Community Watch For Bad Buyers/Sellers/Traders

Reaction score
Definitely has some issues. I mean, you're scamming in a community that you are apparently very involved in and will be going to conventions where many members of Rebel Scum will be. Not to mention he has the money for expensive cosplays-- you don't need to be scamming 8 people at once, dude...

Reaction score
Was contacted by Phil, says he had a health issue come up causing him to be in the hospital. Waiting for his refund to clear from paypal. Will let you know when it does.

Reaction score
Not sure if this belongs here, but someone has been going in to people's feedback threads and rating them at "One star."

Reaction score
Not sure if this belongs here, but someone has been going in to people's feedback threads and rating them at "One star."
Holy hell. Almost everyone's on the first page has one star. I've noticed it also happens to a lot of the threads in the WTB, FS, and Trade sections.

Reaction score
IMO trade feedback threads should not have the option of rating, except by the person leaving feedback and replying directly on that topic.

Reaction score
so as promised i gave this user 2 full weeks to contact me after i pay pal'd him $400 for a 1:6 jabba and throne and have yet to hear 1 word from this user.....nothing not a peep. im filing a refund claim as we speak....i wanted to out him on here just incase he's scamming anyone else here on this forum.user bobewan beware of this buyer!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Roto2 and Furrulator

I'm sad to say I was scammed for $55 from a recent transaction.

"roto2" offered up Starkiller and Shae Vizla for $21 each, shipped, which in the current climate of toy collecting, is a great deal. I offered to buy (2) Starkiller and Shae for $55 shipped, from his flat @ MIT in Boston, MA, where he is a Doctorate Researcher in Mechanical Engineering. He lowered the price from $63 to $55 since I was buying 3 pieces he would ship together. He asked if I minded paying Paypal "gift", to save him fees. Knowing how Paypal fees are, and having made deals with other sellers here with GREAT success, I trustingly obliged (stupid me).

Within hours of me paying him, he started name calling and circumventing the language filter, which resulted in his banning for a week. I freaked, and contacted the Mod that banned him, explaining how I just made a deal with him, and was afraid he'd jump off the site for good since he was banned. The Mod sent him my email address, and gave me his (which was different than the Paypal address), and I began contacting him. I also contacted the 1 person on here, that had positive dealings with him on 2 transactions, hoping he/she would be able to help me make contact. "furrulator" seemed helpful and was trying to pass messages on to "roto2" aka "Javier", for me.

I told another Mod what was going on, and he investigated further. "furrulator" IS "roto2", or at least shares an IP Address...the plot thickens! I continue messaging "furrulator" concerning "roto2", knowing they are the same person or at least using the same PC...and he is not in Boston, MA, but Oviedo, Spain, or thereabouts. I then received an email from "roto2", now "George", claiming he was sorry for not contacting me sooner, and the figures mailed Monday from Boston! Yay!! Knowing he is in Spain, not Boston, and that he is more than 1 person on here, I tell him I'd rather not complete the deal, and requested a refund.

He continues claiming the figures are mailed, from Boston, and I'll have them this Friday, Monday at the latest. Knowing he's 3,600 miles away from Boston, I tell him he must have the best WiFi signal ever because of the IP addresses, and I still want a refund. He said he'll refund me when he received the figures back from me. I told him IF I receive figures, I will gladly return them in the condition they arrive, as I just want this ordeal over with. After many emails back and forth over the refund and the figures being returned, he finally agreed and refunded my $55 this afternoon.

"furrulator" still maintains he is NOT "roto2", even though I have conformation from a Mod, they are one in the same. "roto2" is free from his ban on Sunday, and "furrulator" is still lurking about, probably hoping I stop PMs over the whole situation. "roto2" still maintains he sent me figures yesterday, from Boston, MA, but can't give me a tracking number or any other info other than "I mailed them".

I would recommend avoiding "both" of these fellows like the plague. I also suspect he has used "BumHunter" (banned) and "Vejator" (banned), in the past year, as they are all linked by common For Sale items and commented in "each others" threads.

If you've sent either of them money, I'd suggest contacting your bank or Paypal, if you haven't received what you paid for. My refund is "pending" in Paypal, but not available for 14 days. Let's hope it comes through!

ps...NEVER send as a Paypal "gift" unless you ab-so-lutely know you can trust them. I'll never make that mistake again.

Reaction score
Thanks for the info Chuck.

Roto2, if you are reading this, please send me either a full refund or a valid tracking number NOW.

Reaction score
Same here. Out $20 on a Starkiller. Chuck, if you could please send those email addresses to me so I might attempt to get in touch with him, I'd appreciate it.

Reaction score
Hope you get your funds back Chuck and the rest. I would explain to PayPal the whole story as well and make sure they know he asked for a "gift" payment for a sale.

I got caught up stupidly in a few exchange of words with him and that was when he used the term ***** against me but circumvented the langauage filter by spelling different and using a hyphen.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Paypal was VERY specific in telling me, IF you are caught "selling" but getting funds through "gifting" they would seize your account(s)...which sucks, because there are members here I know and trust, that I would send money to in a second as a gift to save them fees.
You have ZERO protection from Paypal if you "gift", so be very wary of who you're dealing with if you decide to. Best bet, make sure you have your Debit or Credit Card with a VISA or MasterCard logo as your PRIMARY source of funds, rather than a checking account. At least with VISA or MC, they provide additional Fraud Protection, so your bank is able to reverse the funds if the "seller" doesn't do it voluntarily.
Another tip: Paypal told me to contact IC3.gov (a division of the FBI), that focuses on investigating Internet Fraud. They primarily go after "Lotto scammers" and "Your rich uncle in Zimbabwe left you billions!" types, but they also handle smaller amounts, like $55 to guys in Spain... I mean Boston.
Good luck to those that were also scammed by this chap.

Reaction score
about Roto2.
on april27th he listed four 1/6 sidehsow figures for pretty cheap. $99.00 each shipped. Bossk, ig-88, boba fett and zuckuss (but made by hasbro and a custom).
I contacted him to buy bossk and ig-88. Then I was hesitant since he didn't have any feedback and only wanted gift payment, also in message used "cheers", wasn't American.
I then asked if he could ship first, since I got solid feedback here and all over the internet but didnt want to.
So, before I was 100% sure to send the cash I did some defective work and noticed the picture he used in the thread was not his but from a user from Sideshow freaks board. Then thought about his thread where he doesn't mention which figures are for sale and that Zuckuss is actually made by Hasbro and a custom, not Sideshow.
And just decided not through with the transaction. I was also thinking of asking someone who lived by Boston to pick the figures up for me, but didnt want to have any problems since Roto2 didnt seem legit.

Well the next day I get a PM from user Borg88 asking why I left a post in Roto2's sale thread "picture not his" cause he was thinking of buying the figures. I give Borg88 info about the picture and Roto2 could be scamming but then I don't hear back from Borg88 if he decided to buy the figures or not. Then I also get a message from another user about my post of the picture. But this user decides not to buy any figures.

Well this week, may 5th I contact Borg88 wondering if he bought the figures and told me no and was able to get Roto2 to admit he made up the fake user "furrulator" to give him self feedback to make himself legit.

The thing what I find interesting, in his sale threads, he allowed personal pick up. What if someone actually wanted to pick them up in person, then what? Maybe given excuses not being home, or maybe he knows someone in the states who has the figures for sale and he acting like a middle man. Too bad no one here lived by Boston,

Anyways this sucks for you guys and I just hope you guys get your cash back or some justice.

Last edited:
Reaction score
"furrulator"- Just sent me a PM with a bunch of asterisks. This guy is awesome. He's obviously one of the 25%+ unemployed in Spain.

Reaction score
User: sandyjess

Did a trade with this person who agreed to giving tracking but didn't provide tracking for package when i requested it.
Would not provide a reason to why no tracking this was given.
Waited 5 weeks for the package, did not arrive.
Was unwilling to help find package or provide any evidence that it was even sent.
Was unwilling to return my property.
Was purposely ignoring PM's while they continued to try doing deal's with other people.

Person is a thief, can't name name's or address but if the user lives in Canada and won't do business through PayPal, tell them where they can go.

Reaction score
I never enjoy the times when you think you know someone (specifically on rebelscum.com), but really you don't at all. I made a trade with Maynard http://forum.rebelscum.com/users/5768/ and I was scammed. This is the first time I've been scammed in a trade on rebelscum, so out of 100's of trades that's not that bad, but still no one should go with what I'm going through. I have walls of transcript proving he's a cheat with back and forth messaging for more than three weeks.
Story short we made a trade, my AT-TE and VC Wedge Antilles for his Bastila Shan, Darth Revan, and Darth Malak. We both agreed to ship out our end of the trade on Wednesday July 17th with tracking numbers. I shipped out the AT-TE and Wedge that day with a tracking number. Tracking number: removed . If anyone checks that number proves it arrived at his house Saturday July 20th. Now he claims he never received it at all, and that maybe his neighbors stole it, because of some grudge. I wasn't going to rule out he was lying to me, so it could be true, but where is my items? Then he says, his "wife" did in fact sent it out Wednesday, okay I believe him, but where is the tracking number we agreed upon? We obviously go in a lot of detail on what's really happening with our situation, but he tells me all the same typical type of scamming responses, just giving me the run around. I give up on arguing with him and more than 2 weeks later I lose communication with him and I still did not receive my end of the trade. I know for a fact I'm not getting my trade and I know for a fact he got his.

Here's a question: Why would I make this kind of trade with Maynard? Well, he has a perfect record on rebelscum, so why not? After seeing all of the positive responses this guy got I would never expect he would be this amateurish about sending out a package. Whatever, what's done is done. This is a lost cause for me, but I want to let all the traders on this board to watch out and be careful trading or buying from user: Maynard. He's trickster and a liar.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about that unfortunate situation Star_Tours. I hope that everything gets straighten out and gets resolved. Good Luck!

Reaction score
Normally after exchanging 2-3 pm's with someone regarding a trade or sale, if nothing is solidified by then, I just let it go and don't bother using any more energy on it.

I recently made an exception, because I asked this person flat out if they were going to buy some figs, they said yes. I had recently sold this person some things, and everything went smoothly. When I asked if they were serious about buying this time around, they said they were, and I had no reason to not trust them or take them at their word.

So, we proceeded.

The main reason I made an exception, and continued to exchange pm's, is this person was inquiring about every item I had listed in my Modern Era SW thread. That wound up being a huge mistake! I received a total of 32 pm's from this member (endorsoldier) on 9/3/13. He went from wanting to buy everything I had listed to buying $500.00 worth, and then it went all the way down to getting nothing. Zero. Then yesterday he said he was still going to get the figs we had discussed for $500.00, but today changed his mind and said he wanted to "start out small", and asked about 3 figures!

Talk about wasted time!

I tried to work with this guy in every possible way, and I was going to cut him a great deal on all the figs he was asking about. He told me about how he was disabled and how he wanted to buy some figs etc. So, I sincerely tried to help him, and I spent a nice chunk of my time on Tuesday trying to cut him an awesome deal. Huge mistake!

Oh, after he was talking about being disabled and all of that, he was asking how much I thought he could resell the figs for on eBay. He began asking about the values of some of them, and said he wanted to at least triple his money. Ugh!!

Anyhow, the bottom line here is...if you read this and choose to engage in dealing with this person, you cannot say that you didn't know about the potential outcome.

I think it's sad that someone would simply waste a persons time like that. All I can do is shake my head and keep on keeping on!

Thanks for reading, and deal with that member at your own risk!

Reaction score
Maynard just relisted the items he told me he sent! I obviously still haven't received them. He's a thief!

Reaction score
Which mod should I contact?

Go to his sale thread where the items are listed, and click the "!" in the bottom left corner of the post, to the right of the "thanks" button. Be sure to put a comment in there for a mod to confirm your request by sending you a PM.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Maynard just relisted the items he told me he sent! I obviously still haven't received them. He's a thief!
Did this ever get resolved?

I've got my own problem with a user in a trade and while I want to give him the benefit of the doubt and be patient, I want to see what the "mod option" results in, if anything...

Reaction score
Does anyone have any feedback or anything about "Jeffrey" from Guam? He really tried to send me pictures of a sideshow maul that clearly wasn't the one I sent him. Pretty offended that he would think that I would ship something like that.

Reaction score
Did this ever get resolved?

I've got my own problem with a user in a trade and while I want to give him the benefit of the doubt and be patient, I want to see what the "mod option" results in, if anything...
No, but there's nothing else I can do. Maybe he'll chock up a conscience and finally mail me whats mine, but I doubt that.

Reaction score
Well seeing Maynard on the forum in and out is disheartening. He really missed the bullet. I guess all the mods are buddies with him.

Reaction score
Most of the members here know me and many of them have conducted multiple transactions w/me in the past w/flawless results. I thank BigJim and DarthChuck for pointing this out. Several pages of all positive feedbacks, minus one solitary post, will go to help prove this point.
I never really wanted to bother addressing this issue as my near-decade-long reputation here speaks for itself, plus I've never felt there was anything to bother to address. However, having now seen that I've been painted in a such a harsh light for a ridiculously extended period of time, I thought I should take a moment to post at least something.

In the interest of keeping this short & simple, without exaggerations, fables and now even conspiracy theories (including objective mods of all people), I will say that several months ago I did in fact have a transaction go sour. Both parties ended up without gain and both parties lost out on what could have been a decent trade. Neither party "cheated" nor took advantage of the other for any sort of gain. I do not personally feel cheated, nor did I ever cheat anyone. We've all had transactions that didn't work out for either party in the past, and this trade in question was exactly just that---a transaction that went sour for both parties with nothing gained on either side.

As stated, my intentions were to keep this short & simple, posting only to protect my good name that I have gained over years & years of honesty and good, solid trades/purchases/sales. I will leave you with two final notes: 1)Please feel free to take a look at my feedback page and/or contact anyone who has worked with me in the past. And finally, 2) please ask yourselves why I would risk my reputation and conduct myself in a manner to ruin my good name over a trade that would have amounted to (approximately) somewhere around a mere $50 or $60 dollars worth of stuff? Putting yourself in my shoes for a moment, would that make any sense whatsoever?

Thank you for taking the time to read this. Feel free to PM me with any further questions, as I do not feel this is the place to get into a back & forth discussion over anything. Thanks again.

Reaction score
What I have learned from dealing with liars in the past is that one does not have to say more than they should if they're telling the truth. Maynard it seems you have a lot to say. I don't believe you one bit. It looks like your using excuses and lies to say that you wouldn't damage your reputation for 60 dollars, you have already done that. If you sent me a message in the past saying, "I'm sorry that you didn't get your stuff, I'll do my very best to fix this problem." I would have never made this situation such a big deal, yeah it's only 60 something dollars worth of stuff, but getting ripped off is still getting ripped off. All I have received from you are excuses, and also turning everything that happened like it was my fault. Hope this is the last time I listen to your bull******, and I hope there is a lot of good people on this board that's smart enough not to ever buy or trade with you ever again. Oh, if you forgot here's your f-----g tracking number: **********************. I sent it priority mail you should receive it by Saturday July 20th 2013.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
I hate to do this, but I've had a bad trade with iBeXavi.

We agreed to trade a mint UK/Euro Yodo carded Rex for a loose VC Kit Fisto. I sent Rex, and was then told that he didn't have the money to post Fisto and could I wait.

No problem.

I waited...
and waited....
and waited...

And was eventually told his dog had chewed the figure and did I want something else. He had nothing I wanted so suggested a few other figures I would trade for or, he could owe me a favour and pick up one of the up-coming US store exclusives (I'd pay the extra owed via paypal).

Nothing.

I then suggested he just paid me the funds to cover the figure and international via PayPal.

Nothing.

I now see he's doing some more trading - consider yourselves warned.

Cheers
Doug