Compatible with 3.75”!

Reaction score
These are either vintage lines in classic 3.75”, or pieces from other lines that could fit with 3.75”. I only collect 3.75”, but will deviate if the fig has the right scale appeal. For this thread, we should try to stick with 1990 or before. Post away!

Reaction score

These Tomland guys are from 1978. They were actually competing with Star Wars at exactly the same time Kenner released their first guys. They are called Starroid Raiders, and have some cantina-style goodness. They are usually between $50-$80 per piece, depending on condition (and chest sticker). They need a blaster (which are usually a neon color) to be complete.

Last edited:
Reaction score

You gotta love the old Galoob Star Trek figs from 1987 and 1988, coinciding with the first season of TNG. These rare 2nd-Series aliens fit well in the background of a cantina. My favorite is Q, in his weird first-appearance Continuum clothes.

Reaction score

This is the Boray figure from the original Battlestar Galactica, circa 1978 (another 3.75” scale fig from that year). The main characters were articulated like GI Joes (with o-ring style midsections and screwed-in limbs). But some of these backgrounders were given a kind of sophisticated salt-and-pepper style. This pig-faced fellow works in any space cantina.

Last edited:
Reaction score

I always loved the old Thundercats, but was a little turned off by their scale. Also, their aesthetic doesn’t fit too well with Star Wars. But old Slythe here could work as a huge alien type. I love his design.

Give him a giant gun instead of a giant axe, and he might work even better.

Last edited:
Reaction score

Back in the ‘80s, one could find Star Wars rip offs (or at least stuff capitalizing on the sci-fi trend) in any form at any price. These guys (whose sculpt is probably still used somewhere) came out of a gumball machine, probably about thirty years ago. They are made of rubber, and only sometimes stand up (they were unbelievably well-behaved while posing for this picture). They work well as spaceport types. I put a vest on one.

Reaction score

Here is the evil Talon from the ‘80s line Steel Monsters. They came with Mad Max type custom bikes with chrome guns and stuff. They were capitalizing on the trucker craze and fantasy/sci-fi craze at the same time. They almost still work as cantina patrons!

Reaction score
there's also Mego Flash Gordon
Tri Star MASH
Tron
G.I. Joe
Bionic Six
Robotech
Galoob A-Team
Takara Microman

Reaction score
Adventure people line (Vintage SW fit with most of the vehicles)
BattleStar Galactica
dungeons and dragons & a few knock off stuff scaled well.
The Saga of Crystar, Crystal Warrior

90s
Batman did not scale well but the Bat cave does.

I suspect there is a website for this info :)

:) http://118archive.com/archive.php :)

Last edited:
Reaction score

I was gonna say Adventure People! Their ships do fit Kenner Star Wars well enough. I definitely played with them all together back in the day.

Reaction score

The D&D figures don’t really match Star Wars’ aesthetic, but a few do. This orc/ogre guy looks like he could be in a space cantina somewhere.

Reaction score

Space Precinct was a weird series from the mid-‘90s, but they give off an ‘80s vibe. These two bad guys certainly work as Kenner-type backgrounders.

Reaction score

These guys are also from the ‘90s, but seem quite ‘80s. I don’t remember exactly what they are, but they’ve been packed and repacked many times in various products, like Chinasaurs. I really love their 3.75” versatility—put them in a spaceport, a pirate ship, or on the plains of Westeros.

Reaction score

Along with those green orcs came weird orange centipede people! But I only have one.

Reaction score

Boss Fight Studios released a modern version of the green orc figure. It comes as a male or female.

Reaction score

Blackstar was a pretty bad ‘80s cartoon that ran in I think 1983 for 13 episodes. But it did have a nice accompanying action figure line in the 6” scale. The “Trobbits” figures (shorter than the humans) almost work (despite severe aesthetic differences) with certain ‘80s-style Star Wars scenes.

Reaction score

I got this weird dog cop in about 1990, and for some reason always kept him. There was a bunch of these 3.75” animal citizens in a box. I have no idea what he is, and have never taken the five minutes needed to research it.

Reaction score

Obviously, all the ReAction and Super7 guys are too modern for this forum section, but they fit the ‘80s aesthetic vibe so well that they need mentioning. These two guys (from I think Alien and The Fifth Element) can fit in any spaceport cantina.

Reaction score

The same goes for these Wing Commander figures from around 1998. They were kind of the last of this vintage-style 5PoA figure.

Reaction score

This is some type of Lanard space alien, who was made as a villain to fight astronauts. He is like a Cthulhu guy with a power claw. He is one of my favorite all-time figures. He is the perfect 3.75” backgrounder.

Reaction score

I never had any of the old Indiana Jones figs, but I bought all of the modern releases back around 2007 or so. Some of the street Arabs go great in a Mos Eisley street scene.

Reaction score

I have no idea what this early ‘90s alien frog is, as he has no markings I can follow as clues. I put a Jedi cloak on him, and now he’s a perfect spaceport backgrounder.

Reaction score
There is a lot of vintage 3.75 figures and other stuff....here are mine:

Zorro is trying to mount the dewback. The custom vehicle has x-wing fighter replacement stickers.

Last edited:
Reaction score
That’s a spectacular picture! I love how you have everything labeled. I also greatly approve of the Robotix custom vehicle. I think I have a Robotix guy lying around somewhere...

Reaction score
That’s a spectacular picture! I love how you have everything labeled. I also greatly approve of the Robotix custom vehicle. I think I have a Robotix guy lying around somewhere...
Thanks.....the label are just in the picture, not at the curio. I am missing (to my knowledge) just 2 Robotix astronauts: one black and gold and the other dark blue and gold.

Dax

Reaction score
There's a very good reason the Adventure People are compatible with vintage Star Wars :)

Back in the day I was a big fan of the Micronauts, particularly the aliens which fit perfectly with Star Wars. I also loved that they fired proper missiles!
Ovion from Battlestar Galactica frequented my Cantina
I had a couple of the bendy The Other World figures from Arco. Their glow in the dark weapons were awesome.
Some of the Metalman figures also made good droid stand ins.

Reaction score

This is the Boray figure from the original Battlestar Galactica, circa 1978 (another 3.75” scale fig from that year). The main characters were articulated like GI Joes (with o-ring style midsections and screwed-in limbs). But some of these backgrounders were given a kind of sophisticated salt-and-pepper style. This pig-faced fellow works in any space cantina.
I think you may be confusing the Battlestar Galactica line with the Buck Rogers line. The BSG figures were all 5POA, even the main characters. The Buck Rogers line were articulated like GI-Joe. Both shared playtime with Star Wars when I was a kid.

There's a very good reason the Adventure People are compatible with vintage Star Wars :)

Back in the day I was a big fan of the Micronauts, particularly the aliens which fit perfectly with Star Wars. I also loved that they fired proper missiles!
Ovion from Battlestar Galactica frequented my Cantina
I had a couple of the bendy The Other World figures from Arco. Their glow in the dark weapons were awesome.
Some of the Metalman figures also made good droid stand ins.
FP Adventure People were also in my SW Universe...heck, for the longest time the FP Ski Boat served as the Millennium Falcon. Also Micronauts and Metal Men. I didn't have any, but there was a Space 1999 Eagle Lander that my friend had that also served as the Falcon until the actual Falcon came out, then it became the Blockade Runner.