Commander Cody - Archive Line

Reaction score
Cody wins the fan vote. No surprise.
So now i guess it's patience game to either buy the reissue, or wait for the redo. The reason we were likely told not to vote for Cody. lol
having someone say that has definitely made me rethink this, though I may buy the reissue anyways just in case those plans fall through.

Reaction score
So now i guess it's patience game to either buy the reissue, or wait for the redo. The reason we were likely told not to vote for Cody. lol
having someone say that has definitely made me rethink this, though I may buy the reissue anyways just in case those plans fall through.
I always considered it that Cody was simply coming in the archive line anyway, I didn't consider a new redo version was a possibility. Interesting.

Reaction score
I don’t need a Cody archive as I have the original release. But yeah, a redo could be interesting. I’m not sure it’s necessary though.

Reaction score
A whole new Cody seems weird to me; if they did one, I'd assume it would be a TCW Phase 1 armor version. I always assumed Cody would be getting rereleased regardless due to the demand, like Ahsoka, when we were told that.

Reaction score
Cody wins the fan vote. No surprise.
Big ugh. The sculpt is bad and he needs a removable helmet like Rex.

Sadly a redo probably isn't happening now.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Dont have the original Cody so happy to see him make a return and lets be honest, I think most of the poll options will put in a reappearance at some point. Just a case of when

Reaction score
Happy to get Cody, but disappointed that the vote was not utilized to get a face print version of a past non-helmeted figure.
And especially in regards to Sexy Time Leia.

Reaction score
Happy to get Cody, but disappointed that the vote was not utilized to get a face print version of a past non-helmeted figure.
And especially in regards to Sexy Time Leia.
Agreed 100%. I’ll def buy Cody as I sold the original but I’d like to see an updated Jango, Leia, etc. Hopefully they do another wave of 4 figures and we get the 3 runner-ups

Reaction score
I'm even happier now that I sold my Cody last summer. That figure was a floppy mess and really got on my nerves. Never regretted selling him.
Hopefully the re-release has sturdier hip joints and some weathering to bring out the sculpted details in the armour.

Reaction score
Good to get another shot at Cody is nice, sold mine years ago when I thought I was done. However I'm hoping for a new Cody in the future with the 2.0 clone sculpt.

Reaction score
Agreed 100%. I’ll def buy Cody as I sold the original but I’d like to see an updated Jango, Leia, etc. Hopefully they do another wave of 4 figures and we get the 3 runner-ups
There is a new Jango coming. It's in EBGames system.

I still have my original Cody. I was thinking of selling him cause of the value, but I decided to keep mine because I modified it so the head sits lower.

Reaction score
So, one other question has appeared in my mind. Are there going to be solid cases of Cody for the archive line or will there be others that Hasbro will release with this figure? How did this work in the past with Archive Anakin and Yoda?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
usually there are 4 figures in every Archive assortment, expect 3 other figures with this one, but we don't know who they are yet, rumored is Jango Fett is one, the other 2? who knows.

Reaction score
Cody is a nice entry for Archive as i never found a decent priced one so far.
IMO any orange/blue figure is welcome, except Slave Leia.
This needs a complete redo, to get the same size as any other Leias, faceprint, real chain collar, and better hidden joints or throw in a sculptered lower section for sitting position like H did back then with the 3.75 verion. Include Grumb and I would glady pay deluxe price for this

Reaction score
Jango is rumored for Gaming Greats actually. So basically an Archive just in a cooler box.

I don't think the Archive figures come in solid cases of one figure. But the Archive releases only seem to stick.aeound for awhile then they dry up. Wave 2 has already become hard to find for near retail.

Reaction score
Cody was very badly distributed over here in the UK. Very glad to have a shot at him finally!

Reaction score
Jango is rumored for Gaming Greats actually. So basically an Archive just in a cooler box.
TBH, I don't think figures like this belong in Gaming Greats. I mean aside from mobile games when was the last time Jango appeared in one, Bounty Hunter back in 02?

If you want to repack a figure fine just do it, but no need for gimmicks. I'd rather see Malak, Satele, etc. in gaming Greats rather than Jango or any other Film character.

Reaction score
Looks like I'll have to get him since a new version isn't immanent, would have preferred a removable helmet though. After all Cody is the first one to ever remove it on screen.

GNT

Reaction score
I think I’ll stick with my first one, not going to be buying this one

Reaction score
My thoughts exactly. :)
I've said before that I am an opener - which is true, until Archive line came along - and parts of the initial 40th. (I also have white Revan in box)
But I have so far every one of the Archives 1 open and 1 on card :) I love that packaging.

Reaction score
Here are the rest of the press images. Available Spring 2021 with a MSRP of $19.99. No doubt this'll be the hot one of the wave. Wonder how many Blue Line Cody's will end up for sale before then, and if the price is going to crater like Wolffe did. It is a different package here, though, so maybe the aftermarket won't drop as much.

Reaction score
I imagine the original will always be worth more than the reissue for various reasons, namely the packaging style preference for MIB/MOC collectors.
Where if you're a loose collector it shouldn't matter all that much. personally for me if I was a carded collector I would prefer the packaging to be the all the same, so the Archive figure would look out of place with older TBS. How much the reissue affects the secondary prices is anyone's guess.

Reaction score
Jayson did say the price was going up, but 120% is a bit... well, beyond simple inflation.

Luckily for me at least, I’m able to shrug off most new releases that aren’t OT-focused, and they seem to have now milked that cow to something approaching its max. There’ll probably be a few from ROtJ I’ll want but not many. New media like Mando is a different story entirely however.

Reaction score
Well at $24 I might just wait it out for the new sculpt we've heard rumor of? Not that there's anything wrong with the old one he just needs either s swappable head/helmet or a removable one.

If it were a newer version I wouldn't mind the price hike, but lets get real this is a figure from 2014. Which is basically the second year out and they've made significant improvements to the figures since then!

Reaction score
Reaction score
Definatly get this one, no matter it is just a straight rerelease.
I never got the original one and scalpers are milking it pretty hard. So I am glad he got the archive chance