CommTech Chips!

Reaction score
Re: New Commtech chips?

If anyone has any they'd like to get rid of, pm me. thanks.

Reaction score

galaxycollectibles said:
Here is another source of information:
CommTech Guide
I'd noticed this guide before, but I didn't realize the prototype 2nd gen. chips actually worked with the current commtech chip. Cool!

Reaction score

Well, I just got 5 more... Anakin, Fode & Beed, Gungan Warrior, Jar Jar, and Sebulba. Now I'm on the hunt for more...

Reaction score

Love the commtech Chips. Here is one of the really rare loose picture chips. I have a carded example also, so this loose could be available....Enjoy.

Reaction score

Well, thanks to Sebulba there, my collection has grown by 1. Here they all are now, I've still got a few more to track down, though...

Reaction score

Hey isean, do these chips work with the old COMMtech Reader, or just the 'new' unproduced version?

Reaction score

I haven't tried them, because I don't know where my kids reader is, but from what I understand they are all supposed to work with the old reader, but I could be wrong, since I haven't tried it.

Reaction score

isean said:
I haven't tried them, because I don't know where my kids reader is, but from what I understand they are all supposed to work with the old reader, but I could be wrong, since I haven't tried it.
Damn. I would send you my reader, but then I would have anything to play my COMMtech chips on.

Reaction score

r2_jenn2 said:
it does work with the commtech reader. i tried it.
Are they alittle more improved from the EP1 chips? I remember the EP1 Chips being alittle lacking.

Reaction score

r2_jenn2 said:
i think they sound the same as episode one. i don't think they improved on the sound
Wouldn't be the first time Hasbro told us something that wasn't true.

Reaction score

Well, I just bought a new reader off eBay, so when I get it, I'll try each one just to make sure... There was supposed to be some sort of audio improvement, but it was probably in conjunction with the new reader, which I would like to find as well.

Reaction score

They all will work on the Old Reader, however due to the additional lines you can't record the whole set of lines in the reader. While playing the chip you will have lines repeat before you hear all the lines, if that makes any sense. The sound quality is not any better the original but considering the wireless technology still not too bad.

Reaction score
Re: Commtech chip storage or displays?

due to my recent obsession
, i am one commtech chip away from completing my collection. i was wondering if anyone has yours on display? i was thinking of framing them, but was trying to think of a way to frame them without damaging them. does anyone have ideas or picture of theirs? anyone?

if anyone has a spare queen amidala battle (#71) commtech chip that they are willing to part with, i am interested in buying or trading for it

Reaction score
Re: Commtech chip storage

I put mine on the chain that came with the Speaker thingy.

Reaction score
Re: Commtech chip storage

I used to have all the figures standing on them, but when I realized that 90% could stand pretty well by themselves, I threw them in a container. So, that's where they sit. The reader thing doesn't even work anymore!

Reaction score
Flat commtech chip price?

If there are any Flat commtech chip collectors, I was curious does this affect the price?

Reaction score
Episode I Commtech Store Display

I just purchased a Commtech Store display and notice after buying it that both antennas on the reader are broken. Will it be a easy swap to put a new one in? Didn't know if there's going to be a lot of taking the whole display apart to get to the reader. Any help would be great.