Community Watch For Bad Sellers/Traders/Buyers

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
If you've had a bad experience with a forum member that has not been resolved in a timely manner through Private Message, feel free to post it here. DO NOT post personal information or Private Messages for any reason. Given the nature of this hobby and the large amount of fake autographs being sold on eBay, this thread can also be used to report on bad eBay transactions in an effort to alert the community to members selling forgeries.

Reaction score
Avoid these eBayers!
The first two and bottom two are all the same person. They start their auctionsVERY low and put a hologram sticker on the photos to assure the buyers of authenticity. Their certificates are all from 'Grandstand Online' too. I saw one seller defending them (the last one listed is who I'm talking about). They submitted an 8x10 of Norman Reedus to PSA/DNA and it came back as Authentic with their sticker. This same seller also points to eBay member: jackmsell (an U.A.C.C. member); who is selling props from 'Resident Evil'. Included in that auction is a Mila Jovovich signed 8x10 with the Grandstand Online hologram and a C.O.A. from Todd Mueller.

http://myworld.ebay.com/double-down-market

http://myworld.ebay.com/thegoldenticket-foryou?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

http://myworld.ebay.com/sportznut1980/

http://myworld.ebay.com/team_america_hits?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

http://myworld.ebay.com/show.time.rises

Do NOT buy from any of these dealers.
Also, the Grandstand Online Company (also called G.S. Online) has shut down their website.

I'm going to do some more research into all of these guys when I have more time and I'll let you all know what, if anything, I come up with.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just browsing on eBay, and found a seller in Germany who's selling copies of my Clive Revill signed pic that I just purchased off another seller less than 2 months ago. Stupid luck to find it, but long story short I reported the seller, links below to the item and the seller.

Item Link: Clive Revill Autogramm Star Wars Columbo | eBay
Seller Link: zwergensilber on eBay
Seller Name: zwergensilber

Last edited:
Reaction score
Probably the same guy selling copies of my Christopher Lee.

Reaction score
Just posted in the Classified section about wanting to buy some ESB signed photos and I was going to look up the scummer' Bespin, who had the signing with Richard Oldfield (Hobbie) to see if he had any more but saw that he was banned. Anyone know what happened?

Reaction score
Just posted in the Classified section about wanting to buy some ESB signed photos and I was going to look up the scummer' Bespin, who had the signing with Richard Oldfield (Hobbie) to see if he had any more but saw that he was banned. Anyone know what happened?
He got caught selling forged Oldfields to people. What a dirtbag. I bought a blank esb bts photo from him before all that happened without a problem, but i still wish I'd never have dealt with a crook like that.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I had no clue! Was this common knowledge or was there a thread on it?? I can't believe I missed this!
I must have missed it too. I remember the thread on that particular signing, but don't recall anything bad being posted about it. Was all the stuff from the first signing he did with Oldfield good? I never bought anything, but just wondered!

Reaction score
Yeah, that particular thread just seemed to come to a complete halt. Seemed like some people were happy to get them back then "bespin" responded to their going to be a second signing and a couple post later, nothing. That is unfortunate though, I would have loved an 8x10 Oldfield. Everything did seem to be quite "hush hush".

Reaction score
Ever heard of the Tip O' Texas....seriously, there
I had expressed interest, but I missed the cutoff date for the Oldfield sig. He then messaged me like 4-5 times asking only if I wanted one for cheap.
I told him I would prefer it personalized, but he said no can do anymore…..
HHmmmmmmm…:hmm:
Fishy??

Reaction score
Yeah, that particular thread just seemed to come to a complete halt. Seemed like some people were happy to get them back then "bespin" responded to their going to be a second signing and a couple post later, nothing. That is unfortunate though, I would have loved an 8x10 Oldfield. Everything did seem to be quite "hush hush".
I've done business with Ben, Bespin, a few years ago, bought a large lot of blank images from him, including some very nice, rare shots (he had a very large collection of images), and never had any problems with him back then.

But later on, even before he did the Oldfield signing, someone that knew him called him out on selling bad stuff on ebay, and as i recall his response was something like: "i'm selling these for a friend, didn't know they were fake" or something like that.
I personally never saw those fakes cause i don't do ebay, but i believe some images were posted here, don't know for sure though, i can't seem to find anything here ever..

Then he did the 1st Oldfield signing, he posted pics of him with Mr Oldfield and of the signed stuff so all seemed well (at least for the guys that got in on that first round).
Soon after he offered a second and third round. Somehow the 1st signing passed by me completely, so i got there late and asked Ben if he had some 2rd round Oldfields left, and he said he still had a few.

So, i ordered two signed in silver, and got the following:

By then some folks had started asking questions about the sigs on those later pieces, since they looked different from the first.
There was a thread on that here somewhere, cause i remember posting in it, but i just did a search and can't find anything...weird!

I also exchanged pm's about this with forum member Harry, and he told me he had gotten a refund for Oldfield after confronting Ben about it.
And a day after that, even before i contacted him myself, Ben pm'd me and gave me a refund for my 2 sigs, apologising for the mess he made.
Ofcourse i asked him about the sigs, and his response was that Mr Oldfield didn't really want to do more signings. Apparently after Ben did the first signing, other people started contacting Mr Oldfield as well, asking for graphs, so he was getting tired of it all.
I then suggested if it was possible that Mr Oldfield rushed them, or someone else signed them for him, but i never got a definite answer. haven't heard anything from him since.

Reaction score
I first spotted the differences in the Oldfield signatures some time ago and gathered a lot of info and images. It seems the first signing was genuine, after that someone else was signing the stuff. He sold an awful lot of fake stuff on eBay too. I have been gathering all the evidence to put in a blog post. I'm just waiting for some images of the eBay stuff from Azuryte and I will get it all up. It's nice to see the community taking note, at first nobody wanted to know.

Reaction score
His ebay account was Black Falcon, all sorts of wrong stuff went through.
Surprisingly ebay weren't concerned....:rolleyes:

Reaction score
It's scary that this guy and Moser weren't just straight up con artists. They were legit collectors who did a lot of legit signings and selling of items but they went to the dark side, and then pretty much just went on about their business once they got caught like nothing happened. I can't even imagine that. No joke, isn't a complete lack of empathy for others a symptom of being a psychopath?

Reaction score
So we are 100% sure the first signing was real. Just want to make sure the one I got is real.

Reaction score
I bought a few of Ben's photos that he was selling,
and they were nothing more than home printed copies.
I was very disappointed as one of the shots was one I was going to use for my index project.
I have always wanted to know if the Bob Andersons he sold were good,
I bought one for $50 and sold it here for the same.
He had a lot of them.
Everyone seemed to be happy with the Bob Andersons he was selling, so I never questioned them.

Reaction score

EDIT : Please ignore this post, my concerns about this member were proven to be wrong, and they have been very good about it.

Apologies to Rachenn .

Last edited:
Reaction score
http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1118054/

Isn't this the same seller that had some surprisingly cheap Ford and other sigs recently and didn't post them out?

AVOID!
Hey PMS BUll i sent the items to LEX and he recieved them safe and sound, sorry to post his qoute but im yet to start a feedback thread

Got them today, thank you very much!
If you haven't make a feedback thread yet, please start one, I'm happy to leave feedback for you here on the forums. :)

Reaction score
Ok mate , apologies for that, just seamed to be quite suspicious as I never heard any follow up to it and I had sought to buy from that thread myself so kept an eye open for it.

Would appreciate if you can get Lex to post in here confirming ?

Hope you understand it is just trying to look out for the community here and with the best of intent.

Reaction score
Ah looks like I am in the wrong here my fellow scummers!

Apologies to Rachenn who has been very understanding and sent me copies of PM's between them self and the purchaser.

All negativity retracted and apologies for any misunderstanding. Just trying to look out for us all.

Reaction score
Just a quick FYI to everyone I ordered an autographed photo from Brittin on 1/09/15. He said he would send it out next day never arrived sent several e-mails nothing no reply's, I notified Chris about this he is now banded from the board.

Reaction score
Steer clear of mkkiller. He talks a big game then makes excuses that he couldn't get your graphs. Afterward he gives you the run around on why he can't pay you back. Has done this to a few Scummers Avoid!!!

Daniel Culligan
167 Jeanette Ave
Inwood NY 11096