Commander Gree - TRU Exclusive

Reaction score
They said it was due to the number of paint ops, 300 vs 90 regularly...or something like that.

Reaction score
I'm fine with 25 as long as quality and accessories go up in conjunction.

I don't care how many paint apps this guy has, there are always figures with very few apps that even it out. Like Leia, besides the head no paint anywhere.

Reaction score
I love seeing prequel figures in this line, and Gree is up there with my favourite clones.

Was so excited when I saw this reveal on JTA... then I clicked on the picture... then I saw the white helmet. What a crazy decision to omit the screen accurate silver. Guess they spent the paint app budget on the camo :(

Reaction score
I love seeing prequel figures in this line, and Gree is up there with my favourite clones.

Was so excited when I saw this reveal on JTA... then I clicked on the picture... then I saw the white helmet. What a crazy decision to omit the screen accurate silver. Guess they spent the paint app budget on the camo :(

Apparently Hasbro was going to paint it silver, but Lucasfilm told them to make it white.

Reaction score
I hope he's as readily available as the hover tank pilot is at my local TRUs

Reaction score
I always thought the faceplate area of his helmet was white, and the silvery reflection was just a poor attempt to make it look shiny. Kinda like how the Episode 2 clones visor sometimes looks chrome even though its actually black. The only part I thought was actually silver was the chin piece with the two mic tips in it.

Reaction score
I'm not too into Clones, besides Cody, but I did always think Gree looked pretty cool. Glad he's getting the 6" treatment. Will he have a detachable head? :D

Reaction score
I always thought the faceplate area of his helmet was white, and the silvery reflection was just a poor attempt to make it look shiny. Kinda like how the Episode 2 clones visor sometimes looks chrome even though its actually black. The only part I thought was actually silver was the chin piece with the two mic tips in it.
I've researched this quite a bit for a custom and I ultimately concluded it's silver. But not brilliant silver. I went with a flat titanium tone silver. I think I posted pics of the freeze frames somewhere on this forum.

They said it was due to the number of paint ops, 300 vs 90 regularly...or something like that.
Yah, 90 paint apps and 210 camouflage splotches lol. That's Hasbro logic for you.

Reaction score
Here's the freeze frame pic I'm referring to. Lower jaw, ear piece and Mohawk are white. Chin, face and forehead plates are silver.

1/6 Sideshow Gree also painted this way.

Reaction score
I didn't even notice the rest. I can see the difference by your picture. Why would they tell them to make it white instead of silver that doesn't make any sense. It would be like Making C3pO Bright yellow instead of Gold. I'm still going to get Gree cuz I love me some clones but I will have to repaint his helmet

Reaction score
After seeing Gree, I regret selling my Cody for basically peanuts. I gave up hope of any other named Clone Commanders so I sold him off. :(

Reaction score
Gree, IMO, has one of the worst armor designs of all the clones. It's just a mess of green and brown.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Reaction score
After seeing Gree, I regret selling my Cody for basically peanuts. I gave up hope of any other named Clone Commanders so I sold him off. :(

I bought a second Cody loose for $2.50 at a toyshow a few weeks ago. The seller had several and my brother bought one too. Why is he so cheap? He is one of my favorite Black Series figures.

Reaction score
I bought a second Cody loose for $2.50 at a toyshow a few weeks ago. The seller had several and my brother bought one too. Why is he so cheap? He is one of my favorite Black Series figures.
I second that. He is without a doubt in my top 5 Black series Figures. I just want Hasbro to get to Rex now

Reaction score
Cost is being offered in bootleg form on ebay, the seller may have a ton of the cheaper bootleg versions

Reaction score
Cost is being offered in bootleg form on ebay, the seller may have a ton of the cheaper bootleg versions
I bought it at a toyshow from a local guy I know that runs a toy store. I doubt they were bootlegs. Looks great to me, and just like the one I already owned and bought at Walgreens. He was selling a lot of great stuff dirt cheap. Even NIB stuff. I bought it so that I could use one of his pegs to repair another trooper hat had a misshapen one.

Reaction score
Gree looks great. Now make blue Clone Lieutenant from AOTC. Phase II Rex from the Clone Wars and Bly & Thire from Revenge of the Sith. I prefer the phase II helmets over the CW phase I helmet for clones. I only want AOTC Lieutenant to complete the 4 clone officer set. Clones are easy repaints, except for the first clone commander with the pauldron and kama that are made.

Reaction score
I've really been on the fence about getting this thing because of the $25 pricepoint, but this thing is just too good to pass up.

Reaction score
When is this fig hitting TRU? I heard somewhere that it was in July? ArcCommanderEli can you confirm?

GNT

Reaction score
Is it me, or are the straps of his harness sinking into his armor...?
It appears sculpted into his chest so no separate piece for this one, since it wasn't removed in the movie it doesn't really need to be a separate piece.

Reaction score
I think what Koosh meant was that the way the straps are sculpted, it appears they are sunken into the armor. Especially noticeable in the "pec" area.

Reaction score
Seriously, they can afford to include 3 accessories?! :eek:

I've always kind of liked Gree, so i may end up getting him. Just depends on availability.

GNT

Reaction score
Seriously, they can afford to include 3 accessories?! :eek:
He doesn't really need anything else he has his blaster, rifle and binoculars, it would be nice if he had a removable head/helmet but otherwise the figure and weapons are fine.

Reaction score
I know, I'm just shocked that he's actually getting three. Maybe because he is an Exclusive, and can afford it with the increased price tag.

Reaction score
I really think TRU could have gotten something a little better then a figures from a movie that came out in 2005. I would have liked oh I don't Saw Gerrera?