CONTEST: Final Faction Customs

Utinniii

Reaction score
Dollar Tree has a cheap series of Action Figures and Accessories called Final Faction.
They really have endless possibilities as figures or even just greeblies on a ship or in a diorama.

I thought it would be fun to start an open-ended contest where members could submit customs using parts from this series. Since they are so cheap, it wouldn't cost much and it might encourage members to get into the customizing game.

Prizes are unique customs you can proudly proclaim, "I made this!"

The Rules
1] At least one part of the submission needs to have a Final Faction part.
2] Submissions can be characters, weapons, robots, ships, vehicles, dioramas from any genre, franchise, or from one's own imagination.
3] There is no limit of submissions one can submit.
4] Only positive comments only (constructive criticism is OK).

Awesome work on Gank! I'm trying to decipher the parts on his sidekick.

I should have a couple to post in the next few days.

Awesome work on Gank! I'm trying to decipher the parts on his sidekick.

I should have a couple to post in the next few days.
Ben 10 insectobot legs; SW Ep 2-3 droid torso. The "Beak" is where the legs were pulled from.

Recipes in my customs thread.

Kharn Controller and speeder

Kharn mercs and speeder

I got that vehicle with the idea of making something of it. I'm inspired, but not sure I have the time... I do have an idea though...

I got that vehicle with the idea of making something of it. I'm inspired, but not sure I have the time... I do have an idea though...
You don't need sleep. We will all sleep when we're dead. Can't wait to see your work!

That was the hope for this contest; to inspire others. I'm hoping the cheap quality of the figures will allow people to make things faster, without being so painstaking.
While, I've had the time, my problem was not enough energy. These got my blood pumping!
Expect at least 10 more Kharn variants.

When the security dog was injured in the line of duty…. Dr Quest worked his unholy magic to rebuild that dog.
Make him better… stronger.. faster…

He is the 6 million dollar dog. Dino-Mutt
& his pal Scrappy-Doo
24B9FB72-B6B8-42E2-A8F8-6B375611D4BC.jpeg
F657ADEF-99F1-4491-A11A-6DF46E51FAFD.jpeg

Where is Uncle Scoobie’s drug addicted people!! Tell us or die!!!
F65A89D9-5957-4697-9732-43A9D4799447.jpeg

Here is CAT-1, a heavy industrial droid. I envision him working in the nines of Kessel or rebuilding the 2nd death star. Plenty of grime and paint wear. The photos drown out the yellow base coloring a bit.

I used the final faction F1D0, stood him upright, and gave him arms from the ACRM figure.
20220228_055208.jpg20220228_054824.jpg20220228_055025.jpg

What a neat contest!
Here's a custom I started before a move and will finish up for this contest.
202146d1642715254-final-faction-toyline-discussion-img_20220120_133942409.jpg

ACRM with LEGO shoulder pads, gear mounting holes covered over with sprue tabs from Gundam kits. Several weapons from random resale finds with handles carved down to mounting-hole size. Haven't decided which weapon(s) to use.

Basecoated so far. Need to do just a bit of details and then washes/weathering. Neat thing about this is that its a pretty simple mod, and I have a whole bag of the shoulder pad things so I could turn these out pretty quickly if I get the urge to do up a whole squad.

What a neat contest!
Here's a custom I started before a move and will finish up for this contest.
202146d1642715254-final-faction-toyline-discussion-img_20220120_133942409.jpg

ACRM with LEGO shoulder pads, gear mounting holes covered over with sprue tabs from Gundam kits. Several weapons from random resale finds with handles carved down to mounting-hole size. Haven't decided which weapon(s) to use.

Basecoated so far. Need to do just a bit of details and then washes/weathering. Neat thing about this is that its a pretty simple mod, and I have a whole bag of the shoulder pad things so I could turn these out pretty quickly if I get the urge to do up a whole squad.
Welcome!
Looks great! Love the 80's shoulder pad look. ACRM just got an accessory pack so you will have lots of choices for variation. The P131 is also out with more accesories.

Welcome!
Looks great! Love the 80's shoulder pad look. ACRM just got an accessory pack so you will have lots of choices for variation. The P131 is also out with more accesories.
Thanks!
I just saw that pack, really cool stuff in there.
That pack, plus the sniper pack makes me think I shouldn't have modified the other weapons. I think I like the bulky look of the FFaction weapons with the ACRM better than those I've chopped up.

On the other hand, if I display the ACRM with Gundam or other small-scale anime mecha, the modern'ish weapons look pretty good. Nice to have options...

Can't wait to see the finished product! I have such a terrible time with washes since I started painting in acrylics

Here is CAT-1, a heavy industrial droid. I envision him working in the nines of Kessel or rebuilding the 2nd death star. Plenty of grime and paint wear. The photos drown out the yellow base coloring a bit.

I used the final faction F1D0, stood him upright, and gave him arms from the ACRM figure.
View attachment 414981View attachment 414982View attachment 414983
That looks great all painted up!

I may borrow this design. It really showed me that F1DO could be used for something, not dog-like.

Usually I prefer to wait until I am finished before posting but IDK how long I can keep up steam.
From left to Right:
Sith Gonk/Transmitter
Swoop: Dollar Tree "Nerf" gun.
B33: F1DO body, 3 Kharn guns, one cut up to make the "stinger"
Sargent Ruff. Originally, I was just going to swap out the legs, but then I liked the "centaur" idea.
Winged Kharn grunt: Cheapo dragon wings; Kharn gun

As I was painting B33, I realized that depending on orientation, it looks like several different droids. Here it is resting on it's proboscis and pincers and the stinger looks like a vulture head.

That swoop is fantastic. I chopped up that same gun to make a bit of tech in a 28mm terrain commission a couple years ago.

Will have to keep my eyes open for more of them.

@Utinniii those are fantastic! Such creative use of these designs.

Swoop bike is pure genius, I'll be picking up the nerd gun for that reason alone.

Love the centaur dog. I'm totally making the kharn droids as well. I haven't seen those pieces in store yet.

I didn't have any ideas for the kharn grunts and I love the head you attached. Very alien-esque.

Darn it all! I have three in the works and thought I might be finished for awhile but now you've given me more ideas....shame on you.....😁

Last edited:
@Utinniii those are fantastic! Such creative use of these designs.

Swoop bike is pure genius, I'll be picking up the nerd gun for that reason alone.

Love the centaur dog. I'm totally making the kharn droids as well. I haven't seen those pieces in store yet.

I didn't have any ideas for the kharn grunts and I love the head you attached. Very alien-esque.

Darn it all! I have three in the works and thought I might be finished for awhile but now you've given me more ideas....shame on you.....😁
Heh, "3 in the works".

View attachment 414981View attachment 414982
The basic architecture reminded me so much of a super battle droid so I decided to have a go at mocking up the concept of an early less refined model. Going to likely hold off on painting until the new accessory packs come out. I'd like to put something mechanical looking in the inside so the hatch becomes a maintenance access.

IMG_20220301_180258224.jpg

Last edited:
That is a brilliant placement of the head. I spent a ton of time trying to figure out the best placement for the head and just love what you did.

That is a brilliant placement of the head. I spent a ton of time trying to figure out the best placement for the head and just love what you did.
Thanks!
Originally I had the head on reverse, as it has kind of an eyes look, but the angle was wrong. The way I have it in the picture works better because of "neck" angle and the grill face has grown on me too.

deep space welder-bot and overseer

the welder-bot has two different fuel tanks [front and back] depending on the kind of repair it is doing. there is a third, smaller tank on its arm containing 'solder'

i will probably finish these when the torn accessory pack comes out.

btw; thingiverse has the right robotic arm for steadfast for those that like symmetry.

Last edited:
deep space welder-bot and overseer

the welder-bot has two different fuel tanks [front and back] depending on the kind of repair it is doing. there is a third, smaller tank on its arm containing 'solder'

i will probably finish these when the torn accessory pack comes out.

btw; thingiverse has the right robotic arm for steadfast for those that like symmetry.
Very cool. What kind of tubing are you using? I like the look of bass and guitar wire and have used it a fair bit in models, but it seems too stiff for action figures if you need to retain movement between two separate position-able parts.

Where's that X-Marked ammo box on the left arm from?

Very cool. What kind of tubing are you using? I like the look of bass and guitar wire and have used it a fair bit in models, but it seems too stiff for action figures if you need to retain movement between two separate position-able parts.

Where's that X-Marked ammo box on the left arm from?
bass string is too stiff. i almost used it here. the black wire is from a computer cord [usb] and the green is a twist tie [probably from an xmas ornament].
The xbox is from one of the final faction EDIT: RUCK figure.

Last edited:
Another excellent specimen showcasing the versatility of F1D0! Great job @Utinniii !!

I like his little friend too and THANK YOU for the thingiverse heads up! I've been wanting to find something to even out the arm symmetry of Steadfast.

Great idea to run a challenge on RS since the Yakface forums have been down for so long. I'm really enjoying the work you guys have already posted. Equally clever to pick discount store fodder as the base for all the customs. I just picked up a figure myself and plan to start converting it into a SW custom soon.

Sergeant Ruff: After Sergeant Ruck was nearly killed in a Kharn attack, they upgraded him in a new protective Exoskeleton. Steel has taken to calling him Ruff now.
Generic soldier
Vulturion sentry droid (or rotated = Wasp droid). This started off as a bee/wasp but also looks cool like this [as I discovered when letting the paint dry.]. Mostly, I'm just too lazy to make a clear stand so it will hover.

The back of the cards state that the drones are organized by controllers but we haven't seen what they look like. Here is my take.

I'm really diggin' your use of the Kharn "blaster" for a head. I spent some time this morning trying to come up with a creative way to customize Kharn drones to no avail. You on the other hand, have a knack for the aliens!

I'm considering using milliput to shape some armor on the drones (trying to plant seeds of inspiration to get those better skilled in milliput to try their version and post it.) 🤨

Back