Confused Clone Troopers

Reaction score
You know when Palpatine says "Ever Single Jedi Is Now An Enemy of the Republic" then you see Anakin leading them all into the Jedi Temple.... doesnt that go against what the emperor just said as that all the clones know Anakin as is a Jedi.

Reaction score
infamous said:
You know when Palpatine says "Ever Single Jedi Is Now An Enemy of the Republic" then you see Anakin leading them all into the Jedi Temple.... doesnt that go against what the emperor just said as that all the clones know Anakin as is a Jedi.
I'm sure at that point Anakin is starting to side with Palpatine.

Reaction score
Actually that would be kind of funny:

Palpatine: Every single Jedi is now an enemy of the Republic!

Clonetrooper turns to Anakin standing next to Palpatine, draws his blaster, and blows Anakin's brains out.

Palpatine: Umm...that's not what I meant...

Reaction score
Part of the order to kill the Jedi excludes Anakin I believe.

Reaction score
LOL! Now there's a trooper who should spin off into his own story. Proabably the same guy who lead his squad away from the MF to watch Vader and OBW fight it out.

Reaction score
No, becasue he is a Sith by then, and is loyal to Palpatine

Reaction score
Seems like villians have to make sweeping generalities. He couldn't say ".... um, except for this guy"

Reaction score
bjlevine said:
Actually that would be kind of funny:

Palpatine: Every single Jedi is now an enemy of the Republic!

Clonetrooper turns to Anakin standing next to Palpatine, draws his blaster, and blows Anakin's brains out.

Palpatine: Umm...that's not what I meant...
Is that a new deleted scene?

Reaction score
infamous said:
SPOILER.... in a thread where other gave away Spoilers already in a Non Spoiler forum category...

Palpatine states that since Anakin had no part in the plot of the Jedi to take over, he wouldn't be killed.

Reaction score
I always figured that when Anakin became his apprentice, Palpatine would issue order 66. Along with that order it stated NOT to kill Anakin Skywalker.

Reaction score
when was order 66 programmed in the clones mind ?

during their training ? so how come palpy knew 10 years before the clone wars that anie would have to be spared ?

Reaction score
This is very very confusing story i ever heard..totally confusing, if these clonetroopers only answer to Republic cause...why don't they attack too on Sith Lords as well ?

Reaction score
which sithlords ?

it must not mean much to common republic citizens and as far as they (clones and regular people) know palpatine is the republic

Reaction score
I'm sure he had it planned all along that Anakin would turn, he was confident in that, so when he had the orders placed into the Clones, they knew it did not include Anakin!! Perhaps he even had the name Darth Vader in the back of his mind??

Reaction score
In the Star Wars Miniatures game, it says that ARC wouldn't be affected by Order 66 because of their independant thought. But Cody was an ARC and was less than reluctant to shoot Obi-Wan.

Reaction score
Cody was not an ARC, he was a Commander. There were no ARCs in the movie (well, besides the ARC-170 fighters)

GaZ

Reaction score
I think that since Palpatine has been planning on corrupting Anakin for a while, order 66 probably means "kill all Jedi except Anakin Skywalker, my newly converted apprentice".

Order 67 was probably "Anakin didnt take the bait. KILL HIM!"

Reaction score
anakin was leading the clones in killing all the other jedi. say there was an order to kill all humans and you were leading evil aliens to kill them all do you think they would kill you, if you had part in making the order. they didn't kill him cause he was leading them

Reaction score
Toonimator said:
Cody was not an ARC, he was a Commander. There were no ARCs in the movie (well, besides the ARC-170 fighters)
But I'm sure that Cody was Alpha from the Clone Wars comics.

Reaction score
In Star Wars: Obsession #5, Alpha was impaled with a saber by Grievous, then placed on a transport bound for Coruscant. A possum-playing Asajj Ventress was ALSO on the transport, and she diverted it towards parts unknown. So Alpha is out of the picture. It's easy to see how Cody could be thought of as Alpha, given that Alpha worked alongside Obi-Wan & Anakin in the comics, but Cody's NOT an ARC and his own backstory of working with Obi-Wan was developed independantly of the Clone Wars comics. Cody's what Alpha COULD have been, had Lucas created him a few years ago and given Dark Horse relevant info on the character.

Reaction score
Thanks. Not being much of an EU fan, I wouldn't have figured that out. I dunno why I thought Alpha was Cody-probably because of what it says in Cody's databank entry.

How long had Cody been with Obi-Wan for?

Reaction score
Cody gave his squad orders to destroy Obi-Wan just three weeks before their one year anniversary. How sad.

Reaction score
Inigo_Montoya said:
Cody gave his squad orders to destroy Obi-Wan just three weeks before their one year anniversary. How sad.
They could of made love below the two setting suns... They could of held each other one last time... But no it was all taken away from them... ALL OF IT!

Reaction score
Killer185 said:
Inigo_Montoya said:
They could of made love below the two setting suns... They could of held each other one last time... But no it was all taken away from them... ALL OF IT!

There's not one part of that comment that was right. *SHUDDER*

I always wondered what orders 1-65 were. I figured that they started relatively benign.

Order 1: Pick up my dry cleaning.

Reaction score
Well order #65 more than likely was pretty bad if the next step was whipping out all the jedi... Hmm...

"Order 65, kill baby kittens!"

I thought every part of that comment was right!

Reaction score
Unknown said:
I always thought it was programmed into them since they were created.
Unless the expanded fiction says differently (and I have fallen behind keeping up with it), I do not think Order 66 was some command "programmed" into the clones at creation. It was simply a military order. The clones were trained to follow Palpatine implicitly, much like the US troops follow the President (not looking to make any social commentary, just set up a comparison). They are told by Order 66, the Jedi are now the enemy, so they act on this. How many times in real warfare (whether it be the US army or some other world power) does a former ally become the enemy (Russia after WWII)? I believe the only "programming" done to the clones was to follow Palpatines orders without question... so they were conditioned to do whatever he said. I do not believe they had individual orders 1-66 in their minds. And I think it would be cool to do some expanded fiction where some of them refused/resisted.

As for the Cody quick-turn on Obi-Wan, wasn't there a deleted scene.. either from the script or the actual movie, where Obi-Wan is confronted by Cody as he moves to take Grevious ship to escape? I could have sworn I remembered a scene where Obi-Wan kills Cody and then basically says, "sorry my old friend". Cody tells him he was just following orders or something to that extent. I may be wrong as I started to avoid spoilers after awhile, but it seems so familiar.

P.S. Order 67 was to kill all the Aliens that supported Palpatine... how else can you explain his exclusive use of Alien aides in the prequels and his entirely humanoid precession of aides in Jedi?

Reaction score
DouglasMcc is correct. Order 66 wasn't programmed into the Clones in any way. It was an order that was issued, and they followed it. The Clones are ultimately loyal to the Chancellor and the Republic. When word of a Jedi rebellion and treason is reported to them via Order 66, they act on it.
This very question (and answer) is in the latest issue of the Insider.

Reaction score
'66' is a code, as I understand it. I don't believe there's a consecutive list of 65 other individual commands.

Reaction score
if the clones where made to follow Palpatine's every order without question, did Palpatine go to Kamino and place the order for the army? if so then does that mean he posed as Master Cypehr Deeaz? has anyone ever seen a pic. of Master Cypehr Deeaz, are read any backround info? i had always thought yoda was head of the Jedi Order in the movies, but does that make Deeaz the head of the Jedi Order in "Phantom Menace"?

just a couple of questions that popped into my head reading this thread!( not sure if thats how you spell Cypehr Deeaz)

Reaction score
jedistyle said:
if the clones where made to follow Palpatine's every order without question, did Palpatine go to Kamino and place the order for the army? if so then does that mean he posed as Master Cypehr Deeaz? has anyone ever seen a pic. of Master Cypehr Deeaz, are read any backround info? i had always thought yoda was head of the Jedi Order in the movies, but does that make Deeaz the head of the Jedi Order in "Phantom Menace"?

just a couple of questions that popped into my head reading this thread!( not sure if thats how you spell Cypehr Deeaz)
Even though it's never said in the film, if you go by EU Sifo Dias ordered the Clone Army and was later killed by Count Dooku under Sidious's order. Sifo Dias was just another member of the Jedi Council at the time of TPM but the line from Lama Su, "Sifo Dias is still a leading member of the Jedi Council is he not?" might have actually referred to a more powerful Jedi. There isn't an actual real-life type of pic for Sifo Dias but in the Dark Horse comic "Visionaries" there was a profile view of Sifo in a sealed tube of sorts on Geonosis at the time of General Grevious's "mechanical birth" so to speak. Make any sense?

Reaction score
At that point Anakin has already become Darth Vader, who is a Sith, not a Jedi. Jeez.