😜

Utinniii

Reaction score
They didn’t have any Kharn available! They only had three humans and a bunch of the jeeps. I found the weapons packs on the shelf, not on the pegs! Is it possible someone actually cleaned all these out? 😜
Of the new figures, no doubt. However, it is more likely that that Store just hasn't restocked and they were cleaned out at Easter.

I have 3 DTs that I pass on my way home from work, but one of them seems to get stock months later than the other 2. While the Amari/Riptide wave has lasted, all the other new waves get cleaned out in a couple of weeks. But that also might mainly be me!!

Before you go back, look through this thread again and make a shopping list. Look through your fodder bins and see what you need. I've spent fun hours putting random heads on FF figures and seeing if they work.

Reaction score
I’m going back to check as regularly as I can. I really want to find the comic!

Reaction score
As cheesy as the comic and the cartoon is, it still is fun and feels like a throwback to when they were building the Star Wars namebrand when we were kids.

Tomorrow I travel and should be able to hit a couple DT stores. It's fun having a place to shop for fodder inventory and actually finding it!

Utinniii

Reaction score
I’m going back to check as regularly as I can. I really want to find the comic!
Knowing is half the battle!

Just add the Rumbler, comic and 3 masks.

As cheesy as the comic and the cartoon is, it still is fun and feels like a throwback to when they were building the Star Wars namebrand when we were kids.

Tomorrow I travel and should be able to hit a couple DT stores. It's fun having a place to shop for fodder inventory and actually finding it!
Could you be so kind as to post the shadow of Malara? I'm impatient to see her, even though I suspect that my versions are better.

Reaction score
Worth noting that some of the items may be in a different store location.
Down the toy isle. End cap or front seasonal area.

Reaction score
These are made way better than I thought they’d be. I like the weapons and feel like their qualities exceed the dollar standard.

Reaction score
Knowing is half the battle!

Just add the Rumbler, comic and 3 masks.

Could you be so kind as to post the shadow of Malara? I'm impatient to see her, even though I suspect that my versions are better.
Dude, your versions will always be better!

Utinniii

Reaction score
These are made way better than I thought they’d be. I like the weapons and feel like their qualities exceed the dollar standard.

These have been referred to as "Loss Leaders" [is that the term?] Basically, they take a loss on these to get people into stores. The quality of these is much better than other cheap toys.

Reaction score
I'm buying more stuff from dollar tree because of the figures. I never really ventured into the store before. Now I'm looking for small knick-knacks that can be used to customize. I'll also grab some dollar items I might have gotten from Walmart.

Utinniii

Reaction score
Canada has Dollaramma. A few years ago, DT were hard to find and many of the items were $0.25 more expensive. I primarily only bought Halloween and craft items. Post FF, I shop at several DT stores every week and go to Dollaramma 1-2 times a month unless I need something seasonal.
I suspect Dollaramma is more like Dollar General since the items range from 1-4 bucks.

Reaction score
Dollar General has crap toys. As you know, that is how we rate a store's usefulness, it all hangs on if there are toys and the prices of said toys.....

Reaction score
And it would only cost you $15 at dollar tree. That's why these figs are so awesome, it's affordable fodder you can mess up without guilt.

Reaction score
Yeah, she needs a togruta trim! I used the boiling method to try and reshape those things, but they have a mind of their own.

Utinniii

Reaction score
Yeah, she needs a togruta trim! I used the boiling method to try and reshape those things, but they have a mind of their own.
She looks great! I use elastic bands to hold the tails in place and then throw her in the freezer.

I'm glad you made her a different color. It made me curious and I discovered this site so now I have even more reasons to use up my surplus Ashoka heads!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sweet idea, turned out nicely to go with a Togruta. That Shift body really is pretty versatile for female customs. I like changing the upper arms to her flesh tone as well - might have to use that, as I want to update my recent Nightsister custom.

Utinniii

Reaction score
Here's a mock up for a paper model of the cargo drop containers. I fudged the dimensions so the P-131 will fit inside. The turret will fit if the barrels are facing sideways. I'll be making it by hand as I want to make it 3D with the different layers. However, if anyone that has computer skills wants to make a printable version, let me know and I will hand draw the template and give dimensions. I also have all the needed reference pics.

Last edited:
Reaction score
That is what I've grown to love about DT. With a creative mind, there are so many possibilities!

I used the cap from a baby bottle that I purchased for a buck, to replace a missing dome on one of my mini rigs.

Reaction score
She looks great! I use elastic bands to hold the tails in place and then throw her in the freezer.

I'm glad you made her a different color. It made me curious and I discovered this site so now I have even more reasons to use up my surplus Ashoka heads!
I will totally use the freezer idea and thanks for the link.

Now you've opened up pandora's box for customizing Shaak Ti/Ashoka heads.

Reaction score
I was excited to see the potential in the FF X4 Turret that I've only found once in store so far.

I decided to covert it into a heavy terrain sniper droid that you might have seen on battlefields during the Clone Wars.
20220516_174136.jpg20220516_174341.jpg

Utinniii

Reaction score
I think he needs a bigger gun!

As soon as I saw that turret, I saw potential for an Imperial drone. I'm still waiting for them here.

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Mira! This has become a fun thread for those of us starving for finding customs fodder, found in-store, for decent prices.

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Mira! This has become a fun thread for those of us starving for finding customs fodder, found in-store, for decent prices.
Oh, yeah, that's what caught my interest in Final Faction in the first place. Locally it's near impossible to find fodder, and since collectors have made the market ridiculous, you get people at yard sales wanting $20 for stormtroopers with an arm chewed off.