Community Watch For Bad Buyers/Sellers/Traders

Joined
Aug 31, 2003
Messages
957
Reaction score
0
Re: Community watch for Bad Traders

Hey,

Just to let everyone know that not to deal with msolinas,tonysolinas,vintagtoys1977,toyheaven1977.Im not sure what she or he goes by now since they have been kicked off ebay.They were selling a 12 vinyl cape Jawa c-9 original.I picked it up for $1100.It is a fake.So BEWARE!
Hope this helps any one else from getting f__ked.

jim
 
Joined
May 22, 2001
Messages
2,030
Reaction score
0
Re: Community watch for Bad Traders

Originally posted by jimskoi:
Hey,

Just to let everyone know that not to deal with msolinas,tonysolinas,vintagtoys1977,toyheaven1977.Im not sure what she or he goes by now since they have been kicked off ebay.They were selling a 12 vinyl cape Jawa c-9 original.I picked it up for $1100.It is a fake.So BEWARE!
Hope this helps any one else from getting f__ked.

jim
<font size="2" face="arial">Ouch that hurts.

Whats this guys address so i can be on the look out? Or at least what city and state?
 
Joined
Jun 1, 2000
Messages
1,132
Reaction score
0
Re: Community watch for Bad Traders

NEVER NEVER NEVER deal with Flor2099. I sent him $80 and never heard from him again.

He's in Minneapolis, so beware.

Hey Flor2099 you F-ing thief, go to hell.

 
Joined
Jan 31, 2001
Messages
449
Reaction score
0
Re: Community watch for Bad Traders

I second what Norga Rotem said about Flor2099.
He ripped me off to the tune of $50.00.
Complete information:
Andrew Koehler
>>REMOVED BY DUSTIN
email: "Dejeuner a la Fourchette" <circumsicion@hotmail.com>
 
Joined
Dec 3, 2002
Messages
1,758
Reaction score
0
Re: Community watch for Bad Traders

I was just reading this thread for the first time, and it is so sad people are getting burned left & right here. This is why I usually don't deal with someone brand new, unless that person ships their end of the trade to me first... then I would be happy to deal with them.
 
Joined
Jan 5, 2002
Messages
971
Reaction score
0
Re: Community watch for Bad Traders

Add darthmidion to the bad list please, I have been waiting just short of 2 months for a trade, he is claiming to have not received anything at his end which is way to convienient of a fabricated answer.
 
Joined
May 5, 2003
Messages
193
Reaction score
0
Re: Community watch for Bad Traders

I just came across this thread. The reasons listed here are exactly why I don't trade.

[ 02-10-2004, 12:21 PM: Message edited by: saberwielder76 ]
 
Joined
Aug 3, 2002
Messages
910
Reaction score
0
Re: Community watch for Bad Traders

Originally posted by saberwielder76:
I just came across this thread. The reasons listed here are exactly why I don't trade.
<font size="2" face="arial">I wouldnt be worried about being screwed, I've never been screwed on a trade, thats why you do usps delivery confirmation and pictures.
 
Joined
Aug 15, 2001
Messages
1,054
Reaction score
0
Re: Community watch for Bad Traders

I formerly would have agreed with Bounty Hunter, but since August I've had five bad experiences (after an amazing streak of about 120 trades with NO problems).

Most recently, jesidious adds his name (Jimmy Souza of Falls River is the name he gave me) to my list of disappointments. We had a trade finalized before Thanksgiving; I sent my goods to him before 12/1. Nothing from his side but excuses, even after I contacted him by telephone two weeks ago. If he doesn't have time to ship, he shouldn't make trades! I would recommend against making any deals with this fellow.

Note added 8/14: Jimmy has since sent cash to make up for the bad deal. This moves him to the "extremely flaky but not without a conscience" category.
 
Joined
Aug 15, 2001
Messages
1,054
Reaction score
0
Re: Community watch for Bad Traders

Originally posted by Dain_Bramage:
I'd have to disagree with you BushiFox (with all due respect). BobaBoy already agreed in principal to the price and already mentioned when he would send payment.

That is a confirmed transaction in my books....

Not to mention it's simple courtesy and saying that your word is your bond. Once you've confirmed a transaction, then you should be obligated to follow through.

Although no money or items have been transacted, and no one has loss anything, it was a total waste of time for Darth Epidermis and BobaBoy demonstrated poor trading etiquette. Darth E deserves to be pissed...it was BobaBoy that did not follow through on an AGREED transaction.
<font size="2" face="arial">This is precisely what Dooku did to me a few months ago. He even used the phrase "I give you my word," and on that basis I opened up the figures he wanted me to send loose so that I could get an accurate shipping cost. Then he backed out because he wanted to use PayPal and I asked for an extra $1.30 (the total was going to be over $45, so this still wouldn't have covered the whole fee). After this he backed out indignantly -- as if PayPal is the only way we can fulfill a transaction! I asked him at least to stand by his word where the opened figures were concerned, and he would not. So at the end, I wasn't just inconvenienced -- four of the figures in the lot had gone from MOC/MOMC to loose/complete with no compensation from him.
 
Joined
Mar 8, 2003
Messages
2,428
Reaction score
0
DTMan = BAD Trader !!!!!

please add DTMan to that list, Dan Rose....we agreed on a trade and I mailed my items to him priority with delivery confirmation over 3 weeks ago, and he agreed to do the same. BUT, he never gave me a delivery confirmation number. Twice he told me that he mailed my item, but would never give me a confirmation number.....WHY??? Because he never mailed it out. He received my figures 2 weeks ago and kept them for a while and now he says that he is mailing them back to me, return mail. Now, I'm out $7.00 shipping and I don't know if I'll get my figures back....this guy reeks....he is a liar and does not deserve any good feedback in my eyes.
What ever happened to honesty around here??? just disgusted now.....
 
Joined
May 31, 2004
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Re: Community watch for Bad Traders

Willy Darius - What was the outcome of the situation with the person who sent him $502? I sent him $56 for an e-bay transaction and am not receiving any answers.
 
Joined
Sep 25, 2003
Messages
233
Reaction score
0
R1-G4 Buyer Beware

Paid R1-G4 $60 for figures that included Ephant Mon and McQuarrie Stormtrooper back in February I have waited forever now without seeing the figures I paid for or getting my money back. *Buyer Beware* and in case he is or has resurfaced under another name he is from Fort Ripley Minnesota.
 

Ook

Joined
Jun 8, 2002
Messages
3,653
Reaction score
0
Re: R1-G4 Buyer Beware

optimus_prime said:
Paid R1-G4 $60 for figures that included Ephant Mon and McQuarrie Stormtrooper back in February I have waited forever now without seeing the figures I paid for or getting my money back. *Buyer Beware* and in case he is or has resurfaced under another name he is from Fort Ripley Minnesota.
R1-G4 is on RS now with a different account? What name??
 
Joined
Sep 25, 2003
Messages
233
Reaction score
0
Re: R1-G4 Buyer Beware

I don't know if he is since people can put any place they are from and use any name. Only when doing business do you actually find out where a person really lives or real name, but I wouldn't put it past him to be active again since he was so arrogant in his theft of my money.
 
Joined
Apr 10, 2003
Messages
773
Reaction score
0
Bad trader list

I don't know but can we add Neotoys to the list? He may go by the name Neo now but I've had a few people PM me about bad experiences with him before. I had agreed to buy the Ep 1 Naboo starship complete out of the box, I sent him a cashier's check which he received within two weeks. I emailed him consistently about my purchase and he kept telling me that I would receive it anyday as he mailed it. After two months of nothing I finally requested my money back, 3 times. He finally told me that again I would have the ship any day as he finally gave me a tracking # (something he would never give me before even when I asked for it). I did receive it a week later but to my dismay, all the landing gear was broken, the stickers/decals were all pealing off inside the ship, it looked like water damage since there were also stains that I could not remove. There were also heavily corroded batteries in the remote control which even after trying to clean out, the thing still does not even work. It was complete but was a mess nonetheless. Unfortunately he advertised it as being complete in great shape. I emailed him about it and he promised me twice that he would refund my money and I could keep the ship. I sent him money in mid-January, finally got the ship at the end of March and now it is mid-June and I still have yet to get my refund. I've emailed him several times and have gotten no replies. I tried to be positive about it since I finally got the red R2 but even it looks and feels like it was heavily played with since the legs are very loose and the middle leg won't even stay up inside him anymore, it just falls back out.
I always said since the beginning that I was not looking for trouble, just a good trade but I feel like I was taken for a little ride. Just a little warning to anyone else wanting to trade with Neotoys or Neo.

Thanks
 
Joined
Apr 1, 2004
Messages
4,004
Reaction score
0
Re: Bad trader list

kitt1987 said:
I don't know but can we add Neotoys to the list? He may go by the name Neo now but I've had a few people PM me about bad experiences with him before. I had agreed to buy the Ep 1 Naboo starship complete out of the box, I sent him a cashier's check which he received within two weeks. I emailed him consistently about my purchase and he kept telling me that I would receive it anyday as he mailed it. After two months of nothing I finally requested my money back, 3 times. He finally told me that again I would have the ship any day as he finally gave me a tracking # (something he would never give me before even when I asked for it). I did receive it a week later but to my dismay, all the landing gear was broken, the stickers/decals were all pealing off inside the ship, it looked like water damage since there were also stains that I could not remove. There were also heavily corroded batteries in the remote control which even after trying to clean out, the thing still does not even work. It was complete but was a mess nonetheless. Unfortunately he advertised it as being complete in great shape. I emailed him about it and he promised me twice that he would refund my money and I could keep the ship. I sent him money in mid-January, finally got the ship at the end of March and now it is mid-June and I still have yet to get my refund. I've emailed him several times and have gotten no replies. I tried to be positive about it since I finally got the red R2 but even it looks and feels like it was heavily played with since the legs are very loose and the middle leg won't even stay up inside him anymore, it just falls back out.
I always said since the beginning that I was not looking for trouble, just a good trade but I feel like I was taken for a little ride. Just a little warning to anyone else wanting to trade with Neotoys or Neo.

Thanks
Does Neotoys go by the same id on eBay? I purchased a MOC Gamorrean Guard from him a couple months back. When it came, the bubble was split and the figure wasn't even inside the freakin' bubble! It was was rolling around inside the box! He said that's the way he advertised it. I paid with PayPal, and for some unknown reason, they sided with him! Grr!!!!
So, I got stuck with this piece of junk.
 
Joined
Jul 27, 2000
Messages
206
Reaction score
0
Re: Bad trader list

I have documented this before in a seperate thread, but BEWARE of royalguard96. I sent him a money order to buy 2 autographs (thankfully it is only $21.00), and never received my package. He has not responsed to me in over a month. So you cad him to your list
 
Joined
May 18, 2003
Messages
844
Reaction score
0
Joined
Aug 15, 2001
Messages
1,054
Reaction score
0
Re: Community watch for Bad Traders

Whoa...the list multiplies. Obviously these people have never read Dante's Inferno. Thieves and frauds have some particularly nasty things to look forward to in Dante's vision of eternity. Perhaps for these guys we could invent something better, like being frozen for eternity in one of those ridiculous E2 action figure poses after being given a bad custom job.


NeoToys gave me some real pause for a while, but we eventually worked out a settlement. If you've had trouble with him, stay on him. He has a conscience.

Sorry to see Darth Midion is stiffing people now. I traded with him once (we never got the second trade hammered out -- thank heaven, perhaps) and he lied to me about mailing when I did (he waited till after he received my package, contrary to our agreement), but that was the worst that I had to deal with.

Recent trouble: Vader Fett, really Chan Kwong Wai. We closed a deal on 5/16/2004. The following day he claimed to have mailed out my parcel via Air Mail. Two months later, nothing has come through. Birds could have traveled the distance with that package before now. But even worse, the man has disregarded my last two e-mails asking for confirmation that he's received my package and for any information about why the package from his side has not arrived (e.g., he really mailed it later after getting mine, as some traders have done to me, or he really sent it surface mail).

If any of you know this fellow through past trades -- an apparently he's treated some of you better than he's treated me -- please drop him a note and urge him to be honorable here.

Thanks for your support. In the meanwhile, I would consider him an unreliable trader, to be avoided.

[[note added 8/15: I was truly surprised to find a package from Vader Fett -- I counted it a windfall after the three months and four or five unanswered e-mails. The postage was stamped 21-6-04, which in part expalins the problem, since I had shipped a month before that. Apparently he waited to receive mine, though he said otherwise in mid-May! I still would not trade with him again, for the sheer lack of respect he has shown in refusing to return my e-mails.]]

Kind regards,
David
 
Joined
Jun 25, 2000
Messages
1,191
Reaction score
0
Re: Bad trader list

I know my name is on this list of bad traders.
The items in question with my sale with Wonderpants were sent , my side of the communication was crap,I'd left Ben hanging without him knowing what was going on, i had other things going on that ended up taking priority over emails and the internet, not an excuse i know, just the facts.
I had previously traded with many people here without any worries as some of the guys jumped to my defence when my name was mentioned in this thread, and for that Thank You Gents.
I was offline for about 18 months and when i came on Wonderpants sent me a nasty sounding PM, and i would have done the same except i probably would have used much more colourfull language, after i few pms between us Wonderpants received his money back and i was missing the toys i sent.
It was the first time anything that i had sent had gone missing in the mail.And unfortunately due to the amount of time that had passed i didn't keep any of my receipts, so i had no proof to show Ben that i had sent them.
I'd like to think the issue is passed save one final thing, an apology to Ben
Ben i'm sorry for causing you grief and if i can help you out with anything please feel free to get in touch.
Thanks
Hemish
 
Joined
Jun 25, 2000
Messages
1,191
Reaction score
0
Re: Bad trader list

Yeah i had a trade with Vader Fett as well .
He has received my stuff about 6 weeks ago and has now stopped responding to emails and Pms.
I asked a mod over at JediDefender about him and apparently Wai has had some troubles like this in the past with one of the staffers there.
It took several months for them to get their stuff.
 
Joined
Jul 9, 2000
Messages
577
Reaction score
0
Re: Bad trader list

Yeah, Hemish refunded me the money from a deal as stated.
 
Joined
Jun 25, 2002
Messages
5,397
Reaction score
0
Re: Bad trader list

Well, I hate to have to do this to a fellow TX collector, but vintage_figure13 has yet to send me my refund from the figures I sent him back. It's almost been a month, and Pedro has not posted since 7/3/04. It's only $4.50, but a deal is a deal. So look out for...

pedro estrada
>>REMOVED BY DUSTIN
 
Joined
Jan 21, 2004
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Re: Bad trader list

I have only been burned once, but when I saw his collection showcased here on Rebelscum it got me all worked up again. Take a look at Josh Fedoruk's (aka Josh David) collection on the main page. He never sent me the figures on his side of the trade. When another cheated collector replied to an earlier post of mine, he gave me Josh's phone number. Josh eventually told me that he never meant to send me anything in the first place. Just warning everyone out there. Stay away from:
Josh Fedoruk/David
>>REMOVED BY DUSTIN
 
Joined
Apr 17, 2004
Messages
3,118
Reaction score
0
Re: Bad trader list

I purchased a few items from him about 6 weeks ago. About $60 worth of MOMC figs. The items all arrived, but not in the condition he stated. I did get them quickly, but condition and packing were very poor. I would think he is cleaning out the closet and he may have finished up and packed it in. At least it was under $10 bucks for you.
 
Joined
Jan 14, 2004
Messages
234
Reaction score
0
Re: Bad trader list

You called him? Don't you think that's a little too far...
Funny how you people say 'Look out for' like their some sort of criminal.
 
Joined
Jan 21, 2004
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Re: Bad trader list

jedilukes said:
You called him? Don't you think that's a little too far...
Funny how you people say 'Look out for' like their some sort of criminal.
That's because they are criminals.
 
Joined
Feb 2, 2001
Messages
5,437
Reaction score
0
Re: Bad trader list

Yeah, actually, what they're doing specifically is considered a form of mail fraud. People caught ripping others off on a board such as this (in the fashion that happens here) have been prosecuted under that I believe.

So, do I think it's going too far? Not in the slightest. By all means, even if it's a single $5 figure, I think you're owed waht you paid for and have every right to get your item.

I don't see why there'd even be a negative trader list if people WEREN'T trying to look out for each other here.

I know I avoided 2 trades with people on this list, and am glad I did for it. Haven't had a negative trade yet, thankfully, and knock on wood for that.
 
Joined
Sep 18, 2000
Messages
1,069
Reaction score
0
Re: Bad trader list

I'M SICK OF BEING STOOD UP!!!!

That being said, beware of the:
Robert Lucchesi (DrthSkywlk@aol.com)
Rebelscum ID: doomdeath

Said "oh oh! Gimme gimme! I'llsend money asap!" that was over 3 weeks ago. Do you think he responds to any emails? Of course not. But I'm pretty sure that if he sees this he'll be "I didn't get your emails! I sent a check but I guess it got lost!"

It is truly amazing how many checks and money orders get lost these days. And how many emails never seem to reach their destination after a deal is closed.

-Karma
 
Joined
Jan 18, 2004
Messages
1,466
Reaction score
0
Re: Bad trader list

It really angers me that someone would treat Karma this way. I have bought 3 sets of items now from her and she is always friendly and a super fast shipper. She is always selling/trading new items at market value -- no "Cloud City sales prices" from this fine person. She is also very understanding. I am sure if this person had been honest... i.e. "sorry Karma, but I cannot afford the items right now" instead of wasting 3 weeks of her time, she would have understood completely. People, please do not mistreat the good traders/sellers here. They will give up on the forum and we will be stuck with nothing but scalpers/conners.
 
Joined
Feb 2, 2001
Messages
5,437
Reaction score
0
Re: Bad trader list

I'm seeing a LOT of "reliable names", not just Karma here, who are getting hosed as of late. This is getting a bit "big for its briches" I think. It's a shame the people who've done so much to help so many are now getting screwed by the newbs floating around.

Methinks I'm gonna start sticking to names I know. It just seems the only reliable way anymore.
 
Joined
May 11, 2004
Messages
877
Reaction score
0
Re: Bad trader list

How long is too long to wait for a trade before one should post bad feedback? I had a trade that was agreed upon about 4 weeks ago (Aug. 6) and the trader said they received my package on Aug. 16 They said the package they were sending out came back because of a bad address (their mistake) and was going out again (on the 17th.) Well, I've sent a few PMs and a few e-mails requesting a Delivery Confirmation number (which was supposed to come the first time the package was sent out), but no answer from e-mail and no Read receipts on the Pms. As far as I can tell, he hasn't been on the forums since the 17th either. At this point I suppose he could be dead or screwing me, but I'm not sure how much longer I should wait. Any opinions are welcome, and the member in question is

Robbiefett

aka Robert J Cosimini of Chicago.

If anyone can vouch for the guy, that would be good too, I guess.

Scott
 
Joined
May 11, 2002
Messages
708
Reaction score
0
Re: Bad trader list

jensen1969 said:
How long is too long to wait for a trade before one should post bad feedback? I had a trade that was agreed upon about 4 weeks ago (Aug. 6) and the trader said they received my package on Aug. 16 They said the package they were sending out came back because of a bad address (their mistake) and was going out again (on the 17th.) Well, I've sent a few PMs and a few e-mails requesting a Delivery Confirmation number (which was supposed to come the first time the package was sent out), but no answer from e-mail and no Read receipts on the Pms. As far as I can tell, he hasn't been on the forums since the 17th either. At this point I suppose he could be dead or screwing me, but I'm not sure how much longer I should wait. Any opinions are welcome, and the member in question is

Robbiefett

aka Robert J Cosimini of Chicago.

If anyone can vouch for the guy, that would be good too, I guess.

Scott
While I can't vouch for the guy, because I have never met or traded with him, I can suggest that maybe you should post something over on the Chicago IL "Look what I found section". I am from Chicago myself and few people over there have made trades with him, and may be able to help you out with getting in touch with him...
 
Joined
Mar 31, 2004
Messages
675
Reaction score
0
Re: Bad trader list

Stay away from Josh Fedoruk at all costs...

OK. So it was bound to happen. After MANY great trades with a lot of "honest" traders, my first experience of "Toy Theft" has occurred. Whatever you do, DO NOT trade with this "work of art".

His Rebelscum.com screen name is "Finster" but he also goes by the screen name "Finster the Hutt" on the boards at www.jedidefender.com and www.snowtroopers.ca.

This guys lives in Chilliwack, BC, CANADA. I've been contacted by other people on this board and they've had the same problem with him. You send him figs, he "CLAIMS" that his have been sent to you, then weeks pass and no figures...you can pretty much guess how the rest of the story goes. Anyhow, now months after this trade, no figures and no payment for the figures...

...anyhow, this is just a heads up. Trader BEWARE!!!

How utterly pathetic. All this over about 25.00 in figures...
 
Joined
May 11, 2004
Messages
877
Reaction score
0
Re: Bad trader list

SonofaSith said:
While I can't vouch for the guy, because I have never met or traded with him, I can suggest that maybe you should post something over on the Chicago IL "Look what I found section". I am from Chicago myself and few people over there have made trades with him, and may be able to help you out with getting in touch with him...
Thanks for the reply and advice. I posted a message in the Chicago section, so hopefully someone can give me a lead. It's only about $35 in stuff, but still...
 
Joined
Mar 16, 2002
Messages
188
Reaction score
0
Re: Bad trader list

Anybody know Seamus O'Leary (Jimmy) in Oregon????

He owes me some toys or my money$$ back.

He is refusing to contact, always has a different exuse.

Any help would be appreciated.
 
Joined
Nov 2, 2003
Messages
53
Reaction score
0
mxrbobnd

has anyone heard form this guy?
i know there was a post before about him but i can't seem to find it.
i sent him a box with 32 canadian FF figs in exchange for US figs. i havent' heard from him since may.
his name is davin thomas.
 
Joined
Jan 18, 2004
Messages
1,466
Reaction score
0
Re: mxrbobnd

I paid Davin for 20 loose figures back in May also. He sent me 15... I guess it was just an "oversight" that he left out the 5 that were actually worth something (insert sarcasm). So out of the 25 dollars, he ripped me off for 10 dollars. I guess I was lucky he sent anything at all. Sorry you got taken for so much Rogue Sith.
 
Top