Community Watch For Bad Buyers/Sellers/Traders

Reaction score
Please use this thread to post community warnings about bad traders that you have encountered, so we can weed out these troublemakers ASAP. Please be detailed with what went wrong in the deal, as well as giving identification of the individual (board ID, email address, etc.).

Note that this thread is easily accessible in the Member Directory links near the top of the main Feedback forum page.

If we can be of any assistance, please let us know!

-Matt

EDIT: Please note that I am no longer on the staff here at Rebelscum. Please direct any questions/concerns/etc. to the current forum moderators. Thanks.

[ 05-20-2003, 05:28 PM: Message edited by: Matt Carroll ]

Reaction score
Re: Community watch for Bad Traders

Though I haven't traded with him personally (had contact with him though), we should obviously start with this Evan Goodman "Tastetesta" clown (now posing as both "ImperialRTS" and "TheJediGuy" here in the forums) who has apparently burned a LOT of people at many different collecting sites over the past year (Rebelscum, Jawa, SSG and CSW, among others). He's usually based in Marlton, NJ but I hear he's using some Virginia addresses as well. I suggest you all read up on him since there's far too much info (e-mails, aliases, addresses, etc.) on this jerk than I could possibly post, so here's some links that I highly suggest you all check out:

http://forums.rebelscum.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=9;t=006289

http://forums.rebelscum.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=9;t=006329

6 pages long:
http://www.thejawa.com/YaBBse/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=2670;start=0

5 pages long:
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.ph p?s=66f9862b678681f512d45c03481b54bb&threadid=9945&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

http://forums.rebelscum.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=13;t=005277

http://forums.rebelscum.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=13;t=005229

My best advice is that if someone does not have any feedback, make them send their package FIRST, and only send out (with Delivery Confirmation) once it has been received.

*Note: post edited to alter links after the forum move

[ 06-24-2002, 10:30 AM: Message edited by: Matt Carroll ]

Reaction score

This is the link to the Jawa.com's negative feedback page. I know there's been a fair amount of "cross-trading" between members of various sites, so you might want to check out their board for bad trader alerts as well.

http://www.thejawa.com/YaBBse/index.php?board=7

Reaction score

We should also add the illustrious:

KERRY LAWLER

aka

Jedi DJ
Ambu_Fett

Reaction score

Originally posted by Darth Paul:
We should also add the illustrious:

KERRY LAWLER
aka
Jedi DJ
Ambu_Fett
<font size="2" face="arial">Hiya there Paul... I finally got my stuff from Lawler, 8 months late. I still consider him a bad trader and recommend no one trades with him.
Did you ever get your stuff?

G

He also goes by the name of Harry Goldstine....I recently conducted a trade about a week ago with him & he got my figure & I have yet to get his end of the bargain.

Reaction score

Lawler and Goldstien can't be the same person. Lawler is in CA while Goldstien lives in, according to another one of your posts, NJ.

G

Well all I know is that I sent my stuff to a guy named Harry Goldstine not Goldstien at the address 34 Marlton NJ about 10 days ago & still nothing.

Reaction score

Ketwol -
For the love of all that is Holy, don't you understand the point of this thread?!? Did you not read my post above (the 2nd one here)? Do NOT trade with anyone in Marlton, NJ. I'm sorry, but you've got to pay better attention to what's going on around here... We're trying to help you (and everyone else) out, but it doesn't work if you're NOT listening. You lost your stuff. Time to move on, or check out one of those links above that asks for info on anyone that's been scammed by this guy to add to his police file. I believe it's one of TheJawa links. Check it out. Might as well add your name to the list, 'cause you just got taken...

Well, perhaps judging by the dates, my post above might have come just after your deal with this guy went through. There was still a TON of info on him throughout the rest of this forum and on all of the other major Star Wars collecting sites. Besides, you should NEVER trade with someone with NO feedback, unless you have them send their items FIRST. Unfortunately, I bet you've learned your lesson the hard way. Better luck next time around. The great majority of us here are honest guys, so don't get too down on trading here just because of this jerk.

[ 06-28-2002, 03:43 AM: Message edited by: JediMAC ]

G

I just wanted to add my personal dealings with this Evan Goodman fellow. On the 17 of June he contacted me about a trade. He was to send me Jorg Sacul and R3-T7 in return for 5 or 6 of my loose playsets. I knew the deal was too good to be true but I figured that maybe this guy had an extra and wanted the playsets. That is until he sent me his address. It looked familiar and I checked here and Jawa/Sandtroopers and there it was! He also goes by the name of Destroyer2000@aol.com. When I let him know I was on to him here is what he replied with (taken from our IM conversation).

TheDestroyer2000: http://www.figures.com/databases/news/starwars/26/652.jpg
Ratbat11: oh no I am way down south from there
TheDestroyer2000: do u have an extra djas?
Ratbat11: no I don't have any Djas at all
TheDestroyer2000: oh
TheDestroyer2000: i got an extra palp ..
Ratbat11: hey I hate to say this but your name and address sounded familiar to me. And I cam across some bad stuff about you on Rebelscum and the Jawa
TheDestroyer2000: tru u prolly have
Ratbat11: http://www.thejawa.com/YaBBse/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=2626
TheDestroyer2000: ive read them all
TheDestroyer2000: whats ur point?
TheDestroyer2000: ill give u refs and a picture
Ratbat11: I want to make the trade with you but I am gonna have to ask that you send first if you don't mind
TheDestroyer2000: yeah i mind
TheDestroyer2000: ill go same day with tracking ok?
Ratbat11: ok when do you want to go?
TheDestroyer2000: lets see tomorrow if ur trading MOTDS k?
Ratbat11: ok I will let you know tomorrow about the MOTDS. I should hear from the guy by then
TheDestroyer2000: if not?
Ratbat11: then we can work on something else to replace the MOTDS
Ratbat11: what happened at the Jawa?
TheDestroyer2000: u have nothing else i need
TheDestroyer2000: lets not talk about it
Ratbat11: lol, ok
TheDestroyer2000: i gtg to sleep
TheDestroyer2000: im going to wake at 7 am to check walmart
Ratbat11: ok talk to you tomorrow

This guy thought I was some dumb@$$!
Anyway I led him to believe that the trade was still on in the slim hopes that he was actually sincere with our trade. He stated that he sent out the Friday before 7/4 and nothing ever came.

Glad his name and addy caught my attention.

DO NOT TRADE WITH THIS GUY NO MATTER WHAT! YOU WILL GET SCREWED!!

Reaction score

TheJackal/Nick Burke

PLEASE under no circumstance buy or trade with TheJackal/Nick Burke. First of all he won’t pack your figures. I bought Fode & Beed and Kaadu w/ Jar Jar and the guy sent them in a paper bag. They arrived totally destroyed. On top of that he had said that both were MOMC, but there are marks from where the price tags were ripped off. Then I emailed him and told him what a clown he was for sending the things like that (in a paper bag). He then had the audacity to email me back and tell me it was my fault. Why? Because I didn't pay him to ship it better.

PLEASE, please, please. Never trade with or buy from this person.

DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS PERSON!

HE WILL RIP YOU OFF!

Here is all of his information

Rebelscum name: TheJackal
Email: reeyees21@hotmail.com

Edited by Membraneman
We do not allow address's and phone # to posted

Here is a link to the original thread I posted…

http://forums.rebelscum.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=21;t=003891

[ 08-02-2002, 01:18 AM: Message edited by: Membraneman ]

G

Originally posted by General Veers:
DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS PERSON!
HE WILL RIP YOU OFF!
Rebelscum name: TheJackal
Email: reeyees21@hotmail.com
Nick Burke
edit
<font size="2" face="arial">Come on Burke! Don't be an a$$. You're giving us Canadians a bad name. If you want to be a **** go on eBay. It's hard enough to get good stuff here and if you keep pulling crap like what you've done here no one will want to deal with us.

[ 08-02-2002, 09:31 PM: Message edited by: Membraneman ]

G

Ok General...and everyone else... enough is enough!
First... I sent you MOMC... I bought the item's two years ago from a collector store in Kelowna BC and they don't put price tags on their stuff!

Second... The two items were wrapped together in their origninal boxes, wrapped with brown parcel paper. They should have easily survived normal delivery. Obviously they did not.

Third... I offered you a refund for the items. I felt bad that this had happened to you... and tried to do the right thing...

However... your counter to my proposal was...
1. That you wanted a refund for the items damaged in the mail...
2. That you wanted a refund for the cost of the mail delivery...
3. That you keep the figures and not send them back to me...

We were unable to come to an agreement, in spite of my best efforts...and your constantly abusive attitude ended our discussions.

And one more thing General... at least I continue to show respect by not revealing your name and address for the world to see. And...
I AM AMAZED THAT THE OWNERS/MANAGERS OF THIS MESSAGE BOARD WOULD ALLOW THIS KIND OF TACTIC TO BE USED BY IT'S USERS... ESPECIALLY WITHOUT VERIFYING THE STATEMENTS MADE.
Thank you,
thejackal

G

Well hopefully you two can work this out now that both of you are present.

Reaction score

DO NOT TRADE WITH NICK BURKE...PERIOD!

Hello Nick remember me???? I'm known as TopJedi here at Rebel Scum....but maybe you would better remember me better as GungHo from GL's Ultimate Soldier board!

Nick Burke is a scam and will screw you over if given the chance like he has Veers and whoever else.

I had a major trade with Nick in which I sent him a ton of vintage SW stuff in exchange for a large lot of 1/6 scale military soldier odds and ends whic I was collecting at the time....I sent my end but never saw his...ever.I asked him to send my end back after at least a month and all he did was whine and complain about how he had no money.He was also very rude,and told me that he wouldn't refund the $30 shipping charges that I paid to get the stuff to him.After about 2 months he sent my stuff back...just tossed in a POS box without proper protection and that was it.I can tell you all that Nick does not have a good rep at the soldier board that I use to hang at.....he's known as a very rude,slow, and abnoxious trader.

See Nick,it pays to be honest.....plain and simple....read em' and weep!

To anyone who may have questions concerning this ,please feel free to e-mail me.Thanks, Brian TopJedi

Reaction score

It is with great dismay that I finally add someone to this list.

Sark 71

I realize some people have had good trades here with this guy and I had decent communication with him up until the point he stopped responding. We began a trade in May and it is now August. I have sent him patient, polite e-mails once a week since communication broke off, up until last week.

I sent him my three figures, he confirmed receipt and even told me of an error that he made when he sent the figures I was to receive to another person who subsequently refused to send them back. Now, that sucks and all, but I am the one who ended up being screwed. To that end, consider this negative feedback.

[ 08-16-2002, 09:48 PM: Message edited by: Morgbug ]

Reaction score

this is my first negative experience sinds i begon collecting.i'm being screwed by someone who's not on the forums, it's:

guido clasen
[address edited by moderator]
guido.clasen@12move.de

i traded some carded fig's with him for vintage potf fig's about 5 months ago, after two months i recieved some fig's and didn't hear anything from him anymore. at that time comunication was all from my side because his kid was ill and i can understand that, but i can't understand that still 3 months later he doesn't response to my emails anymore and i still didn't recieve the lando general.

watch out for this one.

[ 12-30-2002, 07:34 AM: Message edited by: Jeremy ]

Reaction score

Just wanted to drop a note that a new member to the forums by the name of "WAI" from Hong Kong is a bad trader.

He still owes me and several others for trades done 2 years ago over at SSG. He pops up about once a year and trys to rip people off. He has promised me off and on for the last 2 years he would send me something to compensate me for stealing my 12" Luke Stormtrooper w/ Dianoga from me and has yet to do so.

SO I STRONGLY ADVISE ANY AND ALL COLLECTORS TO AVOID TRADING WITH "WAI" HE IS A THIEF AND WILL RIP YOU OFF "

G

If you are trading with Ryjam282, or thinking of doing so, think again! I traded with him about a month ago and this is what I was to receive:
AOTC R2 w/insert
Ep 1 TC-14
POTF2 Luke Jedi Black Vest orange card
POTF2 Luke Jedi BROWN vest (outie version) Orange card
POTF2 Luke X-wing long saber Orange card
POTF2 Darth Vader long saber Orange card
POTF2 Boba Fett (Full circles on hands) Orange card
POTF2 Original Luke w/ blaster pistol and LONG SABER Orange card
Freeze Frame Pote Snitkin
GC Emperor Plapatine
FF Princess Leia (Jabba's Prisoner)
This is what I received:
AOTC R2 w/insert - missing!!!
Ep 1 TC-14 - soft bottom corners!!!
POTF2 Luke Jedi Black Vest orange card - major card damage and creases!!!
POTF2 Luke Jedi BROWN vest (outie version) Orange card - fine.
POTF2 Luke X-wing long saber Orange card - major card crease, curled card!!!
POTF2 Darth Vader long saber Orange card - curled card and crease!!!
POTF2 Boba Fett (Full circles on hands) Orange card- creased and curled card!!!
POTF2 Original Luke w/ blaster pistol and LONG SABER Orange card - ok
Freeze Frame Pote Snitkin - curled and creased card!!!
GC Emperor Plapatine - fine
FF Princess Leia (Jabba's Prisoner) - curled and creased card!!!
His packing job was careless at best and that is the reason why all but 3 of the figures I received were damaged. The absence of the R2-D2 is still a mystery to me as he has avoided the issue. He admitted to being irresponsible with his packing job. And promised to compensate me and send the R2-D2 as well. After a 2 weeks of waiting, I sent a polite inquiry and received an email telling me he had much better things to do than wait in line at the post office. I sent another recently and received no response. I finally sent him an email telling him I would like to avoid posting this and he replied, "nice threat big boy. do what you will." He obviously has brewed some contempt of me for one reason or another. I feel this response is completely unwarrented and I will obviously be out an R2 unit and get the shaft in the trade due to the condition of what I received. He received my figures in great shape and was sincerely apologetic to begin and it has progressively gone down hill. I would save yourself the trouble. You can't rely on him to compensate for his mistakes and as far as I know he isn't too concerned with modifying his packing approach. I abide by the unwritten laws of the honest trader and had it been him that received figures in the condition I did, I would have compensated him fairly. I'd be wary and specific when trading with Ryjam282. He is not a man of his word and he has destroyed my faith in my fellow trader for the time-being. I hope this can help promote the importance of checking up on other traders and the need to be specific and assured that your package will be protected and if not, you will be compensated fairly. Watch your back!

Reaction score

Hello,
I hope you can help me!
I recently had a transaction WILLY DARIUS (ebay User ID: Nextavengers)
I sent this guy $502 and some Transformers (For a trade in)
He has since cut off all contact...No e-mails (will not answer a one!) and he has even gone so far as to cancel his cell phone number.
I have the police involved but they are taking their sweet time… and a Lawyer would cost me more than I lost to him!
I am just desperate and am trying to track him down any way I can...
Here is what he gave me:
Willy Darius (ebay User ID: nextavengers)

My step-Father (and former Brooklyn cop from the 71st precinct which is right down the street from this address) went down there tonight and questioned the super...He said that there is NO one by the name of WILLY DARIUS in that building and never has been....he told me the name and number of the people living in that apt., but I am going to give it to the police, tomorrow!
Nextavengers@hotmail.com (OR) Willydarius@hotmail.com (OR) ratchetsgadgetshop@hotmail.com
(These are the e-mail addresses that he has been using! He also has two supposed partners in this 'Business' by the names of STEVE and BOB)

He has two websites where he cons people out of money and toys...This is the one that snagged me! http://groups.msn.com/digitoys/
and http://groups.msn.com/transformerstradecenter2/_homepage.msnw?pgmarket=en-us

I really need help in this!
I am just a very scorned and determined buyer who was royally ripped off!

ANY...ANY ASSISTANCE you can give me would be MOST gratefully appreciated!

Thank you very sincerely,

~Sir T

[ 12-30-2002, 07:36 AM: Message edited by: Jeremy ]

Reaction score

Thats f'd up that someone would do that and is getting away with it Sir T

Reaction score

I too must add a few people. First and foremost, Greg Lombardo, he used to be on the FFURG staff and he also goes by the name "G". I sent him a head to be casted along with a Imperial Dignitary coin to be casted and I never saw either one again. He used to live in NJ and work for the Port Authority, but I have no idea where he is now.
Also, Gabriel Barragan and I had a trade going for some X-wing pilot casts he was going to make and some custom fodder. I sent off a Pilot Obi-Wan and a Complete Galaxy Luke and only recieved the fodder, but no helmets. He said that he sent them at different times and that he would send back the Obi-Wan. I have yet to see that either. Also, if I get my Obi-Wan back, I will happily edit my post.
Sorry if this pisses anyone off, but I have to cover my *** as well...
-Ty-

[ 11-27-2002, 12:06 AM: Message edited by: Tyler Pugmire ]

Reaction score

I know this may sound stupid but:

I want a response from a person instead of guessing what the problem is/was it's more of a friendly way of doing things..I like the old saying I'd rather go with the devil you know than the devil you don't!!

Reaction score

Anybody here deal with a trader named Gregor Fricker?
I don't have his screen name.
His address is:

We were supposed to trade his 2 accessory sets for my 12" Yellow Clonetrooper. I sent the Clone and he recieved it, but has been stalling on his end. He sent me a CD game instead and then told me to return it to him. I wrote him on Monday and have not heard back from him. His email:
silere@seacove.net

Any info is appreciated.
Thanks
[ 12-30-2002, 07:38 AM: Message edited by: Jeremy ]

Reaction score

I dont know the person your talking about Karma, I wish you luck though in solving this.

Reaction score

Ha, Murphy's law. Out of the past a voice comes to make me look like an idiot. Please disregard the previous version of this post and excuse the egg on my face. The trade mentioned in here has restarted with new contact and I am most pleased.

[ 11-12-2002, 10:22 AM: Message edited by: Morgbug ]

G

Hiya people I'm new here, and was briefly scnaning this page over and noticed Sark 71 on the page. This is realy weird, seems that this is truly a small world. My girlfriend saw this link, and told me that she dated him, and that he passed away sometime over the sumer. Don't know if this matters or not, just thought I'd pass it on.

Reaction score

Well, um, ok. Yeah, that's a reasonable excuse. Feel free to retract my comments regarding Sark71. rest in peace.

G

Truley sad to hear, I know if I were to pass away that no one would post a message.

Reaction score

I just happened to notice JaseTraber is now a member of this forum. He has started selling items in the modern classified. To make a long story short.....Id be wary of this guy. The same guy with the same name...also outta Colorado stiffed me on an ebay auction for $24.00. Never sent me the items I won (Ep 1 R2D2 Case, Jabba Beast pack and some smaller items I dont remeber....Rebel pilots I believe). His account disappeared from Ebay...I think he was kicked out. When I contacted him he said that he ran a small business that went under and said he was doing the best he could to send everyone their items. Never happened. Then his email address was no longer active either. Disappeared untill now. Now he is selling in the classifieds. I emailed him to let him know that I didnt forget the transaction. Time will tell if he even answers it or just disappears again.

Reaction score

I just completed a deal with JaseTraber and it went very well. He was selling a large lot of loose Action Fleet items (Xyber 9 items too which are actually pretty cool, I should have checked them out earlier) for 50.00 including shipping which was a great deal, too good to be true actually but I still took the chance. I paid 50.00 via Paypal a couple weeks ago and got the package with everything that was supposed to be there a couple days ago. Shipping alone cost him 25.00. I asked if there was anything he was looking for so I could make up for the loss on shipping, neither of us expected it to be nearly that much. I'm still waiting to hear from him about that, but if he doesn't want something for free I won't hold it against him. I am very happy with our deal.

later,
MOH:AA

Reaction score

Well glad to hear that your deal with him went well. He replied to my email but got all mad when I explained to him that he recieved my money and never sent me a darn thing. Then he disappeared like a fart in the wind. Anyways now once again he wont reply to my emails and basically just ignored my claim saying that I had to have gotten my items...and/ or denying the deal ever went down. Hopefully he was just here to unload some stuff in the forum and will be gone for a while.

G

Originally posted by Rorworr:
If you are trading with Ryjam282, or thinking of doing so, think again!
<font size="2" face="arial">I made a trade deal with Ryjam282 about 3-4 months ago, ROTJ Ben MOC (him) vs POTF Romba MOC (me).

My Romba MOC was delivred safe and recorded to this Ryan guy, do you think i ever saw the Ben MOC?? think again!!!

He just told me that he did´nt send it recorded and said "too bad m8" and that´s the end of it from his side.... no refounds, compensation or anything!!!

He´s still replying to my mails but just tells me "nothing new to report" on my questions if he got it sent back or anything.

This pisses me off big time but what can i do

do NOT trade/deal with ***Ryjam282***

[ 12-12-2002, 07:45 AM: Message edited by: heydorn74 ]

Reaction score

Hi,
DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS ADDRESS

Thundercats2006@aol.com
XBRANDANX@AOL.COM
LASVEGAS0877@AOL.COM
toycollector2006@aol.com
BRANDAN85@AOL.COM
Catdriver9@AOL.COM
GHETTOCHILD62982@AOL.COM

Last known as a woman! JanetB44@aol.com

I am not sure this is the right place for it but I wanted to keep warning as many people as I could about a scammer. His username on RS is Aaron

Please see this Thread.

http://forums.rebelscum.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=006072

[ 12-30-2002, 07:40 AM: Message edited by: Jeremy ]

G

DO NOT deal with the following individual. He ripped me off in a major GI Joe for Star Wars trade (never delivered his end after an endless stream of excuses)

He has also passed himself off as Mandy Bibb and Amanda Bowles; there have been several charges and complaints filed against him. There are a few threads on other sites; email me for more info or his phone number.

[ 12-30-2002, 07:41 AM: Message edited by: Jeremy ]

Reaction score

Hemish Dekker is a bad trader in my opinion.

I agreed a sale with him to the value of $90 for some G1 Transformers. I got a money order and sent it to him on 28 October. After allowing for a reasonable time for post to get from the UK to Australia, I sent several emails querying if he'd received the money order yet. After a month of this with no response, I asked him to contact me ASAP, or I'd have to assume he was a bad trader. There was still no response in any form.

As of today's date, I've still had no response, and assume he has no intention of sending these items.