Community Watch For Bad Buyers/Sellers/Traders

Reaction score
Re: Community watch for Bad Traders

On the subject of Hemish I would have to disagree. I have made probably half a dozen trades with him, and everything always arrived fast and in great shape. I would say something must have happened if you havent heard from him or recieved anything from him. He is an honest guy as far as I know.

GNT

Reaction score

I did a quick search for him on GH and his email is Hemishd@bigpond.com ,try that if its different to what you have.

Its possible that his been away on a trip and just hasn't responded to you yet.

Reaction score

Originally posted by Commander Antilles:
Hemish Dekker is a bad trader in my opinion.

I agreed a sale with him to the value of $90 for some G1 Transformers. I got a money order and sent it to him on 28 October. After allowing for a reasonable time for post to get from the UK to Australia, I sent several emails querying if he'd received the money order yet. After a month of this with no response, I asked him to contact me ASAP, or I'd have to assume he was a bad trader. There was still no response in any form.

As of today's date, I've still had no response, and assume he has no intention of sending these items.
<font size="2" face="arial">If your MO was a bank draft, they can trace to see if it was cashed or not.

Reaction score

Yeah, I've been sending emails to him at the bigpond address. The last response I had from him was on 23 October.

There's a recent thread in the Trading or Classifieds forum asking him to get in touch, so I guess I'm not the only dissatisfied person.

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

When posting bad trader reports please try and be as objective as possible and do not get bogged down in the emotion of the situation. Being clear about the circumstances is more useful to other traders.

And above all please DO NOT post addresses or telephone numbers of bad traders.

Jeremy

G

Further to my post of Dec 14, avoid any trades with Tony Privette. He took me for a large quantity of items in a trade. He has also masqueraded as Mandy Bibb, Amanda Bowles and as a former friend of his, oxbigdaddycoolxo. THis person has a history of bad trading; please contact me for more information as you require.

Reaction score

Besides Kerry Lawler...

Here are some of my all time LOSERS

1.Babyklaney2001@netscape.net(Got Burned out've 2 Count Dooku's)
2.Bladeshumway@yahoo.com(He was susspossed to be getting me a vintage vader lightsaber but quit responding to my e-mails..)
3.Cartoonkidd@earthlink.net(Princess Leia Hoth & Tie Fighter Pilot POTF2 Figures)(Never responded back to e-mails..)
4.Jelridge70@hotmail.com(3 Loose POTJ Figures)(Never responded back to e-mails..)

I either don't have the address or name's anymore but these are just from the past year...

Just my addition's....

Reaction score

Anyone know what happened to Hemish Dekker?

Reaction score

Last I heard from Hemish he was very busy with work etc in preperation for the arrival of his second child....

I have to say I have dealt with Hemish on several occasions and have found him to be an extremely reliable trader.....and I doubt I am alone on that count as he has traded(along with just helped out) with many of the forum members here and on other sites.

Reaction score

Rorworr wrote:
I'd be wary and specific when trading with Ryjam282. He is not a man of his word and he has destroyed my faith in my fellow trader for the time-being.

He most definitely is not a man of his word. He is lazy in returning e-mails and is a very poor grader. I hate this guy! It's the first time in years of collecting that I feel I got ripped.

I traded him an ESB MOC Boba Fett (missing first layer POP) for what he claimed to be a C10 loose Yak Face + cash. The figure was not a C10 (more like a C8) and when it came time to pay the cash, he refused to pay the original amount. He complained about paying the original cost so much that I just let him get away with sending me just a fraction of what we agreed on. Do not trade with him.

This guy is scum.

G

Well I didn't want to have to add anybody to this list but, it looks like I have to. I recently tried to trade with RICKS TOYS and he took me for 2 figures. He was supposed to send me one of his custom r2 tray kits and a tat. padme, and I sent him a tc 14 and k3po. So I sent the figures out and was under the impression that he was doing the same. I get an email back about 2 weeks later saying that he recieved my end and was having computer problems and lost my shipping address. So I sent him my address again and that is the last time I heard from him. I have emailed him several times since then and they have all bounced back, and I still have not recieved anything from him, this trade was supposed to have taken place back in november and I have not heard from him since.

Reaction score

I got burned once since I started trading and the guy is:
Ryjam282

Was supposed to send me two unleashed for 2 TC 14 and two other stuff i don't remember. He said he never got them but had the TC 14 in his haves list recently...

We had a big argument with rorworr and me on a side and that scum of Ryjam282 on the other.

Well at the end, I lost 4 figs (including 2 Tc 14 damn...) and made another trade with Rorworr and was very happy with that. At least Ryjam282 allowed me to meet Rorworr but some day I'll kick in a**...

Reaction score

I have the same story to say about my trade with RICKS TOYS. I hate to add this here but the fact is I was supposed to get my RS tray in Nov. I send the fig in trade. I received a PM saying he got it and my tray will be posted soon. DEC1 I received another PM stating that he had a delay in getting materials and would be mailing out the tray that day. I still have yet to see it. I cannot get any email through and his profile no longer accepts PMs

I am alittle surprised by this as he seemed very nice and helpfull on the boards. I will gladlly delet this is he contacts me.....
Anyone know what happened to him?????????

G

Originally posted by Darth Cycy:
Ryjam282

<font size="2" face="arial">If you are non US resident it´s very important to be careful when you trade with this guy, he totally disrespects you if you are foreign (in his eye).
I am currently in a trade dispute with Ryan and man have i been insulted, he just tells me to f**k off and he has no intention of sending my trade item back.... i have given up hopes so now im just bugging him as payback.
He also told me that all guys who had experienced bad deals with him was a bunch of idiots who lies and that this forum was full of ******** (i have mail proof).

Do NOT deal with "Ryjam282"

EDIT>>>>If you lost some items to him recently keep a eye out for them here: Ryjam282´s eBay id.

[ 01-22-2003, 05:06 AM: Message edited by: heydorn74 ]

G

Hey Andreas, I didn't disrespect you at all, I said your mail system sucked in Sweden that's all. I never told you to F*ck off either I told you that I had delivery confirmation of my item being shipped to you and as soon as I emailed you and told you that I wanted to ship your item back because it was in like c-2 condition (absolutely horrible) then you started all of a sudden saying that you didn't get mine, interesting huh. Secondly, what grade of school are you in because your grammar skills are just terrible. You have to be in like 2nd or 3rd grade cause you have no idea how to talk or type. I guess since you are that young that is why you grossly overgraded your figure to me huh? Oh well. When you say your MOC figure is perfect with no creases and you send me one that looks like you folded in and put it in your pocket then there is a problem there. Have a great day.....

Ryan

[ 01-22-2003, 12:53 PM: Message edited by: Ryjam282 ]

G

Yeah right, whatever mr "honest"

You where fully informed of the creases that my item had, i sent you pics and you said that it was ok (you must have thought it was nice since you decided to keep it).
I also said that we should trade back instantly when the Ben MOC arrived to me cause you were not pleased.... i never recived any MOC from you as you know very well (im sooo suprised).

You have a history of bad deals and displeased customers so frankly i could not care less what bullsh*t stories you come up with..... i also know that there are plenty more people on this forum who have a thing or two to talk with you about.

And now a word from some of Ryan´s previus customers:

Originally posted by Peterfett:
Rorworr wrote:
I'd be wary and specific when trading with Ryjam282.

He most definitely is not a man of his word. He is lazy in returning e-mails and is a very poor grader.

I traded him an ESB MOC Boba Fett (missing first layer POP) for what he claimed to be a C10 loose Yak Face + cash. The figure was not a C10 (more like a C8) and when it came time to pay the cash, he refused to pay the original amount. He complained about paying the original cost so much that I just let him get away with sending me just a fraction of what we agreed on. Do not trade with him.

This guy is scum.
<font size="2" face="arial">And you call me a poor grader????

Originally posted by Darth Cycy:
Ryjam282

Was supposed to send me two unleashed for 2 TC 14 and two other stuff i don't remember. He said he never got them but had the TC 14 in his haves list recently...

We had a big argument with rorworr and me on a side and that scum of Ryjam282 on the other.

Well at the end, I lost 4 figs (including 2 Tc 14 damn...) and made another trade with Rorworr and was very happy with that. At least Ryjam282 allowed me to meet Rorworr but some day I'll kick in a**...
<font size="2" face="arial">Here we go again Ryan.... oh sorry... i mean mr "honest"

Originally posted by Rorworr:
If you are trading with Ryjam282, or thinking of doing so, think again! I traded with him about a month ago and this is what I was to receive:

AOTC R2 w/insert
Ep 1 TC-14
POTF2 Luke Jedi Black Vest orange card
POTF2 Luke Jedi BROWN vest (outie version) Orange card
POTF2 Luke X-wing long saber Orange card
POTF2 Darth Vader long saber Orange card
POTF2 Boba Fett (Full circles on hands) Orange card
POTF2 Original Luke w/ blaster pistol and LONG SABER Orange card
Freeze Frame Pote Snitkin
GC Emperor Plapatine
FF Princess Leia (Jabba's Prisoner)

This is what I received:

AOTC R2 w/insert - missing!!!
Ep 1 TC-14 - soft bottom corners!!!
POTF2 Luke Jedi Black Vest orange card - major card damage and creases!!!
POTF2 Luke Jedi BROWN vest (outie version) Orange card - fine.
POTF2 Luke X-wing long saber Orange card - major card crease, curled card!!!
POTF2 Darth Vader long saber Orange card - curled card and crease!!!
POTF2 Boba Fett (Full circles on hands) Orange card- creased and curled card!!!
POTF2 Original Luke w/ blaster pistol and LONG SABER Orange card - ok
Freeze Frame Pote Snitkin - curled and creased card!!!
GC Emperor Plapatine - fine
FF Princess Leia (Jabba's Prisoner) - curled and creased card!!!

His packing job was careless at best and that is the reason why all but 3 of the figures I received were damaged. The absence of the R2-D2 is still a mystery to me as he has avoided the issue. He admitted to being irresponsible with his packing job. And promised to compensate me and send the R2-D2 as well. After a 2 weeks of waiting, I sent a polite inquiry and received an email telling me he had much better things to do than wait in line at the post office. I sent another recently and received no response. I finally sent him an email telling him I would like to avoid posting this and he replied, "nice threat big boy. do what you will." He obviously has brewed some contempt of me for one reason or another. I feel this response is completely unwarrented and I will obviously be out an R2 unit and get the shaft in the trade due to the condition of what I received. He received my figures in great shape and was sincerely apologetic to begin and it has progressively gone down hill. I would save yourself the trouble. You can't rely on him to compensate for his mistakes and as far as I know he isn't too concerned with modifying his packing approach. I abide by the unwritten laws of the honest trader and had it been him that received figures in the condition I did, I would have compensated him fairly. I'd be wary and specific when trading with Ryjam828. He is not a man of his word and he has destroyed my faith in my fellow trader for the time-being. I hope this can help promote the importance of checking up on other traders and the need to be specific and assured that your package will be protected and if not, you will be compensated fairly. Watch your back!
<font size="2" face="arial">Nice work Ryan, everybody seems happy to deal with you..... NOT!!!!

[ 01-23-2003, 07:35 PM: Message edited by: heydorn74 ]

Reaction score

I never got my signed Flashback R2 from Ewokloveslave

The guy isn´t answering my mails anymore. He went out of this with a "free"
set of KINDER HIPPOS. I Know that I already tracked the package.

P.S. I had a great deal with Rick back in july, I am sorry about your mess

[ 02-12-2003, 01:04 PM: Message edited by: The Real Scooby&#153 ]

Reaction score

Ricks toys update.

It appears that Rick knows about a few of us who have not received our items and is trying to cover it at other sites. I am still trying to contact him or get him to mail me on the issue. here is a link to that thread and him stating basiclly the damage is done and he doesn't have time to get us our stuff.

http://www.gadders.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=customs;action=display;num=1044395721;start=10

These are the times I regret I am no longer in the military so I can get a cheap fight to England

Reaction score

I hope everything works out for you guys. I think some parts of Ricky's story are weird too and I mailed him about him, but I can assure you he is a great guy. I'm sure he will stand up to it.

Reaction score

We have since communicated via email, He seems willing to follow through and have someone here in the states cast the piece for me. Maybe Ryan? I don't know who.

I hope it comes to an agreeable solution.

UPDATE 3-10 still waiting?

[ 03-10-2003, 11:14 AM: Message edited by: Reconsgt ]

Reaction score

I'd still like to get the stuff I brought from Hemish last year.

However, his Bigpond email address, another email address that I found on another site, and a webpage link of his that he gave me are all now dead, so I have no way of tracking him down.

Does anyone have a working email address or other point of contact for him?

[ 03-10-2003, 08:15 AM: Message edited by: Commander Antilles ]

Reaction score

Anyone dealt with Leebo11? Looks like he is screwing me over royally. If things change, I'll take that back. But right now I consider him a bad trader.

G

not a good start to my first trade on rebelscum
had a deal with andrew (aka)The Hairy Fairy in here ,the trade was for a royal starsip mib (tham big) so i packed it up paid the postage on it gave it the to the wife to send after her work then emailed andrew to say packed was sent will email track and trace id as soon as wife gets back ,he replyed just as post office closes ( I have to drop our trade, sorry about that!!! I got a starship in Hamburg from a dealer down there, traded some new figures and a Tie bomber for it. Hope that does not inconvenience you to much????) but i sent you package (so i thought )lucky wife never made it to the po in time .
its kinda turned me away from tradeing here anymore
his email is info@thehairyfairy.dk>
his webpage is www.thehairyfairy.dk
regards alan

[ 05-14-2003, 01:21 PM: Message edited by: sw boba ]

Reaction score

Leebo11 is sending my check back to me now he says, but I consider him a bad trader based on my personal experience. I've never been this pissed off with a sale/trade before.

Reaction score

BobaBoy posted saying he was looking for Marvel Legends figures, and to mail him on which ones he had. Following is our email exchanges His email is Bobaboy@concentric.net.

Me, to him, May 12:

I have a ton of Marvel Legends figures if you're interested. Let me know what you're looking for.

Him to me, May 13:

hello, i am looking for newer wave 3 figures, such as Wolverine, Thor, Ghost Rider and DDevil, the DDevil can be the one with little facial hair, i am just looking to pay retail if you are generous, if you want to charge a few dollars more per figure i can do that as well, i am just looking not to be gouged with prices, also i am looking for Series 2 Dr. Doom, sadly i passed on this figure when i saw it at the stores and well i feel dumb passing it up for retail but if you have one MIP or preferably loose i am interested, you can shoot me over a list with prices if you feel so inclined. ~ Cruz

Me to him, May 13:

Hi,

I have no Dr. Doom, but I have Wolverine, Daredevil, Thor and Ghost Rider. How does $34 plus shipping for the set sound?

Let me know, thanks.

Him to me, May 13:

i will take that set, how would you like payment? paypal? MO? lmk, i might have to pay you saturday/sunday, i will be out of town thursday and friday and will come back saturday and have to work, and i am nabbing two series 1 toads today. ~ Cruz

Me to him, May 13:
PayPal is fine.

My email address is *edited* for PayPal.

The total is $34 plus $12 shipping.

Please let me know when you send it, as well as your name and shipping address. Thanks.

No response or payment came Saturday or Sunday as promised, so I emailed to him May 19:

Hi, is our deal still on for the Marvel Legends Wolverine, Daredevil, Ghost Rider, and Thor?

Thanks.

No response that day, so I emaild again May 21:

Hi, is our deal still on for the Marvel Legends Wolverine, Daredevil, Ghost Rider, and Thor?

Thanks.

I finally got a response May 21:

Ahh the funeral took longer than expected as I went with my family and it
took 2 days longer than expected, but sad to say, I hit a few Wally Worlds
(WalMarts) and snagged all the marvel legends figures i need and spent a
hefty 80 dollars or so on them, no unmasked wolverine or anything but just
the walmart series of them, so the deal is off, i am sorry to disappoint
you, i also snagged a load of new star wars figures and my credit card
company loves my toy spending habits ~ Cruz
----- Original Message -----

That's complete garbage. When you make a person wait for payment, and you agree to a deal, you follow through. From what I have heard, other people have had a lot of trouble with BobaBoy as well. His email makes the situation sound cute, as if I'm supposed to say, "Awww, shucks! Good for you, BobaBoy!", to be his cheerleader. Duh.

I was even selling the pieces at a loss, as I paid $8.99 for two of them and $9.99 (as evidenced by the price tags still on all four of them) for the other two at Gamestop, but selling them at $8.50 a piece. $12 shipping was more than fair for the size and weight of them (I pack well and use bubble wrap and LOTS of peanuts- not cheap) and was going to insure via USPS, to protect both of us.

I've been ripped off more on here, and had more flakes like BobaBoy, than I care to count. A big thumbs down to BobaBoy. If you want to get jerked around for over a week, BobaBoy is your uh, man!

Reaction score

Your lucky Darth Epidermis. At least he emailed you back. About half the guys on here that wanted something from me just left me hanging. I emailed them and everything and they just ignored me. Some of the stuff I even packed up, took to the PO and got it priced and then didn't hear from them again!?!
I even noticed one guy changed his forum name after a couple emails I sent him. One guy told me to hold something until the end of the month b/c he was low on funds. I was fine with that. Then I noticed him asking another guy on here how much he wanted for the same item. I'd give him the benifit of the doubt but he already burned me once by wanting something and then never emailing again until he wanted something else. Then he gave me the low fundage story.

I wouldn't mind so much if buyers would have the courtesy to at least let me know if they don't want it--I do! I try to be as courteous and prompt(with emails) to buyers as I can. I just wish they would show a little more consideration.

I will probably start to add names to this thread just to make sellers/buyers aware of these individuals.

[ 05-22-2003, 04:01 PM: Message edited by: Huff T ]

Reaction score

ehh well i am sorry darth epidermis! you were selling me some figures, which you were overcharged for! $34 for four ML figures! which comes down to $8.50 per figure plus $12 dollars shipping! when i found them at wal mart a few days later for $6.50 retail! just to let you know, i've sent mail via USPS, priority mail, the packaging for the delivery is free at a post office and sending a box 12"x12"x12" full of 12inch figures weighing a few pounds only cost me $8 bucks to send across the US to the east coast, I AM SORRY I WASN'T SCREWED OUT OF MY HARD EARNED MONEY FOR FIGURES I FOUND AT RETAIL! THANKS FOR THE OFFER ANYWAYS! I AM SORRY YOU PAID $9+ PER FIGURE I SUGGEST YOU RETURN THEM AND GET YOUR MONEY BACK, AND JUST TO LET YOU KNOW THEY ARE STILL SHIPPING ML SERIES 3 SO DON'T GIVE ME CRAP ABOUT THEM BEING RARE! DON'T TRY TO SCREW PEOPLE OUT OF PAYING YOUR INFLATED SHIPPING CHARGES EITHER! I HAVE AT LEAST 15+ PEOPLE WHO WILL VOUCH FOR ME ON TRADES AND DEALS! I AM SORRY I MAY HAVE NOT PAYED SOME PEOPLE ON PREVIOUS TRADES SINCE SOME PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM HAVE TRIED TO BURN ME OR OTHERS! SORRY TO SAY THAT IF THE FORUMS ARE BECOMING FILLED WITH PEOPLE LIKE YOU, THEN I AM SORELY LOOKING FORWARD TO THE FUTURE OF THIS FORUM AND COLLECTING IN GENERAL! YOUR INTENTIONS WERE GOOD, BUT YOUR CHOICE OF BUYING AND PLACES OF SHOPPING WERE BAD!

Reaction score

Eh. I have mixed feelings on the problem here. I don't think Boba's actions merit bad feedback, or you to be near as upset as you are about it, but, I feel like Boba could have handled thing differently as well. I know that I have backed out of a few deals before, and, I never felt good about it, but if no money has changed hands and you haven't sent anything, I don't think it is really a loss.

At the same time, Boba should have (in my opinion) emailed you sooner that he was backing out of the trade. Would that have still upset you as much? I dunno. But, things come up, and I agree with Boba in that if I have "made a deal" on Rebelscum for some figures, and see some for almost half the price at retail...well, I'm gonna have to back out of that deal.

So. Maybe when we sell stuff on here, we should have a new policy on how long we will hold stuff for people? Maybe give them two days? Three? Personally, at the same time, if it had been a week since he had contacted me, I would have gone ahead and decided he didn't want the items and had them back on the market. Of course, who you are going to find to pay that much for some marvel legend figures I dunno either. Ah well.

Reaction score

Originally posted by BobaBoy:
ehh well i am sorry darth epidermis! you were selling me some figures, which you were overcharged for! $34 for four ML figures! which comes down to $8.50 per figure plus $12 dollars shipping! when i found them at wal mart a few days later for $6.50 retail! just to let you know, i've sent mail via USPS, priority mail, the packaging for the delivery is free at a post office and sending a box 12"x12"x12" full of 12inch figures weighing a few pounds only cost me $8 bucks to send across the US to the east coast, I AM SORRY I WASN'T SCREWED OUT OF MY HARD EARNED MONEY FOR FIGURES I FOUND AT RETAIL! THANKS FOR THE OFFER ANYWAYS! I AM SORRY YOU PAID $9+ PER FIGURE I SUGGEST YOU RETURN THEM AND GET YOUR MONEY BACK, AND JUST TO LET YOU KNOW THEY ARE STILL SHIPPING ML SERIES 3 SO DON'T GIVE ME CRAP ABOUT THEM BEING RARE! DON'T TRY TO SCREW PEOPLE OUT OF PAYING YOUR INFLATED SHIPPING CHARGES EITHER! I HAVE AT LEAST 15+ PEOPLE WHO WILL VOUCH FOR ME ON TRADES AND DEALS! I AM SORRY I MAY HAVE NOT PAYED SOME PEOPLE ON PREVIOUS TRADES SINCE SOME PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM HAVE TRIED TO BURN ME OR OTHERS! SORRY TO SAY THAT IF THE FORUMS ARE BECOMING FILLED WITH PEOPLE LIKE YOU, THEN I AM SORELY LOOKING FORWARD TO THE FUTURE OF THIS FORUM AND COLLECTING IN GENERAL! YOUR INTENTIONS WERE GOOD, BUT YOUR CHOICE OF BUYING AND PLACES OF SHOPPING WERE BAD!
<font size="2" face="arial">True, USPS does provide free boxes, but none are big enough to appropriately pack the figures, so that their packages are not touching the inside of shipping box, in case the box gets crushed in transit. If the pieces are touching the box, and the box gets crushed, then the pieces will get crushed. Further, I bought these at Gamestop, when they came out. I bought two for $8.99, and then Gamestop inexplicably raised their price to $9.99, which I paid for the other two. The price tags are still on them, proving this to be true.

I recently sent only THREE Marvel Legends pieces to California (where YOU LIVE), and since I pack parcels appropriately, with bubble wrap and LOTS of styrofoam peanuts, inside HUGE boxes (that I must provide, USPS doesn't have any big enough), and I insure everything (at a cost of at least $1.30) to protect myself and the recipient, it cost me well over $11 to ship, not counting my cost for shipping supplies. Considering your package was to include another figure, I took that into account when estimating the cost of shipment. I don't set the shipping rates, USPS does, and they are ridiculous. And when you do a GOOD job of packing, it only goes up.

And I have NEVER said that Ghost Rider, Thor, Daredevil, and Wolverine are "RARE." EVER. You made that up- pure fantasy.

The point is, you AGREED to buy them, and made me wait for payment, and then didn't tell me that you had flaked out! You knew all the terms, which were more than fair; I was just trying to clear out some room and help a fellow collector out, even though I'd actually be coming out BEHIND on the deal. When you strike a deal with someone, you are supposed to honor your end of the deal; this is lost upon most people these days, it seems. Whether it be a seller selling something that is "MOMC", and is supposed to meet many criteria laid out by the prospective buyer, and then the seller sends a beat-up piece of garbage; or, flaky buyers like you who make up excuses about "funerals taking longer than expected" and such nonsense, excuses to scour your own area looking for the crap you agreed to buy, etc. You're a bad trader, BobaBoy, and I'm not the only one you've screwed over.

Everyone, avoid Cruz/Bobaboy/bobaboy@concentric.net. He's immature and a flake.

Reaction score

Originally posted by BushiFox:
Eh. I have mixed feelings on the problem here. I don't think Boba's actions merit bad feedback, or you to be near as upset as you are about it, but, I feel like Boba could have handled thing differently as well. I know that I have backed out of a few deals before, and, I never felt good about it, but if no money has changed hands and you haven't sent anything, I don't think it is really a loss.

At the same time, Boba should have (in my opinion) emailed you sooner that he was backing out of the trade. Would that have still upset you as much? I dunno. But, things come up, and I agree with Boba in that if I have "made a deal" on Rebelscum for some figures, and see some for almost half the price at retail...well, I'm gonna have to back out of that deal.

So. Maybe when we sell stuff on here, we should have a new policy on how long we will hold stuff for people? Maybe give them two days? Three? Personally, at the same time, if it had been a week since he had contacted me, I would have gone ahead and decided he didn't want the items and had them back on the market. Of course, who you are going to find to pay that much for some marvel legend figures I dunno either. Ah well.
<font size="2" face="arial">Just because YOU would do the same does not make it acceptable. It's ambiguous morality (I do it, so it MUST be ok!) and amorality (lacking all moral integrity) like this that makes the world a worse place.

Reaction score

No, its no money has changed hands, and no contract has been made, so he is not legally or morally obligated to buy the items from you.

Reaction score

I'd have to disagree with you BushiFox (with all due respect). BobaBoy already agreed in principal to the price and already mentioned when he would send payment.

That is a confirmed transaction in my books.

BobaBoy should not complain about the prices or shipping AFTER he agreed to it, plain and simple.

Not to mention it's simple courtesy and saying that your word is your bond. Once you've confirmed a transaction, then you should be obligated to follow through.

Although no money or items have been transacted, and no one has loss anything, it was a total waste of time for Darth Epidermis and BobaBoy demonstrated poor trading etiquette. Darth E deserves to be pissed...it was BobaBoy that did not follow through on an AGREED transaction.

Reaction score

Originally posted by BushiFox:
No, its no money has changed hands, and no contract has been made, so he is not legally or morally obligated to buy the items from you.
<font size="2" face="arial">*sigh*

Reaction score

I got my check back from Leebo11 the other day. So I guess I can't get too mad, because at least I got my money back. It's just too bad that he didn't communicate better with me. I won't ever deal with him again myself, but my dealing with him could have been an isolated incident. Maybe he's just prejudice against Wookies.

Reaction score

<font size="2" face="arial">Sorry, but I have to disagree with this in several respects. I read the email trail here, and there certainly was a binding contract. A contract can most certainly be formed without money changing hands. All it requires is an offer, acceptance, and mutual consideration (i.e., mutual promises to exchange things of value). All those elements were present here. There was certainly nothing equivocal or conditional in the acceptance of the offer. As a practical matter, is someone going to sue to enforce a contract for $34? Probably not, especially if the people don't live in the same city. But it is a legally binding and enforceable contract nonetheless.

Beyond that, however, in my view (and I'm sure in the view of many others) there certainly is a "moral" obligation to follow through on a deal once you've agreed to it unequivocally, barring some extreme mitigating circumstances coupled with the consent of the seller to break the deal. Once you say "yes," the deal is done. If you find a better deal down the road, then that's your tough luck. Should have done more homework or legwork before agreeing to buy some else's items. That's just basic hobby logic and common hobby etiquette.

I also totally agree with leaving negative feedback for this guy. This sort of crap is happening too much lately. I call it the "shake and flake" syndrome. People commit to deals and then just brush them off, even after people hold items and pass on other purchase offers. Seems like a handful of people are doing this repeatedly on these Boards, and I absolutely think they should be exposed to the community so that sellers don't waste their time (and lose out on other potential sales) because of them.

Chad

[ 05-28-2003, 04:37 AM: Message edited by: Twisted Sithster ]

Reaction score

Originally posted by Twisted Sithster:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="arial"> No, its no money has changed hands, and no contract has been made, so he is not legally or morally obligated to buy the items from you.
<font size="2" face="arial">Sorry, but I have to disagree with this in several respects. I read the email trail here, and there certainly was a binding contract. A contract can most certainly be formed without money changing hands. All it requires is an offer, acceptance, and mutual consideration (i.e., mutual promises to exchange things of value). All those elements were present here. There was certainly nothing equivocal or conditional in the acceptance of the offer. As a practical matter, is someone going to sue to enforce a contract for $34? Probably not, especially if the people don't live in the same city. But it is a legally binding and enforceable contract nonetheless.

Beyond that, however, in my view (and I'm sure in the view of many others) there certainly is a "moral" obligation to follow through on a deal once you've agreed to it unequivocally, barring some extreme mitigating circumstances coupled with the consent of the seller to break the deal. Once you say "yes," the deal is done. If you find a better deal down the road, then that's your tough luck. Should have done more homework or legwork before agreeing to buy some else's items. That's just basic hobby logic and common hobby etiquette.

I also totally agree with leaving negative feedback for this guy. This sort of crap is happening too much lately. I call it the "shake and flake" syndrome. People commit to deals and then just brush them off, even after people hold items and pass on other purchase offers. Seems like a handful of people are doing this repeatedly on these Boards, and I absolutely think they should be exposed to the community so that sellers don't waste their time (and lose out on other potential sales) because of them.

Chad
</font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">Totally well said. I'm really sick of these type of traders on the board too.

Reaction score

I too was stood up by BobaBoy recently. He'd agreed to purchase 2 Deluxe figures and a 3 3/4 figure from me and then I never heard from him again. No reponse to repeated emails and PMs.

For the most part I've had great dealings with rebelscum people...it's people like BobaBoy that ruin for all the good apples.

Reaction score

Hello all. I had a guy by the name of Danny H. Simmons, 5975 W. NC 152 Hwy, Mooresville, NC 28115, beat me for $350. This is about 2 years ago. He sold me a Cloudcity playset, that was misb. When I got it, the box wasn't sealed at all. I told him I wanted a refund & he said no problem, send it back. I did, & he just kept the money & piece. Long story short, I'd email him & he kept telling me to give hom time, & eventually he disappeared on me. I've filed with the FBI for fraud but never heard anything.

Rick

Reaction score

sad to see that there are still LOSERS that stiff others of there goods....sad to see,but it will always come back to them and bite them!!!